The bible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 09 2007,22:19)

Quote (kejonn @ Dec. 10 2007,14:33)
    What is the true “word of God” to you Nick?

kejonn I thought you got lost?

Don't know quite what that post is supposed to mean, but I still lurk here from time to time. Been busy getting a front end for my site and other things.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,17:38)
    Hi Stu,
    Do we have more chromosomes than you do?

Hi Nick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki….ganisms

has a list of numbers of chromosomes for selected animals. You will note that all the great apes on the list, and other primates, have 24 pairs of chromosomes. Human apes have 23 pairs. One of our human chromosomes, chromosome no.2, has resulted from the fusion of two chromosomes that were separate in our ancestors. You can tell that has happened because the DNA on the ends of a chromosome and the DNA in the middle are characteristically different from the rest of the DNA. All our chromosomes have one middle and two ends, except no.2 which has two middles and four ends. So while our cousin apes have a different chromosome number, the difference is trivial.

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick Here you go. Like I said be careful.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 10 2007,19:14)
    Nick Here you go. Like I said be careful.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Good grief!

What is your problem? How many chromosomes do you have? How many does a chimpanzee or a bonobo have? Does your bible tell you that our method of counting chromosomes is wrong as well? Is there no such thing as a fact unless it is listed in one of the testaments?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Do you exist?
    Why should we believe you exist?
    There is considerably more evidence that God exists than that you do.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 10 2007,14:42)
    Hi Stu,
    Do you exist?

I'll have to disagree with this statement. Why? Because if you ask God if He exists you probably won't get a visual or audible response in the form of sentences and paragraphs while Stu will be able to respond to you in such a fashion. So sorry that was not a good question IMHO.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    We only have some emails that claim the existence of Stu.
    The answers that God is real are written in the sky and the birds and the stars and the gentle breezes.

david
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Do you exist?

1. No man has ever seen God.
    2. No man has ever seen evolution.

You can argue that there is proof for each. You can put your faith in each.

Since this thread is about the Bible, why don't I give one instance where I think the Bible makes a strong claim that it is from God.

Regarding Babylon: “She will never be inhabited.” (Is 13:19,20)

That's a bold statement. To predict permanent desolation for a sprawling city occupying a strategic location!
    You would normally expect a city would be rebuilt if ruined. Isaiah's words eventually came true. Today, the site of ancient Babylon “is flat, hot, deserted and dusty,” reports Smithsonian Magazine.

The equivelent would be predicting the exact manner in which a modern city, such as London, would be destoryed 200 years from now and then emphatically stating that it would never again be inhabited!

Of course, if the Bible made such predictions in large numbers and some came true and some didn't, it would just be a matter of letting people see the positive and ignoring the negative. But the Bible does not make such predictions about other cities.

Over and over I see things like this that make me wonder if this is why 40% of Scientists although believing in evolution also cling to their belief in God. They have to believe in evolution to be accepted. They don't have to believe in God. Yet, many do.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 11 2007,07:42)
    Hi Stu,
    Do you exist?

Especially since you can't see Him.
    Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 10 2007,15:55)
    Hi KJ,
    We only have some emails that claim the existence of Stu.
    The answers that God is real are written in the sky and the birds and the stars and the gentle breezes.

While I agree that creation is the response of the Creator, the same could be said of any single one of us on here as you said about Stu. For awhile when I first came here I thought CultBuster was a bot but he actually addressed folks from time to time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    That is the point.
    Men are so egocentric.
    Vainly believing in themselves and their perceptions.

Stu
    Participant

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I think therefore I am!

Hi David

Except Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, seventy of the elders of Israel, Manoah and his wife, Job and Isaiah.

Unless you have no plantaris muscle, you are yourself a transitional evolutionary form in the loss of the function of this vestigial item that is still essential for our ape cousins. Just look at the back of your leg between your ankle and your knee to see evolution in action.

