The Manuscripts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is where we should be working harder.
    The versions of the gospel were only written once… then copied.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..I read on another site they have around six hundred copies of the same Greek text and not one is word for word, even in the Geek language. In the book Misquoting Jesus, Mills a very well Known Critical Scholar said He found over as i remember 30,000 errors in our present texts. Granted most were small grammatical errors, but there were many major errors also. I believe it takes GOD's Spirit to understand scripture accurately. Our texts have been seriously compromised. Maybe GOD allowed this for His purposes and to have us seek Him through the SPIRIT>

peace ……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Fostering doubts about scripture is not the way of Christ
    Test the spirits and abide in the teachings rather than in our intellect.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,04:35)
    GB,
    Fostering doubts about scripture is not the way of Christ
    Test the spirits and abide in the teachings rather than in our intellect.

That is good advice. I also found cross-interpetation, meaning to see if there is another Scripture that is like it. Like Col. 1:15 Here Jesus is called the firstborn over all creation.  
    verse 16 Shows us that He was the one that created all

verse 17 And He is before all things , and in Him all things consist.

In Rev. 3:14 …..the Beginning of the creation of God.
    So here we have more then one scripture saying practical the same thing.
    That is one way to test the scriptures.

Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 23 2008,04:23)
    Nick……..I read on another site they have around six hundred copies of the same Greek text and not one is word for word, even in the Geek language.  In the book Misquoting Jesus, Mills a very well Known Critical Scholar said He found over as i remember 30,000 errors in our present texts. Granted most were small grammatical errors, but there were many major errors also. I believe it takes GOD's Spirit to understand scripture accurately. Our texts have been seriously compromised. Maybe GOD allowed this for His purposes and to have us seek Him through the SPIRIT>

peace ……………………….gene

Figures.

Sure, we need the “Spirit” to guide. Ya, right.

The “Spirit” guides you, Nick, me, Jodi, Irene, Tim, Keith and other believer's. Guides us where? Into the ditch?

This “guiding” business is all in our heads.

Not3in1
    Participant

I'll tell ya what I'm going to do – I'm gonna become Catholic or a JW. I'm gonna sit in the congregation and just take whatever they say as the gospel. Because it's just as good as any other gospel being offered out there.

I'm not going to fight or debate it any longer. I'm just going to accept it. God will judge me regardless….. whoever “God” is.

Thanks to all, and much love to everyone for helping me these past couple of years!
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Lonliness is a strong influence on the heart when you set out to follow Jesus but it is an illusion when you are among the family of God.

Heb12
    1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,07:07)
    I'll tell ya what I'm going to do – I'm gonna become Catholic or a JW. I'm gonna sit in the congregation and just take whatever they say as the gospel. Because it's just as good as any other gospel being offered out there.

I'm not going to fight or debate it any longer. I'm just going to accept it. God will judge me regardless….. whoever “God” is.

Thanks to all, and much love to everyone for helping me these past couple of years!
    Mandy

Mandy,

I sense your pain. I think in a way you are right – you need a break.

I dunnno maybe you are fighting/debating too hard and need to relax.

To me there is a simplicity that is revealed in scripture then complexity added on a lot of levels. It seems to me that if you only look at one part without putting it into the entire plan of God you will get a warped doctrine – like everlasting torment of unbelievers (many unbelievers are not evil people, they can be good people doing good deeds – and conversely a lot of evil deeds have been commited in the name of God and Christ)

When I feel that things are going round in circles and I feel I am not getting anything out of an interaction I will back off and remember that it is what you do with what you have been given that matters – it is about judgement for evil deeds, and Gods mercy to his creation.

To those who show mercy, mercy will be shown. I believe that is on a national, religious and personal level – I believe that judgement is coming and it will be on national, religious and personal levels.

There are false teachers and many different “spirits” its obvious with all the different sects and beliefs. I believe that we need to hold onto all that is right and good – on a personal, religious, and national level as the wrath of God is displayed against unrighteousness.

NickHassan
    Participant

For AA

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 24 2008,06:23)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,07:07)
    I'll tell ya what I'm going to do – I'm gonna become Catholic or a JW.  I'm gonna sit in the congregation and just take whatever they say as the gospel.  Because it's just as good as any other gospel being offered out there.

I'm not going to fight or debate it any longer.  I'm just going to accept it.  God will judge me regardless…..  whoever “God” is.

Mandy

Mandy,

I sense your pain. I think in a way you are right – you need a break.  

