The cross….not the correct symbol for adoration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Edj,
    Yes I read it. Who do you say is “Her seed” and who do you say is “Thy seed?”

you wrote:

Gen.3:15 And will put enmity between thee(Who?) and the woman[/b],
    and between thy seed(Who's seed) and her seed(Luke 8:11); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2010,18:01)
    Hi Edj,

you wrote:

and between thy seed(Who's seed) and her seed(Luke 8:11); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Hi LU,

I'm so glad you asked! (Matt.7:7 / 2Tm.2:13)

Thy seed is: Matt. 8:44
    Her seed is: Luke 8:11

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 17 2010,18:18)

Hi Edj,

you wrote:

Hi LU,

Thy seed is: Matt. 8:44

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, you're totally blank, aren't you?

Ps, there is no Mat. 8:44.

Georg

david
    Participant

If you want to acknowledge pagan customs and give them power and control who am I to keep you.

–lu

Which person is giving pagan customs more power?

–the person who adopts pagan words, customs, symbols into their worship?
    –Or the person who says this is wrong?

I think the answer is obvious. The Bible says not to learn the way of the pagan. The true
    God hates even the mention of false gods. So, if someone takes the name of a false god and attaches it to Christs resurrection, how would the true God view it? Again, the answer is obvious.

The Encyclopædia Britannica comments:
    “There is no indication of the observance of the Easter festival in the New Testament, or in the writings of the apostolic Fathers. The sanctity of special times was an idea absent from the minds of the first Christians.”—(1910), Vol. VIII, p. 828.

The Catholic Encyclopedia tells us:
    “A great many pagan customs, celebrating the return of spring, gravitated to Easter. The egg is the emblem of the germinating life of early spring. . . . The rabbit is a pagan symbol and has always been an emblem of fertility.”—(1913), Vol. V, p. 227.

In the book The Two Babylons, by Alexander Hislop, we read:
    “What means the term Easter itself? It is not a Christian name. It bears its Chaldean origin on its very forehead. Easter is nothing else than Astarte, one of the titles of Beltis, the queen of heaven, whose name, . . . as found by Layard on the Assyrian monuments, is Ishtar. . . . Such is the history of Easter. The popular observances that still attend the period of its celebration amply confirm the testimony of history as to its Babylonian character. The hot cross buns of Good Friday, and the dyed eggs of Pasch or Easter Sunday, figured in the Chaldean rites just as they do now.”—(New York, 1943), pp. 103, 107, 108

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 18 2010,08:53)

If you want to acknowledge pagan customs and give them power and control who am I to keep you.  

–lu

Which person is giving pagan customs more power?

–the person who adopts pagan words, customs, symbols into their worship?
    –Or the person who says this is wrong?

I think the answer is obvious.  The Bible says not to learn the way of the pagan.  The true
    God hates even the mention of false gods.  So, if someone takes the name of a false god and attaches it to Christs resurrection, how would the true God view it?  Again, the answer is obvious.

The Encyclopædia Britannica comments:
    “There is no indication of the observance of the Easter festival in the New Testament, or in the writings of the apostolic Fathers. The sanctity of special times was an idea absent from the minds of the first Christians.”—(1910), Vol. VIII, p. 828.

The Catholic Encyclopedia tells us:
    “A great many pagan customs, celebrating the return of spring, gravitated to Easter. The egg is the emblem of the germinating life of early spring. . . . The rabbit is a pagan symbol and has always been an emblem of fertility.”—(1913), Vol. V, p. 227.

In the book The Two Babylons, by Alexander Hislop, we read:
    “What means the term Easter itself? It is not a Christian name. It bears its Chaldean origin on its very forehead. Easter is nothing else than Astarte, one of the titles of Beltis, the queen of heaven, whose name, . . . as found by Layard on the Assyrian monuments, is Ishtar. . . . Such is the history of Easter. The popular observances that still attend the period of its celebration amply confirm the testimony of history as to its Babylonian character. The hot cross buns of Good Friday, and the dyed eggs of Pasch or Easter Sunday, figured in the Chaldean rites just as they do now.”—(New York, 1943), pp. 103, 107, 108

You are so right David…. We have the two Babylonians too, in fact how I bought the Book is amazing too.  I had gone to the Bible Store to get something negative on Mr. Armstrong.  I found a small Booklet, but the Two Babylonians caught my eye before I found something on Mr. Armstrong, and put it under my arm.  I went to the checkout Counter to by the small Book on Mr. Armstrong, forgetting the Book under my arm.  The Lady said what;s with that Book under your arm?  I was rather embarrassed so I said , I'll buy that too.  Because of it, I educated myself with what it said, and we left the Catholic Church.  For the first time in our lives we started to read the Bible.  We were so shocked about so many things.. Thanks be to God that He opened our minds to the Truth…..
    Peace and Love Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

