Thank god for fairies!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 11 2013,19:51)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 11 2013,08:50)
    people follow themselves in the fruits of their own heart just like you and I ,the outcome will be seen much later

Is that a threat on behalf of your violent Imaginary Friend?

Stuart

Stu.

Mankind have a spititual illness,and that is greed selfserving, following the lust of the flesh,make war for greed,and therefore harming self and others.

This decease needs a cure.
    It is your choice to take that medicine or refuse to take it. If you refuse,you will die of the decease.

Peace to all must come from within.
    If man has found peace inside,then the world will live in peace. The prince of peace can teach you how to have peace.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 11 2013,21:30)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 11 2013,22:49)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 10 2013,21:00)
    I have chosen God from my own will. God is life, love, eternal, creative, powerful, and the God of the living. I choose God and so do many others. And some do not choose God.

I guess a fear of a loving god that might burn you in sulfur if you don't love it could cause you to buckle under in a cowardly manner.

Stuart

Well there is a certain amount of fear to be had by having your life destroyed Stu, that is correct. Just the same as there is fear that jumping out of a train might lead to death.

God is for the sensible I suppose.

I guess the “great” dictators of the 20th Century did call those who complied with their monstrous orders the “sensible” ones.

Once again, pretending that your creaking, immoral religion is actually right about the universe, I wouldn't have any fear about being destroyed by your god. I would think that is as ugly an outcome as would fit such an ugly universe. Not a matter of fear, but a matter of the dignity of trying to transcend such base immorality.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 11 2013,21:33)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 11 2013,22:51)

people follow themselves in the fruits of their own heart just like you and I ,the outcome will be seen much later

Stuart

That is called fruit.

Or cause and effect.

You live a certain way and you gain a certain destiny.

You sow what you reap.

Indeed we do.

You seem quite sure about your destiny. Do you think it's possible that you might be underpreparing yourself?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 11 2013,23:28)

Stuart

Stu.

Mankind have a spititual illness,and that is greed selfserving, following the lust of the flesh,make war for greed,and therefore harming self and others.

It is your choice to take that medicine or refuse to take it. If you refuse,you will die of the decease.

If man has found peace inside,then the world will live in peace. The prince of peace can teach you how to have peace.

wakeup.

What a load of evil philosophy. You seek a utopia that is perfect for you and misery for anyone who disagrees with you. And I suspect if you ever suffered the misfortune of living in this perfect universe of your head you would begin to see how evil it really is.

Humans are selfserving but are also kind, generous and selfless. If we didn't think lustfully at least some of the time we wouldn't exist as a species. We are continually harming one another and ourselves because we aren't superbeings, we are the products of natural selection, with all the shortcuts and half-measures that process stumbles upon.

So, we can all be Eeyores about it, and mope and complain and even suggest snake oil treatments in the form of humans nailed to trees, but what we are talking about is the joy and the difficulties of being humans.

Now, to the cure. If it is a peaceful existence we would like, well this is thought to be the most peaceful time ever for humans. Is that a result of christianity? Christianity has had 2000 years to make a difference. Has it? No. What we have had more recently is Enlightenment-type thinking and modern technology, both of which have actually rolled back the dominance of christianity. This is what has brought (or forced) peace to us. It is still the monotheists who cause most of the problems in the name of their gods.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 13 2013,23:55)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 11 2013,21:33)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 11 2013,22:51)

Stuart

That is called fruit.

Or cause and effect.

You live a certain way and you gain a certain destiny.

You sow what you reap.

Indeed we do.

You sow no faith in God.
    You reap no benefit from God.
    :(

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 13 2013,21:08)

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

What a load of evil philosophy.  You seek a utopia that is perfect for you and misery for anyone who disagrees with you.  And I suspect if you ever suffered the misfortune of living in this perfect universe of your head you would begin to see how evil it really is.

Humans are selfserving but are also kind, generous and selfless.  If we didn't think lustfully at least some of the time we wouldn't exist as a species.  We are continually harming one another and ourselves because we aren't superbeings, we are the products of natural selection, with all the shortcuts and half-measures that process stumbles upon.

So, we can all be Eeyores about it, and mope and complain and even suggest snake oil treatments in the form of humans nailed to trees, but what we are talking about is the joy and the difficulties of being humans.

Now, to the cure.  If it is a peaceful existence we would like, well this is thought to be the most peaceful time ever for humans.  Is that a result of christianity?  Christianity has had 2000 years to make a difference.  Has it?  No.  What we have had more recently is Enlightenment-type thinking and modern technology, both of which have actually rolled back the dominance of christianity.  This is what has brought (or forced) peace to us.  It is still the monotheists who cause most of the problems in the name of their gods.

Stuart

Stu..

Religion is not what I am for,it causes war,for greed.Religion is not about God,but it is using God for own gain.

I am for the creator that made us; He also gave us a choice,to live caring for others, or just to live for our selves.

God has given us an instruction book. Read the instructions.

Man has never lived in peace,because man dont know how to.They know how o fly to the moon,but to make peace they dont know.

