The Creator has a Name, few know it…. do you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hiu,
    Is it inappropriate to call God “the Living One”, or something along those lines, as that is the exposition of His descriptive Name He gave us?
    The Jews substituted the Name with “Lord ” in the OT out of fear of God. Should they have done so?

david
    Participant

The Jews substituted the Name with “Lord ” in the OT out of fear of God. Should they have done so?

What do you think Nick? God has His name in the Bible 7000 times. Man substitutes His name with a title.

Nick, if you wrote a biography, a book about your life, and someone translated that book into other languages and took your name out, how would you feel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I am a Man. Do you think God is as petty as we are?

david
    Participant

Obviously not.

But is someone who writes a book about themselves petty to include their own name? The book after all is about them, right? If the book teaches us about the person and it doesn't even include their name, how much are we really going to know about them?

The Bible is inspired of God. It is God's Word. And God's name is in the Bible 7000 thousand times. The Bible is inspired of God. Put those two thoughts together Nick. The Bible is inspired of God. His name originally appeared 7000 times, FAR MORE THAN ALL OF HIS TITLES (God, lord, almighty, creator, father, etc) PUT TOGETHER! Think about that for a second. His name appeared in HIs Word more times than all his titles.

Nick, some would say:
    God's name really isn't important enough to matter.

The Bible indicates otherwise.

Jewish superstition has no bearing on the truth of the Bible.

MrBob
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 18 2005,02:59)
    . . . original Hebrew J sources translation . . .

When I saw this, I couldn't believe it. Well, actually, I did believe it, but it is still strange.

The JPED/Documentary Sources theory of the Pentateuch is one of the most atheistic of them all. The theory is that there were four different sources that make up of the Pentateuch we see today. A Google search on “JPED theory” or one of the source names (Yahwist, Elohist,etc.) should give you plenty of info.

It's sad that Eliyah and others would consult scholars and judge other beleivers.

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 11 2005,21:42)
    The Name Yah stays transliterated the same from Language to Language, as is done in other people's names today, and it is no different with the Creator's Name either.

Elijah,

The creator's name was Elohim.

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (david @ June 07 2006,01:31)

What do you think Nick?  God has His name in the Bible 7000 times.  Man substitutes His name with a title.  

Nick, if you wrote a biography, a book about your life, and someone translated that book into other languages and took your name out, how would you feel?

Hello David,

In Genesis 1:3 it says that “Elohim” said, “…….” but we eliminate his name and put “God” a title…..

Why wouldn't eliyah argue this point? He only argues for Yahweh to be God's name.

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 05 2005,03:23)
    It goes to prove that I'm not the only person who knows this truth either, which  I have investigated for the past 24 years.

Greetings Iyyob,

I have seen your name on other forums, and I think that you have also seen mine on other forums, but we have never seemed to have had a chance to speak with each other.

Maybe you can explain to some of those here concerning the importance of knowing YAHWEH and Yahshua's true Names as it is imperative for to gain salvation ( Yoel 2:32; Acts 2:21; Acts 4:10-12; Rom.10:13).

I will investigate that site you gave earlier later also.

Eliyah C.

Hello eliyah,

We see the first use of YHVH in Gen 2:4…and it is connected to Elohim….YHVH Elohim.

Gen 1:3 et al uses Elohim as God's name.   Elohim said…and then it happened.  You asked that YHVH NOT be translated as LORD as they have in almost 7,000 occasions….Why allow Elohim to be translated “God”?  It should be left alone as His name….not His title.

If YHVH is God's name what is Elohim?
    And what is YHVH Elohim Gen 2:4, if Ruach Elohim Gen 1:2 is God's Spirit? Translating it consistently would be God's YHVH.

According to you if YHVH is God's name then Elohim is His last name. :)

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 19 2005,23:29)
    Listen, I don't know what rock you came out from under, however, if your not aware of the Hebrew Mas. Texts of scriptures then maybe you should start.

here is one, however, there are several others.

http://www.yahuyahweh.org/iah/#

Hello eliyah,

I noticed you talked about the “J” not being in existence in Hebrew, how about the “W”?  It is supposed to be a “V”.  So how could you come up with Yahweh?  The vowel points in blb.org show “e” under the Y and the “o” following the H and the “a” following V making the word Yehovah.

You were so exact with everything else.

Oh, and in your philosophy where stands the (Holy) Spirit? Who/what is it?

The Professor

Arnold
    Participant

If Elijah is still around or all! I checked out some of the Scriptures to compare like Math. 4:10 compare with Deut. 6:13 and they both say LORD in capital letters….another is Math. 21:42 compare with Psalm 118:23 and again it says LORD….Georg had read somewhere that the translators did not want to use Jehovah or any other name of God and therefore used LORD for Jehovah God and Lord for Yeshua(Jesus) So what is the big deal then….. I know God and I know Jesus Christ. I have a personal relationship with them…… I talk with them like I talk to all my loved ones….They are love and in Love I will worship Jehovah God and honor Yeshua(Jesus). I remember Laura coming here also and She too thinks it is important to call them by their names…..Well, one day we will know if it is right to just call them God or Jesus….. and to that day I am forever looking forward to….Peace Irene

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 05 2010,07:04)

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 19 2005,23:29)
    Listen, I don't know what rock you came out from under, however, if your not aware of the Hebrew Mas. Texts of scriptures then maybe you should start.

here is one, however, there are several others.

http://www.yahuyahweh.org/iah/#

Hello eliyah,

I noticed you talked about the “J” not being in existence in Hebrew, how about the “W”?  It is supposed to be a “V”.  So how could you come up with Yahweh?  The vowel points in blb.org show “e” under the Y and the “o” following the H and the “a” following V making the word Yehovah.

