The mercy of god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 11 2010,16:05)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 10 2010,18:09)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 10 2010,09:46)
    BD

You may not understand what I am talking about or you may not want to understand what I am talking about, either way what is for sure is

I'm not sure either!

Intelligent life comes from out of Existence itself as all other things do. Therefore creative intelligent life is inherent in existence just as non-creative unintelligent life/non-life is also inherent in existence.

The primary definition of the word “inherent” is “existing in something”.  So if we substitute that definition into your sentence, it becomes: Therefore creative intelligent life is existing in something in existence just as non-creative unintelligent life/non-life is also existing in something in existence.  Is that what you meant to say?  It actually says nothing, it just defines existence as existence.

Existence functions through LAW and LAWs are byproducts of Intelligent intent Therefor Law has a Law giver/maker

What laws do you mean?  The laws of nature?  What intelligence do you mean? Your “therefore” is a non-sequitur. You are just making a load of religious platitudes. The laws of physics actually do NOT appear to be the result of intelligence because they do not make any distinctions between different situations.  Gravity acts on the good and the bad in exactly the same way.  It takes large amounts of matter in a nebula and makes large stars that can go supernova and make the heavy atoms needed for life as we know it by exactly the same law of attraction that leads to small stars and atoms too small for life.  Electrostatic attraction makes no distinction between failing to glue together two atoms that break apart causing a  break in DNA that leads to cancer in a much-loved preacher, or doing the same thing to a violent criminal.  The laws of nature are exactly the opposite of “intelligent”, they are blind and indifferent.  You assert that these non-intelligent laws require a provider, and my assertion that they do not is just as valid as yours.

I suppose You have the ability to understand what I am saying if you do not understand what I am saying ridiculing what I say certainly will not help the matter.

I think I made the point that I was not convinced that you understood what you were writing about consciousness, inherency etc.  I'm no more convinced of that than I was.

Stuart

As I said you most likely cannot understand what I am saying, it's okay.

The laws of physics actually do NOT appear to be the result of intelligence because they do not make any distinctions between different situations.

This quote proved to me you have no understanding of what I have been saying.

In-fact your statement is completely ignorant to the reality of something as simple as the food chain or the uniterrupted existence of this solar system as I said before, it's okay.

Different people understand different things.

What is that about the food chain or the solar system?  What are you trying to say here?

Stuart

they follow laws

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 11 2010,16:46)

BD

You may not understand what I am talking about or you may not want to understand what I am talking about, either way what is for sure is

I'm not sure either!

Intelligent life comes from out of Existence itself as all other things do. Therefore creative intelligent life is inherent in existence just as non-creative unintelligent life/non-life is also inherent in existence.

The primary definition of the word “inherent” is “existing in something”.  So if we substitute that definition into your sentence, it becomes: Therefore creative intelligent life is existing in something in existence just as non-creative unintelligent life/non-life is also existing in something in existence.  Is that what you meant to say?  It actually says nothing, it just defines existence as existence.

Existence functions through LAW and LAWs are byproducts of Intelligent intent Therefor Law has a Law giver/maker

What laws do you mean?  The laws of nature?  What intelligence do you mean? Your “therefore” is a non-sequitur. You are just making a load of religious platitudes. The laws of physics actually do NOT appear to be the result of intelligence because they do not make any distinctions between different situations.  Gravity acts on the good and the bad in exactly the same way.  It takes large amounts of matter in a nebula and makes large stars that can go supernova and make the heavy atoms needed for life as we know it by exactly the same law of attraction that leads to small stars and atoms too small for life.  Electrostatic attraction makes no distinction between failing to glue together two atoms that break apart causing a  break in DNA that leads to cancer in a much-loved preacher, or doing the same thing to a violent criminal.  The laws of nature are exactly the opposite of “intelligent”, they are blind and indifferent.  You assert that these non-intelligent laws require a provider, and my assertion that they do not is just as valid as yours.

I suppose You have the ability to understand what I am saying if you do not understand what I am saying ridiculing what I say certainly will not help the matter.

I think I made the point that I was not convinced that you understood what you were writing about consciousness, inherency etc.  I'm no more convinced of that than I was.

Stuart

The laws of physics actually do NOT appear to be the result of intelligence because they do not make any distinctions between different situations.

In-fact your statement is completely ignorant to the reality of something as simple as the food chain or the uniterrupted existence of this solar system as I said before, it's okay.

What is that about the food chain or the solar system?  What are you trying to say here?

Stuart

they follow laws

So what? There is a lawgiver?

You would only think that if you had swallowed an unchallenged religious story, for the reasons I have already given you. Those laws of nature that have led to solar systems and food chains make absolutely no discrimination whatever, they are blind and unintelligent forces. How would you reasonably conclude the existence of an intelligence from that?

Perhaps you believe in a god of the gaps that you think somehow explains why the force of gravity decreases with the square of the distance between the two masses every time without fail. Why can it not be that this is just the way space-time spontaneously behaves when it forms spontaneously?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 11 2010,19:58)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 11 2010,16:46)

BD

I'm not sure either!

