The gospel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

There is a saying that I love, it goes like this:

I will preach the gospel everywhere I go, and when necessary I will use words.

Another saying:

Before I care about what you know, I need to know that you care!

:)

Also, regarding the gospel for the Jews and for the Gentiles – didn't Jesus come to make one man out of the two?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The gospel of Christ is for both Jew and entile to make them one body.

Eph 3
    ” 1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

13Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”

So what was taken first to the Jews was the same as was to be spoken to the gentiles. Christ preached about the kingdom and baptised with his disciples. He is said to be the one who baptises in the Spirit but this aspect of rebirth did not begin to be fulfilled till he returned to God so that men would be one in that Spirit of Christ. So neither Jew nor Gentile has an advantage.
    In fact much of what Christ spoke about to the Jews was concerning the fulfillment of the Law.

Those who asked what they could DO to inherit the kingdom were instructed about the Law and only the rich young man who persisted in mt 19 was taught about the new covenant. But all that he spoke is essential to both Jew and Gentile and the words of the apostles enlarge these teachings to those who have entered by the way of Christ.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Good scripture! Except the last two paragraphs. What was given to the Jews,was not the same given to the Gentiles. The Jews were given the law and the Old Covenant. The had to obey the law to enter the kingdom, this they could not do, they broke their covenant with God. God has set them aside, and turned to the Nations (Gentiles). WE are now under Grace, totally dependant on God. No amount of “works” can do us any good, we cannot do anything to “earn” our salvation. “His achievment are we”.(Eph.2:10)

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    A wise storeman can take both the new and the old out of his storehouse.
    Be wise.
    Seek.

david
    Participant

Yes, he can. He can take some of the old and use it in the new covenant.

But that nation AS A WHOLE is no longer God's chosen nation, his people for special possession…
    Yes, he this doesn't mean natural Israelites or jews cannot become a part of the “Israel of God,” but it means that they as a whole, are no longer his special people. He has established a “new covenant”

chosenone
    Participant

Thanks david, you understand scripture, many do not.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Christ is the gospel.

Acts 11
    20Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

to all > would like to introduce somthing to the conversation . there is a scripture that say's God forgives sin's and iniquites but in no way pardons the guilty. i believe it was when the glory of the Lord passed in front of Moses.

and the whole world has become guility before God it say's also. so if the whole world is guilty and God dosen't pardon the guilty what are we left with seening we all have become guilty before Him.

there is only one answer, the guilt must be paid for and christ was that payment ,but who offered that payment was it not God himself and i don't mean God came down in the form of flesh and offered himself. Jesus was God's sacrafice for our guilt. he was truly the lamd God sacracificed for us in order to fullfill His requirement for Justice.

therefore whosoever will eat, (which means take to ourselves ) his flesh and drink his blood, (which drink is the same as eat). when we eat or drink something it goes into us and becomes part of us. and this must occure spritually also. all true christans are partakers of that same offering.and eat from that same table.

the offering that God the Father sacrificed for us. he was truly the lamb of God . and by it we have been bought back or (redemmend)by God and because we are purchased back to God, God sends forth his holy spirit and adopts us as his childern for ever we are begotten of God and become heirs and joint heirs with Jesus our brother who gave himself for us. who also was begotten of God .

it was to demenstrate GOD's righteouseness concerning our sin debts that had to be paid to demonstrate the justice of God. and that's the way God chose to demonstrate it. God did say the wages of sin is death and we are told if we take to ourselves Jesus' sacrifice we will have eternal life with Jesus our brother and GOD our father.

thats the goodnews or gospel . belssings on everyone who has truly eaten the flesh and drank the blood of Jesus the Christ.

:;): :;):

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Gene.
    A very good post, I like the way you explained it. I agree with most of it, but I disagree with one small part, if I may. The part where you say, “if we take to ourselves Jesus sacrifice…” I believe there is nothing we can do to earn our salvation, scripture says “All is of God” (Ro. 11:36)
    “For His (Gods) achievement are we”. (Eph.2:10) When we do “take to ourselves” it is Gods holy spirit working in us, we can take no credit for our salvation, “lest we should boast”.(Eph.2:9)

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God's Spirit does not work in all but in us who have been reborn of that Spirit.
    The gospel of Christ was first preached to the jews and is now preached to all.

Jn3
    ” 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.”

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    To the “Jews”, while still under the”Law”. We are no longer under the “Law”, Gentiles, in fact, were never under the Law. We are now under “Grace”.

Blessings.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 23 2007,17:51)
    Nick.
      To the “Jews”, while still under the”Law”.  We are no longer under the “Law”, Gentiles, in fact, were never under the Law.  We are now under “Grace”.

Blessings.

Which law CO?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (see luke 24:44)
    Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi kenrch.
    Much misunderstanding of scripture is that at first, Gods “chosen people” were the Jews. The “nations” (gentiles) had no place with God. God, through Moses, made a Covenant with the Jews, and gave them the “law”, ( Deuteronomy & Leveticus) which they had to obey to recieve the blessings promised. (Enter the “promised land”). When the prophesied Messiah (Jesus) came, who fulfilled the law perfectly, which the Jews could not do, they murdered Him. After Jesus' death and resurrection, they still refused to acknowledge Him as King. Thus God has set them (Jews) aside, and turned to the Nations (Gentiles). See book of Acts. This was Gods way of showing us that it was impossible to “earn” our salvation by Human effort (works). God has now given us the Covenant of “Grace”, that is telling us that our efforts (trying to obey laws) is impossible, (the flesh cannot please God), only if we worship “in spirit and Truth” can we please God. And this is done by God alone, who will baptise us with the holy spirit as He chooses us in Him.
    So we must understand that the gospel that Jesus taught while on earth was to the Jews, while still under the “law” (Jesus said “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mat. 15:24). The teachings of Paul, his epistles, are for the nations. Those God chooses in this present economy, (body of Christ) are made up of believing Jew and Gentile. Much confusion of scripture will be eliminated if we “correctly cut the word of truth.” (2Tim.2:15) Now this is not to say that we should not read about Jesus' teachings, but we must understand to whom He was speaking. (All scripture is for us, but not all scripture is about us).
    This is my understanding of scripture, I am human, my understanding is by no means infallible, and I appreciate your comments and differences of opinion. After all, “all is of God, all is by Him, through Him, and for Him”. (Ro.11:36).

