The gospel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 08 2009,01:09)

Aren't you guys – old guys?
    Aren't you old enough, and mature enough in the Lord to be beyond this bickering you do, and this one-upping thing you do?

Mandy,

Thank you for that effort even if it is ignored. Amazing how we justify our un-christlikeness!

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. (Mt.7:16-20)

Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. Jam.3:10-17

But wisdom is proved right by her actions.” Mt.11:19

Again, thanks for the effort. I, for one, took it to heart. We all need, “a check up from the neck up” from time to time!

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    Should you not seek first the kingdom if you have yet to fully obey the commands of Jesus?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………you left out the Kingdom (OF GOD) and HIS (GOD”S) righteousness. , Again where is GOD in you discourse. Interesting! Why do you so conveniently leave the FATHER out All the time. Jesus' Work was about the FATHER not about HIMSELF.

peace……………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Your idolatry accusations do you no favours.
    But all should seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness and it is found in His Son.

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2009,10:51)
    Should you not seek first the kingdom if you have yet to fully obey the commands of Jesus?

First before what? My faith response, compelled by the love of Christ and my love for Him, caused me to be obedient to my Lord.

Did you mean to infer something by your “if” that I am to take personally?

Aren't you guys – old guys?
    Aren't you old enough, and mature enough in the Lord to be beyond this bickering you do, and this one-upping thing you do?

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    Should we soften the message to indulge the lost?
    Should we scold the messengers of truth for their unkindness?

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2009,15:01)

Nick wrote –

Who are the lost you feel you would be indulging? Kindness and understanding go a long way to making the message more receivable. Thus we have the attitude of Paul –

1CO 9:19-23 Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

The message, NO. The messenger – MOST DEFINATELY!

Then you ask –

You, the Bible scholar, ask this? Would you scold your children for correcting your wife with truth if they did it in an
    unkind way?

GAL 5:22-26 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Phiip.4:5

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Col.4:6

And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 2Tim.2:24

Let your gentleness be evident to all. Philip.4:5

Yes we should scold the messenger for unkindness! Unkindness is not in the spirit of our Lord!! It is being disobedient to Jesus!!! It causes people to reject the message of truth!!!!

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    The wrath of God is not the fate men should risk.
    Pulling some out of the fire is possible.

But not all will obey the command to get in the lifeboat.

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2009,16:49)

Nick,

Your questions were –

You have my answers.

What kind of inane response is this, The wrath of God is not the fate men should risk. Pulling some out of the fire is possible.But not all will obey the command to get in the lifeboat.

Again, your original questions:

1)

And my response condensed:

2)

Response:Yes we should scold the messenger for unkindness! Unkindness is not in the spirit of our Lord!! It is being disobedient to Jesus!!! It causes people to reject the message of truth!!!!

You are risking the wrath of God with unkind delivery of truth!
    The lifeboat is waiting.

Nick, sorry to say, communicating with you is an excercise in futility. I shall not trouble myself further!!

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the command was to take the gospel to all nations.
    Sadly other gospels and other Jesus's and other teachers have planted their weeds first.
    The Word of God does not do well where weeds are well established but where the soil is first cleansed.

mt3
    2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    12Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 09 2009,13:39)

nick wrote:

[/quote]
    Nick,

Your questions were –

You have my answers.

What kind of inane response is this, The wrath of God is not the fate men should risk. Pulling some out of the fire is possible.But not all will obey the command to get in the lifeboat.

Again, your original questions:

1)

And my response condensed:

2)

Response:Yes we should scold the messenger for unkindness! Unkindness is not in the spirit of our Lord!! It is being disobedient to Jesus!!! It causes people to reject the message of truth!!!!

You are risking the wrath of God with unkind delivery of truth!
    The lifeboat is waiting.

Nick, sorry to say, communicating with you is an excercise in futility. I shall not trouble myself further!!

Seeking

Seeking

I agree totally with all that you have said ………..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    False teachers drew the harshest responses from the Master.

Matthew 23:33
    `Serpents! brood of vipers! how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna?

Matthew 12:34
    `Brood of vipers! how are ye able to speak good things — being evil? for out of the abundance of the heart doth the mouth speak.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

HI………Not all who come to me and say (Lord Lord) will inter in the Kingdom of God , but He who (DOES ) the WILL of GOD, and again Many will come (IN MY NAME) saying in YOUR NAME we did all these works. But they never understood it wasn't about Jesus it was about the FATHER. And again many will come and say I am and decieve Many, So Preaching Jesus they will deceive many. These are the false teachers and preaches , making it all about Jesus never understanding it is Not about Jesus but the FATHER.

Peace to all………………….gene

david
    Participant

Gene, I get so confused by your comments, where you start quoting a scripture, sort of and then just drift into your own thoughts. Why not use the bold, or italics or even quotation marks to set the scripture aside. People tend to respect God's word more than man's thoughts. Why not use that to your advantage?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 09 2009,14:46)
    Gene, I get so confused by your comments, where you start quoting a scripture, sort of and then just drift into your own thoughts.  Why not use the bold, or italics or even quotation marks to set the scripture aside.  People tend to respect God's word more than man's thoughts.  Why not use that to your advantage?

I actually like Gene's style. I already know the scriptures that he is talking about. I don't need him to bold them out and list them!! In fact, I tend to not read through long posts where people do that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Preaching the gospel does not make us many friends.
    Galatians 4:16
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is really a meeting place for those of the world little different to Paul's visit to Athens.
    But the gospel of salvation through Jesus as preached by Peter at pentecost still reverberates here.
    It would be sad if those who come would not take the opportunity to respond to God's call as the door is yet open.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……….Jesus said (NO) man (CAN) come unto me unless the FATHER (DRAW) HIM. Salvation is a work of GOD the FATHER who (DRAWS) us to Jesus the DOOR. Jesus will in (NO) wise reject any The FATHER delivers to HIM, no matter what they know or not know. “FOR you shall (ALL) be taught (BY) GOD”. GOD'S Hands are not weak that He can not save us, changing our minds and Hearts and cleans us from (ALL) unrighteousness. TRUE (Faith) in The ONE and ONLY TRUE FATHER who is GOD and Jesus The Anointed is the Key, to our salvation. If you have truly believed and recieved the HOLY SPIRIT into you YOU WILL BE SAVED, even if it is through Great Tribulation. “for the gifts of GOD are without revocation”. What the Father set out to do He accomplishes. Honor and Glory to his name now and forever.  IMO

peace and love to you all……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Between the drawing and the accepting there is a decision for a man to make.
    Then each day another decision to walk in God's ways and abide in the truth of scripture.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account