Have a look here also, at evolution that has occurred within a lifetime. The linked abstract describes the bacterium sphingomonas chlorophenolica that has learned (by naturally selected mutations) how to digest, possibly for food, pentachorophenol, a toxic synthetic compound that did not exist in the environment 100 years ago.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites….=google

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Actually, evolution on a micro scale occurs quite frequently. The easiest example is the various bacterias and viruses that mutate in order to overcome the latest drug developed to combat them.

kejonn
    Participant

In fact, our own bodies can show signs of micro evolution. For example, my son takes allergy shots to aid in the ability of his body to resist these allergies. How do you think this takes place? Our bodies immune system is a great example of micro evolution.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 11 2007,17:02)

Hi David

Except Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, seventy of the elders of Israel, Manoah and his wife, Job and Isaiah.

Unless you have no plantaris muscle, you are yourself a transitional evolutionary form in the loss of the function of this vestigial item that is still essential for our ape cousins.  Just look at the back of your leg between your ankle and your knee to see evolution in action.  

Have a look here also, at evolution that has occurred within a lifetime.  The linked abstract describes the bacterium sphingomonas chlorophenolica that has learned (by naturally selected mutations) how to digest, possibly for food, pentachorophenol, a toxic synthetic compound that did not exist in the environment 100 years ago.

Stuart

Hi,
    If immunisation was an example of evolution then survival advantages would accrue to offspring.
    They do not.
    Plantaris is a vestigial muscle in the leg. In what way does this prove we derive from animals in which it is not vestigial?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Dec. 12 2007,00:10)
    In fact, our own bodies can show signs of micro evolution. For example, my son takes allergy shots to aid in the ability of his body to resist these allergies. How do you think this takes place? Our bodies immune system is a great example of micro evolution.

Hi kejonn

What is microevolution?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2007,05:11)

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 11 2007,17:02)

Hi David

Unless you have no plantaris muscle, you are yourself a transitional evolutionary form in the loss of the function of this vestigial item that is still essential for our ape cousins.  Just look at the back of your leg between your ankle and your knee to see evolution in action.  

Have a look here also, at evolution that has occurred within a lifetime.  The linked abstract describes the bacterium sphingomonas chlorophenolica that has learned (by naturally selected mutations) how to digest, possibly for food, pentachorophenol, a toxic synthetic compound that did not exist in the environment 100 years ago.

Stuart

Hi,
    If immunisation was an example of evolution then survival advantages would accrue to offspring.
    They do not.
    Plantaris is a vestigial muscle in the leg. In what way does this prove we derive from animals in which it is not vestigial?

Re immunisation: Neither natural nor artificial immunity are passed on, but the capacity to produce the immunity is. Every generation must be innoculated against poliomyelitis. That is not to say that we could not evove an inbuilt immunity. An interesting example is sickle cell anaemia.

The plantaris muscle does not prove anything. However, the evidence points directly at common descent and there are countless supporting facts like it. What model do you propose for vestigial structures that have no use in humans but an important function in the equivalent structure in other great apes?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Does immunisation confer some new ability to the human body?
    No it makes use of a current ability.

The evidence may point in certain directions for devotees of Darwin's theory but not all.

Sickle cell disease does offer certain advantages in resistance to certain other diseases but that would not seem to be a positive thing for the race.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I admire faith.
    I admire the honest search for truth.
    Good science is based on proven established facts.
    But this so called science is bad science as it has no proven facts.
    Instead presumption and inference is offered as a basis for knowledge.
    Presumption is an embarrassingly bad basis for this poor example of science.
    Evolution teaching gives science a bad name.
    Sad for those who are honest.

david
    Participant

–david

“No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.” (John 1:18)
    And theres a bunch of other scriptures that make it obvious that people weren't actually seeing the person of God himself, but usually angelic representatives.

But, apparently, Stu believes that some people did actually see him:

Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, seventy of the elders of Israel, Manoah and his wife, Job and Isaiah.

–stu

Anyway, as I was saying, no man has actually seen God himself. And of course, stu believes this as well.
    And to my knowledge no one has seen evolution either. Yes, stu can point to an instant of time or a bone or muscle and say that it is evidence of evolution, but the word evolution itself means “slow change.” When I look at my leg, I see no change, obviously.
    So again, no man has seen God and no man has seen evolution. We can both point to reasons we believe these are the cause of existence, but we cannot point and say: “Look, there it is.”

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account