The cross….not the correct symbol for adoration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 16 2010,05:05)

Quote (Ed J @ April 15 2010,23:27)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 15 2010,08:57)

Quote (Ed J @ April 15 2010,06:58)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 14 2010,22:39)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 14 2010,14:45)

Quote (princess of the king @ April 13 2010,22:10)
    Pagan hunters, LOL I can understand why you would feel this way, some do come across a bit harsh.

The article however, does acknowledge the origins, then in turn gives Christians the authority to go ahead and celebrate. Nothing new under the sun LU.

All the same LU, it is your choice. Backing up what some church fellow tells you, is fine with me, many do this. Study and find thy self approved is also good advice.

Take Care LU, hoppy ishtar.

Ya know Princess,
    If you want to acknowledge pagan customs and give them power and control who am I to keep you.  However, Jesus really did rise from the dead and Christians celebrate the Passover by celebrating the First Fruits which is Jesus' resurrection.  Passover was a spring season event.  I am sure that satan would like to mess with Christians who celebrate Easter by associating it with ishtar but I refuse to let him have any power over the Christian's celebration.  Many countries celebrate with us and do not call it Easter in their language.  So, how can the name be related to ishtar.  The name Easter came first before the fairy tales that you want to believe in.  Easter and ishtar both have a t and a r in the word…big deal.  Easter has the word “east” and the sun rises in the east, and Jesus rose just before sunrise…hence “Easter.”  The rising of the Son!

Think lovely thoughts!  Seek God in things and think upon that which is good.  God says, “When you seek me, you'll find me when you seek me with all of your heart.”

Jer 29:13
    13 'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
    NASU

I find it strange that in fact we do celebrate the day of the pagan fertility goddess Ishtar, we call it Easter, and we make it Christian by telling ourselves we celebrate the resurrection; where in the Bible do you find the command to do that? did not Jesus command us to remember his death instead?

Georg

Hi Georg,

Are you forgetting that “The Passover” and 'easter' are celebrated “around the same time” of the “Year”?
    Acts:12:4: And when he had apprehended him, he put him (Jesus) in prison, and delivered him to four
                    quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after easter to bring him forth to the people.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed.  Not mainstream Christianity!!!! Only the Jewish People and some former W.W. Church of God do…But they also believe that you have to keep the Sabbath, which is the Old Covenant and not the New In Luke 22:20. Easter has nothing to do with Passover.  It is the command to keep Passover and not Easter.  Easter has always been Pagan…..I remember one Easter when we belonged to the Catholic Church the Priest had everyone bring their Easter Baskets so He could bless them….And watch who signs the Post, it is not Georg its Irene
    Irene

Hi Irene,

What you Posted has NOTHING to do with what I said?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed!  Only that you misquoted a Scripture…..that is why I said what I did….And are you not trying to connect the Passover with Easter?  It sounds like you keep Easter?  Do you?
    Irene

Hi Irene,

Why do you say?… 'you misquoted a Scripture'

Do you own a Strong's Concordance?
    Look up the word 'easter' in it if you do.

Do you own an AKJV Bible?
    Look up Acts.12:4 if you do.

Acts 12:4: And when he had apprehended him, he(King Herod) put him(Jesus) in prison, and delivered him to
       four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after easter to bring him(Jesus) forth to the people.
    I(Ed) do not follow pagan festival practices; BUT KING HEROD DID!

God bless
    Ed J

Elizabeth
    Participant

I do have a Concordance but the Scripture that you quoted is not what it says in my King James Bible.
    O.K. We do have a Rye Study Bible of King James and in it, it says Easter, however in the footnote it says that it is Passover. See note in Mark 14:1 And this is what it says.
    the feast of the passover is on of Israels great yearly festivals etc. since you have the same Bible then you can look it up…It just does not make sense that it would be Easter because He had risen on Easter… Passover is before the days of Unleavened Bread. And my King James says that He was kept until Passover. He died the night before the first day of Unleavened Bread, which is an Annual Sabbath Day., and after Passover. That is why they had to hurry up and put Jesus in the grave…… I have no idea why the different Bible says Easter, but it is wrong. Georg said that Acts is the only place that says Easter in that Bible. We also have James Moffatt and it says Passover. And the New International says Passover. So I have 3 that says Passover and one says Easter, but in the footnotes it says Passover. And common sense tells me that it has to be Passover. On Easter Day when Maria and Maria Magdalene come early in the morning He was not there…..He had risen from the death….
    Irene
    Irene

