Thanks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

t8 Thank you for asking. Mentally I feel much better, since Ken stopped accusing me. Physically nothing changed, I am still very sick, have to wear oxygen 24 hours a day, and it gets quit annoying . But with Gods help I”ll muddle through. Have so much time on my hands and I walk in the Spirit and at times I feel like I see Mandy there. It is an assume feeling God is so good. He knows what we need. For all that I am very thankful. This site has helped a lot. For that I thank you.
    Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

charity
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 02 2007,18:01)
    t8  Thank you for asking. Mentally I feel much better, since Ken stopped accusing me. Physically nothing changed, I am still very sick, have to wear oxygen 24 hours a day, and it gets quit annoying . But with Gods help I”ll muddle through. Have so much time on my hands and I walk in the Spirit and at times I feel like I see Mandy there. It is an assume feeling God is so good. He knows what we need. For all that I am very thankful. This site has helped a lot. For that I thank you.
    Peace and Love Mrs.  :D :D :D

you so realy need a nurse with you 24/7

Proclaimer
    Participant

IM4Truth thanks for your post.

It is good when ken stops accusing as it is no good when any brother or sister tries to cause strife and division. It really is unnecessary.

Yes having to wear an oxygen mask or mouth piece 24 hours a day would be annoying.

I pray that God would give you peace beyond description, and that you would feel his love for you more than ever.

His love conquers all and the suffering of this age cannot be compared to the glory that awaits us.

That is what keeps me going and the best part is that God's glory is forever.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 02 2007,18:43)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 02 2007,18:01)
    t8  Thank you for asking. Mentally I feel much better, since Ken stopped accusing me. Physically nothing changed, I am still very sick, have to wear oxygen 24 hours a day, and it gets quit annoying . But with Gods help I”ll muddle through. Have so much time on my hands and I walk in the Spirit and at times I feel like I see Mandy there. It is an assume feeling God is so good. He knows what we need. For all that I am very thankful. This site has helped a lot. For that I thank you.
    Peace and Love Mrs.  :D :D :D

you so realy need a nurse with you 24/7

Charity I have a nurse with me, my Husband. He is really a sweet Person and waits on me hand and foot if I wanted Him too. But I try to do somethings myself. It is good for me to do that.
    Peace and Love Irene

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 02 2007,21:00)
    IM4Truth thanks for your post.

It is good when ken stops accusing as it is no good when any brother or sister tries to cause strife and division. It really is unnecessary.

Yes having to wear an oxygen mask or mouth piece 24 hours a day would be annoying.

I pray that God would give you peace beyond description, and that you would feel his love for you more than ever.

His love conquers all and the suffering of this age cannot be compared to the glory that awaits us.

That is what keeps me going and the best part is that God's glory is forever.

t8 Thank you for your prayer. Your right without God I would be lost. So looking forward when we see Jesus. I love God with all my heart and that keeps me going too.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

kenrch
    Participant

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

His word is the sword. When someone does not keep the law the law judges. When someone does not follow the WORD the Word judges.

As JESUS said He came to cause division between those who are HIS and those who are not. The lamb from the goats. Those who does the WILL of the Father and those who do not.

So yes division MUST come. Some to eternal life and some to eternal damnation.

It's cut and dry…black and white.. there is no compromise. Some have faulted in their faith and have gone after another gospel!

A gospel where Jesus is not the Messiah but a prophet who came to make peace between Israel. To get her ready for the “real” Messiah. Gal.1:6-7

I thank GOD that gave me eyes to see with And ears that hear.

Nothing is New under the sun. People have not changed only their costume.

The Lord uses those who He will. Those who are His and those who are NOT! Most of the time those who the Lord uses don't even know it!

I'm told there's always one, indeed their was always ONE all through out history. One who stands up and many who are cowards, wanting to be popular have rejected God's word and Commandment. Many on the wide path and only a few on the narrow.

