The Kingdom of Heaven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Regarding Gene's post above, who here thinks that Rev 3:21 points to 2 kingdom? Is there anyone here other than Gene that gets that from this scripture?

(The other two scriptures listed, I just have no idea how they relate to that idea.)

Gene, who make up these separate kingdoms? Who are they each composed of?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

The Kingdom of Israel could be called “David's Kingdom” and also “God's Kingdom” at the same time. That does not mean there were two separate Kingdoms of Israel.

You are missing the fact that the Kingdom of Jesus Christ IS the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of the Saints IS the Kingdom of God. There is only ONE Kingdom to which we aspire.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

David

the kingdom of Christ is all of creation because that is why he came to save,but the kingdom of God this refers to all including Christ

this is why it say that God his the God of gods,and Lord of lords

but of Christ it says Lord of lords and King of kings

Pierre

david
    Participant

terricca, look up the word kingdom in a dictionary. And then explain how what you said makes sense. We can't ignore the fact that words have actual meaning.

david
    Participant

For YOU know this, recognizing it for yourselves, that no fornicator or unclean person or greedy person—which means being an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of the Christ and of God.
    –ephesians 5:5

So, what does it mean, the “kingdom of the Christ and of God.” Does not this more than strongly imply that they are the same kingdom?

david
    Participant

the kingdom of Christ is all of creation because that is why he came to save,but the kingdom of God this refers to all including Christ

hmmm. Well, what is “the kingdom of the Christ and of God.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David………..Tell me this , Why does Jesus offer up the Kingdom to GOD at the end of the thousand year period then if that kingdom is already the kingdom of GOD, and why say that GOD may be all and in ALL If it were His Kingdom already then why make that statement?

Luk 1:32…….> He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33…..> And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of “his Kingdom” there shall be no end.

The reason there shall be no end becasue He will offer it up to GOD the Father at the end of the thousand year reign.

David if we follow you reasoning then Cyrus's Kingdom was also the kingdom of GOD right in fact all kingdoms are given by GOD that exist, so we can also extend you reasoning to every kingdom on this earth right.

If this be the case then why do you Preach your Kingdom message to everyone then, seeming all kingdoms are the Kingdoms of GOD.

Mat 13:41 The Son of Man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of “HIS KINGDOM” all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;.

David i understand that GOD the Father is in control of all things but He gives Power to whom soever he will and the Kingdom of Jesus and the Saints Lasts for a thousand years and they are given the Power to rule that kingdom which is the extended Kingdom of King David, and Jesus will sit on that revived throne and rule it forever. IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 31 2011,14:01)
    Gene,

The Kingdom of Israel could be called “David's Kingdom” and also “God's Kingdom” at the same time.  That does not mean there were two separate Kingdoms of Israel.

You are missing the fact that the Kingdom of Jesus Christ IS the Kingdom of God.  The Kingdom of the Saints IS the Kingdom of God.  There is only ONE Kingdom to which we aspire.

peace,
    mike

Mike………..That is right but they do have separate KINGS of those kingdoms right?. Mike GOD rules in all kingdom of this earth to establish them or tare them down He is the supreme Ruler of all kingdoms on earth or in heaven as far as that goes. IMO

peace and love………………………………….gene

david
    Participant

David………..Tell me this , Why does Jesus offer up the Kingdom to GOD at the end of the thousand year period then if that kingdom is already the kingdom of GOD, and why say that GOD may be all and in ALL If it were His Kingdom already then why make that statement?

It can said to be God's kingdom because he is over it, he set it up, he chose the rulers (one of which was Jesus Christ.) And, since God put Jesus in charge of this kingdom, it can be called the kingdom of the Christ as well.

As for why Jesus hands it over and is in charge of it until it is handed over, that would take some explaining of Revelation and I have little time, but a quick explanation. Jesus is the mediator between God and humans, because right now, humans are sinful. During the thousand year reign, mankind will come to perfection. God is “holy holy holy.” When mankind is brought to being holy (clean of sin) then there won't be quite the need for the mediator, in the middle. Jesus will hand over the kingdom, having accomplished what God asked of him–the removal of wickedness and sin. Sorry, that was an overly quick and possibly somewhat inaccurate explanation. I must go.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David………….Sorry Revelation does not Show it that way but Just the opposite Mankind will fall away Just as soon as Satan is released fro the bottomless pit. And he goes out to deceive that Nation Gog and Magog and GOD will bring Fire down from heaven and devour them . Just as it say He will. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 31 2011,23:44)
    terricca, look up the word kingdom in a dictionary.  And then explain how what you said makes sense.  We can't ignore the fact that words have actual meaning.

David

just help me to see what you mean

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike said in another thread:

Daniel 7:18
    But the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.’

Daniel 7:22
    until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

Daniel 7:27
    Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be handed over to the saints, the people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.