Elizabeth
    Participant

I do have a Concordance but the Scripture that you quoted is not what it says in my King James Bible.
    O.K. We do have a Rye Study Bible of King James and in it, it says Easter, however in the footnote it says that it is Passover.  See note in Mark 14:1  And this is what it says.
    the feast of the passover is on of Israels great yearly festivals etc.  since you have the same Bible then you can look it up…It just does not make sense that it would be Easter because He had risen on Easter…  Passover is before the days of Unleavened Bread.  And my King James says that He was kept until Passover.  He died the night before the first day of Unleavened Bread, which is an Annual Sabbath Day., and after Passover, before Sundown…   That is why they had to hurry up and put Jesus in the grave……  I have no idea why the different Bible says Easter, but it is wrong.  Georg said that Acts is the only place that says Easter in that Bible.  We also have  James Moffatt and it says Passover.  And the New International says Passover.  So I have 3 that says Passover and one says Easter, but in the footnotes it says Passover.  And common sense tells me that it has to be Passover.  On Easter Day when Maria and Maria Magdalene came early in the morning He was not there…..He had risen from the death….
    Irene

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ April 15 2010,10:37)

Pagan hunters, LOL I can understand why you would feel this way, some do come across a bit harsh.

The article however, does acknowledge the origins, then in turn gives christians the authority to go ahead and celebrate. Nothing new under the sun LU.

All the same LU, it is your choice. Backing up what some church fellow tells you, is fine with me, many do this. Study and find thy self approved is also good advice.

Ya know Princess,
    If you want to acknowledge pagan customs and give them power and control who am I to keep you.  However, Jesus really did rise from the dead and Christians celebrate the Passover by celebrating the First Fruits which is Jesus' resurrection.  Passover was a spring season event.  I am sure that satan would like to mess with Christians who celebrate Easter by associating it with ishtar but I refuse to let him have any power over the Christian's celebration.  Many countries celebrate with us and do not call it Easter in their language.  So, how can the name be related to ishtar.  The name Easter came first before the fairy tales that you want to believe in.  Easter and ishtar both have a t and a r in the word…big deal.  Easter has the word “east” and the sun rises in the east, and Jesus rose just before sunrise…hence “Easter.”  The rising of the Son!

Think lovely thoughts!  Seek God in things and think upon that which is good.  God says, “When you seek me, you'll find me when you seek me with all of your heart.”

NASU

What I do know LU, is that I do not have to defend my belief in easter as you do, so the power has been given to you.

You perhaps are one to believe that your jesus was born on December 25th. Funny, how jesus birthday is always on the same day, and easter changes year to year, why is that LU?

You make mention of east, strange, the sun rises in the east, what other god is worshiped in regards to the rising sun, perhaps Ra, the egyptian god.

Ancient practices were firmly in place before easter, christmas so forth and so on, Christians felt left out, like their god was inferior of some sort perhaps, so they had to stay in the running with the others, so copycat the festival only add their spin on it. Most indeed that is why some consider jesus to be a god also, multiple gods mean they have more power.  Can't let those pagans seem more powerful, who will fill the temple offering plate.

Most who believe that jesus is god, can understand the festivals that christians created. Most other gods needed the recognition also, mainly the followers of the god have to prove their god is the most powerful. Like I said before nothing new under the sun.

………… the children of the Father are his fragrance.

Excellent reply Princess.

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

The article however, does acknowledge the origins, then in turn gives christians the authority to go ahead and celebrate. Nothing new under the sun LU.

Ya know Princess,

NASU

I find it strange that in fact we do celebrate the day of the pagan fertility goddess Ishtar, we call it Easter, and we make it Christian by telling ourselves we celebrate the resurrection; where in the Bible do you find the command to do that? did not Jesus command us to remember his death instead?

