The Creator has a Name, few know it…. do you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    I prefer to mine the the pure ore to trying to understand your gleanings.

Eliyah
    Participant

Those scriptures in the gospel topic is not my gleanings as you call it, they are all the commandments of Yah as those are His will for man and the whole duty of man and I'm not going to argue with you concerning clear scriptural commands which you prefer to ignore.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Heb 23.12
    ” Take care, brethren, lest there be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart, in falling away from the living God. But encourage one another daily as long as it is still called “today” lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we ahve become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end”
    So what is the strength? Faith.
    What is the enemy? Doubt.

That is why we beseech all to be reconciled with God in the way he demands and then encourage those who walk in the Spirit.

Eliyah
    Participant

lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Now what exactly is the scriptural definition of SIN ?

…for sin is the transgression of the Law( 1 John 3:4).

… for sin is lawlessness( 1 John 3:4).

“” lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin or LAWLESSNESS “”

“” For this IS THE LOVE( the will ) OF ( Hebrew El) Yah that we keep His Commandments( 1 John 5:3)””.

Do you really have and do THE LOVE AND WILL OF El( Yah) if you do not perform and establish the Law( Rom.3:31) through faith in Him and Messiah ?

Paul asked and said, “” Do we then make VOID the law through faith ? El ( Yah) FORBID: yea we ESTABLISH THE LAW( Rom.3:31).””

Yet some people must think that faith does make void the law, and John calls them liars that do such sin or lawlessness and children of the devil( 1 John 3:8).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Is it not wonderful we have an advocate who can speak to the Father in our defence?[1Jn 2.1]

Eliyah
    Participant

Is it not wonderful we have an advocate who can speak to the Father in our defence?[1Jn 2.1]

Yes IF we sin or commit lawlessness through ignorance without repentance, however, if we wilfully and knowingly sin or commit lawlessness ( Heb.10:26) AFTER you learn knowledge of the truth, then there remains no more sacrifice( by Messiah) for those wilful sins or lawlessnesses.

The Messiah's sacrifice will not pay for knowing and willfully committed sin or lawlessness, that one commits AFTER that person has learned the knowledge of the TRUTH concerning those sins or acts of lawlessness.

If the true spirit and mind of El ( Yah ) is in a person, will that person wilfully and knowingly commit sin or lawlessness( Heb.10:26; 1 John 3:4) to El ( Yah's ) own Commandments, AFTER they have learned the knowledge of the truth ?

Doesn't the spirit and mind of El ( Yah ) show you the truth so you will not commit wilful sins or acts of lawlessnesses against Yah's Commandments ?

Think about it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    You really seem to get stuck in a groove do you not? You define sin and lawlessness according to your views and then try to force these views down everybody's throats. You really need to lighten up and realise the Saviour brought a good news message and not your doom and gloom miseries.

Eliyah
    Participant

What does the scriptural post above have to do with doom and gloom, do you see the words doom and gloom in a post talking about the spirit fulfilling Yah's Commands?

If you do, then you must be filled with something else besides the spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Eliyah,
    Should I have said sin, judgement and condemnation?
    Do you know joy and peace and love?

trettep
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2005,07:32)
    Hi eliyah,
    You really seem to get stuck in a groove do you not? You define sin and lawlessness according to your views and then try to force these views down everybody's throats. You really need to lighten up and realise the Saviour brought a good news message and not your doom and gloom miseries.

Eliyah defined sin just as the scripture has it. Sin is the transgression of the law.

Eliyah, I have been watching this debate. You acknowledge that we are not to sin. I agree. Another sin is to quarrel. When debate become such it become sin.

In understanding the law one should consider a speed limit law for example. The intent of the speed limit law is to reduce injury and death on the highways. That intent would be the Spirit of the Speed limit law. The letter of the speed limit law is something like thou shall not go over 55 miles per hour. So if one is driving in their car and a truck tire comes off and is rapidly rolling towards them and that person in the car decides to break the letter to keep from being injured then they fullfill the intent of the law even though they broke the letter of the law.

Paul says that by Faith we establish the Law. What Paul is saying is similiar to my analogy above. That if we walk in the Spirit we establish the law because we achieve the purpose behind the letter. To give you an idea of what the Pharisees did wrong – consider again the speed limit law above. The Pharisees would have considered the one that broke the letter guilty even though they fulfilled the intent of the law (Spirit). They would have had no mercy. This is what is meant when Jesus said to think not that He came to abolish the law but that He came to fullfill the law. This is what Jesus did. Now the letter of the law is for those under sin – again its sin that is the transgression of the law. But this doesn't mean that Jesus got rid of sin – if it did that would mean that anyone could do anything and not sin. Additionally, why would anyone need to be washed by Jesus blood if sin was done away with. Its by Faith in Jesus blood that one can be saved.

I hope that everyone understands this as its an important topic. Those that are to take part in the first resurrection are to be kings and priests.

