The great apostasy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 06 2006,01:57)
    Yet what is is that discerns the spirits of men, if not the word of God?

Hi,
    The Word of God was written by the Spirit through men. Men can also have the Spirit of God living within them. Men need the Spirit to see the kingdom but need the Word to check the Spirit.
    Do not make your God too small. The Spirit of God is not able to be encased in one version written in olde worlde english, based on a certain set of manuscripts, chosen by men and interpreted by men. That overvalues the work of men and undervalues the Words of God.

In the beginning was the Word

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi h,
    And the Word who was with God, was the Son of God who became flesh and dwelt among us. And his flesh was real food and those who abide in his Word feed on the Words from the mouth of God. And men wrote down the Word from him and his disciples in him in various languages and in slightly different formats and these were sent all around the world. They were collected and assembled by natural men who chose certain manuscripts for different reasons to collate and translate them, as honestly as they were able, into bibles.
    One version was the KJV.

Dear Nick,

Matt. 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

The first verse says it all Nick, every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Then you read the following verses and our Lord says, it is written, it is written, it is written. I would say that is very important.

Nick, everything in the physical world was spoken into existance. Everything is controlled by words. Confession unto repentance is made with the fruit of the lips by words. Brother, Jesus is the Word of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Yes and if you read my post you will find we agree.
    But those who would corral truth into one version show their deafness to the Spirit and their blindness to the Light of that Spirit that reflects in the Word.
    Yes the kjv is one of those forms of the written Word but I find it one of the least useful and the most favoured by legalistic cults.

It is the importance of words why I believe that God would not have his words spread out, but to the point. Look at the early church. They were in one accord. Their doctrine was the same in all churches. What changed was the words. Once the words started becoming corrupted, the church started to change. It is for this reason you have all the different and diverse religions. Each with their own bible translation and their own dogma.

Think about this. With the KJ came maybe five interpretations causing five churches. Then comes along another translation creationing more interpretations and more churches founded on their interpretations and this continues with each new translation. Don't you think this sounds like the perfect attack by the enemy?

One of the largest enemies to the faith has always been Rome. Although Rome was toppled, she continued behind the scenes under the disquise of the Catholic Church. Yet, God's word survived. Even through the inquistions, God's word survived. I am not speaking of God's word according to the Catholic Church, I am speaking of all the underground hand writs that were concealed from the RCC. I have studied long and hard and there is no doubt in my heart that God put the notion into the king of England to translate a bible. And I thank God for his man Tindale, who died, that we could all have a bible.

He said, “I vow to make the boy who drives the plow in England to know more of the scriptures than the Pope does.”

His dying words…”Lord, open the eyes of the King of England.”

I have a hard to believing you say have such a wonderful relationship with God and that you cannot see there error of using all the many translations. Just as I believe there is one God, I believe there is one true translation.

With your understanding of God's word, I cannot doubt you as a brother, for your understanding surpasses most and I thank God he has led me to you. Yet, just as Peter and Paul did not see all things eye to eye, we will have to agree to disagree on this point.

Can I ask what Church you go to. I am non denominational and we stand on the KJ bible. You can call me a KJ onlyist.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The unity that the body of Christ shares is the unity of the Spirit. It is the Spirit that gives life to the Body with the head already in heaven and the rest of the body doing his work on earth. The branches serve the vine.
    I discovered the bible when in the Catholic Church and my study of it led me to Christ which led me out of the whore. Then I went to many churches but the Spirit kept jarring within me as to their teachings too until I realised they were daughters of the whore who differ only in superficial matters.

I use many bible versions but for teaching I find NASB most consistent but with faults too. Many times I will refer to other versions, including kjv, to clarify a matter from another perspective.

Brother, here is the problem with your line of thinking. We are men and we are sinners. If we get away from the word of God and depend on the spirit, being men, we will corrupt.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    That is why we should not depend only on the Word too because onlyThe Spirit opens the pages for us. We need both the map and the lamp to be sure of the path lest we follow blind men into pits.

On this we are in one accord. I really enjoy talking with a brother who is mature in the faith. Often times it is so difficult to try and help those on the milk of the word because the Holy Spirit has yet opened their hearts to understanding, but the seeds do get planted. I love you brother.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Be encouraged.

Woutlaw
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 07 2006,00:18)
    Hi,
    The unity that the body of Christ shares is the unity of the Spirit. It is the Spirit that gives life to the Body with the head already in heaven and the rest of the body doing his work on earth. The branches serve the vine.
    I discovered the bible when in the Catholic Church and my study of it led me to Christ which led me out of the whore. Then I went to many churches but the Spirit kept jarring within me as to their teachings too until I realised they were daughters of the whore who differ only in superficial matters.

I use many bible versions but for teaching I find NASB most consistent but with faults too. Many times I will refer to other versions, including kjv, to clarify a matter from another perspective.

True indeed Nick,

There are many translational errors with the KJV. As well as biases that were injected by the translators. In fact I haven't found a perfect translation yet.

And what are you basing your assumptions on?

Until believers go and do an indepth search and follow the path of the church throughout history, how can they claim to know what is a valid translation or invalid translation. The majority of so called believers are far to slothful and it is for this reason apostasy has stolen the souls of many. How many can say the Lord has shown them how all the false religions have come about and what was the cause of it, which was the beginning of apostasy? The truth is there for all to see, but most are blinded in their own self will. I am nothing special. I am just a sinful man who knows the only good in me is my yielding to God's will. Only God is true, all men are liars.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So translators too are liars?

All men are liars.

NickHassan
    Participant

Thank you

If it is in God's word, I believe it. And you are welcome. That is why God sent his son, to do what we could not do. Be completely obedient to God and live a life without sin. Thank you Lord Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    If the KJV is the “only” source of wisdom and knowledge what do we know of the godly appointed men of the Spirit they must have been filled with the Spirit of God if you are correct? What do you know of their fruit for we were told to look at the fruit? Were they liars like ordinary men as you have said or were they fountains of truth only?

Dear Nick,

The translators of the KJ had one motive or purpose. They wanted to duplicate or translate and do so without changing God's will or meaning. They were not inspiring new doctrine. They were coping basically. Period.

As for scripture in gereral being inspired by the Holy Spirit through men, all men are sinners. Yet, is the inspiration in the man which is the Holy Spirit, of sin? NO. It is how the scriptures came to be, by the unction of the Holy Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account