Georg

Hi Georg,

Are you forgetting that “The Passover” and 'easter' are celebrated “around the same time” of the “Year”?
    Acts:12:4: And when he had apprehended him, he put him (Jesus) in prison, and delivered him to four
                    quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, you are the scholar, you should know that the word “Easter” was never used at that time. I'm sure you know the word came from the time the death angel “passed over” the Israelites in Egypt.
    Why not find out why “Easter” was put in the Bible.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 16 2010,14:31)

Ya know Princess,

NASU

Georg

Hi Georg,

quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, you are the scholar, you should know that the word “Easter” was never used at that time.
    I'm sure you know the word came from the time the death angel “passed over” the Israelites in Egypt.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Isn't it obvious (to you) that 'King Herod' would NOT celebrate “The Passover”? The AKJV Translators knew this FACT.
    So the AKJV translators took the liberty of using 'easter' instead of translating [πάσχα] pas-khah.
                                                                                           (The Greek for the Hebrew word [פסח] Peh-sakh).

I'm glad you knew I was “Aware” of these “FACTS”!

God bless
    Ed J

Lightenup
    Participant
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 16 2010,11:53)
    O.K. We do have a Rye Study Bible of King James and in it, it says Easter, however in the footnote it says that it is Passover.  See note in Mark 14:1  And this is what it says.
    the feast of the passover is on of Israels great yearly festivals etc.  since you have the same Bible then you can look it up…It just does not make sense that it would be Easter because He had risen on Easter…  Passover is before the days of Unleavened Bread.  And my King James says that He was kept until Passover.  He died the night before the first day of Unleavened Bread, which is an Annual Sabbath Day., and after Passover.   That is why they had to hurry up and put Jesus in the grave……  I have no idea why the different Bible says Easter, but it is wrong.  Georg said that Acts is the only place that says Easter in that Bible.  We also have  James Moffatt and it says Passover.  And the New International says Passover.  So I have 3 that says Passover and one says Easter, but in the footnotes it says Passover.  And common sense tells me that it has to be Passover.  On Easter Day when Maria and Maria Magdalene come early in the morning He was not there…..He had risen from the death….
    Irene
    Irene

Ed, read this post again, only one Bible uses Easter, all others use Passover, which should be…..
    Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 16 2010,18:39)

the feast of the passover is on of Israels great yearly festivals etc.  since you have the same Bible then you can look it up…It just does not make sense that it would be Easter because He had risen on Easter…  Passover is before the days of Unleavened Bread.  And my King James says that He was kept until Passover.  He died the night before the first day of Unleavened Bread, which is an Annual Sabbath Day., and after Passover.   That is why they had to hurry up and put Jesus in the grave……  I have no idea why the different Bible says Easter, but it is wrong.  Georg said that Acts is the only place that says Easter in that Bible.  We also have  James Moffatt and it says Passover.  And the New International says Passover.  So I have 3 that says Passover and one says Easter, but in the footnotes it says Passover.  And common sense tells me that it has to be Passover.  On Easter Day when Maria and Maria Magdalene come early in the morning He was not there…..He had risen from the death….
    Irene
    Irene

Ed, read this post again, only one Bible uses Easter, all others use Passover, which should be…..
    Irene

Hi Irene,

It's “Funny” how you would say… ' read this post again' …
    when you don't even appear to read my Posts to you! (Psalm 18:25-27)

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 16 2010,18:44)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 16 2010,18:39)

Irene
    Irene

Irene

Hi Irene,

when you don't even appear to read my Posts to you! (Psalm 18:25-27)

Ed J

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((EDIT)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Irene,

when you don't even appear to read my Posts to you and Georg! (Psalm 18:25-27)

Ed J

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 16 2010,16:22)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 16 2010,14:31)

Ya know Princess,

NASU

Georg

Hi Georg,

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, you are the scholar, you should know that the word “Easter” was never used at that time.
    I'm sure you know the word came from the time the death angel “passed over” the Israelites in Egypt.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Isn't it obvious (to you) that 'King Herod' would NOT celebrate “The Passover”? The AKJV Translators knew this FACT.
    So the AKJV translators took the liberty of using 'easter' instead of translating [πάσχα] pas-khah.
                                                                                           (The Greek for the Hebrew word [פסח] Peh-sakh).

