The arian dissenters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 658 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 20 2010,12:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 19 2010,09:27)
    t8

Lets be honest here t8.

You say you also worship the Son!

Do you have two definitions for the word “Worship”? Can you see those two definitions in Revelations where the Father and Jesus are being worshipped and praised simultaneously?

Blessings WJ

WJ.

It is simple, just like believing that there is one God the Father.

Worship and honour are the same word.

I honour/worship God as God and Jesus as the son of God and the lamb of God.

Matthew 14:33
    Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Revelation 7:9-11
    9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:
      “Salvation belongs to our God,
      who sits on the throne,
      and to the Lamb.” 11 All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:
      “Amen!
      Praise and glory
      and wisdom and thanks and honor
      and power and strength
      be to our God for ever and ever.
      Amen!”

Hi T8,

Isn't it funny how they keep arguing over the same garbage
        over and over and over again and again and again.

First: [יהוה] YÄ-hä-vā translates directly into English as YHVH. (AKJV Bible: JEHOVAH)
    Secondly: [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă translates directly into English as Joshua. (AKJV Bible: Jesus)

[אדני] Âdônây in Hebrew means: “Lord” or “Owner” and is akin to
    [Κύριος] kü-rē-ŏs in Greek meaning “The Same”: “Lord” or “Owner”

They CANNOT argue with this “Bible Truth”! (LORD: means Owner)
    I will orchestrate my explanation around the term “Owner”.
    The AKJV Bible uses: Lord for [יהשוע] and LORD for [יהוה].

The names have been changed to protect the innocent! (Acts.18:15)
    In the red corner it's “The Trinitarian” VERSUS “The non-Trinitarians”
    in the blue corner: in a nonsensical useless battle over word structures.

This nonsensical fight is merely over word structures like master, king, Lord, Creator and God.
    I will illustrate just how ridiculous their fight is: it's like the Abbot and Costello skit: who's on first!
    I will illustrate my point using the term “Owner”, because this word adds clarity that the others lack.

The Trinitarians say: Jesus is “The Owner”.
    The non-Trinitarians reply: Jesus is NOT “The Owner”, Jesus' Father is “The Owner”!

The Same issue: A Closer Examination

Technically Jesus is: “owner” but NOT “THE OWNER”!
    This can be clearly seen and understood using the word “Owner”!

Jehovah is “The Owner” and Jesus is The Son of “The Owner”.
    Jehovah CANNOT DIE, so Jehovah will ALWAYS remain “The Owner”!
    A Son can 'only' become become fully “The Owner” if the Parent dies,
    which in JEHOVAH's case cannot happen; because GOD CANNOT DIE!

Now Change The Word, (Ha Ha Ha, ha ha ha) GET IT; That's exactly what both sides are doing!
    They change “THE WORD” with useless substitutes like [†] master, King, Lord, Creator and God.
    In this matter “The Word”(HolySpirit) is clear! 1Thess.4:8 He therefore that despiseth,
    Here despiseth not man, but GOD, who hath also given unto us HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2010,15:45)
    Hi TT,
    Are you really hoping your weak logic will stand in the end against the powerful word of God?
    wake up.

Nick,

t8 said that the words worship and honor are the same word. t8 is correct and he gave WJ a wide opening when he admitted it.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

ED J said to t8:

to All,

It's funny how ED J keeps giving his numbers garbage over and over and over again when no one gives a hoot.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 20 2010,09:29)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 20 2010,06:45)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 18 2010,22:10)
    Hey Wj,

I am consistent with the word worship, and I know that while giving praise, honor and glory are a part of worship, they are not in and of themselves necessarily worship.

Mike

Are you consistent?

Then why don't you worship Jesus like Jesus said to worship the Father in John 4:24?

They are the same word you know?

Blessings WJ

Wj, is this a trick question?

Because he is not God Almighty, that's why.

What are the same word?

Peace and love,
    mike

Mike,

This thread is all about Revelation 5:13. It says that the Lamb is worthy to receive “power” with the Father. If this is not “almighty” power and what is it?

And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

“ Blessing and honor and glory and power
         Be to Him who sits on the throne,
         And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

It does not say that the  Lamb receives less power does it?

