The apointed times of the nations!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

The Apostle Luke made mention of the Apointed Times of the Nations, at Luke 21:24, in these words, in part: “and Jerusalem will be trampled on BY THE NATIONS until the Apointed Times of the Nations are fulfilled.”

No one today, would be able to tell, with any accuracy, just when these fortold times would end! That will become clear, as I proceed with this discussion.

It does well, to consider exactly what ancient Jerusalem stood for. Knowing this, will aid us in gaining a proper understanding, of these particular times, and what they mean exactly.

The City of Jerusalem, was known, as, “The Throne of Jehovah” {Jeremiah 3:17} “The Town of the Grand King.” {Psalms 48:2} “The Holy City.” {Isaiah 52:1} {Matthew 27:53} “The City of the Great King.” {Matthew 5:35} Of course there are other descriptions of this City, but that is sufficient to draw out my point.

Just how could it be that the Nations would trample this Holy City, under their feet? Considering now, what we know Jerusalem represented, this trampling would be done by these Nations who was a principle part of Babylon the Great. The empire of false religion on this earth that is still functional right now, at this very present moment in time. Then, too, considering the fact, that, this religious empire is satan's Woman, riding on the back of the wild beast. {Revelation 17:3-18} Considering also, that they all make profession that they are all the true Christian's, but their conduct and actions in our Century alone belies that claim; and this same conduct and actions, brings great reproach on the Grand name of our God Jehovah. It is in this way, that they are trampling on Jerusalem! Or, in actuality trampling on the Holy City, the City of the grand King, the Holy City! They defile, this grand Cities name, by their unchristian conduct, they trample it into the mire, by proving false to their claims, as to being true Christians.

Since all of the Nations doing this trampling, are all still functional, and since BABYLON THE GREAT has not 'fallen' as yet, and satan the devil is still the 'god of this world' right now, the trampling is still going on. It will go on until all of them are taken out of the way. So, how long this trampling will go on, no one knows the exact 'day or hour' for that to occur. Not even the Christ himself knew that; for he told us all that, himself. {Matthew 24:36} {2 Corinthians 4:3,4} {Revelation 14:6-8}

It will not end until BABYLON THE GREAT has fallen. Until, all of these Nations, in question are effaced from this earth; until satan the devil is finally chained and abyssed, for the Thousand year period. {Revelation 20:1-3} {Psalms 10:16}

From all of this, it can be seen, that no one knows how long these appointed times will run. No one knows just when exactly they will end. We do know, though, when, and with what event they was set in motion.

Some sources reveal, that the date for the Jewish return to their home-land, after the 70 year period of desolation ended {diaespora} was 537 BCE. One teaching is, that, the destruction of Jerusalem took place in the year 607 BCE. It is a simple matter to subtract 537 from 607, and we arrive at the exact date that the 70 year period of desolation began. 70 years exactly! So, 607 BCE was the starting point for the appointed times of the Nations to begin running. When Jeruselem was destroyed by the Babylonian Armies. {Jeremiah 25:9-12}

That would be the time, that Ezeliels prophecy about the removal of the last reigning King {Zedekiah} until the Messiah would begin his reign. In Exekiels words: “And as for you, O deadly wounded wicked Chieftain of Israel, whose day has come in the time of the error of the end, this is what the sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, 'Remove the Turbin, and lift off the Crown. This will not be the same {The Kingship} Put on high even what is low {Gentile Nations} and bring low even the high one. {Line of reigning Kings on Jehovah's Throne} A ruin, a ruin, a ruin, I shall make it. {The rulership of Jehovah's Kings} As for this also, it will certainly become no ones, until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” We know the one with the legal right was, the Son of Jehovah God, Jesus Christ! So, when this one becomes an active ruling king, those times will have run their course, they will come to an end.

Now, all we can really do, is calculate just when these times began to run, and what event marked their start. I have done that here. As to how long they will run remains yet to be seen, as is their ending. They are yet, still running. For how long? That we don't know. It is enough though, to know, that they are still in progress, as yet, and, perhaps, soon to end. Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

I had replied to you on this very subject on “Worldly Wisdom”, just as you had charged me to do, however, just as I posted it, “heaven” moved it to a more proper forum; I have no idea were that is, I was hoping it would still surface; since it is not, I will take up the challenge again.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Jesus was speaking of the time when Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed, 70 AD, although the trodden down by the gentiles started in 606 BC. it was the fulfilling of a warning in Leviticus.

