The great apostasy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

When you truly seek the truth as some do here, then the devil sends all manor of people to try and divert you from that course.

So far I have heard the following:

• You must believe the KJV is the only valid translation.
  • You must read a bible that uses the Hebrew name for God.
  • You must use the Hebrew words for God and Jesus, otherwise you are using filty pagan terms.
  • You must believe the Trinity doctrine.
  • You must be a member of ***** church.
  • You must believe that Jesus is God or die in your sins.
  • You must say the sinners prayer to be saved.

What next:

• You must wear black clothes and wierd hats.
  • You must wait for the next comet, in order to hitch a ride with an angelic spaceship to avoid earthly destruction.

Looks to me like the apostacy is chugging along quite nicely.

I heard someone once say: “Christians tend to divide over variables while ignoring the absolutes”.

If it is not a foundational doctrine, then we can have an opinion and even differ. If it is foundational, then there should be no compromise.

Sultan
Participant

Quote (david @ June 28 2006,00:18)
Excellent question Sultan. If “Easter” is the proper translation, from what Greek word is it translated?
I feel strongly Sultan that you will only get silence.

Yes David I believe you're right, and the funny thing is this is the first reference, I have a dozen more. I used to be part of a group that believed the KJV was infallible, and it was pathetic because they had no respect for the original languages, and no understanding of scriptual critisim. They simply believed mans opinion and quoted it, but their arguements could not stand against truth.

Dunno
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2005,17:01)
Hi,

This discussion has arisen recently from a look at 2 Thess 2.1f and I would like to see it developed.

Apostasy is rejection of truth by those who are saved I would have thought. So this must arise within the assembly and before the false worship of the “man of perdition” and before”the day of the Lord”.

Note that he takes his seat “in the temple of God”
Is this the spiritual temple?
Is it “the beast”
Who can add?

Hi! Nick

Does not the Scripture clearly say that WE are the Temple of God?

This verse you mention (2Thess 2) deals primarily with the simultaneous on-going development of the manifestation of the sons of God and the sons of perdition. As a child of God becomes immersed in the spirit of God, so too those who follow after the evil one are inspired by the spirit of the anti-christ. The Book of Revelation is almost entirely preoccupied with this event where the sons of God and the sons of perdition ultimately engage Armageddon.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi,
This is the great falling away of the church and we are wise not to follow those who led this apostasy.

Dear t8,

As for my stand on the King James, I made my callenge to had no takers as to who's translation would stand and who's would not. I believe it is the infallible word of God and the doctrinal teaching, the gospel of Christ, is the living Word of God.

As for if one will go to hell or lose their salvation by using another translation, that has never come from me and never will. What I will say is that the further one gets from the pureness of the truth of God's Word, the sicker they become even to the point of death in many cases.

I find it interesting that you as moderator have done some things and allowed some things that I don't believe would be looked upon by the Father in heaven as straigtforward according to the faith. I will not say anymore on this matter. You know in your heart as to what was done.

Anyway, we all have to answer to God the Father for all that is said in done as to our life in this flesh. Let us all do what is righteous. Let us allow Christ to work his perfect work in us, so that we will glorify the Father who is in heaven.

NickHassan
Participant

hmmm.Who is the judge?

All that is asked is fairness in all things. That is not to much to ask. As for truthfulness, we are all guilty of sin. It is only by our becoming less of ourselves and depending on Christ do we hope to escape sin, to cease sin, but that happens only through Christ, not on our own selfs.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi H,
When we start judging we stop loving and ignore our own responsibilities given us.

Jn 21.21f
“21So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?”

22Jesus said to him, “If I want him to remain (AF)until I come, what is that to you? You (AG)follow Me!”

23Therefore this saying went out among (AH)the brethren that that disciple would not die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but only, “If I want him to remain (AI)until I come, what is that to you?”

24This is the disciple who (AJ)is testifying to these things and wrote these things, and we know that his testimony is true.”

People judge themselves by their own actions and words. It is why when put in the light, it is exposed.

As for judging Nick, list my accusations?

Proclaimer
Participant

Regarding the identity of Babylon, I don't think we know for sure who she is as it is a mystery.

Revelation 17:5
This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREATTHE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTESAND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

However there are a few strong candidates.

But even if we cannot be sure of her identity, we can know in a qualitative sense what she encompasses.

All we need to do is look at the original Babylon and we can see that she was judged for her false gods. So she seems to be the mother of false religion or at least a certain false religion.

In any case she has made the whole world drunk, and we do get our fair share of drunk people coming here and challenging the truth in scripture.

As for requarding who the mystery of Babylon is, most today would agree it is the United States just as most agree the Whore is the catholic church.

If I were to say for sure, I could say that there is nothing that can be used in scripture to prove this. Yet, there are things that are certain.

To know the truth and deny the truth is worse then to never have known the truth at all. This nation is guilty of this. It would have been better for this nation if it had never been formed. Every type of vile sin can be found in this nation. God will not have mercy on this country. Unless she repents, but if she is the mystery Babylon, she will not repent.

Since it speaks of a mystery, it is quite possible it is speaking of the U.S. since this nation was not in existance at the time of this prophecy.

Proclaimer
Participant

Yes the US is a candidate and a popular one too.

If that was the case, then are those of the USA suppose to leave ASAP.

What would happen if God says “come out of her” but you couldn't get residency in any other country?

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Robyn,
When the church allowed Emperor Constantine to become their spiritual ruler they cut themselves away from Christ.

Is it wise to follow Constantine?

I believe just as God saved the eight from the flood, he would save those who are born again from his wrath. And that may be the rapture. It could be that the rapture may have already taken place.

The thing to remember about apostasy is that those who have tasted salvation, and turned from it for the love of the flesh, yet, because they believe with their lips and not their hearts, will be left behind and I do not believe they will have a second chance once left behind. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. It is for that reason I posted Hebrews chapter six on the post of son of perdition.

Hebrews 6 KJV

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3 And this will we do, if God permit.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi H,
Listen to scripture
“1Now we request you, (A)brethren, with regard to the (B)coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Âgathering together to Him,
2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a (D)spirit or a (E)message or a (F)letter as if from us, to the effect that (G)the day of the Lord (H)has come.”

What do you want me to learn from this Nick? These people had thought they missed the coming of Jesus. They thought they missed the rapture.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi H,
You said
“It could be that the rapture may have already taken place.”

What I meant by my statement Nick is that by the time God executes judgement on this nation, the rapture may have already taken place and most likely it will be so. Sorry for not making it more understandable. Thank you for pointing that out.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi H,

Though the tares are taken up and burnt first are they not?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account