The great apostasy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

“Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.”

I don't understand where art thou in thine matter H. It seems unto thy, that thou doesn't understand that thy can't comprehend “thou's” and “thy's”.

We don't use a lot of the words in old english anymore. The Bible is meant to be understood. Yes?

David,
    The more you read a book, the more you understand it, right? The first time you ride a bike is difficult, but the more you ride it, the easier it becomes. Common sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Commonsense or the love of tradition and the fear of deception causes men to cling only to the olde worlde KJV?

Spoken like the God of this world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Judge not. Love love love.

Nick, you better have a fear of deception. Many of the very elect will be decieved in these end of days. It is happening as we speak. The falling away spoken of in Thess. is happening before our very eyes. If you do not see it, you are as decieved along with most of the world. Just as in the days of Noah, when Noah warned that water would burst from the heavens and flood the earth, men refused to believe him because they had never seen rain. It will be no different in todays world. Men will be eating and drinking all the way until the time destruction fall upon the face of the earth. The earth will be shaken and will move to and fro. The hearts of men will be filled with fear.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Yes the times of Is 24 will be difficult ones.
    But the fear of God is the only righteous fear, and the least evident among men.

Amen

david
    Participant

The more you read a book, the more you understand it, right? The first time you ride a bike is difficult, but the more you ride it, the easier it becomes. Common sense.

And in let's say a thousand years when the English language has transformed so much that we (expect for scholars in Old English) have no idea what the KJV says–what then?

david
    Participant

What of those that speak french? German? Chinese? Is there KJ's in those languages?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 09 2006,19:42)
    Until believers go and do an indepth search and follow the path of the church throughout history, how can they claim to know what is a valid translation or invalid translation. The majority of so called believers are far to slothful and it is for this reason apostasy has stolen the souls of many. How many can say the Lord has shown them how all the false religions have come about and what was the cause of it, which was the beginning of apostasy? The truth is there for all to see, but most are blinded in their own self will. I am nothing special. I am just a sinful man who knows the only good in me is my yielding to God's will. Only God is true, all men are liars.

To heiscomingintheclouds,

Where are we promised that the KJV is the perfect translation.
    Where have we been promised a perfect translation?

Why does the KJV include the 1 John 5:7 when scholars know this is an addition to scripture and do not include it in other translations.

Why do people say the KJV is the only valid bible? Is it to preserve the errors and bias in that translation? What other reason is there?

Perhaps a new discussion under 'General Questions' would be in order if you want to reply.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Oh!

There already exists a discussion there entitled “Is there an infallible bible translation?”

If we keep the KJV subject there, we won't have to repeat ourselves and it will be easier for others to find.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    Yes the great apostasy in my view was when men believed that revelation had not finished with the book of that name but that men would be shown new and deeper wisdom by which they could take an different view of God. Vanity of vanities. They insultingly reduced God to be manlike.They made God in the image of man.

t8,

Here is what I can tell you. If you want to know for sure about the KJ, you have to go to the source. And the source is God. Don't take anyone's word for it. If you seek God with a sincere heart, he will show you. When I needed to find a church, like a man, I tried to do it myself. I looked and looked and looked. Finally I understood. If I want to find where he wanted me to fellowship, I am going to have to let him show me. When we get in the road, we mess things up. Once I got my self will put back in my pocket, the Lord sent a messenger to me and led me to where he wanted me to fellowship and I have been going there ever since. If you want to know which bible is the true translation, pray and fast. Not just one day. Even if it takes a year. If you do so with a sincere heart in faith, the Lord will answer and show you and you will know beyond all doubt as I know. Faith moves mountains.

As for when the apostasy started, it started when the word of God became corrupted by men. Apostasy has been occuring for centuries.
    The sign of apostasy was why the church was no longer in one accord.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    No. Nothing to do with the old KJV. I think it started with the intrusion of human wisdom into the sacred realm of the spiritual. And the adultery with Rome. Men still had the original documents back then and had already lost respect for them.

Apostasy was the result of the corruption of God's word. This resulted in many bible translations which in turn resulted in all the many diverse religions. What a clever plan by the enemy to steal the souls of men. Confusion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    And Who wrote the Word? And if men had known the Spirit would they have walked off the path of truth?
    If men have the Spirit they can discern and distill the essence of truth from any translation.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 15 2006,18:28)
    Apostasy was the result of the corruption of God's word. This resulted in many bible translations which in turn resulted in all the many diverse religions. What a clever plan by the enemy to steal the souls of men. Confusion.

Hi heiscomingintheclouds,

Where is the proof that the KJV is the only uncorrupted translation?
    I can point out errors in the KJV. Like other translations it is not perfect.

I cannot imagine that God allowed one perfect translation while all others are corrupt. Worse still, this translation has only been around the latter part of the church age. Your KJV teaching has no substance to it in my opinion. I have heard others say the same thing. Coincedence or not, two denominations I know of that taught KJV only were really dodgy. One made the news in NZ as their leader was jailed for sexual misconduct and the other one I know of were like an exclusive denomination that saw everyone else as deceived. So they were supposedly the only ones who were in the truth.

I am suspicious of those who promote this teaching. It seems to me to be another unnecessary cause for division.

Nick, if you and I shared the same spirit, we would not be be in disagreement on salvation. So if you do not agree with me on the milk of the word, you won't agree with me on the meat of the word. And if you don't agree in word, mine being Christ Jesus, the Word, then we share not the same spirit.

Dear t8,

You are asking me. Ask God. Who better to ask about his word then the true author. If you truly go to God with a sincere heart he will answer you. This is the entire problem. Men following men. Follow God. Everything in my life has come by one of two ways. My way or God's way. I was married prior to my wife now. I married for all the wrong reasons. She was beautiful and appealing to the flesh. I did love her. Before I got married, I was trying different churches, trying to find one I thought God wanted me to be in. And even after I got married, I continued to search without any success. Finally I gave up and said Lord, you will just have to send someone to me to lead me to where you want me to go and he did. That is what he was wanting for. For me to get out of the road and let him show me. We are our biggest roadblocks to God. Anyway, my wife and I started attending this church, recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and got baptized by water. My faith grew by leaps and bounds. And then it happened. My wife wanted a child and was not having much success so she went to the alter and had hands laid on her and a month later concieved. The problems started with her not going to church because her being with child. This is understandable.
    Yet, the real problems started once she gave birth. I found out later that she wanted to have a baby because that is what I wanted. Once he was born, she wanted to start going out with her girlfriends and she did, leaving me home with my son. Then she got into drugs. It got very ugly. I was shaken to my soul. My faith was so strong and yet it could not save my marriage. For years I wondered why and not until recently did the Lord tell me why. He told me that she was my selection, not his. Talk about hitting home. Anyway, having a personal relationship with God is how you find things our beyond all doubt. So many believe they do know God, but do not. The proof is in the pudding.

You claim the KJ has all these mistakes. This is your opinion. Just like the word easter. Was it not you who said it should not have been in the KJ if I am not mistaken? If I am wrong, forgive me. Anyway, think about what I said. Pray and fast about it. Go somewhere on a nice day while fasting whether by day or by night away from everything. Just you and God. Seek his face.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account