Thank god for fairies!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 20 2010,18:06)

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 20 2010,14:33)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 20 2010,01:36)
    Actually, it could be the motto of the website.

Maybe the next time they have a Council of Nicaea they could add a book to the Judeo-christian scriptures, perhaps titled “Corrections”.  They could add the quote early on:

Corrections 1:3: They take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.

Stuart

It's already in the Book of the Fairies!

The funny thing is that you know that you are lying but you think you are making a point but the difference with someone who believes in God is they are not trying to make a point or lie. Could you be honest? Do you in-fact really believe in fairies, yes or no?

Fairies 1:1 Fairies exist.

You can't argue with scripture, can you BD.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Attempt Two:

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

bodhitharta wrote:

The funny thing is that you know that you are lying but you think you are making a point but the difference with someone who believes in God is they are not trying to make a point or lie. Could you be honest? Do you in-fact really believe in fairies, yes or no?

My faith is between me and the fairies.  Who are you to question it?

You would do better to concern yourself with your own faith in fairies.  I have laid out the evidence for them.  Why do you not yet believe?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 20 2010,15:47)
    Science can? And yet it proves itself wrong time and time again. Measurements are adjusted, facts are changed, new evidence screws up current theories, new ideas are laughed at and then accepted.

Yeah Stu, Science knows the difference.

Another incorrect post by Stu.
    Lost count of them now.

Another post by t8 where he dodges the questions directly asked of him in favor of commenting on things where he thinks he can score some cheap points.

Why do you continue to ignore the fairies?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 21 2010,09:40)
    bodhitharta wrote:

My faith is between me and the fairies.  Who are you to question it?

You would do better to concern yourself with your own faith in fairies.  I have laid out the evidence for them.  Why do you not yet believe?

Okay,

So if you do believe in fairies, is there a problem with it because you seem to suggest that there is a problem with believing in God.

I am telling you now here is the beginning to the end of your charade.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

bodhitharta,

If you agree that my evidence for fairies is valid, then I won't object when you use similar evidence for God.

Deal?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 21 2010,14:25)
    bodhitharta,

If you agree that my evidence for fairies is valid, then I won't object when you use similar evidence for God.

Deal?

What is your evidence?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 21 2010,14:36)

bodhitharta,

Deal?

What is your evidence?

You will need to learn about the fairies and appreciate them before you can understand the evidence for them.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 21 2010,18:03)

bodhitharta,

Deal?

What is your evidence?

You will need to learn about the fairies and appreciate them before you can understand the evidence for them.

Stuart

How would I learn abou them?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 21 2010,18:12)

bodhitharta,

Deal?

What is your evidence?

Stuart

An excellent question.

On another subject, how would I follow the same advice I got to learn about and appreciate god before I could understand the evidence for that?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 21 2010,18:50)

bodhitharta,

Deal?

What is your evidence?

Stuart

An excellent question.

On another subject, how would I follow the same advice I got to learn about and appreciate god before I could understand the evidence for that?

Stuart

Well is there a book of nonfiction about fairies that people have long adhered to that's a good starting point

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

The Idea of Fairies existing conflicts and contradicts many religions that already exist.
    Alll religions contradict eachother as it is,

The tactic of using Fairies as an example of how faith is used to explain the existence of God is humorous becuase
    most Christians and other religions use these examples to prove the existence of God.

But this isnt Faith, nor hope, this is just an imagination of the mind to decieve ourselves and others as well.
    Point is that God exists not based on natural occurences, or based on the religious dogmas that men make to prove that he exists,

Its like trying to prove that Dennison Exists.   How would you know?  I can provide a driver lisence, SS, a passport, a number of things but how do you know that i really exist without knowing me?
    And If i could prove my identity do i really exist personaly in your life?  
    So whether I exist as a real person, it doesnt mean that im included in the reality of your life.
    And If I had no papers, nor SS, nor Passport, “What if” im an Illegal immigrant, (Im Hispanic so i find this Humerous) and i have no way of proving that I am who I say i Am, Do i really Exist? even though if you knew me, than you would know that I do In-Fact exist even without the right documentation, by the fact that I am Flesh and blood and you have known me.
    God Exists not based on our faith or belief, God exists because he revealed himself in many peoples lives, and by Him who is Jesus Christ who is the Son of God sent to reveal him as our Father.
    We know Him by whom was Sent to reveal Him.
    Jesus came into flesh and Blood, and made in impact in many peoples lives and continues to do so till this very day.

Faith is not deteremined by the unknown, but being secured by what is known.
    Faith is like sitting on a chair, You sit without having any doubt or hesitiation that the chair will sustain your wieght for you to sit.

