The Great Whore

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Devolution
    Participant

Revelation 17:1-8 is speaking of this Whore.

I will begin at Rev 17:9

9> And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.

So the Whore is SITTING on seven mountains.
    Which can only mean that she was SITTING on all 7 mountains during their time periods.
    Otherwise it would not need mention all 7 mountains on which she sits.

So what are mountains metaphorically speaking, according to scripture?

Jeremiah 32:24
    >Behold the mounts (mountains) , they are come unto the city to take it, and the city is given into the hand of the Chaldeans, that fight against it…..etc.
    (Also see Jeremiah 33:4).

> So mounts are nations/empires/countries, which are of course made up out of peoples.

So as we saw in revelation 17: 9, this Whore has been SITTING on the 7 mountains/empires, which must mean that she was sitting on the very first mountain/empire also, otherwise she would have been described as sitting on only one or two mountains, but we find it explained that she sits/sat on seven mounts…..so……she was here all along on mount 1, 2, 3 etc..

This, as a side note, cancels out that doctrine that the whore is the Vatican/RCC. For the RCC never even existed during the time of the first mount.

But for some this is not enough. So let us seek for some more clarification concerning the mountains where the Whore SITS.

Revelation 17:15 > And he saith unto me, The Waters which thou saw, where the Whore SITS, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

> Notice that?

> Where the Whore SITS?…WATERS?

> But wasn't she SITTING on 7 mountains? That is, SITTING on solid rock?

> Now she is described as SITTING on WATERS?

>WHY?

> Well she is described as SITTING on WATERS because mountains/ nations are made up of……….peoples.

> And since peoples are designated the metaphor of WATERS as Rev 17:15 explained….

> And nations/empires are designated the metaphor of mountains as Jeremiah 32:24 reveals…

> It then becomes clear why mountains CAN also be described as WATERS…BECAUSE… nations /empires CONSIST of PEOPLES/WATERS.

> So these two metaphors go hand in hand…Mounts/waters.

> You can not have mounts without waters.

So WHO/WHAT is this Whore?

Scripture reveals….

Revelation 17:18 > And the WOMAN which thou saw is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.

> GREAT CITY…

> The woman IS a GREAT CITY !!!

So then, what Great City is this WHORE?
    As a added side note, Can it be Vatican City?
    NO.
    As shown, the Whore SAT on ALL seven mountains…

> So, can scripture tell us which “city” is this Great Whore?…
    >YES.

Revelation 17:5 > And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

So this “city” is actually a metaphor for the KINGDOMS of the world collectively…also a metaphor concerning the true spiritual POWER behind these earthly kingdoms…SATAN.

And Satan's “city” is what God calls Babylon the Great as Rev 17:5 revealed…the World and her kingdoms.

> Does scripture back this interpretation?
    > YES.

Scripture reveals:

Revelation 16:19
    And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great BABYLON came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Q: When have the cities of the earths nations all fallen together?
    A: NEVER.

Q: Who is suffering Gods WRATH here?
    A: GREAT BABYLON : the CITIES of the NATIONS….the KINGDOMS of this world under Satan….

Q: Is Babylon of antiquity still around when Christ comes?
    A: Don't be silly, of course not.

Q: And when does this WRATH take place?
    A: AFTER the 7th angel blows his trumpet…Rev 16:17

Q: And what happens when the 7th angel blows his trumpet?
    A: End of Rev 16:17…….IT IS DONE…mans rule over planet earth under Satan ENDS…

Q: So who then must be Babylon the Great?
    A: The WORLDLY kingdoms,

Q: And that Great City is?
    A: Babylon the Great as scripture given confirmed.

> So again, who really is this Whore metaphorically representing?

> It is representing Satan's worldly KINGDOMS.

It is everything Satan has to offer mankind within his earthly kingdoms…power, wealth, fame, money, drugs, sex, weapons, religions etc etc etc etc etc…

So this whore is EVERYTHING Satan has to offer mankind, religion INCLUDED in this “bargain” package.

And why is she a Whore?

Because men forsake God to “sleep/frolic/worship” this Whore so as to gain her offerings/delicacies/blessings…forsaking their God given birthrights for the whores quick fix on offer in the here and now…unwilling to wait, as Esau, with his birthright, when he forsook his birthright for a bowl of porridge…playing the whore against his God and disrespecting his birthright for instant gratification…for a mere bowl of porridge.

