Thanksgiving

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

I can smell the food from here and it's not in the oven yet :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

david
    Participant

Is that today?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving to you all

Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hey David, do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
    A JW friend of mine does not, but I didn't ask her if it was a personal thing or a organization thing?

I'm off the hook for hostessing this year because of our addition. I do miss all the prep work and festivities around here. But I'm bringing the stuffing and potato's – so I still have a couple important jobs to do. :)

I'm thankful for all of you….. You guys mean a lot to me, and your prayers I have come to count on. God bless every one of you!

Mandy

david
    Participant

I think in the U.S, you guys have it on a different day than in canada. to my surprise, someone on tv today said that in Australia, they don't really celebrate it at all.

You know, you can “give thanks” any day, and every day. But the football/gluttonesk/pilgrams story/or whatever thanksgiving is to you….

I don't know. Doing things just because other people do things…or trying to fit in or whatever….it's never occured to me.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 23 2007,13:27)
    I think in the U.S, you guys have it on a different day than in canada.  to my surprise, someone on tv today said that in Australia, they don't really celebrate it at all.

You know, you can “give thanks” any day, and every day.  But the football/gluttonesk/pilgrams story/or whatever thanksgiving is to you….

I don't know.  Doing things just because other people do things…or trying to fit in or whatever….it's never occured to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

…North American holiday…

Stuart

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 22 2007,20:27)
    I don't know. Doing things just because other people do things…or trying to fit in or whatever….it's never occured to me.

Like believing in Jesus?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 23 2007,13:27)
    I think in the U.S, you guys have it on a different day than in canada. to my surprise, someone on tv today said that in Australia, they don't really celebrate it at all.

You know, you can “give thanks” any day, and every day. But the football/gluttonesk/pilgrams story/or whatever thanksgiving is to you….

If you have a good idea a full proof plan would I be wrong to agree with you.

What is wrong with Thanksgiving?

Families gather together~brake bread and give thanks for what they have~

Is it wrong to give thanks to God?

Sure some give thanks to the Big Bang :laugh:

My if we can't gather with our families and break bread then what can we do? If we were robots then we would walk to the letter of the law. But God wants Children Not robots :D
    Jesus IS God's first born Son He gathered with sinners and broke bread even drank wine BUT DID NOT SIN!

Is it a sin to gather with your family, no matter what they believe? I would gather with all who believe Jesus is God's first born EVERYONE! Sometimes we need to put our personal beliefs aside and gather on the foundation that has brought us together.

One believes God consists of three but nonetheless believe God IS one. One believes God is one person and not three. Others believe we should keep the feasts.

BUT ALL BELIEVE JESUS IS THE LAMB OF GOD!

LOVE! The Love for GOD brings us together! :D

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
    1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

kejonn
    Participant

I just got my computer(s) back after the holiday weekend! I had family come up for thanksgiving and it was great. I don't think thanksgiving is a religious holiday but it can certainly be a time when extended families can get together and give thanks to God for many things as a family unit when this may not be possible many other times. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Thanksgiving is the only Holiday that I will celebrate with my Family. Why would anybody have something against that? We as a Family unit grew up together and I love all of them, even tho the do not believe what I do, but they do believe all in God and Jesus. I do not see one of our Grndson who is living away from us and it was great to see him and His wife again. We played cards and had a good time. Now I just want Christmas over with. That my Husband and I do not celebrate.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account