This example of Fairies is not an example of faith, but falls along with the dogmas of the smurfs, The Fantasy of Humanity.  Fairies is a fairy-tale creature of religious platitude to identify God.

all these Ideas and pagan beliefs all center around what to worship as a ideal God.  Fairies is just another tale that man has created and a number of other tales to explain the Unknown God that they are unfamiliar with.
    All Religions give God a Face an image to worship, whether its a golden calf,  a diety of the sun, a Divine king, or fairies and smurfs, these are all just religious imaginations of deceptions in the minds of men.

The Real God that is unkown to you does not have a face or an image that limits his Almighty power.
    This is the Same Unknown God that Paul presented to Athens.

Acts 17:23
    For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
    24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
    25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
    26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
    27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
    28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
    29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
    30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
    31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 22 2010,00:45)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 21 2010,18:50)

bodhitharta,

Deal?

What is your evidence?

Stuart

An excellent question.

Stuart

Well is there a book of nonfiction about fairies that people have long adhered to that's a good starting point

I know of atheists whose favourite activity is to visit libraries and move the bibles and korans from the reference section to the fiction section.

Beats blowing up innocent people in a market I guess.

Stuart

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 21 2010,09:36)

bodhitharta,

Deal?

What is your evidence?

Did you read the opening post?  Have you even taken a second to consider the butterflies?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

simplyForgiven wrote:

God Exists not based on our faith or belief, God exists because he revealed himself in many peoples lives, and by Him who is Jesus Christ who is the Son of God sent to reveal him as our Father.

Hence the noises around my house, the lost things suddenly found, and the daily goosebumps that I get.  That's how I know the fairies, and if you have had these experiences, you know them too.

In what way do you know your god that is more powerful than that?

simplyForgiven wrote:

Faith is not deteremined by the unknown, but being secured by what is known.
    Faith is like sitting on a chair, You sit without having any doubt or hesitiation that the chair will sustain your wieght for you to sit.

My faith is more like swinging on swing.  I take a running jump into the seat know that it will give me a thrilling ride when I land it.

Don't you want faith like that too?

simplyForgiven wrote:

All Religions give God a Face an image to worship, whether its a golden calf,  a diety of the sun, a Divine king, or fairies and smurfs, these are all just religious imaginations of deceptions in the minds of men.

The Real God that is unkown to you does not have a face or an image that limits his Almighty power.
    This is the Same Unknown God that Paul presented to Athens.

As you said earlier, “[all] religions contradict eachother … .”  Your idea of the “Real God â” can go on the list of religious figures between the sun deity and the divine king.

Fairies exist whether you call them by that name or not.  They are infinite in number and are everywhere all the time.  They have worked to find your lost keys, to give you goosebumps on a special occasion, and to make your ordinary life extraordinary.  You should thank them, not deny them.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 23 2010,02:37)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 21 2010,09:36)

bodhitharta,

Deal?

What is your evidence?

Did you read the opening post?  Have you even taken a second to consider the butterflies?

Yes, how do they relate to fairies? Is there any non-fiction literature about fairies you can refer to me?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 21 2010,05:40)
    Attempt Two:

Yes they do…..We have snow whites fairy God Mother for one….and Iam sure there are millions more…

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

bodhitharta,

You must be suffering from an atheistic (with respect fairies) mindset!  The evidence is right before your eyes.  (By “before your eyes”, I mean the 5th post on the second page of this thread.) Why do you continue to ignore it?

As for non-fiction references to fairies, you must understand that many of what you think of as fictional fairy references are in fact truth.  A lot of figurative language is used, so you will need to consult a fairy believer to understand the true meaning of the texts, but the truth is there.  You can start with the following and report back:

The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies;
    Crystal: The Snow Fairy;
    Fairyopolis: A Flower Fairies Journal;
    The Hidden Folk: Stories of Fairies, Dwarves, Selkies, and Other Secret Beings.

That last one is apocryphal but still has a core of truth.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 24 2010,01:50)
    bodhitharta,

You must be suffering from an atheistic (with respect fairies) mindset!  The evidence is right before your eyes.  (By “before your eyes”, I mean the 5th post on the second page of this thread.)  Why do you continue to ignore it?

As for non-fiction references to fairies, you must understand that many of what you think of as fictional fairy references are in fact truth.  A lot of figurative language is used, so you will need to consult a fairy believer to understand the true meaning of the texts, but the truth is there.  You can start with the following and report back:

The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies;
    Crystal: The Snow Fairy;
    Fairyopolis: A Flower Fairies Journal;
    The Hidden Folk: Stories of Fairies, Dwarves, Selkies, and Other Secret Beings.

That last one is apocryphal but still has a core of truth.

Okay, good enough for me. So tell me about the joy of fairies and what they do for you?

God may have provided you with such fairies, perhaps they're what we call angels

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

bodhitharta,

I already gave my “testimony” in the first post.

Glad to have you on board now.  It demonstrates the true extent of your faith!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account