Thank you.

Participant

Rev 17:15And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Participant

Babalon=confusion fornication of the Word of God

Devolution
    Participant

I should clarify Revelation 16:19 in case some misunderstand which part i was concentrating on…

Revelation 16:19
    And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great BABYLON came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

This part is NOT what i was commenting on:
    > “And the great city was divided into three parts”
    > For that is concerning Israel…

I was, instead, speaking of this:
    > “and the cities of the nations fell: and great BABYLON came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath”.

Which will fulfill this:

(inserts are my comments)
    Isaiah 14:21
    Prepare slaughter for his (Satan's) children (rebellious mankind), for the iniquity (whoredoms) of their fathers , that they (rebellious mankind) do not rise (rule), nor possess the land (take control), nor fill the face of the world with cities (like as we see today, ever expanding cities/urban sprawl)….this will never ever happen again.

Thank you.

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 25 2011,13:11)
    Babalon=confusion  fornication of the Word of God

Hi 942767,

Yes Babylon is taken from Babel which means confusion etc.
    We agree.

And this confusion, like was found in Babel, in the shape of rebellion against God, is also found in abundance in one other place…a big place…the world.

That great city which provides everything to men…and religion is included in this confusion/error…

We should however recognize that religion is but ONE part of many confusions/sins on offer within Babylon the Great…

There are many many more sins/confusions to choose from, and the whore is there to provide them all…anything men desire.

Thank you.

Participant

Quote (Devolution @ Dec. 26 2011,11:42)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 25 2011,13:11)
    Babalon=confusion  fornication of the Word of God

Hi 942767,

Yes Babylon is taken from Babel which means confusion etc.
    We agree.

And this confusion, like was found in Babel, in the shape of rebellion against God, is also found in abundance in one other place…a big place…the world.

That great city which provides everything to men…and religion is included in this confusion/error…

We should however recognize that religion is but ONE part of many confusions/sins on offer within Babylon the Great…

There are many many more sins/confusions to choose from, and the whore is there to provide them all…anything men desire.

Thank you.

Islam for example?

Rev 13:11 ¶ And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon

Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi:

I do believe that the “Mother of Harlots” is the Catholic Church. She is responsible for the false doctrines that are being taught as orthodox Christianity.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 26 2011,12:39)
    Hi:

I do believe that the “Mother of Harlots” is the Catholic Church.  She is responsible for the false doctrines that are being taught as orthodox Christianity.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Though we may disagree on this Harlot, i do understand why you would believe this…

And that is okay… :)

thank you for your input…

Love in Christ,
    Wayne.

terraricca
    Participant

I start to believe that the harlot is Satan,and the beast on what she sits his all his visible organization ,including religions,gorvernments,all of it.
    And all to who ad followed him will soon understand what happen and will tear her down and she be left naked so no mor hiding in full knowledge of all who can see this will also bring things to an end,see all the ones in those organization have the mark,of that beast,any kingdom divided will destroy it self,

There however is one more battle to fight and that takes place after the 1000 years and at the end of that little time given by God to test the very last recruits from the second resurrection or all of those that did not come from the first resurrection I mean,

Pierre

journey42
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 26 2011,12:39)
    Hi:

I do believe that the “Mother of Harlots” is the Catholic Church.  She is responsible for the false doctrines that are being taught as orthodox Christianity.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

The catholic church is ONE of the daughters of the harlot.

The harlot has so many daughters….buda, krishna, hindu, mormon, catholic, church of England….wicca, satanists, and even many other christian religions…..so, you choose which one you like, take your pick. which one suits your lifestyle, your taste……Heh, you can even worship the universe if you don't like any of these, or you can pray to the stars, or the sun, or the moon, or even your'e dead great great great grandfather, or a rock, or a piece of land where your ancestors were buried….or you can even worship money, that's another God close to your heart

….get my drift!

This harlot has been here since the beginning, not just the end, but she has been here the whole way through, even way before the catholic religion started. This harlot produces daughters…many daughters and her daughters are all the false beliefs that she makes the world drunk with. This woman resides in Babylon, and she is a whore because she tempts the world to commit adultery against God.

The true disciple of the Lord is a loner, rejected even by other christian denominations, pushed in a corner, not allowed to teach, not allowed to touch the flock, not allowed to lead them to the lamb and guide them out of the prison.