You were so exact with everything else.

Oh, and in your philosophy where stands the (Holy) Spirit? Who/what is it?

The Professor

Did you compare those Scriptures that He gave?  I did two read my post…….Peace Irene

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ Aug. 05 2010,16:36)
    If Elijah is still around or all!   I checked out some of the Scriptures to compare like Math. 4:10 compare with Deut. 6:13 and they both say LORD in capital letters….another is Math. 21:42 compare with Psalm 118:23 and again it says LORD….Georg had read somewhere that the translators did not want to use Jehovah or any other name of God and therefore used LORD for Jehovah God and Lord for Yeshua(Jesus)  So what is the big deal then….. I know God and I know Jesus Christ.  I have a personal relationship with them…… I talk with them like I talk to all my loved ones….They are love and in Love I will worship Jehovah God and honor Yeshua(Jesus).  I remember Laura coming here also and She too thinks it is important to call them by their names…..Well, one day we will know if it is right to just call them God or Jesus….. and to that day I am forever looking forward to….Peace Irene

Hello Irene,

I was really interested in eliyah's comment….too bad he may not be here….maybe it will show up in his normal email.

I liked both Nick's and eliyah's views other than the “attitude” that eliyah portrayed.  

He made many good points and as Nick pointed out:  they are legalistic view points, missing out on the Grace of God.

I agree with you and Nick in addressing “loved ones”…in this case “Father” or “Daddy” as Jesus called Him.

I feel cheated!!!  Jesus made his Father's name known to his disciples but not us.  I have been studying the Bible some 40 + years and I haven't been able to “nail” down YHVH as God's name.  I go back and forth on how to understand it.  

If you read Gen 1:3 it says,  “…and God said”…..should be translated:  ….and Elohim said…. thereby giving the recognition that Elohim is God and sequentially giving the name of God “Elohim”. But everyone is predisposed to make YHVH God's name (like the Catholics see the Trinity in everything) and not Elohim, so there will be no reasoning with them.  

The people accept the translator's translation of  Elohim as God but reject the same translator's translation of YHVH as LORD(title)….go figure!

People are going to believe what they want to believe without any basis…that is why I was hoping for eliyah to respond….he seemed to have some foundation.

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

What do you think Nick?  God has His name in the Bible 7000 times.  Man substitutes His name with a title.  

Hello David,

Going along with your thoughts…

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it? Wouldn't you think that if it were THAT sacred then you'd only use it a couple of times and let the people call you something else like LORD or Master?

I think Nick hit it on the head and we should call God, “Father” or Abba “Daddy” like Jesus did because we are His children and are entitled to call Him that.

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 05 2010,10:22)

Hello David,

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?  Wouldn't you think that if it were THAT sacred then you'd only use it a couple of times and let the people call you something else like LORD or Master?

I think Nick hit it on the head and we should call God, “Father” or Abba “Daddy” like Jesus did because we are His children and are entitled to call Him that.

I just call Him God. I know that God is only a title and He does have another name. But there is so much confusion what that name is and can we really pronounce it correctly. For those reasons I will stick with The God of the Universe….I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Like I said before the translators only used LORD and Lord…. And that is just fine with me…
    Peace Irene

david
    Participant

Hello David,

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?  Wouldn't you think that if it were THAT sacred then you'd only use it a couple of times and let the people call you something else like LORD or Master?

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?

–dbf

It's a question I have asked myself and a question others have asked. But this is what I would say.

DBF, Yes, God's name is Sacred. God is also Sacred. Does this mean we should hide his name in the closet and perhaps we should push God to the side as well, for fear we somehow do something to offend him. (It would be safer if we never spoke of him as well.)

Did not God inspired the words written?
    Did he not inspire his name to be written 7000 times or so?
    Did those who wrote the Bible have it wrong, or did the Jews who superstitiously removed it have it wrong?

Davidbfun, how would you really feel if you wrote a book about yourself and let's say it was a best seller and translated into other languages and when it was translated, people took your name out (out of respect or honor) and replaced it with a title? How would you really feel?

God's name, just like most words are translated differently and pronounced differently in every language. It seems the pronunciation isn't as important as knowing he has a name and using whatever name is common in the language you speak.

In the Bible, Jehovah is called “Father” a very small fraction of the amount that he is called by his name. Yes, we of course should call him Father. But Jesus said that he made his father's name known. Understand that the Greek was written on a material that didn't last nearly as long as the Heb scritpures and in Greek, we only have copies of copies. We KNOW for a certainty, that people removed God's name thousands of times from the Heb scriptures. But because we do not have the originals in Greek, we cannot know that 100% but do you not think it likely?