Paul

Eliyah
    Participant

trettep,

Eliyah defined sin just as the scripture has it. Sin is the transgression of the law.

Eliyah, I have been watching this debate. You acknowledge that we are not to sin. I agree. Another sin is to quarrel. When debate become such it become sin.

I agree, and i'm not going to argue with people concerning plain simple statements of scriptures, however, others want to argue and strive against exact scriptural verses as is written themselves, then, they will accuse me and saying it is my interpretation.

Well, I believe the scriptures as is written, and I do not believe what I assume and think in my mind but about what the scriptures say, as those in religious denominations do to their own destruction.

Ps, that was a very good example you gave above.

Eliyah
    Participant

To Iyyob,

I do not agree with Israel Hawkins assumptions concerning the original Hebrew titles of El, Eloah, Elohim written by Moshea( Moses) in the Torah, and I shall show you and dis-prove Hawkins assumptions.

Question,

Think a minute. What language did the Hebrews speak before coming into the Promised Land ?

It was Hebrew, not Canaanite! Moses wrote the first five books of the Scriptures BEFORE Israel even approached the Promised Land of Canaan because he died before Joshua led Israel in, (Joshua 1:2). Moses was barred from entering, and therefore could not have been influenced by the Canaanites when he used the Hebrew terms El and Elohim in the Torah.

Now does taking a word that is from the start right, good, and proper, then perverting it and making it a common thing – does that make the word itself sinful? Does not man pervert, besmirch, smear, befoul, corrupt, and tarnish EVERY good thing he touches?

To take a title and apply this title to a pagan deity does not of itself make the title sinful. Man defiles virtually all that is good. Given the change he will even corrupt Yahweh's own Name! Would that mean we should not call on Yahweh by His Name? Does applying the term “Sabbath” to Sunday “dirty” the seventh-day Sabbath?

Just because some have misused Scripture to uphold false worship does not mean that we throw the Scriptures out! The same holds true for “El”, “Eloah”, and “Elohim”. Yahweh Himself used or influenced writers to use elohim in reference to pagan “deities” (Ex. 12:12, 20:3; Lev. 19:4). Yet, He still sanctifies the title for Himself. If it is okay with Him, it has to be acceptable for our use.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are the oldest Biblical manuscript texts in existence today. In his book, The Temple Scroll, Vol. 2, editor Yigael Yadin reconstructs the Book of Deuteronomy from the Scrolls' Hebrew text. Throughout this Deuteronomic Hebrew we find the word Elohim used. Remember, the Scrolls are the OLDEST extant Bible manuscripts and they use El and Elohim (for several examples, see Yadin's “The Temple Scroll, Column LIV, Deut. 13:3, p.401).

Moshea( Moses) was not allowed to enter the promised land, which YHWH wrote the Torah through him BEFORE even comimg to the promised land, did Moshea( Moses) aquire the Hebrew titles of El, Elohim from pagans prior to coming to the promised land ?

Well, that is one of the precise assumption that Hawkins is making, however, I do agree concerning the English word “” G-d “” as used in (Isayah 65:11), for it is the title of the Babylonian deity of fortune.

However, it is pure assumption on Hawkins part concerning the Hebrew titles of El, Eloah, Elohim, because Moshea was NOT ALLOWED INTO THE LAND OF CANAAN( Joshua 1:2), and therefore could not have aquired pagan influence from the Canaanites when writing the Torah.

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If two men called George were walking together and they met a mutual friend who turned to one and said “Hi George” would there be any problems establishing who he was trying to communicate with?
    If he had a French or German accent would that be an issue?
    God is not as fastidious as eliyah would have us believe.
    He knows us and knows when we turn to Him.

Eliyah
    Participant

Car le Pere Yah est, non pas de desordre, mais de paix.

Compres?

NickHassan
    Participant

J'aime mon Pere.

Eliyah
    Participant

Moi Ausis, oui

Eliyah
    Participant

The Name Yah stays transliterated the same from Language to Language, as is done in other people's names today, and it is no different with the Creator's Name either.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 11 2005,03:16)
    Hi,
    If two men called George were walking together and they met a mutual friend who turned to one and said “Hi George” would there be any problems establishing who he was trying to communicate with?
    If he had a French or German accent would that be an issue?
    God is not as fastidious as eliyah would have us believe.
    He knows us and knows when we turn to Him.

Hi,
    Yes, but only if one of those called George was blind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 11 2005,03:42)
    The Name Yah stays transliterated the same from Language to Language, as is done in other people's names today, and it is no different with the Creator's Name either.

Hi eliyah
    Abaddon[Hebrew}=Apollyon[greek]….Rev9

Eliyah
    Participant

The issue is not about if Father Yah knows you, because IF you truely know Him personally then you will know and acknowledge Him by the Name He chose to be called by too.

Children when they grow up learn their Father's family name, for that is the name that others know them by personally, or would you rather people called you ” Hick or Bic Husane “, instead of Nick Hassan ?

Your argument is absurd when viewed in the light.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account