The theme here “believe as I do?” The bible is a simple book to understand If you are as a child and your mind is clear. A clean blackboard for the Lord to write on. It's only when man injects his or her ideas that the word becomes confusing.

Do not intreat an Antichrist. The scripture is clear. I do not NOR would I EVER deny teachings to those who seek the Lord YOUR God. But the an Antichrist,~and make NO mistake about it Tow was and still is an Antichrist~ I will do everything to deny and see to it that those little one are not exposed to Satan's message. Mat. 18:6

Many times I wanted to turn and run in the face of hostility. But
    As Jesus Himself said He came not to bring peace, but a sword! I'm not afforded the pleasure of ignoring when one is deceived and turning down the wrong path, simply to remain Popular with that person. OR do you think I want to be hated or even disliked. So t8 your are right I bring division. I bring a sword!
    And will always stand up for God's word! No matter how unpopular!

Ken

charity
    Participant

Ken I like your plane avator

Who LET THE DOGS OUT!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 03 2007,00:51)

Mat 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

His word is the sword.  When someone does not keep the law the law judges.  When someone does not follow the WORD the Word judges.

As JESUS said He came to cause division between those who are HIS and those who are not.  The lamb from the goats.  Those who does the WILL of the Father and those who do not.

So yes division MUST come.  Some to eternal life and some to eternal damnation.

It's cut and dry…black and white.. there is no compromise.  Some have faulted in their faith and have gone after another gospel!

A gospel where Jesus is not the Messiah but a prophet who came to make peace between Israel.  To get her ready for the “real” Messiah. Gal.1:6-7

I thank GOD that gave me eyes to see with And ears that hear.

Nothing is New under the sun.  People have not changed only their costume.

The Lord uses those who He will.  Those who are His and those who are NOT!  Most of the time those who the Lord uses don't even know it!

I'm told there's always one, indeed their was always ONE all through out history.  One who stands up and many who are cowards, wanting to be popular have rejected God's word and Commandment.  Many on the wide path and only a few on the narrow.

The theme here “believe as I do?”  The bible is a simple book to understand If you are as a child and your mind is clear.  A clean blackboard for the Lord to write on.  It's only when man injects his or her ideas that the word becomes confusing.

Do not intreat an Antichrist.  The scripture is clear.  I do not NOR would I EVER deny teachings to those who seek the Lord YOUR God.  But the an Antichrist,~and make NO mistake about it Tow was and still is an Antichrist~ I will do everything to deny and see to it that those little one are not exposed to Satan's message. Mat. 18:6

Many times I wanted to turn and run in the face of hostility.  But
    As Jesus Himself said He came not to bring peace, but a sword! I'm not afforded the pleasure of ignoring when one is deceived and turning down the wrong path, simply to remain Popular with that person.  OR do you think I want to be hated or even disliked.  So t8 your are right I bring division.  I bring a sword!
    And will always stand up for God's word!  No matter how unpopular!

Ken

It occurs to me that those who make the most noise about people being put at risk of losing faith are the ones most afraid of losing it themselves. If you question your faith and it stays with you, then it must have been strong enough to withstand the questioning. If your faith folds at the first difficult challenge, what good was it to you in the first place?

Stuart

acertainchap
    Participant

To answer your question, Stu, even the “greatest” can fall from the faith. Life is one big irony. It is important to build a foundation of faith in God.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Dec. 03 2007,05:08)
    To answer your question, Stu, even the “greatest” can fall from the faith. Life is one big irony. It is important to build a foundation of faith in God.

My question is about what value there is in faith that has to have a 24 hour armed guard, lest it be stolen from you. Is faith not strong enough to look after itself? Is god not omnipotent enough to inspire its strength?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Vanity, vanity, all is vanity.
    “knowledge and understanding” without faith is useless.
    Another cardboard armada setting out without anchor or compass in a now beguilingly calm sea.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 03 2007,05:45)
    Hi Stu,
    Another cardboard armada setting out without anchor or compass in a now beguilingly calm sea.