Lev 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

A time is a year of 360 days, God's punishment is a year for a day, seven times 360 years = 2520 years. God started this punishment in 606 BC with the invasion of the kingdom of Judah by the Babylonians, this punishment is also referred to as “the time of the gentiles”.
    This invasion cost Judah his crown, its independence.

Eze 21:26 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

They were then to be ruled over by three other empires.

Eze 21:27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

Medo-Persian, Greek, and the Romans. The “it” stands for the nation (Israel). After 70 AD the “it” (nation of Israel) was no more.

Eze 22:15 And I will scatter thee among the heathen, and disperse thee in the countries, and will consume thy filthiness out of thee.

When you add 2520 years to 606 BC, you come up with 1914 AD, the end of the Israelites punishment, and the end of the time of the gentiles.
    In what respect is 1914 so important? It was the start of WWI, and what is the significant of that?
    God had made a promise to the Israelites.

Jer 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.
    Jer 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished

WWI, was the means by which God prepared the way for the Israelites to return; he had the British drive out the Muslim Turks out of Palestine. 1948 marked the beginning of the new nation Israel, it also marked the beginning of that generation that would not pass away till all things be fulfilled.
    How long is a generation?

Psa 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

I expect you to grade me on this.

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 20 2009,13:35)
    Texas

I had replied to you on this very subject on “Worldly Wisdom”, just as you had charged me to do, however, just as I posted it, “heaven” moved it to a more proper forum; I have no idea were that is, I was hoping it would still surface; since it is not, I will take up the challenge again.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.  

Jesus was speaking of the time when Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed, 70 AD, although the trodden down by the gentiles started in 606 BC. it was the fulfilling of a warning in Leviticus.

Lev 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.  

A time is a year of 360 days, God's punishment is a year for a day, seven times 360 years = 2520 years. God started this punishment in 606 BC with the invasion of the kingdom of Judah by the Babylonians, this punishment is also referred to as “the time of the gentiles”.
    This invasion cost Judah his crown, its independence.

Eze 21:26 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.  

They were then to be ruled over by three other empires.

Eze 21:27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.  

Medo-Persian, Greek, and the Romans. The “it” stands for the nation (Israel). After 70 AD the “it” (nation of Israel) was no more.

Eze 22:15 And I will scatter thee among the heathen, and disperse thee in the countries, and will consume thy filthiness out of thee.  

When you add 2520 years to 606 BC, you come up with 1914 AD, the end of the Israelites punishment, and the end of the time of the gentiles.
    In what respect is 1914 so important? It was the start of WWI, and what is the significant of that?
    God had made a promise to the Israelites.

Jer 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.  
    Jer 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished

WWI, was the means by which God prepared the way for the Israelites to return; he had the British drive out the Muslim Turks out of Palestine. 1948 marked the beginning of the new nation Israel, it also marked the beginning of that generation that would not pass away till all things be fulfilled.
    How long is a generation?

Psa 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.  

I expect you to grade me on this.

Georg

Georg!
    O Georg! O! Texas

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ May 20 2009,10:11)
    The Apostle Luke made mention of the Apointed Times of the Nations, at Luke 21:24, in these words, in part: “and Jerusalem will be trampled on BY THE NATIONS until the Apointed Times of the Nations are fulfilled.”

No one today, would be able to tell, with any accuracy, just when these fortold times would end! That will become clear, as I proceed with this discussion.

It does well, to consider exactly what ancient Jerusalem stood for. Knowing this, will aid us in gaining a proper understanding, of these particular times, and what they mean exactly.

The City of Jerusalem, was known, as, “The Throne of Jehovah” {Jeremiah 3:17} “The Town of the Grand King.” {Psalms 48:2} “The Holy City.” {Isaiah 52:1} {Matthew 27:53} “The City of the Great King.” {Matthew 5:35} Of course there are other descriptions of this City, but that is sufficient to draw out my point.

