The Fifth Seal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pastry
    Participant

The Fifth Seal:
    Rev. 6:9 “ And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held.”

v. 10 “And they cried with a loud voice, saying, how long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?”

v. 11 “ And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.”

These saints that were asking how long must they wait are the ones that were killed by the Romans because they would not worship the Emperor. Then in AD 313, the Emperor Constantine stopped the persecution and made the new religion, Christianity, the religion of his empire, “The Roman universal church”. Now the waiting started for the slain saints until their fellow servants should be killed as they were; and that period started in AD 565 with Antichrist. It lasted for 1,260 years, that is, till AD 1825; and in AD 1834 the Vatican (finally) abolished torture. Even so, torture and killings of Christians is still going on in some parts of the world. God has great admiration for these saints.

Ps. 50:5 “ Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.”

Ps. 116:15 “ Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.”

Georg

Pastry
    Participant

I bumped this up, so you can look at it again for the first time.

When you read scripture, especially prophecy, you need to meditate on what you read, let it sink in,

ask God to help you understand,

1Cr 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The thinks of God knoweth no man with out his Holy Spirit.

And every one that once to know, ask questions.

Georg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account