Hmmm. What if your faith is so strong that it clouds your judgement of the world around you? Is there not some strength in faith that is flexible enough to grow to meet new challenges?

Stuart

david
    Participant

What many call faith isn't really faith.

Let's take a quick look at how the Bible defines it.

The word “faith” is translated from the Greek pi′stis, primarily conveying the thought of confidence, trust, firm persuasion. Depending on the context, the Greek word may also be understood to mean “faithfulness” or “fidelity.”—1Th 3:7; Tit 2:10.

The Scriptures tell us: “Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.” (Heb 11:1)
    “Assured expectation” translates the Greek word hy·po′sta·sis. This term is common in ancient papyrus business documents. It conveys the idea of something that underlies visible conditions and guarantees a future possession. In view of this, Moulton and Milligan suggest the rendering: “Faith is the title deed of things hoped for.” (Vocabulary of the Greek Testament, 1963, p. 660) The Greek word e′leg·khos, rendered “evident demonstration,” conveys the idea of bringing forth evidence that demonstrates something, particularly something contrary to what appears to be the case. Thereby this evidence makes clear what has not been discerned before and so refutes what has only appeared to be the case. “The evident demonstration,” or evidence for conviction, is so positive or powerful that faith is said to be it.

Faith is, therefore, the basis for hope and the evidence for conviction concerning unseen realities.
    As a side note, the entire body of truths delivered by Jesus Christ and his inspired disciples constitutes the true Christian “faith.” (Joh 18:37; Ga 1:7-9; Ac 6:7; 1Ti 5:8) But that is not the use of the word we are speaking of.

Faith is based on concrete evidence. The visible creative works testify to the existence of an invisible Creator. (Ro 1:20) The actual occurrences taking place during the ministry and earthly life of Jesus Christ identify him as the Son of God. (Mt 27:54)
    God’s record of providing for his earthly creatures serves as a valid basis for believing that he will surely provide for his servants, and his record as a Giver and Restorer of life lends ample evidence to the credibility of the resurrection hope. (Mt 6:26, 30, 33; Ac 17:31; 1Co 15:3-8, 20, 21) Furthermore, the reliability of God’s Word and the accurate fulfillment of its prophecies instill confidence in the realization of all of His promises. (Jos 23:14) Thus, in these many ways, “faith follows the thing heard.”—Ro 10:17; compare Joh 4:7-30, 39-42; Ac 14:8-10.

So faith is not credulity. The person who may ridicule faith usually has faith himself in tried and trusted friends. The scientist has faith in the principles of his branch of science. He bases new experiments on past discoveries and looks for new discoveries on the basis of those things already established as true.

Ancient Examples of Faith. . Each one of the “so great a cloud of witnesses” mentioned by Paul (Heb 12:1) had a valid basis for faith.
    For example, Abel certainly knew about God’s promise concerning a “seed” that would bruise “the serpent” in the head. And he saw tangible evidences of the fulfillment of the sentence Jehovah pronounced upon his parents in Eden. Outside Eden, Adam and his family ate bread in the sweat of their face because the ground was cursed and, therefore, produced thorns and thistles. Likely Abel observed that Eve’s craving was for her husband and that Adam dominated his wife. Undoubtedly his mother commented about the pain attending her pregnancy. Then, too, the entrance to the garden of Eden was being guarded by cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword. (Ge 3:14-19, 24) All of this constituted an “evident demonstration,” giving Abel the assurance that deliverance would come through the ‘seed of promise.’ Therefore, prompted by faith, he “offered God a sacrifice,” one that proved to be of greater worth than that of Cain.—Heb 11:1, 4.

Another example:
    Abraham had a firm basis for faith in a resurrection, for he and Sarah had experienced the miraculous restoration of their reproductive powers, which was, in a sense, comparable to a resurrection, allowing Abraham’s family line to continue through Sarah. Isaac was born as the result of this miracle. When told to offer up Isaac, Abraham had faith that God would resurrect his son. He based such faith on God’s promise: “It is by means of Isaac that what will be called your seed will be.”—Ge 21:12; Heb 11:11, 12, 17-19.