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 06 2010,01:41)

Hello David,

If God's name is YHVH and it is so sacred, why repeat it over 7,000 times and not know how to pronounce it?

–dbf

It's a question I have asked myself and a question others have asked.  But this is what I would say.

DBF, Yes, God's name is Sacred.  God is also Sacred.  Does this mean we should hide his name in the closet and perhaps we should push God to the side as well, for fear we somehow do something to offend him.  (It would be safer if we never spoke of him as well.)

Did those who wrote the Bible have it wrong, or did the Jews who superstitiously removed it have it wrong?

Davidbfun, how would you really feel if you wrote a book about yourself and let's say it was a best seller and translated into other languages and when it was translated, people took your name out (out of respect or honor) and replaced it with a title?  How would you really feel?

God's name, just like most words are translated differently and pronounced differently in every language.  It seems the pronunciation isn't as important as knowing he has a name and using whatever name is common in the language you speak.

In the Bible, Jehovah is called “Father” a very small fraction of the amount that he is called by his name.  Yes, we of course should call him Father.  But Jesus said that he made his father's name known.  Understand that the Greek was written on a material that didn't last nearly as long as the Heb scritpures and in Greek, we only have copies of copies.  We KNOW for a certainty, that people removed God's name thousands of times from the Heb scriptures.  But because we do not have the originals in Greek, we cannot know that 100% but do you not think it likely?

Hello David,

Just one question….What name did Jesus make known?

It had to be a name that wasn't used before. If they used it before, they would've KNOWN it.

The Professor

shimmer
    Participant

davidbfun that's a good question, what was the name Jesus made known –
    I was always wondering what name to use, after years iv come to just Father and Lord.

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ Aug. 05 2010,18:41)

Hello David,

I just call Him God.  I know that God is only a title and He does have another name.  But there is so much confusion what that name is and can we really pronounce it correctly.  For those reasons I will stick with The God of the Universe….I don't think there is anything wrong with that.  Like I said before the translators only used LORD and Lord…. And that is just fine with me…
    Peace  Irene

Hi Irene,

Look at Gen 1:3 “Elohim” said, “….” or word for word it is:

Then said Elohim be light and was light.

If Elohim is speaking that is His name.  And we know the Creator is God.

If people deny Elohim is God's name and say Elohim is God, then that stops the argument too.  

Then there is always the problem that people call YHVH God but translators say YHVH is LORD, which we accept. And when YHVH is referred to as YHVH Elohim that means Elohim's YHVH (YHVH of Elohim)….meaning YHVH is a part of Elohim and not the other way around.  Also Ruach Elohim means Elohim's Spirit (Spirit of God).

Thus if YHVH (LORD) is a name then Ruach (Spirit) is a name, too. And they both are of “God” (Elohim). So, here we have it, THREE names for our one word GOD.  Elohim = YHVH and Spirit.  YHVH is the name of the male essence of Elohim and Spirit is the female essence's name.  Which is logical.

If I want to know that I am addressing the god with the TWO essences, I call Him “Elohim” (God Most High (Title)).  

If I want to address the male essence I call Him “YHVH” or “El” (Title) or “Father” (Title) or “King” (Title) or “Priest” (Title).  

If I want to address the female essence of Elohim I call Her “Spirit” (we call Her “The Holy Spirit”).

To preclude any confusion I could also say YHVH Elohim and know that I am talking specifically about the male essence YHVH.  Or Ruach Elohim to  talk about the female essence.

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 06 2010,07:42)
    davidbfun that's a good question, what was the name Jesus made known –
    I was always wondering what name to use, after years iv come to just Father and Lord.

Shimmer,

I agree.  I  pray “Dear Father” thank you…. or Dear Jesus (Lord)

I call Jesus “Lord” because he bought me when I was a slave, to sin (dead)….and he gave me life….

I acknowledge that he is my brother, but I never call him so.  I know he is my Savior, and that he is the Mediator between us and God and still I call him Jesus or Lord.

I know that Jesus' Jewish name is Yahshua but I still use Jesus, will I still be saved or not?  According to an eliyah that I was reading yesterday, I may not be saved because I am not verbalizing the proper name.

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 05 2010,17:41)
    Hello David,

Hi David,

HolyCityBibleCode (Click Here for more)

God’s Name (יהוה) is written EXACTLY 6823 times in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts. See how
    The Gematria Value of Ιησους Χριστоς=2368 Ē-Ā-Soos Chrĭstŏs (Jesus Christ in Greek)
    resembles the number of times God’s Name is used in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts.

6823 is the 877th prime number in a long list of primes starting with two (2).
    Now this might not seem significant until you realize that the number 877
    is the 151st prime number. This number 151 shows “Unity” in Spirit.

YHVH GOD is One=151 (Deut.6:4 / Eph.4:6)

The LORD JEHOVAH=151 (Isaiah 12:2, 26:4)
    LORD of Hosts=151 (AKJV Bible)
    Jesus Christ=151 (New Testament)
    Holy Spirit=151 (Old & New Testament)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account