David you are wanting the celebration of the resurrection day to not happen by drawing attention to the origin of the name and the role that bunnies and eggs have meant to some pagan worship. You don't ever encourage us to keep the day of celebrating the resurrection as a church body but name it something other than Easter. If the name was changed to “the Resurrection Day” would you be happy?? Can kids have fun looking for malted milk balls, would that make you feel better?? I am totally fine with not having Easter as the name, and also making the idea of the Easter bunny and coloring eggs go away but not fine with not observing the resurrection day as a church body. That fake goddess is nothing and it doesn't dictate what I do or don't do. You seem to equate coloring and hiding eggs to temple prostitution. Good grief! I haven't seen ANY temple prostitution going on at the Christian churches that I have attended. Does that put your mind at ease? Read this about what other countries call Easter, most everything on the list doesn't look or sound a bit like Eostre.

Easter is the most important observation in the Christian liturgical year.

It is called by many names in different languages:

Based on Pagan name: The English word, “Easter” and the German word “Ostern” are derived from the name of an ancient Pagan Goddess Eostre. Alternate, less common, names for the holy day in English-speaking contries are the “Sunday of the Resurrection,” “Pascha,” and “Resurrection Day.”

Based on “Pesach:” In most of the remaining languages in countries with a Christian heritage, the name for Easter is derived from “Pesach” (“פסחא” in Hebrew) the name for Passover: These include:

Afrikaans: Paasfees
    Albanian: Pashkët
    Amharic: (Fasika)
    Arabic: عيد الفصح (Aīd ul-Figh)
    Azeri Pasxa: Fish (pronounced fis`h)
    Berber: tafaska (nowadays it is the name of the Muslim “Festival of sacrifice”)
    Catalan: Pasqua
    Danish: Påke
    Dutch: Pasen or paasfeest
    Esperanto: Pasko
    Faroese: Pákir (plural, no singular exists)
    Finnish: Pääsiänen
    French: Pâues
    Greek: Πάσχα (Pascha)
    Hebrew: פסחא (Pascha)
    Icelandic: Pákar
    Indonesian: Paskah
    Irish: Cáisc
    Italian: Pasqua
    Japanese: Seidai Pasuha, “Holy and Great Pascha”, used by Eastern Orthodox members
    Latin: Pascha or Festa Paschalia
    Lower Rhine: German Paisken
    Malayalam: പെശഹ (Pæsacha/Pæsaha)
    Northern Ndebele: Pasika
    Norwegian: Påske
    Persian: Pas`h
    Polish: Pascha
    Portuguese: Páscoa
    Romanian: Paşte
    Russian: Пасха (Paskha)
    Scottish Gaelic: Casca
    Spanish: Pascua
    Swedish: Påsk
    Tagalog: (Philippines) Pasko ng Muling Pagkabuhay (literally “the Pasch of the Resurrection”)
    Turkish Paskalya
    Welsh: Pasg

Based on “Great Day” or “Great Night:” This is used in most Slavic languages:
    Bulgarian: Великден (Vělikděn')
    Czech: Velikonoce
    Latvian Lieldienas (Plural; no singular exists)
    Lithuanian Velykos (Plural; no singular exists)
    Polish: Wielkanoc
    Slovak: Veľká Noc
    Slovenian: Velika no
    Ukrainian: Вялікдзень (Vjalikdzěn')

Based on “Resurrection”
    Bosnian: Uskrs or Vaskrs (literally “resurrection”)
    Chinese: Fùhuó Jié (literally “Resurrection Festival”)
    Croatian: “Uskrs,” meaning 'Resurrection'.”
    Korean: Buhwalchol, literally “Resurrection Festival”
    Lakota Woekicetuanpetu (literally “Resurrection Day”)
    Serbian Ускрс (Uskrs) or Васкрс (Vaskrs, literally “resurrection”)
    Vietnamese Lễ Phục Sinh (literally, “Festival of Resurrection”)