Stuart

Stuart

they follow laws

So what?  There is a lawgiver?  

You would only think that if you had swallowed an unchallenged religious story, for the reasons I have already given you.  Those laws of nature that have led to solar systems and food chains make absolutely no discrimination whatever, they are blind and unintelligent forces.  How would you reasonably conclude the existence of an intelligence from that?

Perhaps you believe in a god of the gaps that you think somehow explains why the force of gravity decreases with the square of the distance between the two masses every time without fail.  Why can it not be that this is just the way space-time spontaneously behaves when it forms spontaneously?

Stuart

Because spontaneous also suggests randomness

Stu
    Participant

BD

Ordered crystals spontaneously form from disordered salt solutions.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 13 2010,05:44)
    BD

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Crystals=117

Bible Truth=117

Matt. 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,
    wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing,
    but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

JEHOVAH Son=117

Rev.21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things;
    and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter],
    the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

bodhitharta
    Participant

BD

Stuart

What do you mean disordered salt solutions? Are these solutions geared towards producing crystals if so how are they disordered?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 13 2010,07:56)

BD

Stuart

What do you mean disordered salt solutions? Are these solutions geared towards producing crystals if so how are they disordered?

Leave seawater, a random mixture of sodium ions, chloride ions, magnesium ions, sulfate ions and others in water, to evaporate and you get crystals of magnesium sulfate. So not only do randomly arranged particles adopt the regular ordered array of a crystal lattice, but you can separate the different salts dissolved in the seawater just by doing nothing then collecting the magnesium sulfate crystals before the more soluble sodium chloride begins to crystalise.

Spontaneous ordering and sorting. No intelligence required.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 13 2010,15:00)

BD

Stuart

Leave seawater, a random mixture of sodium ions, chloride ions, magnesium ions, sulfate ions and others in water, to evaporate and you get crystals of magnesium sulfate.  So not only do randomly arranged particles adopt the regular ordered array of a crystal lattice, but you can separate the different salts dissolved in the seawater just by doing nothing then collecting the magnesium sulfate crystals before the more soluble sodium chloride begins to crystalise.

Spontaneous ordering and sorting.  No intelligence required.

Stuart

how do you consider this at all random are you aware that Magnesium ions are essential to all living cells?

This fact demonstrates that what appears to be random actually is not if it were random you would not get the same results over and over

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 13 2010,17:54)

BD

Stuart

Leave seawater, a random mixture of sodium ions, chloride ions, magnesium ions, sulfate ions and others in water, to evaporate and you get crystals of magnesium sulfate.  So not only do randomly arranged particles adopt the regular ordered array of a crystal lattice, but you can separate the different salts dissolved in the seawater just by doing nothing then collecting the magnesium sulfate crystals before the more soluble sodium chloride begins to crystalise.

Stuart

how do you consider this at all random are you aware that Magnesium ions are essential to all living cells?

This fact demonstrates that what appears to be random actually is not if it were random you would not get the same results over and over

You're not very bright, are you BD.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 13 2010,17:59)

BD

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Insults without proving someone wrong or even disputing what's being said is a sign of insufficient capacity to prove your point.

So what have I said that you disagree with is Magnesium essential to all living cells or not?

But the larger point was if you can predict it then it is a rule, right?

You have shown how I can get sodium chloride or Magnesium crystals in other words you admit there is a method.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 13 2010,21:08)

BD

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Insults without proving someone wrong or even disputing what's being said is a sign of insufficient capacity to prove your point.

So what have I said that you disagree with is Magnesium essential to all living cells or not?

You  have shown how I can get sodium chloride or Magnesium crystals in other words you admit there is a method.

You are known the world over for changing the question when it becomes obvious that you were abjectly wrong about your claim.

Let me know when you feel honest enough to address the points I made.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 13 2010,21:21)

BD

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

You  have shown how I can get sodium chloride or Magnesium crystals in other words you admit there is a method.

You are known the world over for changing the question when it becomes obvious that you were abjectly wrong about your claim.

Stuart

Your points were not good ones at all it was almost like saying H20 is random or that any seemingly random collection of elements such as the chemistry of the human body in other words you take the word Complexity and assign it as random because of your lack of understanding a process

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 14 2010,01:23)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 13 2010,21:21)

BD

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Your points were not good ones at all it was almost like saying H20 is random or that any seemingly random collection of elements such as the chemistry of the human body in other words you take the word Complexity and assign it as random because of your lack of understanding a process

I can understand those processes a great deal better than you can write English. What on earth does that sentence mean?

I did ask you to get back to me when you could address the points I made in relation to your claim.

Looks like your honestly level is not quite there yet.

Stuart

snowflakes

Stu
    Participant

Exactly.

Stuart

no two are ever the quite the same

Stu
    Participant

But every one has the appearance of being uniquely designed even though they all form spontaneously with no design at all.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 14 2010,22:20)
    But every one has the appearance of being uniquely designed even though they all form spontaneously with no design at all.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Job 38:22-24: Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of
    the hail, which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
    By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account