Revelation 5:13 testifies that both the Lamb and the Father receive [almighty] power!

Think man think!

thinker

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 20 2010,03:26)
    Hi T8,

Ed

It doesn't get any circular than this!

How many times have we seen you post the “Exact same numbers” and making the same points over and over again on this board!  :D

You speak to t8 like he or you do not particpate in the arguments!

Do you see your bias to the truth?

I think it is funny how you guys avoid the points we make like show me how the word “Worship” in scripture has a different meaning for the Father and Jesus.

Or show us one NT example of any other recieving this worship!

Instead of engaging just make ridiculous claims and patronize!

WEAK!!!

Blessings WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 20 2010,21:09)

Revelation 5:13 testifies that both the Lamb and the Father receive [almighty] power!

Think man think!

Hey Thinker,

You ignored my post in your testator topic.  So I'll throw it in your face again.

Hi tt,

Paul was saying Jesus remembered us in his will, leaving us an inheritance.  Anyone in Jerusalem who left a will was a testator.  Don't make more out of the word than what is there.

And Israel had many “saviors”.  King Saul “saved” Israel from the Philistines.  The angels God sent that wiped out 185,000 troops for Hezekiah (?) was a savior.  And if you turn one person to God in your life, you too are a savior.

And I'm almost positive somewhere it says King David was a shepard of Israel.

So once more, it is GOD'S new covenant and Jesus was the sacrificial lamb to cement the contract.  Jesus never said I am making a new covenant with Israel.  The new covenant with “spiritual Israel” (God's new chosen people since the Jews disowned Jesus) is between God and his chosen.  Jesus was the sacrifice and is now the mediator between the chosen and God.  And the Holy Spirit by the way is also a mediator between us and God, but that doesn't make the Holy Spirit Jesus, just because there are more than one mediator.

That's how I understand it, anyway.

Try not to get too hung up on a single word.  You act like if someone called God “cool”, then anyone else called cool is God.

Peace and love,
    Mike

If someone has BLANK, it must be God's BLANK.

Now insert any word for the word “blank” in the above sentence, and you have The Thinker's logic.

Try some words: power, honor, glory, life , arms, truck….

Come on man – YOU think.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2010,03:20)
    I think it is funny how you guys avoid the points we make like show me how the word “Worship” in scripture has a different meaning for the Father and Jesus.

Hey Keith,

I think the same thing about you, tt and ca.

Every time I show you what you ask, you act like you skipped right over my post and start responding to other ones.

So, aside from showing you different definitions of “worship”, I also posed a question: Do you think the people who worshipped Jesus thought he was God Almighty?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 20 2010,20:59)
    t8 said that the words worship and honor are the same word. t8 is correct and he gave WJ a wide opening when he admitted it.

Hi Thinker,

So “honor your mother and father” really means “worship your mother and father”?

Peace and love,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

mikeboll64…………You have it right. they try to make a case from just One word even if it is against the over all scriptures and in some case not even the word used in the sentence structure as for instance they say the word (WORD) in John 1:1 Means Jesus, not even reasoning that if that is what John Meant He would have Just simply wrote Jesus in there. I mean even this simple logic does not cause them concern. It is true that GOD has sent a Strong DELUSION in order for them to believe a LIE. ( that lie is Jesus is GOD HIMSELF)> IMO

Peace and love to you and yours………………….gene

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 20 2010,12:41)

Hey Keith,

I think the same thing about you, tt and ca.

Every time I show you what you ask, you act like you skipped right over my post and start responding to other ones.  

So, aside from showing you different definitions of “worship”, I also posed a question: Do you think the people who worshipped Jesus thought he was God Almighty?

Mike

Yes!

They knew who he was and understood his claims of equality with the Father and that the Term “Son of God” meant Divinity! The Hebrew never referred to the Father as their “OWN” Father. They considered that blasphemy and that he was making himself equal to God!

That is why the opposers wanted to kill him because of his claims.

What other mere man claims he came down from heaven?

What other mere man can claim unless you eat “MY Flesh” and drink “MY Blood” you have no life in you?