Based on multiple names:
    Armenian: Զատիկ (Zatik or Zadik, literally “separation”) or Սուրբ Հարություն (Sourb Haroutiwn, literally “holy resurrection”)
    Belarusian: Вялікдзень or (Vialikdzen', literally “the Great Day”)
    Bulgarian: Великден (Velikden, literally “the Great Day”) or Възкресение Христово (Vazkresenie Hristovo, literally “Resurrection of Christ”)
    Japanese: Iisutaa, pronunciation of Easter in Japanese katakana or Fukkatsusai, literally “Resurrection Festival”
    Macedonian Велигден (Veligden, literally “the Great Day”) or, rarely Воскрес (Voskres, literally “resurrection”)
    Ukrainian: Великдень (Velykden) or Паска (Paska)

Other bases:
    Estonian: Lihavõtted (literally “meat taking”)
    Georgian: აღდგომა (Aĝdgoma, literally “rising”)
    Hungarian Húsvét: (literally “taking, or buying meat”)
    Maltese L-Għid il-Kbir (means, “the Great Feast”)
    Ossetic куадзæh, means “end of fasting”
    Persian عيد پاك (literally “Chaste Feast”)
    Tongan (South-pacific) Pekia (literally “death (of a lord)”)

found here: http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter7.htm

See, the other countries can't be accused of following pagan customs by the name they use for the Resurrection Day.

Lighten Up!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 17 2010,22:54)

Hi Edj,

you wrote:

Hi LU,

Thy seed is: Matt. 8:44 (I meant John 8:44)

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, you're totally blank, aren't you?

Ps, there is no Mat. 8:44.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Thy seed is: John 8:44

God bless
    Ed J

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2010,12:08)
    David you are wanting the celebration of the resurrection day to not happen by drawing attention to the origin of the name and the role that bunnies and eggs have meant to some pagan worship.  You don't ever encourage us to keep the day of celebrating the resurrection as a church body but name it something other than Easter.  If the name was changed to “the Resurrection Day” would you be happy??  Can kids have fun looking for malted milk balls, would that make you feel better??  I am totally fine with not having Easter as the name, and also making the idea of the Easter bunny and coloring eggs go away but not fine with not observing the resurrection day as a church body.  That fake goddess is nothing and it doesn't dictate what I do or don't do.  You seem to equate coloring and hiding eggs to temple prostitution.  Good grief!  I haven't seen ANY temple prostitution going on at the Christian churches that I have attended.  Does that put your mind at ease?  Read this about what other countries call Easter, most everything on the list doesn't look or sound a bit like Eostre.

Based on Pagan name: The English word, “Easter” and the German word “Ostern” are derived from the name of an ancient Pagan Goddess Eostre. Alternate, less common, names for the holy day in English-speaking contries are the “Sunday of the Resurrection,” “Pascha,” and “Resurrection Day.”

Based on “Pesach:”  In most of the remaining languages in countries with a Christian heritage, the name for Easter is derived from “Pesach” (“פסחא” in Hebrew) the name for Passover:  These include:

Japanese: Seidai Pasuha, “Holy and Great Pascha”, used by Eastern Orthodox members
    Tagalog: (Philippines) Pasko ng Muling Pagkabuhay (literally “the Pasch of the Resurrection”)
    Turkish Paskalya

Based on “Resurrection”

Based on multiple names:
    Armenian: Զատիկ (Zatik or Zadik, literally “separation”) or Սուրբ Հարություն (Sourb Haroutiwn, literally “holy resurrection”)
    Bulgarian: Великден (Velikden, literally “the Great Day”) or Възкресение Христово (Vazkresenie Hristovo, literally “Resurrection of Christ”)
    Japanese: Iisutaa, pronunciation of Easter in Japanese katakana or Fukkatsusai, literally “Resurrection Festival”
    Macedonian Велигден (Veligden, literally “the Great Day”) or, rarely Воскрес (Voskres, literally “resurrection”)

Other bases:

See, the other countries can't be accused of following pagan customs by the name they use for the Resurrection Day.

Lighten Up!