Just how could it be that the Nations would trample this Holy City, under their feet? Considering now, what we know Jerusalem represented, this trampling would be done by these Nations who was a principle part of Babylon the Great. The empire of false religion on this earth that is still functional  right now, at this very present moment in time. Then, too, considering the fact, that, this religious empire is satan's Woman, riding on the back of the wild beast. {Revelation 17:3-18} Considering also, that they all make profession that they are all the true Christian's, but their conduct and actions in our Century alone belies that claim; and this same conduct and actions, brings great reproach on the Grand name of our God Jehovah. It is in this way, that they are trampling on Jerusalem! Or, in actuality trampling on the Holy City, the City of the grand King, the Holy City! They defile, this grand Cities name, by their unchristian conduct, they trample it into the mire, by proving false to their claims, as to being true Christians.

Since all of the Nations doing this trampling, are all still functional, and since BABYLON THE GREAT has not 'fallen' as yet, and satan the devil is still the 'god of this world' right now, the trampling is still going on. It will go on until all of them are taken out of the way. So, how long this trampling will go on, no one knows the exact 'day or hour' for that to occur. Not even the Christ himself knew that; for he told us all that, himself. {Matthew 24:36} {2 Corinthians 4:3,4} {Revelation 14:6-8}

It will not end until BABYLON THE GREAT has fallen. Until, all of these  Nations, in question are effaced from this earth; until satan the devil is finally chained and abyssed, for the Thousand year period. {Revelation 20:1-3} {Psalms 10:16}

From all of this, it can be seen, that no one knows how long these appointed times will run. No one knows just when exactly they will end. We do know, though, when, and with what event they was set in motion.

Some sources reveal, that the date for the Jewish return to their home-land, after the 70 year period of desolation ended {diaespora} was 537 BCE. One teaching is, that, the destruction of Jerusalem took place in the year 607 BCE. It is a simple matter to subtract 537 from 607, and we arrive at the exact date that the 70 year period of desolation began. 70 years exactly! So, 607 BCE was the starting point for the appointed times of the Nations to begin running. When Jeruselem was destroyed by the Babylonian Armies. {Jeremiah 25:9-12}

That would be the time, that Ezeliels prophecy about the removal of the last reigning King {Zedekiah} until the Messiah would begin his reign. In Exekiels words: “And as for you, O deadly wounded wicked Chieftain of Israel, whose day has come in the time of the error of the end, this is what the sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, 'Remove the Turbin, and lift off the Crown. This will not be the same {The Kingship} Put on high even what is low {Gentile Nations} and bring low even the high one. {Line of reigning Kings on Jehovah's Throne} A ruin, a ruin, a ruin, I shall make it. {The rulership of Jehovah's Kings} As for this also, it will certainly become no ones, until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” We know the one with the legal right was, the Son of Jehovah God, Jesus Christ! So, when this one becomes an active ruling king, those times will have run their course, they will come to an end.

Now, all we can really do, is calculate just when these times began to run, and what event marked their start. I have done that here. As to how long they will run remains yet to be seen, as is their ending. They are yet, still running. For how long? That we don't know. It is enough though, to know, that they are still in progress, as yet, and, perhaps, soon to end. Texas!

Georg!
    Let me leave you with four final questions! Not necessary to answer them to me, just answer them to yourself.

Is not satan the devil, still the god of this world? Has he been chained and abyssed, as yet? Has Babylon the great fallen, as yet? Have all the Nations of this World been effaced from this earth, as yet? The Nations as decribed by John in the Revelation account, as, “peoples, and crowds, and Nations and tongues?” {Revelation 14:8;20:1-3} {Psalms 10:16} {2Corinthians 4:3,4}

Now, Georg, only a complete moron would believe that those times could end while all of those particular scriptures have not yet been fulfilled; and they,quite definitely,have not been!

It has to be, that the only possible way that those Appointed times of the Nations could end, would be, only when all of those scriptures have seen fulfilment. While they are all still operational those times could never possibly end.

You might just do, what I did! Get away from the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society, because they do not have a clue as to what they are teaching. Not a clue Georg! Their one hundred and thirty year record of failed predictions and false prophecies is proof of that! Texas!

Texas
    Participant

Georg!
    One final note! Recall that old adage: “There are NONE SO BLIND as those WHO WILL NOT SEE!” Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

You have not only mentioned all of your attributes, but you have shown all what you are.
    You have no idea what “times of the gentiles” means, do you?
    JWs are people no better or worse than other people, with one exception.
    I admire their courage to go from house to house, taken insults, and abuse; I guess that's why you did not fit in.
    Is this the place you have chosen to get even?

Georg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account