Not allowed by who? not allowed by those holding them captive.

but to this day there are some captives who are hungry for truth, and the lamb will send his labourers to visit them in prison, to feed them, and give them drink, to make them well, they will take in the strangers and lead them to running waters, not stagnant muddy waters or pools of water, but flowing waters.

So no, the harlot is not the catholic church, for the harlot is mother of them all, and the catholic church is one of her daughters. The catholic church was not here in the beginning, and even though she was great, her numbers are dwindling even today, as there are so many other daughters for the world to choose from.

Peace to you. I hope you can see this.
    Georgie

ftk
    Participant

FOR ALL FROM JESUS:.

.ALL PROPHECY WAS FULFILLED AT THE BEGINNING OF JOHN THE BAPTIST…..ALL WAS FULFILLED THAT WAS SPOKEN ABOUT THE NEW KINDGOM OF GOD…..Luke16:16…the Law and the Prophets were until John the Baptist….since then is the Kingdom of God preached!!

…..Luke24:43….ALL THINGS MUST BE FULFILLED WHICH WERE WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES AND IN THE PROPHETS, AND IN THE PSALMS, CONCERNING JESUS!….

…MARK1:15….TIME IS FULFILLED, THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND….

JOHN 5:39….SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES FOR IN THEM YOU THINK YOU FIND ETERNAL LIFE AND THEY ARE THEY WHICH TESTIFY OF ME…..

…LUKE17:20….THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMMETH NOT WITH OBSERVATION (YOU WON'T SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD COME)….NEITHER SAY(DON'T SAY) LOOK HERE, OR LOOK THERE!……FOR, BEHOLD THE KINGDOM OF GOD….IS WITHIN YOU….[this was spoken from Jesus]…..

Jesus said at Matt.12:28…If I cast out devils…deceivers thoughts….deceptive thinking about sin….THEN THE KINDGOM OF GOD IS COME UNTO YOU….!

MATT.3:2….CHANGE YOUR THINKING(repent) THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND….[2000 YEARS AGO]…!

Wake up people. Jesus finished it all. The Kingdom is established in every believer. Its all here now! Anything you put off into the future will be future….you will never experience the future while living in the now!! What God has done is for all who believe and it is for NOW!!

THY KINGDOM COME….THY WILL/WORD BE DONE….IN EARTH[earthen human bodies] AS(at the same time as)IT IS DONE IN HEAVEN/SPIRIT! THE SPIRIT OF GOD COMES TO EACH ONE WHO HEARS, ACCEPTS AND BELIEVES THE SPIRIT WORDS OF CHRIST!! TK!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 26 2011,11:12)
    I start to believe that the harlot is Satan,and the beast on what she sits his all his visible organization ,including religions,gorvernments,all of it.
    And all to who ad followed him will soon understand what happen and will tear her down and she be left naked so no mor hiding in full knowledge of all who can see this will also bring things to an end,see all the ones in those organization have the mark,of that beast,any kingdom divided will destroy it self,

There however is one more battle to fight and that takes place after the 1000 years and at the end of that little time given by God to test the very last recruits from the second resurrection or all of those that did not come from the first resurrection I mean,

Pierre

devo

Revelation 17:18 > And the WOMAN which thou saw is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.

> GREAT CITY…

NO.

>YES.

Revelation 17:5 > And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

So this “city” is actually a metaphor for the KINGDOMS of the world collectively…also a metaphor concerning the true spiritual POWER behind these earthly kingdoms…SATAN.

And Satan's “city” is what God calls Babylon the Great as Rev 17:5 revealed…the World and her kingdoms.

> YES.

what you have done is to take some of the scriptures to make the outcome to look like it come out of the scriptures ,but to the wisdom eyes it does not ,

journey42
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 19 2012,05:45)

Pierre

devo

> GREAT CITY…

NO.

>YES.

> YES.

what you have done is to take some of the scriptures to make the outcome to look like it come out of the scriptures ,but to the wisdom eyes it does not ,

Pierre,

It's called connecting the scriptures to see the whole big picture. That's how God gives it to all of us; a little bit here and a little bit there.

Why?
    So the wicked won't understand. This knowledge is hid from them, the enemies of Christ.
    God sees into the heart.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Dec. 19 2012,10:25)

Pierre

devo

> GREAT CITY…

NO.

>YES.

> YES.

Pierre,

It's called connecting the scriptures to see the whole big picture.    That's how God gives it to all of us;   a little bit here and a little bit there.