Those are also other religions that do not worship our God.  So why would you even considering how they worship their God.  They are just as wrong as the ones that worship and believe in the trinity, and all Holy Days that are not Christian at all.  The Bible does not tell us to keep Easter, but it tells us to keep the Passover.  Just because it is close to Easter does not mean now that it is Christian at all.  Maybe you need to get the “Two Babylonians” too and see all that it is written there.  And I said this before that one Easter Sunday right after we were going to leave that Church, the Pastor had everyone with Children bring their Easter Baskets to bless their Baskets….it is not just the resurrection to them, unfortunately…and as far as not keeping Easter, that would be the right thing to do… and you are not for that?  Kathi, I believe that you are still in the world, matter of speech….
    give it time as far as prostitution is concerned.  When we still attended they were talking about dancing in the Church… and some in other country, if I am not mistaken, are doing it…..just like they have excepted Gay's in Churches….when I started a Woman's Organization so long ago the subject came up, and already then some thought it was just fine to do so… the Bible teaches us to give up Sin and not to except Sin…..
    Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 17 2010,23:34)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2010,12:08)
    David you are wanting the celebration of the resurrection day to not happen by drawing attention to the origin of the name and the role that bunnies and eggs have meant to some pagan worship.  You don't ever encourage us to keep the day of celebrating the resurrection as a church body but name it something other than Easter.  If the name was changed to “the Resurrection Day” would you be happy??  Can kids have fun looking for malted milk balls, would that make you feel better??  I am totally fine with not having Easter as the name, and also making the idea of the Easter bunny and coloring eggs go away but not fine with not observing the resurrection day as a church body.  That fake goddess is nothing and it doesn't dictate what I do or don't do.  You seem to equate coloring and hiding eggs to temple prostitution.  Good grief!  I haven't seen ANY temple prostitution going on at the Christian churches that I have attended.  Does that put your mind at ease?  Read this about what other countries call Easter, most everything on the list doesn't look or sound a bit like Eostre.

Based on “Pesach:”  In most of the remaining languages in countries with a Christian heritage, the name for Easter is derived from “Pesach” (“פסחא” in Hebrew) the name for Passover:  These include:

Turkish Paskalya

Based on “Resurrection”

Based on multiple names:

Other bases:

Lighten Up!

Those are also other religions that do not worship our God.  So why would you even considering how they worship their God.  They are just as wrong as the ones that worship and believe in the trinity, and all Holy Days that are not Christian at all.  The Bible does not tell us to keep Easter, but it tells us to keep the Passover.  Just because it is close to Easter does not mean now that it is Christian at all.  Maybe you need to get the “Two Babylonians” too and see all that it is written there.  And I said this before that one Easter Sunday right after we were going to leave that Church, the Pastor had everyone with Children bring their Easter Baskets to bless their Baskets….it is not just the resurrection to them, unfortunately…and as far as not keeping Easter, that would be the right thing to do… and you are not for that?  Kathi, I believe that you are still in the world, matter of speech….
    give it time as far as prostitution is concerned.  When we still attended they were talking about dancing in the Church… and some in other country, if I am not mistaken, are doing it…..just like they have excepted Gay's in Churches….when I started a Woman's Organization so long ago the subject came up, and already then some thought it was just fine to do so… the Bible teaches us t
    o give up Sin and not to except Sin…..
    Irene

God does not convict me when I celebrate the Resurrection Day with the local body of Christ and my family. Who are you to judge anyone Irene??? You are not God!

That list above is not a list of religions which you have judged as not worshiping God, it is a list of COUNTRIES and what they call the Resurrection Day in their language. You simply won't acknowledge any thing besides that which agrees with you. You have given up on churches, I haven't. Some are going the wrong way, I agree, but I think many will be steadfast and continue to seek and love God and continue to grow in wisdom and understanding and line up their beliefs as God opens them to more truth. I choose to have faith in the One who is the head of the church who will present her without blemish. God is and will always be at work within the organized church, refining her.

Did you know that Purim isn't a God established holiday but a man established holiday, so is Hanukah but do you see God condemning them…NO! Celebrating Christ's resurrection on a special day is not sin…I can't even believe any Christian would even think it.

You need to change your oxygen tank because you are breathing in and out condemnation on the churches for celebrating the Resurrection Sunday. Breathe in love and peace, patience, forbearance. Why don't you say something nice about the churches for a change? Open your eyes to see how churches are sending teams to Haiti for help after their earthquake, and missions are going all around the world to serve anyone God leads them. Many churches are feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and providing shelter for the homeless. They are trinitarian churches doing this, btw.

My friend's 20 year old has been traveling as a missionary in Europe loving people to Christ for several months now and is presently building relationships with the lost in the sex trades. Any you say that the church is heading towards having temple prostitutes?? Are you kidding me! The churches that I know are reaching out to destroy the prostitution. You are calling what is good as bad. There is a better way! Speak life, not death into the churches.