I'm glad you knew I was “Aware” of these “FACTS”!

God bless
    Ed J

It was a guess.

Georg

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 16 2010,00:54)
    Maybe this will help:

http://www.sidroth.org/site….id=9130

That was a great link LU, thanks for putting it up. Now I know a little about the First Fruits and the One New Man. :laugh:

pagan gods and pagan customs have power when they can keep the body of Christ divided and keep them from celebrating Christ's birth and resurrection TOGETHER. God made everything good don't let fairy tales make things bad that God made good.

Phil 4:8
    8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
    NASU

God bless,
    Kathi

budhabee
    Participant

Ok hmmmm….lemmie see if I get this then…soooo….what do we do? Do we wear a STONE around our necks then? Sorry I just couldnt help it. It had to be said.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (budhabee @ April 16 2010,12:32)
    Ok hmmmm….lemmie see if I get this then…soooo….what do we do?  Do we wear a STONE around our necks then?  Sorry I just couldnt help it.  It had to be said.

budhabee,
    Don't let the 'board' lead you, let the Lord lead you.

1 Cor 6:12-14
    12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.
    13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body.
    14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power.
    NASU

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2010,03:55)

Maybe this will help:

That was a great link LU, thanks for putting it up.  Now I know a little about the First Fruits and the One New Man.  :laugh:

God bless,
    Kathi

Hi LU,

Biblical FACTS that you appear to be confused over…

1) The “Jews”(Judah) are ONLY “one” (1) of the twelve (12) tribes of ISRAEL; NOT all twelve expressed as “Jews”?

2) The Bible does NOT say that the dividing wall is between “Jew / and Gentile(Non-Jew)” ? (Eph.2:14)

3) The bible does NOT say the “New Man” is a convergence isolated to “Jew and Gentile”!

Ed J

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 16 2010,18:22)

Maybe this will help:

That was a great link LU, thanks for putting it up.  Now I know a little about the First Fruits and the One New Man.  :laugh:

God bless,
    Kathi

Hi LU,

1) The “Jews”(Judah) are ONLY “one” (1) of the twelve (12) tribes of ISRAEL; NOT all twelve expressed as “Jews”?

2) The Bible does NOT say that the dividing wall is between “Jew / and Gentile(Non-Jew)” ? (Eph.2:14)

3) The bible does NOT say the “New Man” is a convergence isolated to “Jew and Gentile”!

Ed J

EdJ,
    Here is Matthew Henry's comments on Eph.2:14.

Eph 2:14-22

The Union of Jews and Gentiles. ( A.D. 61.)

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for a habitation of God through the Spirit.

We have now come to the last part of the chapter, which contains an account of the great and mighty privileges that converted Jews and Gentiles both receive from Christ. The apostle here shows that those who were in a state of enmity are reconciled. Between the Jews and the Gentiles there had been a great enmity; so there is between God and every unregenerate man. Now Jesus Christ is our peace, v. 14. He made peace by the sacrifice of himself; and came to reconcile, 1. Jews and Gentiles to each other. He made both one, by reconciling these two divisions of men, who were wont to malign, to hate, and to reproach each other before. He broke down the middle wall of partition, the ceremonial law, that made the great feud, and was the badge of the Jews' peculiarity, called the partition-wall by way of allusion to the partition in the temple, which separated the court of the Gentiles from that into which the Jews only had liberty to enter. Thus he abolished in his flesh the enmity, v. 15. By his sufferings in the flesh, to took away the binding power of the ceremonial law (so removing that cause of enmity and distance between them), which is here called the law of commandments contained in ordinances, because it enjoined a multitude of external rites and ceremonies, and consisted of many institutions and appointments about the outward parts of divine worship. The legal ceremonies were abrogated by Christ, having their accomplishment in him. By taking these out of the way, he formed one church of believers, whether they had been Jews or Gentiles. Thus he made in himself of twain one new man. He framed both these parties into one new society, or body of God's people, uniting them to himself as their common head, they being renewed by the Holy Ghost, and now concurring in a new way of gospel worship, so making peace between these two parties, who were so much at variance before. 2. There is an enmity between God and sinners, whether Jews and Gentiles; and Christ came to slay that enmity, and to reconcile them both to God, v. 16. Sin breeds a quarrel between God and men. Christ came to take up the quarrel, and to bring it to an end, by reconciling both Jew and Gentile, now collected and gathered into one body, to a provoked and an offended God: and this by the cross, or by the sacrifice of himself upon the cross, having slain the enmity thereby. He, being slain or sacrificed, slew the enmity that there was between God and poor sinners.
    (from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, PC Study Bible Formatted Electronic Database Copyright © 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All Rights reserved.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2010,16:30)

