The arian dissenters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 658 total)
  • Author

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 23 2010,17:38)
    WJ,

Does John 1:1-3 testify to a Trinity?

Trinitarians gleefully submit it time and time again as proof that Jesus the Word Is God … But you gloss over the rest that testify that

T

Nope, never said it did.

But John :1-3, 14 clearly states that the Word was God and and that he is the agent by or through all things were made and verse 14 along with 1 John 1:1-3 and Rev 19:13 reveal Jesus is the Word.

Why do you deny these truths?

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    But not the God the Word was with.
    That God is the God of Israel and now those in Christ worship Him.

terraricca
    Participant

WJ

you want to believe the trinity so be it;

just that the bible does not in is essence teaches trinity, i start to believe that Jn 1;3 as been altered

by trinitarian long ago so that with one verse they can speculate for the trinity.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 04 2010,06:01)
    WJ

you want to believe the trinity so be it;

just that the bible does not in is essence teaches trinity, i start to believe that Jn 1;3 as been altered

by trinitarian long ago so that with one verse they can speculate for the trinity.

TITUS 2:13:

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

2 PETER 1:1

1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

HEBREWS 1:8:

8 But to the Son He says:

“ Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
         A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    God says these things.
    That does not turn our God into a pagan trinity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Is Jesus the Son of a trinity god?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 04 2010,06:35)
    Hi TT,
    Is Jesus the Son of a trinity god?

John the Baptist Nicky. John the Baptist.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Name abuse does you no favours.
    Where did John say Jesus is the Son of God of which you say he is part??

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 04 2010,06:44)
    Hi TT,
    Name abuse does you no favours.
    Where did John say Jesus is the Son of  God of which you say he is part??

Nick,

I did not mean to offend you with the Nicky name. Anyway, you have never done me any favors. You gave me my first tile after I told Gene he was insane. But you didn't give the anti-trinitarian David a tile for calling me insane on the halloween thread.

You gave me my second tile for calling Constitutionalist a “pharisee.” But you didn't give anti-trinitarian Con a tile for calling WJ a “pagan” on the halloween thread.

God has noted that you are a respecter of persons.

See John 1 about John the baptist's ministry as the forefunner of Jehovah, that is, the Christ.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    You judge?
    But your god is not our God.
    Would it not be best to first seek the kingdom of our God?

God is not His own Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

Tit 2:13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

TT; you see things in your head no others see only trinitarians,those verse are well said God +Jesus Christ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 04 2010,08:01)
    Hi TT,
    You judge?
    But your god is not our God.
    Would it not be best to first seek the kingdom of our God?

God is not His own Christ.

You have said that Christ is God “functionally.” Does He reign over the rocks of the desert? Or does He reign over His people?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So the angels of God and the prophets and apostles of God also FUNCTIONED in God's authority as GOD.
    Why do you think the Son of man somehow was God because of the same anointing?[Acts 10.38]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Certainly Jesus. like David, was appointed King as well .
    Does this appointment by God make him God and is David God too?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 04 2010,08:13)
    Tit 2:13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

TT; you see things in your head no others see only trinitarians,those verse are well said God +Jesus Christ

t,

I noticed that you did not comment on  Hebrews 1:8 statement which says that the Father spoke to His Son calling Him “God.” Why did you not commment on that one?

Titus 2:13 and 2 Peter 1:1 state that Jesus Christ is our “God and Savior.” They do not say “God + Jesus Christ. They say that jesus Christ is both “God and Savior.” The same Greek construction is in verse 11 which says, “Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” Are you going to deny that Jesus Christ is both Lord and Savior?

Verse 2 of 2 Peter 1 does say God + Jesus Christ but it does not contradict verse one. It shows that God is indeed a trinity.

Jesus cannot be “OUR Lord” without being God.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Really?
    So 1 Cor 8 is a deception and Paul is a liar rather than an anointed man of God??

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 04 2010,09:20)
    Hi TT,
    Certainly Jesus. like David, was appointed King as well .
    Does this appointment by God make him God and is David God too?

David was exalted to God's right hand and given ALL authority in heaven and in earth? David was given ALL judgment so that men should honor him EVEN AS they honor the Father? David was to come back and destroy his enemies with the brightness of his coming?

David is the head of the church and we are David's flesh and bones?

Why did David call Jesus his “Lord?”

35 Then Jesus answered and said, while He taught in the temple, “How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the Son of David? 36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit:

‘ The LORD said to my Lord,

“ Sit at My right hand,
         Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”’

37 Therefore David himself calls Him ‘Lord’; how is He then his Son?”

You can't have it both ways Nick. If Christ is God “functionally,” then He is supreme over YOU. You must accept Him as your Sovereign or retract your statement that He is God “functionally.”

thinker

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 23 2010,07:36)
    So Jesus does not get any credit or glory for giving his own blood and life for you?

So you have two “Two Savours”!

Arians

• Two Savours
  • Two Masters
  • Two Lords

WJ

• WJ, while you are at it, (and playing with words) don't forget to add Moses who was a saviour of the Israelites and don't forget to add Joseph who was lord over Pharaoah's kingdom.

There are many kurious and there are many theos, but for US, there is one Theos the Father.

For you there is one Theos the Father, Son, Spirit.

People in glass houses…

The same measurement of judgement that you apply is the same that is applied to you, and guess what, you come up wanting and I think that those who believe that the Father is the only true God, do not come up wanting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 04 2010,09:32)

You can't have it both ways Nick. If Christ is God “functionally,” then He is supreme over YOU. You must accept Him as your Sovereign or retract your statement that He is God “functionally.”

thinker

Thinker, you fail to realise that it was God that made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

God appointed him to rule over God's creation. Similarly, the Pharaoah made Joseph to rule over Egypt. Joseph had absolute authority, except that he was subject to the Pharaoah.

All this playing with words cannot bend the truth one iota.

Might as well accept it now, God made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

Do I hear an amen?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 04 2010,09:00)
    You have said that Christ is God “functionally.” Does He reign over the rocks of the desert? Or does He reign over His people?

Jesus said of those with God's function that they were “theos”. I suppose that you have a problem with Jesus? Because you seem to have a problem with everyone else who repeats what Jesus said.

“Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (and the scripture cannot be broken), say ye of him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?”

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 658 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account