These scriptures show that the Kingdom not only belongs to the Father and the Son, but also to the Saints. All of them together form a compound unity that will rule over the coming Kingdom. In verse 27, it seems as though the compound unity of the Father and the Saints is called by a SINGULAR prououn, suggesting that perhaps the Saints are also a part of our Godhead. :)

from here: https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….y308955

Mike thinks that the 'Him' is the kingdom when the kingdom is a feminine word and if the kingdom would be referred to as a singular pronoun, the pronoun would either be a 'she' or and 'it' like the church is but not a 'Him' or a 'He.' This proves that Mike is trying so bad to make the saints into a part of the Godhead as gods. In the kingdom of God, the Father and Son are kings and the rest are not. The kingdom of God is a compound unity with the saints and the kings, the Father and the Son are the kings. Within that compound unity are those who are part of the head of the kingdom, the Father and the Son, and those who aren't, the saints. Maybe Mike wants to elevate the saints to be the kings in the kingdom, that may be next.

It is so easy to prove Mike wrong on this.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

What Mike was doing was shoving Kathi's “Jesus is God because Jehovah is a compound unity of the Father and the Son” nonsense back down her throat.  Nothing more.  :)

Mike doesn't believe in any “Godhead”. Mike believes the scriptures that tell us we have but one God, the Father; and that Father has a Son who is a servant OF God, a Priest OF God, the sacrificial Lamb OF God and a prophet/spokesman OF God.

Kathi, I was showing you how absurd your new theory is. I can make the same case about the saints as you try to make about Jesus. Will you go as far as calling the saints your God, Kathi? Will you also worship them?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Stay away from the compound unity thread if you are going to post a lie on purpose and mislead. You purposely posted a lie, Mike. That is against God. You admitted to lying in your post just now, but of course not in so many words.

first you said:

These scriptures show that the Kingdom not only belongs to the Father and the Son, but also to the Saints. All of them together form a compound unity that will rule over the coming Kingdom. In verse 27, it seems as though the compound unity of the Father and the Saints is called by a SINGULAR prououn, suggesting that perhaps the Saints are also a part of our Godhead.

then you said this:

Mike doesn't believe in any “Godhead”.

Mike misleads in one thread on purpose…that is deceptive.

There are a lot of compound unities. Just because something is a compound unity does not mean that they are Jehovah. Only the Father and the Son are Jehovah, not the saints. The saints aren't part of Jehovah, they are part of the kingdom of the Father and the Son, not part of the Father and the Son. The saints and the Father and Son are all one in that they are all part of the kingdom of God.

So while Mike was showing me how 'absurd' my theory as well as most other Christian's theory is, he was deceitful and made something sound like he is teaching it and then totally back pedals when he is proven wrong and says that it was not what he believes anyway.

The only thing that he showed by this, is his deceptive tactics. Sadly I have come to suspect this kind of behavior of him. Let the reader beware.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi, are you mad at me because I just showed you how easy it is, using YOUR mentality, to include others into the compound unity of Jehovah?

And look at your “rock-solid” rebuttal:  “Just because something is a compound unity does not mean that they are Jehovah.  Only the Father and the Son are Jehovah, not the saints.  The saints aren't part of Jehovah………..”

Why Kathi?  Because YOU say so? ???

I've just shown you how ridiculous your claim is.  Maybe, if I get the time, I'll go find scriptures that show Israel and Moses to be a part of the compound unity of Jehovah too.  :)

But so far, we only have the Father, Jesus, and ALL OF THE SAINTS that make up Jehovah, right?    :)

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

ego,ego,ego, is the killer

Pierre

david
    Participant

Kingdom of the heavens people. Let's keep this thread on topic.

david
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 31 2011,14:07)
    David

this is why it say that God his the God of gods,and Lord of lords

but of Christ it says Lord of lords and King of kings

Pierre

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a territory, state, people, or community ruled or reigned over by a king or queen

“The kingdom of Christ is ALL OF CREATION…”–terricca

I was just saying that checking a dictionary bears out that a kingdom is a government ruled by a king.

But you say the kingdom is all of creation. Neither the bible nor the meaning of the word best that out.

terraricca
    Participant

David

I was just saying that checking a dictionary bears out that a kingdom is a government ruled by a king.

But you say the kingdom is all of creation. Neither the bible nor the meaning of the word best that out.

REV 17:14 “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.(?)
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

Eph 5:5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Col 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

2Ti 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom,

Heb 1:8 But about the Son he says,
    “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
    and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

2Pe 1:11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ,

Christ is the son of God and so ;Jn 17:8 for the words which thou gavest me I have given unto them; and they received them, and knew of a truth that I came forth from thee, and they believed that thou didst send me.
    Jn 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine:
    Jn 17:10 and all things that are mine are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them.

so what you think ?

God is the God of Gods and Lord of lords and the son is Lord of Lords and King of kings

this shows the son below his father ,

Pierre

david
    Participant

“The kingdom of Christ is ALL OF CREATION…”–terricca

Maybe you meant that the kingdom will rule over all of creation. But the kingdom is not itself “all of creation.” None of the scriptures you listed show that the kingdom is “all of creation.” If you think any of them do show this, please explain how. It will affect all creation. But it is not all creation itself, as if to say the kingdom is the universe and everything in it.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account