Why?
    So the wicked won't understand.  This knowledge is hid from them, the enemies of Christ.  
    God sees into the heart.

J42

THERE IS CONNECTIONS AND THEIR ARE NO CONNECTION ,YOU CAN BELIEVE IN YOUR CONNECTIONS BUT WEN YOU PUT ALL THOSE CONNECTIONS TOGETHER AND IF IN THE END YOU ARE STILL IN THE DARK IT IS BECAUSE YOUR CONNECTIONS ARE WRONG AND SO NO LIGHT AT THE END

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 19 2012,15:29)

Pierre

devo

> GREAT CITY…

NO.

>YES.

> YES.

Pierre,

It's called connecting the scriptures to see the whole big picture.    That's how God gives it to all of us;   a little bit here and a little bit there.

Why?
    So the wicked won't understand.  This knowledge is hid from them, the enemies of Christ.  
    God sees into the heart.

J42

THERE IS CONNECTIONS AND THEIR ARE NO CONNECTION ,YOU CAN BELIEVE IN YOUR CONNECTIONS BUT WEN YOU PUT ALL THOSE CONNECTIONS TOGETHER AND IF IN THE END YOU ARE STILL IN THE DARK IT IS BECAUSE YOUR CONNECTIONS ARE WRONG AND SO NO LIGHT AT THE END

Terra.

If I connect these words together.

You/

non/

sense/

talking/

It comes out LIKE this:YOU TALKING NONSENSE.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 19 2012,19:06)

Pierre

devo

> GREAT CITY…

NO.

>YES.

> YES.

Pierre,

Why?
    God sees into the heart.

J42

Terra.

You/

non/

sense/

talking/

no your image is not correct ;

it is like this ;

you /= wakeup

non/= will come later

sense/ = some thing intelligent

talking/ = communication

It comes out LIKE this: WAKEUP TALKING NONSENSE BUT IN REALITY ALL OF THIS IS A MAKE UP GAME WHAT TELLS MORE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL PERSON THAT YOU CAN IMAGIN

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 21 2012,00:45)

Pierre

devo

> GREAT CITY…

NO.

>YES.

> YES.

Pierre,

Why?
    God sees into the heart.

J42

Terra.

You/

non/

sense/

talking/

it is like this ;

you /= wakeup

non/= will come later

talking/ = communication  

It comes out LIKE this: WAKEUP TALKING NONSENSE BUT IN REALITY ALL OF THIS IS A MAKE UP GAME WHAT TELLS MORE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL PERSON THAT YOU CAN IMAGIN

Are you suffering from dyslexia?

if you put( i )and (am) together it will look like this.
    *I AM.* YOU GET A SENTENCE: IF YOU PUT THE PROPHESIES TOGETHER YOU WILL GET THIS: A….BIG……PICTURE.

IF YOU DONT BOTHER PUTTING IT TOGETHER,THIS IS WHAT YOU GET: ——–JUST WORDS,AND A NICE BOOK TO CARRY UNDER YOUR ARM WHEN YOU GO TO CHURCH.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 20 2012,22:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 21 2012,00:45)

Pierre

devo

> GREAT CITY…

NO.

>YES.

> YES.

Pierre,

Why?
    God sees into the heart.

J42

Terra.

You/

non/

sense/

talking/

it is like this ;

you /= wakeup

non/= will come later

talking/ = communication  

Are you suffering from dyslexia?

if you put( i )and (am) together it will look like this.
    *I AM.* YOU GET A SENTENCE:  IF YOU PUT THE PROPHESIES TOGETHER YOU WILL GET THIS: A….BIG……PICTURE.

IF YOU DONT BOTHER PUTTING IT TOGETHER,THIS IS WHAT YOU GET: ——–JUST WORDS,AND A NICE BOOK TO CARRY UNDER YOUR ARM WHEN YOU GO TO CHURCH.

wakeup.

to put things together you first have to understand them ,right ???yes

and tell me how do you get that understanding ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Terra.

It is called deviding or decerning scriptures.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 21 2012,02:21)
    Terra.

It is called deviding or decerning scriptures.

wakeup.

yeah,but first you have to believe in the truth of Gods word ,if not you are just an inventor of stories

I have ask many questions in different topic and yet wait for answers ,anyone with scriptural discerning skills would have answer my questions, you did not

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account