Quote (Ed J @ April 16 2010,18:22)

Maybe this will help:

God bless,
    Kathi

Hi LU,

3) The bible does NOT say the “New Man” is isolated as a convergence between “Jew and Gentile”!

Ed J

EdJ,
    Here is Matthew Henry's comments on Eph.2:14.

Eph 2:14-22

The Union of Jews and Gentiles. ( A.D. 61.)

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;  21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for a habitation of God through the Spirit.

We have now come to the last part of the chapter, which contains an account of the great and mighty privileges that converted Jews and Gentiles both receive from Christ. The apostle here shows that those who were in a state of enmity are reconciled. Between the Jews and the Gentiles there had been a great enmity; so there is between God and every unregenerate man. Now Jesus Christ is our peace, v. 14. He made peace by the sacrifice of himself; and came to reconcile, 1. Jews and Gentiles to each other. He made both one, by reconciling these two divisions of men, who were wont to malign, to hate, and to reproach each other before. He broke down the middle wall of partition, the ceremonial law, that made the great feud, and was the badge of the Jews' peculiarity, called the partition-wall by way of allusion to the partition in the temple, which separated the court of the Gentiles from that into which the Jews only had liberty to enter. Thus he abolished in his flesh the enmity, v. 15. By his sufferings in the flesh, to took away the binding power of the ceremonial law (so removing that cause of enmity and distance between them), which is here called the law of commandments contained in ordinances, because it enjoined a multitude of external rites and ceremonies, and consisted of many institutions and appointments about the outward parts of divine worship. The legal ceremonies were abrogated by Christ, having their accomplishment in him. By taking these out of the way, he formed one church of believers, whether they had been Jews or Gentiles. Thus he made in himself of twain one new man. He framed both these parties into one new society, or body of God's people, uniting them to himself as their common head, they being renewed by the Holy Ghost, and now concurring in a new way of gospel worship, so making peace between these two parties, who were so much at variance before. 2. There is an enmity between God and sinners, whether Jews and Gentiles; and Christ came to slay that enmity, and to reconcile them both to God, v. 16. Sin breeds a quarrel between God and men. Christ came to take up the quarrel, and to bring it to an end, by reconciling both Jew and Gentile, now collected and gathered into one body, to a provoked and an offended God: and this by the cross, or by the sacrifice of himself upon the cross, having slain the enmity thereby. He, being slain or sacrificed, slew the enmity that there was between God and poor sinners.
    (from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, PC Study Bible Formatted Electronic Database Copyright © 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All Rights reserved.)

Hi LU,

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

Go back to Gen.3:15 TO SEE where “THE ENMITY” REALLY LIES!
    Eph.2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments
    contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain “ONE” New Man, so making peace;

Gen.3:15 And [I The LORD GOD=117] will put enmity between thee(Who?) and the woman[/b],
    and between thy seed(Who's seed) and her seed(Luke 8:11); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter], the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

Lightenup
    Participant

EdJ,
    Do you deny that there is/was enmity between the Jews and Gentiles?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2010,17:41)
    EdJ,

Hi LU,

Did you read my Post?

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2010,17:41)
    EdJ,

((((((((((((((((((((((((EDIT)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi LU,

Did you read ALL of my Post's?

Ed J

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account