To be in Jesus presence even in the flesh was an awsome and reverent thing.

Jesus had the Holy Spirit without measure (infinite).

Do you know what that means? In his body was the infinite God magnified!

Before you get all excited about my statement from an Arian view that because he “Had the Spirit” without measure therefore he cannot be God. Remember that the Father has the Spirit without measure also.

That is why many worshipped him, because they knew that only God could do the things that “HE” did and claimed.

You and I have the same Spirit but we can never claim any works that we do through the Spirit as ours.

Not so with Jesus, in fact we claim that it is Jesus that does the works in us! Jesus claims that the Holy Spirit takes from him and hears him and gives to us!

Do you see the difference?

Jesus claimed to be the Almighty, but men rejected it just as they do today!

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, “the Almighty“. Rev 1:8

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Thanks, Gene!

I'm confused by your wording, though. Don't you believe the Word was Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Was he just a body or a man in who God lived as Spirit that we can follow?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 20 2010,13:54)
    mikeboll64…………You have it right. they try to make a case from just One word even if it is against the over all scriptures and in some case not even the word used in the sentence structure as for instance they say the word (WORD) in John 1:1  Means Jesus, not even reasoning that if that is what John Meant He would have Just simply wrote Jesus in there. I mean even this simple logic does not cause them concern.  It is true that GOD has sent a Strong DELUSION in order for them to believe a LIE. ( that lie is Jesus is GOD HIMSELF)>  IMO

Gene

Not so! John was telling us a story and Jesus when he was with the Father as the Word that was God did not have the name Jesus until he came in the flesh in John 1:14.

So why do you deny Johns own words that Jesus is the Word in 1 John 1:1-3 and Revelations 19:13?

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 20 2010,07:15)

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 20 2010,07:11)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 20 2010,07:05)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 20 2010,06:41)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 19 2010,14:30)
    Ahh…the Protestant heretics against the Arian heretics…I see

Well, this is common among heretics.  Luther was against Erasmus and Zwingli.  History repeats itself?

CA

Circular!

The scriptures the CC say are inspired show much division among the Apostles and believers!

I suppose they were heretics too?

WJ

Go read my response to this asinine claim of yours in the Scriptures section.

CA,

See my post immediately above yours. Hopefully you will chill out a little. WJ and I vehemently disagree in the area of eschatology. We have learned to put that aside and cultivate our alliance on the more cardinal doctrines of the faith.

You are really getting on my nerves sir!

thinker

Maybe you aren't getting it, sir.

I am waiting for you BOTH to engage me on cardinal doctrines.

(funny you should use the term “cardinal doctrine”)

I don't want to get on your nerves.  However someone needs to stand up to you and get you to see that your espoused heresy is NOT OK with God.

CA,

Paul said that love “rejoices in the truth.” So it seems that as our fellow trinitarian you would rejoice that WJ and I speak the truth about Christ's divinity.

But you say that we are in the “same boat” with the Arians because we are non-Catholic.

This was not Paul's attitude. He rejoiced that Christ was preached even if it was through strife and envy. So you could rejoice that WJ and I preach Christ though we are “damned” Protestants.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2010,06:27)

mikeboll64…………You have it right. they try to make a case from just One word even if it is against the over all scriptures and in some case not even the word used in the sentence structure as for instance they say the word (WORD) in John 1:1  Means Jesus, not even reasoning that if that is what John Meant He would have Just simply wrote Jesus in there. I mean even this simple logic does not cause them concern.  It is true that GOD has sent a Strong DELUSION in order for them to believe a LIE. ( that lie is Jesus is GOD HIMSELF)>  IMO

Gene

Not so! John was telling us a story and Jesus when he was with the Father as the Word that was God did not have the name Jesus until he came in the flesh in John 1:14.

So why do you deny Johns own words that Jesus is the Word in 1 John 1:1-3 and Revelations 19:13?

WJ

Yes WJ,

The “Word” of verse 1 is called the “Word” again and also the “only begotten Son” in verse 14. So the “Word” was the “Only begotten Son.”

Does Gene need for God to write it in the sky that the Word is Jesus? Oh, wait, Gene says that the name “Christ” applies to many persons and things. So maybe he thinks that the name “only begotten Son” applies to many persons and things as well.

