Thanks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 20 2007,19:55)
    Hi Stu,
    Load of old cobblers then if you have no faith in it?

If I had to believe it on faith alone then you would be justified in calling it cobblers.

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stu Do you have faith that when you go to sleep tonight that in the morning you are going to wake up?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 21 2007,03:48)
    Stu Do you have faith that when you go to sleep tonight that in the morning you are going to wake up?

Hi IM4Truth

No, you don't need faith to believe you will wake up tomorrow. There is plently of evidence to indicate that it will happen, not least the fact that you have woken up every other morning before.

Medical examiners can estimate the probability of an airline pilot having a heart attack within the coming year (I think your risk has to be less than 1% for you to hold your commercial ticket, could be wrong on that), so if that can be done, I'm sure it is possible, if very difficult, to work out the probability that you will wake up tomorrow.

There is no guarantee you wll wake, obviously, but the likelihood is not based on faith. If you think there is another aspect of my life you think I might base on faith, I would like to hear about it. I challenged people to think about this before, but there were no good responses.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    So 99% is OK ? You certainly have a strong faith in yourself and your own perceptions.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 21 2007,05:00)
    Hi Stu,
    So 99% is OK ? You certainly have a strong faith in yourself and your own perceptions.

I like to think for me personally at the moment it is higher than 99%, but I still don't see what faith has to do it when you can use evidence to calculate the probability. Faith is belief without evidence ('things unseen”).

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You like to be in control of your life?
    Knowledge gives you the false security and the delusion that you are.
    Another is the One in charge of that issue and He hopes you will find the fountain of life before your bucket falls to the bottom of the well.
    Ecc 12, Jn 12

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 21 2007,05:09)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 21 2007,05:00)
    Hi Stu,

I like to think for me personally at the moment it is higher than 99%, but I still don't see what faith has to do it when you can use evidence to calculate the probability.  Faith is belief without evidence ('things unseen”).

Stuart

Hebrews 11

1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is NOT supposed to be blind. Unfortunately, many Christians think this.

Faith has the need for Evidence as Hebrews 11:1 demonstrates.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    The evidence is written on our hearts.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2007,04:37)
    Hi SOL,

True, that is ONE form of evidence, I agree.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Dec. 22 2007,06:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2007,04:37)
    Hi SOL,

True, that is ONE form of evidence, I agree.

The problem remains Whet is written in out heart? Who's to say what is God's word for today?

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account