Ps 149:3
    3 Let them praise His name with dancing; Let them sing praises to Him with timbrel and lyre.
    NASU

Elizabeth
    Participant

Kathi!  I go by Scriptures and not what anyone or any Church is telling me what to… In Spirit and in Truth you should worship and not in Churches that teach a wrong doctrine like the trinity.  I am only saying what Scriptures tell me and it says that the trinity is a man made doctrine and not of God and in Math. 15:9 is what they do. So whatever you want to do I will not judge you, I wll let Scripture and Jesus do that.  We are in a Spiritual Church not built with Human hands.  
    Wether you like it or not Easter and Christmas was celebrated long before Christs birth and resurrection.  
    Peace and Love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Edj,

you wrote:

Hi LU,

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Kathi,

Why no response from you?

Ed J

They are trinitarian churches doing this, btw.

This is a vain statement. One that boasts. So, if one does these things w/o having the trinity attached to them, this establishment or individual is wrong or not doing enough.

God is and will always be at work within the organized church, refining her.

Organized church means the government is involved with the church.

Charity comes in all shapes and sizes, does not matter. Just because triads want the world to see what they are doing does not make it right. Charity is not what you make it to be.

Maybe some need additional o2, the air up their gets kinda thin.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ April 19 2010,00:10)

This is a vain statement. One that boasts. So, if one does these things w/o having the trinity attached to them, this establishment or individual is wrong or not doing enough.

Charity comes in all shapes and sizes, does not matter. Just because triads want the world to see what they are doing does not make it right. Charity is not what you make it to be.

Unfortunately some don't want to understand about what the trinity is. Satan is very busy these days. He knows he only has a few years left, before He will be bound and Christ will return…The trinity doctrine is not of God, but of man. It was again Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian who first came up with it. I said all of this before. In vain do they worship believing the doctrine and commandments of man, That is what the trinity is. Most Churches believe in that….. Ore the believe in keeping the Sabbath which is a sign between the Children of Israel and God and not of us Gentiles….No we are not the Spiritual Israel, like some might think…..
    Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 20 2010,04:13)

Unfortunately some don't want to understand about what the trinity is.  Satan is very busy these days.  He knows he only has a few years left, before He will be bound and Christ will return…The trinity doctrine is not of God, but of man.  It was again Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian who first came up with it.  I said all of this before.  In vain do they worship believing the doctrine and commandments of man,  That is what the trinity is.  Most Churches believe in that….. Ore the believe in keeping the Sabbath which is a sign between the Children of Israel and God and not of us Gentiles….No we are not the Spiritual Israel, like some might think…..
    Irene

Hi Irene,

Christ (second coming) did return on “Pentecost”. (Click Here)
    The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

Ed J

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 18 2010,04:27)

Hi Edj,

you wrote:

Hi LU,

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Kathi,

Why no response from you?

Ed J

Hi Edj,
    I looked at your verses but I haven't had time to think about this right now. Maybe soon.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ April 18 2010,08:10)

Grow up!

Quote (Lightenup @ April 20 2010,06:03)

Quote (princess of the king @ April 18 2010,08:10)

Grow up!

May the Divine inspire our understanding and our prayers ascend to the threshold of truth.

Grow in wisdom and understanding LU.

Unfortunately some don't want to understand about what the trinity is.  Satan is very busy these days.  He knows he only has a few years left, before He will be bound and Christ will return…The trinity doctrine is not of God, but of man.  It was again Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian who first came up with it.  I said all of this before.  In vain do they worship believing the doctrine and commandments of man,  That is what the trinity is.  Most Churches believe in that….. Ore the believe in keeping the Sabbath which is a sign between the Children of Israel and God and not of us Gentiles….No we are not the Spiritual Israel, like some might think…..
    Irene

Irene, the triad worshipping was long before Rome established it, or before anyone place pen to paper.

I take Sabbath, do not harbor anyone who doesn't, and enjoy time with those that do.

The days of pounding my fist, or thumping the bible are put behind me, peace is what I seek, nothing more.

It is all spiritual Irene, nothing physical about it.

Take care Irene, and say hello to georg.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus did not establish the false church.
    He is not divided but she keeps dividing.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ April 20 2010,08:12)

Irene

Irene, the triad worshipping was long before Rome established it, or before anyone place pen to paper.

I take Sabbath, do not harbor anyone who doesn't, and enjoy time with those that do.

The days of pounding my fist, or thumping the bible are put behind me, peace is what I seek, nothing more.

It is all spiritual Irene, nothing physical about it.

Take care Irene, and say hello to georg.

what are you saying, that Tertullian did not come up with it first? The first Christians did not worship in vain ,like those do now, who believe in the trinity doctrine… The first Christians died for their faith in God and Jesus……the truth will set you free and with it comes peace……the SABBATH IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR ANY OF US TODAY. tread what is that. you know we do have ABC check that you can use to spell right…..
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account