I would not put it past Gene's highly active imagination.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 20 2010,14:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2010,06:27)

Gene

WJ

Yes WJ,

The “Word” of verse 1 is called the “Word” again and also the “only begotten Son” in verse 14. So the “Word” was the “Only begotten Son.”

Does Gene need for God to write it in the sky that the Word is Jesus? Oh, wait, Gene says that the name “Christ” applies to many persons and things. So maybe he thinks that the name “only begotten Son” applies to many persons and things as well.

I would not put it past Gene's highly active imagination.

thinker

Jack

True. Hey Gene, can you show us a scritpure where the word “Christ” applies to anyone else other than Jesus?

Blessings WJ

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ,

You are kidding that you claim that Jesus called himself 'The Almighty'!

I've seen you write this a few times.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 20 2010,12:37)
    Do you worship Jesus with all of your heart and soul and mind and strength?

Yes, as the son of God. I speak in an ideal sense. I fall short in reality, same as I fall short of loving God with all. And I should love my fellow man as I love myself. Jesus also calls us brethren. I fall short here too.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 20 2010,03:26)
    Hi T8,

Ed

It doesn't get any circular than this!

How many times have we seen you post the “Exact same numbers” and making the same points over and over again on this board!  :D

You speak to t8 like he or you do not particpate in the arguments!

Do you see your bias to the truth?

Or show us one NT example of any other recieving this worship!

Instead of engaging just make ridiculous claims and patronize!

WEAK!!!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

Both You and TT complain how people don't respond to points that you guys make.
    And that is exactly what both of you guys have done with my last Post (no numbers).
    See a similar pattern here? Think about it. There are a lot of threads and just because
    you guys scan them all doesn't mean new people do. It's not all about you,
    try to remember that before you put yourself in the judgment seat. (Ezek.28:2,9)

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 21 2010,04:33)

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 20 2010,21:09)

Think man think!

Hey Thinker,

You ignored my post in your testator topic.  So I'll throw it in your face again.

Hi tt,

Paul was saying Jesus remembered us in his will, leaving us an inheritance.  Anyone in Jerusalem who left a will was a testator.  Don't make more out of the word than what is there.

And Israel had many “saviors”.  King Saul “saved” Israel from the Philistines.  The angels God sent that wiped out 185,000 troops for Hezekiah (?) was a savior.  And if you turn one person to God in your life, you too are a savior.

And I'm almost positive somewhere it says King David was a shepard of Israel.

So once more, it is GOD'S new covenant and Jesus was the sacrificial lamb to cement the contract.  Jesus never said I am making a new covenant with Israel.  The new covenant with “spiritual Israel” (God's new chosen people since the Jews disowned Jesus) is between God and his chosen.  Jesus was the sacrifice and is now the mediator between the chosen and God.  And the Holy Spirit by the way is also a mediator between us and God, but that doesn't make the Holy Spirit Jesus, just because there are more than one mediator.

That's how I understand it, anyway.

Try not to get too hung up on a single word.  You act like if someone called God “cool”, then anyone else called cool is God.

Peace and love,
    Mike

If someone has BLANK, it must be God's BLANK.

Now insert any word for the word “blank” in the above sentence, and you have The Thinker's logic.

Try some words: power, honor, glory, life , arms, truck….

Come on man – YOU think.

Hi MikeBoll64,

TT didn't even bother to read my two Posts to him on the same thread: First PAGE located at bottom of the page…
    Forum  » BELIEVERS PLACE » Scripture & Biblical Doctrine » God is the testator, jesus is the testator

TT reminds me of the Pharisees of old, he repremands people for not responding
    to his comments and at the same time he sometimes doesn't even read what others write!
    I answered his Post on the “Testator” and he didn't even read it. Instead he demands others
    to answer his questions on his terms repeatedly; so I completely understand your point.

TT also completely ignored my Post on this thread which explains in great detail
    their (TT and WJ) repeated USELESS arguments carried over onto almost ALL THE THREADS!

Click Here <— For a complete explanation.

God bless you Mike Boll
    Ed J

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 658 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account