I dunnno maybe you are fighting/debating too hard and need to relax.

To me there is a simplicity that is revealed in scripture then complexity added on a lot of levels. It seems to me that if you only look at one part without putting it into the entire plan of God you will get a warped doctrine – like everlasting torment of unbelievers (many unbelievers are not evil people, they can be good people doing good deeds – and conversely a lot of evil deeds have been commited in the name of God and Christ)  

When I feel that things are going round in circles and I feel I am not getting anything out of an interaction I will back off and remember that it is what you do with what you have been given that matters – it is about judgement for evil deeds, and Gods mercy to his creation.

To those who show mercy, mercy will be shown. I believe that is on a national, religious and personal level – I believe that judgement is coming and it will be on national, religious and personal levels.

There are false teachers and many different “spirits”  its obvious with all the different sects and beliefs. I believe that we need to hold onto all that is right and good – on a personal, religious, and national level as the wrath of God is displayed against unrighteousness.

Ms.Mandy: May I ask you:
    When you say God will judge you…If you have accepted the finished work of Jesus who took away your sin then you have now been judged as sinless,correct?Through Jesus you are the righteousness of God. You have been made perfect, whole complete, clean and spotless. That is your judgement if you believe in the finished work of Jesus. You are now at peace with God.
    Faith cleanses us not good works or bad works.We are not being judged by works!
    If there is a wrath of God it is not being poured out on the believers in Jesus Christ. He paid for your purification if you will accept it.You are perfected in Christ. Blessings of Peace to you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Where does scripture say that hearing of Jesus and intellectually accepting what he did was any way of being saved?
    Demons too believe…. and tremble.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Nick: Romans 10:9 Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    The book of Roman is written to the saved so does not tell them a new way to be saved.
    They are jewish neophytes who had gone through the door but wanted to turn back, like the Galatians.
    Paul is urging them to walk in the Spirit that they had received and let that Spirit manifest that they might produce fruit unto eternal life.

God demands a return on his precious investment as Mt 25 shows.

Many have been deceived into thinking the way shown in Acts has been surpassed by a new door by a misunderstanding of Rom10

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Nick: Being saved and being born again are eternal, Biblical phraseoligy. I was saved, I am saved, I am being saved, and I will be saved. I was born again, I am born again, I am being born again, and I will be born again. These are not one time happenings they are ongoing. These are the testing of our faith. When we stand up and agree with the word of God that says we are healed and made whole, there is a guarantee from Jesus that deception,lies,un-truth,(the devil) will come to your mind to up-root the word of healing tell you lies that it isn't so, and attempt to destroy the Truth seed planted in your heart. If we can stand against the wiles/lies/deceiving thoughts of the devil then are we saved. Each time lies come to mind that say it isn't true or look at so and so, their sick, it must not work, we clothe ourselves with the word of Truth from Jesus and we are saved. Being born again or from above is again hearing and believing the spirt/words of God through Jesus. Jesus as the word of God came down (if you will) to earth. His words are Gods words and are life. This is the war we are in.Not a war against flesh and blood. A war against un-truth. Can we believe? Will we hold fast to the good news of God or submit to the idea of wrath, pain, and suffering for God. The devils children get wrath, the True child of God receives the blessings of God. Our choice! Peace and love, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    So you save yourself?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: I can do nothing of myself spiritually. If God's word says I am something then that is what I am. I didn't say that I made me whole. I said that if Jesus made me whole then I will hold fast his words and be made whole! To read what God says about you and deny that it is Truth is tantamout to blasphemy against God. God bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You must come to Jesus to find the fountain of life.
    Seek ye first the kingdom..

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: The Kingdom of God (the word) is as a man (Jesus) who sows seeds (words) in the earth (a mans heart). Some of the words take hold in shallow ground without much root. Deception and lies come immediately to steal the word of Truth from the mans heart so the words only last for a while and they are uprooted. Some words of Truth land in hard ground (a hard heart) and the deciever comes to steal and destroy those words of truth. Yet the good words(gospel) of God that are sown in a soft,receptive heart are received with joy and happiness and they take root deep in the good earthen body/mind of the man, where the storms against them cannot prevail. Some seeds planted bear some fruit for a while and then are burned by the fires of un-truth. Some seeds grow a hundredfold unto a God/Man!! If we eat the true food Jesus' flesh, and drink the true drink, his blood, then have we the fountain of life within.We become what we eat! God bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    So you only have to hear the words and not respond to or obey them?
    Like magic?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 284 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account