The gospel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    This “new age nonsense” you refer to, it must be your “One eternal gospel for all”, the heretical, non-biblical, false teaching, by NH. that is taught by you!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    In another thread you wrote
    “First, the Scriptures clearly teach that the Gospel evolved. I have already given you a statement by Paul where he said that HIS gospel was NOW being revealed. He said that it was kept secret before the foundation of the age. So what does “Now being revealed” and “kept secret before the foundation of the age” mean if the gospel did not evolve? (Romans 16:25-26).There are many more such statements by Paul.”

Rom16
    24The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

25Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

So the gospel entrusted to Paul is of the teaching of Jesus Christ is of the revelation of the Kingdom of God. No new gospel.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

So the gospel entrusted to Paul is of the teaching of Jesus Christ is of the revelation of the Kingdom of God. No new gospel.

Nick,
    Paul's gospel was NOT teaching of Jesus Christ. It was the revelation of Christ to him while he was in prison. The “teachings” of Jesus Christ were those “elementary” doctrines He taught His disciples while He was on earth. Those teachings were for Israel. Hebrews 6:1-2 explicitly says that those teachings were “foundational” and that they are NOW to be discarded.

Do you see it. Christ taught the foundational doctrines to His disciples. But while in prison Christ revealed the universal gospel to Paul.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    You say
    ” Hebrews 6:1-2 explicitly says that those teachings were “foundational” and that they are NOW to be discarded.”

Really?
    Heb 6
    1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
    2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
    3 And this will we do, if God permit.

I do not see any 'discarding' idea here.

Some teachings are foundational as shown in Heb 6 but who would attempt to build anything further if the foundations are discarded?

A new gospel for Paul revealed in Prison?
    I am sure you will show us the scriptures

NickHassan
    Participant

TT,
    You should not feel that all the teachings of your Lord are only for the Israelites.
    The teachings about the Law are as gentiles have never been under Law.
    Jesus came to unite Jews and gentiles as one in his body.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Jesus continued his work through his body on earth.
    Paul was a faithful servant well used of the Spirit of Christ in him.
    He went as far as to say in Galatians that he no longer lived but Christ lived in him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….aren't you the one that says Paul only talked to specific people, at least when it comes you your teaching of Salvation not for all but Just for the in crowd. So why try to make the Book of Hebrews for all then , when it title say its to the the Hebrews. You seem very inconsistent in your teachings Nick. It seem what ever fit the Gospel of Nick and the “we” is all that will work. INTERESTING!.

Nick……….Stop a minute and explain what you Just quoted, ” Paul (he) no longer lived but Christ lived in Him” please explain what that means to you brother.

Love to you and yours……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The book of hebrews is not to all.
    It is given to US

Heb 1
    1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

Some teachings are foundational as shown in Heb 6 but who would attempt to build anything further if the foundations are discarded?

Okay Nick. I will change my wording. The foundation was not “discarded” as I said. It was FINISHED.

Once a  builder has finished laying the foundation he doesn't go back to it. He builds upon it. Why do you keep making me repeat this principle?

The author to the Hebrews commanded those Jews to leave the elementary teachings of Christ and go on to “perfection”.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 27 2009,09:36)
    GB,
    20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Nick……..wrong again, Let me paraphrase it to you . I am crucified with Christos (anointing or Spirit of God) Nevertheless I live ; yet not I, but the Christos (anointing or Spirit of GOD) lives in me. This is where some take it to mean Jesus the person when in fact it's talking about the SPIRIT or GOD (the Christos or anointing).

2 I do not fustrate the GRACE of GOD: for is rightiousness comes by Law, then Christ (the anointed) death is in vain.

Here Paul is showing the two way to seek righteousness , and if it could be had by works of Law , then giving us the Christos the anointing is in VAIN. Why ? because we could have obtained it through Law (forced compliance)>
    Nick put your spiritual ears and eyes on brother.

love and peace to you and yours……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So when a builder finishes a foundation for a building he would get a bit frustrated if others wanted him to do it all over again. But he would not abandon it and continue his building somewhere else either as the foundation forms the strong base of that building.

1Cor3
    9For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

eph2
    20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1Peter2
    3If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

4To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    The book of hebrews is not written to religious Jews of the OT but those who have become members of the body of Christ.

In that body there is neither Jew nor gentile.

And we one with them and teachings for them are also for us.

We too need to have these foundations laid solidly so God can build us up further

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Of course he speaks of the Spirit of Christ in Galatians, that Spirit of God that binds the body as one.

The law never did apply to us as being of gentile stock and now the righteousness we prodigals can have is the covering of the robe of righteousness of the anointed Son.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..are you saying we don't have that same anointing in Us as Jesus Had, Then whay does this mean , “let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus , and if that “MIND” be in you (IT) will ALSO quicken YOUR mortal bodies. It the same Spirit or Christos< Nick

peace and love to you and the (WE)……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    There are many spirits.

You mean Rom8?

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

No MIND there

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…… lets try this Phi 2:5 …> Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.

peace and love to you nick………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So you admit you were wrong?
    We do need the mind of Christ and are urged to be transformed by renewal of our minds in Romans.

Eph3
    23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

No more room for carnal intellect and human wisdom

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Your calling what i say as Carnal intellect and human reasoning , not me that you saying that I believe what i say is from the spirit of God and so is my understanding he has given me. I and not admitting no wrong the Spirit is the (MIND) INTELLECT that Jesus Had in Him. And with that mind you should be able to understand the deep things of God, Not just parrot scriptures, but understand them and there deep meanings. WE are not urged anything we are being transformed by the POWER of GOD Not by our works of any kind or Choices as from ourself. Don't get you head turned around backwards here Nick.

love and peace to you……………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

The book of hebrews is not written to religious Jews of the OT but those who have become members of the body of Christ.

In that body there is neither Jew nor gentile.

And we one with them and teachings for them are also for us.

We too need to have these foundations laid solidly so God can build us up further

Nick,
    The book of Hebrews was written before Paul's new covenant gospel was revealed. They were still partially under the old covenant system then. Animal sacrifices were still being offered. This indicates that the old covenant has not fully passed away.

The foundation was laid once and for all. One does not build a foundation endlessly. They were told NOT to lay it “again” which is exactly what you are doing.

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account