Faith is not the possession of all persons, as it is a fruit of God’s spirit. (2Th 3:2; Ga 5:22)
    And a Christian’s faith is not static, but it grows. (2Th 1:3)

Hence, the request of Jesus’ disciples, “Give us more faith,” was very appropriate, and he did provide them the foundation for increased faith. He supplied them with greater evidence and understanding on which to base their faith.—Lu 17:5.

The entire life course of a Christian is actually governed by faith, enabling him to overcome mountainlike obstacles that would hinder his service to God. (2Co 5:7; Mt 21:21, 22)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 03 2007,05:47)

Hi Stu,

Hmmm.  What if your faith is so strong that it clouds your judgement of the world around you?  Is there not some strength in faith that is flexible enough to grow to meet new challenges?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    The world around us can only be understood in the light of faith.
    Jesus said that the Word is truth.
    Truth is the only true foundation for understanding.

You regard martyrs as fools?
    Scripture says the fool says in his heart that there is no God.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 03 2007,06:36)

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 03 2007,05:47)

Hi Stu,

Hmmm.  What if your faith is so strong that it clouds your judgement of the world around you?  Is there not some strength in faith that is flexible enough to grow to meet new challenges?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    The world around us can only be understood in the light of faith.
    Jesus said that the Word is truth.
    Truth is the only true foundation for understanding.

You regard martyrs as fools?
    Scripture says the fool says in his heart that there is no God.

Nick I wonder if you have any opinions of your own. You do have quite a robotic way of quoting scripture and apologetics.

Most of the christian faith I encounter is the converse of what you describe – an influx of intellectual darkness into an otherwise quite well-lit world.

I'm used to ignoring the insults the writers of the bible prepared for non-believers, as a cult-like immunisation against critical thinking. It is a shame that this particular insult you have quoted gives no reason whatsoever for calling people fools, it is just name-calling. God could have learned a thing or two about really creative insults from Shakespeare.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Does scripture offend you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    If scripture offends you then join the crowd.
    It offends us all till we align with it.
    God only gives us a short time to respond.
    Mercy comes to an end

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 03 2007,17:04)
    Hi Stu,
    If scripture offends you then join the crowd.
    It offends us all till we align with it.
    God only gives us a short time to respond.
    Mercy comes to an end

To be honest Nick, scripture bores me. On purely aesthetic grounds I find it mind-numbing to read and completely inadequate at describing the human condition. Perhaps mind-numbing is the effect the early christians were tying to achieve. Have you tried English-translated Koran? That's even worse! As for the truth of any of it, well the best standards for deciding truth we have in every other area of our lives such as the scientific method or cross-examination of testimony are cast aside in favour of rigid adherence to what you are told in writing.

A few paragraphs of the writing of Shakespeare and someone like the physicist Richard Feynman show more insight into what it means to be homo sapiens than I find in the all of the turgid and blinkered world of the christian testament.

By the way, not that I care, but is that 'mercy comes to an end' bit scriptural?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    How relevant is the transient human condition?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 03 2007,02:17)
    Ken I like your plane avator

Who LET THE DOGS OUT!

Ah! Yes there's that “Christian love” NOW that's the way to post.

Always saying what you don't mean AND MEANING WHAT YOU DON'T SAY.

That's what makes things “right”, isn't it? Instead of consulting the scriptures that were presented all attack the messenger rather than the message.

If you just speak plainly as the scriptures do then you are “offending” those who reject the meat of the scripture. So one should speak in a coded message so as not to “openly” say what they mean :laugh: Jesus said that heaven is made up of those who are like little children. Do children speak in a coated message? Is a child's mind cluttered up with deceiving ways on how to get their message across?

Tell it like it is and you are insulting and lacking in LOVE. But HIDE you true message and you are full of love. I call that kind of love something else :laugh:

Thanks for the example charity! :D

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account