The carnal mind

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

nick…what scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The one that says SPIRIT IS INTELLECT

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2008,05:11)
    What Paul  it would be impossible to restore them to repentance (IF) they fell away.  And then later he says he is (confident of Better things concerning them) To deny their ability to remain faithful would be to deny the Grace of God Himself .

Heb 6:9-12

9 Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case — things that accompany salvation. 10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
    NIV

Verse 11 says that they need to show this same diligence to the very end in order to make their hope sure. This means that it is still possible for them to fall away due to a lack of love [which produces diligence. Kinda like faith working through love. :) ]

My take on this is that by their love and their actions, Paul was confident that they would stay the course and receive salvation, however it was possible for them to fall away or else he would not have told them to “show the same diligence to the very end” and he definitely would not use the phrase, “in order to make your hope sure.” [if their hope was already sure]

Matt 10:21-23
    22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    NIV

Matt 24:12-14
    12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    NIV

Mark 13:13
    13 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    NIV

We have to stand firm to the end

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shania….I totally agree with what you are saying we need to stand firm unto the end and true faith will produce that firmness in us. But to think we are all ready to just loose our salvation any second and go around scarred half to death is far from what i read in the Gospel and in the word of Jesus who spoke with great confidence and faith in the Fathers ability to save him and raise him from the dead, I don't see this great fear in Him did you, either our Salvation is real or not and where does it say it's all up to us if that were the case we would all fail because we all still sin at times but the GRACE of GOD moves us to repent and we don't practice those things But God GRACE drives us forward to salvation, for it is God who works n us (BOTH) to WILL and DO of HIS GOOD PLEASURE> we either believe that or not. Let Faith be your driving force that keep you going forward, For without faith it is impossible to please GOD. For all that comes to him must believe that he is and a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM> (Fear not) little sheep it is your Fathers good pleasure to give you the kingdom.:)

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen brother Gene,
    I only want to add the word “love” here if we have love towards our heavenly Father we will walk in His foot steps which Jesus our master shown to us.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam….> yes love God, what you truly Love you will hang on to. The simple definition of the word love is what you want to keep, God so loved the world He gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes on him should not parish. God is love.

peace to you…..gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ July 10 2008,18:10)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2008,05:11)
    What Paul  it would be impossible to restore them to repentance (IF) they fell away.  And then later he says he is (confident of Better things concerning them) To deny their ability to remain faithful would be to deny the Grace of God Himself .

Heb 6:9-12

9 Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case — things that accompany salvation. 10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
    NIV

Verse 11 says that they need to show this same diligence to the very end in order to make their hope sure.  This means that it is still possible for them to fall away due to a lack of love [which produces diligence.  Kinda like faith working through love. :) ]

My take on this is that by their love and their actions, Paul was confident that they would stay the course and receive salvation, however it was possible for them to fall away or else he would not have told them to “show the same diligence to the very end” and he definitely would not use the phrase, “in order to make your hope sure.”  [if their hope was already sure]

Matt 10:21-23
    22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    NIV

Matt 24:12-14
    12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    NIV

Mark 13:13
    13 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    NIV

We have to stand firm to the end

Amen…God's grace is stronger than our flesh..but if we choose to not humble ourselves under his might hand…flesh can temporarily or even permanently take over

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is love.
    Love is not of ourselves but is of grace.

Cato
    Participant

We all should be reminded that flesh is not evil, it is merely unruly. Flesh to keep itself intact has certain preprogrammed attributes such as need for food, aversion to pain, desire for survival and desire for sex to propagate itself. These may be linked to the more primitive areas of the brain, they help keep us alive. The whole problem is when we allow this part of our nature to dominate to higher more spiritual aspects of our being. The body is the vehicle of our spirit when we incarnate in this world, the primitive or carnal mind, helps to keep us aware of the bodies needs in order to function properly. Our failings occur when we allow this awareness to overrule and drive the vehicle rather then advise. The vehicle is meant to serve the spirit not the other way around which then causes so many of mankind's excesses and problems.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Cato,
    I agree with you on 'flesh is not evil'. But what about this 'incarnation' you are talking about?

Cato
    Participant

I believe our bodies are just clothes our spirits wear in order to interact with the physical world. I don't believe that our spirits are created at the same time as our bodies, but before, and then we are sent to this plane and take on flesh or incarnate, for the purposes of evolution, education, advancement, or in more advanced souls to teach and be an example. The flesh is meant to serve not be served, it requires discipline, yet it also requires care for an abused servant is a poor servant.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Cato,
    Thanks for your response. So you believe that our spirits are created long back before our actual birth in our parents. But any scriptural proof for such beliefs? I believe that our flesh certainly plays a role in our lives here on earth in wich we can glorify God or glorify sin. I don't see any incarnation of spirits in Bible. Can you please quote some verses for that?
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Thank you also suggesting we should base our understandings on scripture and not just logic and opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some claim to have shed this but refuse the teachings of Jesus.
    Can this be?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The carnal mind remains the biggest obstruction to the development of the sons of God.
    Refusal to submit to scripture as truth places the sacred teachings of God as equal only to man's.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Transformation of the ignorant and rebellious natural mind according to the word is the plan of God.
    Sadly scripture is more often used to glorify the ideas of men

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Once you have gone through the gate submit your mind to the Lord.
    Ask for wisdom as it is given to all who ask[jas 1]
    The Word is the wisdom of God.[lk 11.49]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is home base for the kingdom of darkness=the carnal minds of men.
    Only those who realise they have been overcome from within and desperately want freedom accept the terms of God=sinners.

The terms are total surrender and obedience and that is an unpopular call amongst the “righteous”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    .Romans 1:21
    For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

.2 Corinthians 10:5
    We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

.1 Timothy 1:4
    nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith.

.2 Timothy 2:23
    But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Satan can present himself as an angel of light.

Some do not see him at all.

They blame the weak human vessel for all the misery on earth.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account