The faithful must learn to respect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

As a result, science need not be the direct enemy of faith. However, a deep tension will persist until the faithful recognise that a willingness to question even one's most fervently held beliefs – the hallmark of science – is a trait that should be respected, not reviled

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science….MP=SRCH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 11 2012,13:54)

As a result, science need not be the direct enemy of faith. However, a deep tension will persist until the faithful recognise that a willingness to question even one's most fervently held beliefs – the hallmark of science – is a trait that should be respected, not reviled

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science….MP=SRCH

Yes, they must not only respect those who question their belief they must embrace the very act of someone questioning their beliefs because it is the very cornerstone of educating someone about what exactly it is you believe in and why.

Ridiculing the person who questions what you believe in just lends credence to the fact that you are unstable in your beliefs.

This was a very constructive thing to post Princess :)

Ed J
    Participant

Islam Exposed 148 – Do Not Question The Quran

“O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if
    made plain to you, may cause you trouble.” (Sura 5 101)

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 11 2012,18:07)
    Islam Exposed 148 – Do Not Question The Quran

“O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if
    made plain to you, may cause you trouble.” (Sura 5 101)

B'shem
    YHVH

Ed

The verse says do not ask questions about things that are clear to you this does not say people shoulsd not ask you questions it means you should not question what you already understand.

It's like once it becomes clear that 2+2=4 you should not question that fact any longer as it will serve to undermine your ability to do math correctly.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

You mean like questioning the false claims concerning Jesus
    not really (according to the 'book of fraud') being crucified?

B'shem
    YHVH

princess
    Participant

Edj,
    You beginning to become a troll.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 12 2012,11:59)
    Edj,

Hi Princess,

You mean the mythical creature that lives under and controls a bridge?

B'shem
    YHVH

princess
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 11 2012,17:31)

Yes, they must not only respect those who question their belief they must embrace the very act of someone questioning their beliefs because it is the very cornerstone of educating someone about what exactly it is you believe in and why.

Agreed BD, however, just because one educates another, does not mean they are going to accept it as a truth, or retain it as knowledge. When this happens is there fault on either's part?

Ridiculing the person who questions what you believe in just lends credence to the fact that you are unstable in your beliefs.

I disagree, ignorance comes from fear, iron can sharpen iron. Some just have stronger iron then others.

This was a very constructive thing to post Princess :)

Thank you BD.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2012,12:10)

Quote (princess @ Feb. 12 2012,11:59)
    Edj,

Hi Princess,

You mean the mythical creature that lives under and controls a bridge?

B'shem
    YHVH

In a way yes Edj, in forum terms, a troll has chosen one poster and awaits for this poster to post, then the troll emerges with a post right after constantly.

Understand?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 12 2012,12:21)

Agreed BD, however, just because one educates another, does not mean they are going to accept it as a truth, or retain it as knowledge. When this happens is there fault on either's part?

The point is not push blame around but to simply communicate what you are convinced of if it is accepted or rejected depends on so many things but if we simply discredit the persons intelligence as being faulty we cannot have further discussions that lead to total acceptance or total rejection

I disagree, ignorance comes from fear, iron can sharpen iron. Some just have stronger iron then others.

]

I think you misundertood that last point I made I was saying that people who make fun of someone asking a question shows they are unstable because I agree Ignorance comes from fear

princess
    Participant

Being convinced is just a persons current understanding of a matter, understanding of a matter can change due to many factors. Learning to understand people from different walks of life is one thing most are lacking. It is their current understanding that deters this from happening. Really BD, do I care that you are muslim, no not in the slightest, learning to stero type an individual is something I avoid, due to it has been done with me most of my life, no I am not Catholic, just because of my olive skin. My favorite of all time was (this was at an interview) she does know this job requires her to get on roofs. So I am not judgemental on what society has branded.

The back and forth of religions of 'my god is bigger then yours' is just man's alter ego. I am all for something greater then even what religion has to present, I just find it amusing that man tries to dummy it down so they can understand it. Then go on for centuries and debate it.

Truths can be found anywhere, anytime and anyway, why limit it to one sect.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 12 2012,14:04)
    Being convinced is just a persons current understanding of a matter, understanding of a matter can change due to many factors. Learning to understand people from different walks of life is one thing most are lacking. It is their current understanding that deters this from happening. Really BD, do I care that you are muslim, no not in the slightest, learning to stero type an individual is something I avoid, due to it has been done with me most of my life, no I am not Catholic, just because of my olive skin. My favorite of all time was (this was at an interview) she does know this job requires her to get on roofs. So I am not judgemental on what society has branded.

The back and forth of religions of 'my god is bigger then yours' is just man's alter ego. I am all for something greater then even what religion has to present, I just find it amusing that man tries to dummy it down so they can understand it. Then go on for centuries and debate it.

Truths can be found anywhere, anytime and anyway, why limit it to one sect.

Perhaps you are truly religious while others simply use the word religion:

James 1:27
    Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

What I am saying is just because people abuse a word is no reason for you to reject the true meaning of that word. You do not have to be Catholic, Muslim…etc to be religious, you say you do not judge what society has branded? Then you are in excellent company in harmony with Jesus Christ who says

John 8:15
    Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Don't let people squeeze you out of being the truly religious for their false ego boosting agendas they are the ones not religious, they are the ones not heeding the words of Christ, They are the ones judging and condemning so let them because they love the world and being important in it and that self importance is their own condemnation.