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You say
    “Thus God has set them (Jews) aside, and turned to the Nations (Gentiles).  See book of Acts.  This was Gods way of showing us that it was impossible to “earn” our salvation by Human effort (works).  God has now given us the Covenant of “Grace”, that is telling us that our efforts (trying to obey laws) is impossible, (the flesh cannot please God), only if we worship “in spirit and Truth” can we please God.  And this is done by God alone, who will baptise us with the holy spirit as He chooses us in Him.”

No all must repent and as Peter showed in Acts 10 and Paul and the other apostles showed throughout Acts, all must be reborn of water and the Spirit, the same gospel Jesus preached to Nicodemus and Peter preached at Pentecost.

Acts 17
    ” 30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”

It is not our works as His forgiveness and cleansing of our hearts is the inner work of God in response to our repentant cries.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    We have been “justified” by the death and ressurrection of our lord Christ Jesus. “being justified gratuitously in His grace”,…(Ro.3:24)
    This is a description of “justified” for you.

THE MEANING OF “JUSTIFY”

Now, from this grand perspective, let us seek to grasp the scriptural essence of the Greek verb dikaioõ, which, in English, is “justify.” First of all, let us note that the English adjective “just” (in Greek, dikaion) is the equivalent of the adjective “righteous,” which means, “to be conformed to right.” “Justify” is merely the verb corresponding to the adjective “just” or “right.” While there is no English verb which formally corresponds to the adjective “righteous,” nevertheless, the verb “justify” corresponds substantially to the adjective “righteous,” even as it is the formal correspondent of the adjective “just.”
    “Justify” is used definitively, and very strikingly, in Luke 7. Jesus declared, “ ‘A greater prophet, among those born of women, than John the baptist, there is not one. Yet the smaller, in the kingdom of God is greater than he.’ And hearing, the entire people, even the tribute collectors, justify God, being baptized with the baptism of John” (Luke 7:28,29).
    The entire people, “righteoused” God. That is, they declared Him to be righteous. Thus we see that “justification” is a pronouncement of righteousness. “Righteousness” is “the quality or state of being righteous, the status of one who is justified.” 1
    Consequently, we learn that, as those who are “justified,” our status is that of, in some sense, actually being righteous. Thus, whenever we read of or reflect upon the fact that we are “justified,” let our conception be that we are “declared righteous,” and that by God Himself.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    An added question, if we are “justified”, then in Gods eyes we are righteous. Why the need for repentance? It was all done for us on the cross. What more is needed?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 25 2007,16:45)
    Nick.
        We have been “justified” by the death and ressurrection of our lord Christ Jesus. “being justified gratuitously in His grace”,…(Ro.3:24)
    This is a description of “justified” for you.

THE MEANING OF “JUSTIFY”

Now, from this grand perspective, let us seek to grasp the scriptural essence of the Greek verb dikaioõ, which, in English, is “justify.” First of all, let us note that the English adjective “just” (in Greek, dikaion) is the equivalent of the adjective “righteous,” which means, “to be conformed to right.” “Justify” is merely the verb corresponding to the adjective “just” or “right.” While there is no English verb which formally corresponds to the adjective “righteous,” nevertheless, the verb “justify” corresponds substantially to the adjective “righteous,” even as it is the formal correspondent of the adjective “just.”
    “Justify” is used definitively, and very strikingly, in Luke 7. Jesus declared, “ ‘A greater prophet, among those born of women, than John the baptist, there is not one. Yet the smaller, in the kingdom of God is greater than he.’ And hearing, the entire people, even the tribute collectors, justify God, being baptized with the baptism of John” (Luke 7:28,29).
    The entire people, “righteoused” God. That is, they declared Him to be righteous. Thus we see that “justification” is a pronouncement of righteousness. “Righteousness” is “the quality or state of being righteous, the status of one who is justified.” 1
    Consequently, we learn that, as those who are “justified,” our status is that of, in some sense, actually being righteous. Thus, whenever we read of or reflect upon the fact that we are “justified,” let our conception be that we are “declared righteous,” and that by God Himself.

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    Rom 1
    ” 1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. “

Sorry CO but if you think puny natural man has righteousness in his own lights above filthy rags you do not know or fear God and are indeed deceived.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Where did scripture I quoted say that “If you think puny natural man has righteouness etc….” It is just the oposite, it is you who thinks we have to “do something” to obtain salvation, yes, us, puny man. It is I that says scripture is all of God. How were we justified? Not by doing what you say has to be done! We are justified by the sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus. It is “All is of God”, not puny men, trying to earn salvation by your “works”.
    You have it backwards.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You have no understanding of the righteous demands of God.
    He says ALL MEN EVERYWHERE must repent.
    Turn back.

chosenone
    Participant

Being “justified” in Gods eyes, what do we have to repent of?

Blessings.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account