Each person need to have peace on the inside ,and then we can have peace.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 13 2013,23:35)

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

What a load of evil philosophy.  You seek a utopia that is perfect for you and misery for anyone who disagrees with you.  And I suspect if you ever suffered the misfortune of living in this perfect universe of your head you would begin to see how evil it really is.

Humans are selfserving but are also kind, generous and selfless.  If we didn't think lustfully at least some of the time we wouldn't exist as a species.  We are continually harming one another and ourselves because we aren't superbeings, we are the products of natural selection, with all the shortcuts and half-measures that process stumbles upon.

Now, to the cure.  If it is a peaceful existence we would like, well this is thought to be the most peaceful time ever for humans.  Is that a result of christianity?  Christianity has had 2000 years to make a difference.  Has it?  No.  What we have had more recently is Enlightenment-type thinking and modern technology, both of which have actually rolled back the dominance of christianity.  This is what has brought (or forced) peace to us.  It is still the monotheists who cause most of the problems in the name of their gods.

Stuart

Stu..

Religion is not what I am for,it causes war,for greed.Religion is not about God,but it is using God for own gain.

So you don't stand to gain personally from your belief in your god?

I am for the creator that made us; He also gave us a choice,to live caring for others, or just to live for our selves.

I choose to live caring for others, as well as enjoying my life. That does not involve either a “creator” or a man being nailed to a tree.

It tells me what I may do to my slaves. What if I don't have any slaves?

Man has never lived in peace,because man dont know how to.They know how o fly to the moon,but to make peace they dont know.

With philosophy like that I fear you would drown in the shallowest puddle.

Couldn't agree more. Perhaps you could tell that to all the monotheists who want to blow us up in the name of their god. They are quite encouraged by the fact that you believe in a single god too.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 13 2013,22:41)
    You sow no faith in God.
    You reap no benefit from God.
    :(

You don't either.

That's the good news.

:)

Stuart

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 14 2013,13:57)

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

Stuart

Stu..

I am for the creator that made us;  He also gave us a choice,to live caring for others, or just to live for our selves.

I choose to live caring for others, as well as enjoying my life.  That does not involve either a “creator” or a man being nailed to a tree.

It tells me what I may do to my slaves.  What if I don't have any slaves?

Couldn't agree more.  Perhaps you could tell that to all the monotheists who want to blow us up in the name of their god.  They are quite encouraged by the fact that you believe in a single god too.

Stuart

Stu.

I suppose you consider your parents as slave drivers
    when they force you to go tho school and study.
    And make you do you home chores.

If they have left you to do as you please during your growing up,you would end up becoming your own enemy.

Living as slaves working for your boss.

God is teaching us his way so we dont become our own
    enemy,living with no purpose in life.
    Wondering around like lost souls with no purpose.

You like to be your own God,but have no power to make peace with yourself,and others.
    In times of trouble,can you depend on your self?

Can you imagine a world run by atheist?
    You dont have to,because you can see whats happening in this world.

wakeup.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 14 2013,23:54)

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

Stuart

Stu..

I am for the creator that made us;  He also gave us a choice,to live caring for others, or just to live for our selves.

I choose to live caring for others, as well as enjoying my life.  That does not involve either a “creator” or a man being nailed to a tree.

Couldn't agree more.  Perhaps you could tell that to all the monotheists who want to blow us up in the name of their god.  They are quite encouraged by the fact that you believe in a single god too.

Stuart

Stu.

If they have left you to do as you please during your growing up,you would end up becoming your own enemy.

You like to be your own God,but have no power to make peace with yourself,and others.

wakeup.

Greetings Wakeup ….. I don't have to imagine a world run by atheists …. Iam living in it…. The very definition of an atheist describes the leadership of this world…. Organized religion has confused the masses by teaching a different Gospel… God is not trying to save this world…. if he was … he just would…because he is God and nothing is impossible with God.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Feb. 15 2013,00:54)

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

Stuart

Stu..

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

Greetings Wakeup ….. I don't have to imagine a world run by atheists …. Iam living in it…. The very definition of an atheist describes the leadership of this world…. Organized religion has confused the masses by teaching a different Gospel… God is not trying to save this world…. if he was … he just would…because he is God and nothing is impossible with God.

Hi theodorej.

God is not trying to save this world I agree
    But he is saving his elect from the destruction coming.
    His wrath upon babylon the great is coming soon.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

Stuart

Stu..

Stuart

Stu.

I think my parents did a good job, on the whole. Parenting isn’t an easy task but actually a lot of what emerges isn’t under their control anyway, according to split twin studies it’s genes at work. Not sure what any of this has to do with what we were discussing though. Were you trying to jam the word slaves in somehow?

I think of work more as a form of prostitution, although the actual job I do is safer and more pleasant an activity than actual prostitution. But I am still paid to locate my body in a particular place and do things my employer tells me to do.

So is god belief for those with no imagination?

Are those rhetorical questions, or are you interested in my answers to them?

Can you imagine a world run by ath
    eist?

Yes, it is the least religious time ever, and the most peaceful time ever to be a human.

I’d say that’s about it for christian hegemony.

Stuart

Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account