This is what I say to them:

Joshua 24:15
    And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

My point is Princess be you and serve God with praise it is for you to be pleasing to God not man

princess
    Participant

“Deep listening is miraculous for both listener and speaker. When someone receives us with open-hearted, non-judging, intensely interested listening, our spirits expand.” Sue Patton

My point is Princess be you and serve God with praise it is for you to be pleasing to God not man

For you BD, religion works, it is geared to suiting the heart of a man, not so much for women. So being myself is not pleasing to God through his eyes, in any way.

Don't let people squeeze you out of being the truly religious for their false ego boosting agendas they are the ones not religious, they are the ones not heeding the words of Christ, They are the ones judging and condemning so let them because they love the world and being important in it and that self importance is their own condemnation.

There are many other books that have words of wisdom in them, without the hidden agenda that religion brings. I am not going to limit myself to just one book. For example BD, for what ever reason you have, you pull from many books to explain your current understanding of what you believe, you have versed yourself well with each book, but you still have core beliefs with each of these beliefs in some form disagree with each book you pull from.

It must be diffucult for you at times, sorting through it all, searching to ensure you have it right. However, when what you believes brings you peace, then so be it. Attaining peace is what it is all about, for when you have it, there is no one that can take it away from you. No matter what is said or done.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 12 2012,23:04)
    “Deep listening is miraculous for both listener and speaker. When someone receives us with open-hearted, non-judging, intensely interested listening, our spirits expand.” Sue Patton

For you BD, religion works, it is geared to suiting the heart of a man, not so much for women. So being myself is not pleasing to God through his eyes, in any way.

There are many other books that have words of wisdom in them, without the hidden agenda that religion brings. I am not going to limit myself to just one book. For example BD, for what ever reason you have, you pull from many books to explain your current understanding of what you believe, you have versed yourself well with each book, but you still have core beliefs with each of these beliefs in some form disagree with each book you pull from.

It must be diffucult for you at times, sorting through it all, searching to ensure you have it right. However, when what you believes brings you peace, then so be it. Attaining peace is what it is all about, for when you have it, there is no one that can take it away from you. No matter what is said or done.

I see all learning as a progressive revelation and I don't see knowledge as limited to any particular text because to me the entire Human experience is one HUGE book and when we can honestly view that huge book of knowledge we begin to understand motives and intentions throughout history and into the future.

There is no doubt that God declares for instance in the Quran

“I shall not lose sight of the labor of any of you who labors in My way, be it man or woman; each of you is equal to the other (3:195)”

“Verily for all men and women who have surrendered themselves unto God, and all believing men and believing women, and all truly devout men and truly devout women, and all men and women who are true to their word, and all men and women who are patient in adversity, and all men and women who humble themselves before God, and all men and women who give in charity, and all self-denying men and self-denying women, and all men and women who are mindful of their chastity, and all men and women who remmber God unceasingly: for all of them has God readied forgiveness of sins and a mighty reward.” (33:35)

When I see these statements it demonstrates to me that writers previously went out of their way to leave women out of the message of God for whatever reason so this view although seeming progressive is actually the way it was always intended to be.

So, it is never difficult for me because Honesty is the priority and because of honesty and love I can maintain context over prejudice and content under reason.

2besee
    Participant

Hi Skeptics:):)

The Holy Spirit works on your understanding and on your heart. The signs of the Holy Spirit being in you, are that you have huge compassionate feelings towards life. When Jesus said “If you do it to one of the least of these you do it to me”….well, when you have the Holy Spirit in you, if you see another person suffering, you cant help but cry. I believe this compassion and not only compassion but also a huge strong sense of Justice and the hate of evil, is what Jesus meant. If you do it to them, it is the same as doing it to ourself or to Jesus himself, he is there, they don't know but they are doing it to him. That is what Jesus meant and when he comes back in judgment I mean, that is what humans will be judged on, and this is what Jesus said in Matthew (The sheep and the Goats). See, people think that they can treat others like crap, the bullies of the world, the world powers,  those who bow down to the world powers, those who even in their heart condone evil. And – of eveything God has made there is a size, there is big, and then it gets smaller, and smaller, from the biggest Sun to the smallest particle of dust. So it is in scripture and so is the word of God, and so is everything connected in the same way.  If you do it to one of the least of these, you do it to me.

terraricca
    Participant

bd

faith is a gift of God almighty, through his son Jesus Christ ,and so can not be obtain as someone can obtain a diploma or a certificat of accomplishment in a school.

we can learn ,books ,understand what it is that it talks about,but to grasp the profond understanding and meaning of the scriptures  this as nothing to do with the mind,but with the heart,and soul of a person,

if someone applys all what it does and stand by what God and his son teach ,then he can not say I am a catholic ,mormon,or budist,or muslim,

if he does say one of those then he can not say or do those things to please God almighty and his son.so he would be a liar.

understand that Christ only educated a willful student

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 09 2012,08:41)
    bd

faith is a gift of God almighty, through his son Jesus Christ ,and so can not be obtain as someone can obtain a diploma or a certificat of accomplishment in a school.

we can learn ,books ,understand what it is that it talks about,but to grasp the profond understanding and meaning of the scriptures  this as nothing to do with the mind,but with the heart,and soul of a person,

if someone applys all what it does and stand by what God and his son teach ,then he can not say I am a catholic ,mormon,or budist,or muslim,

if he does say one of those then he can not say or do those things to please God almighty and his son.so he would be a liar.

The questioner is always a willing student otherwise they would not engage.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 09 2012,19:45)

bd

Bd

Not so,my friend,the One that questioning may have his own personal agenda ,like try to find a weakness so he may use it to implant his own teachings ,the hidden deceiver Gen ,corruption of the first couple ,Satan deceit

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 09 2012,14:45)

bd

Wrong! Depends if they have an agenda or not. etc

2besee
    Participant

ditto,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account