Terrified

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Douglas
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Aug. 18 2009,02:53)
    I certainly don't limit God.  I merely state that God tends to work through creation rather then around it.  God along with hearts to pray, gave brains to think and arms to work.  You have a condition that effects how you deal with issues of religion and you want to rely on the area where your perceptions are afflicted for the sole source of your cure?  What would happen if all the farmers started praying for crops instead of working their fields?  Yes God could make food appear like mana, but why?  I am not saying don't pray, I pray everyday myself, what I am saying is that we must also use the tools we are given and not rely on supernatural intervention.

If your spouse has a heart attack are you going to give CPR and call a doctor, or are you going to pray for guidance on what to do?  Pray yes but act and pray!

Also there are a variety of non-pharmaceutical treatments for OCDs like yours.  Also there are places that provide free help in many areas.  You have the ability to post here so you have internet access, do the research.

Common sense, a rare commodity.

It reminds me of a little story about a cart driver who gets his cart stuck in the mud and falls down on his knees to Hercules, imploring him to get his cart out of the mud.

Hercules, fed up with the requests, appears, and says “Get your shoulder to the back and push, get it out yourself!”

Something like that, I forget exactly how it goes.

For too many people God is a mechanism to absolve yourself of your own personal responsibility, a way to pass the buck, a way to remove the hard choices and work from yourself.

You can wait while your cart sinks deeper into the mud, or you can get it out – it's the choice everyone faces, but it's something you will do for yourself or not at all.

Maranatha
    Participant

I guess not many people actually hear God's Voice…or if they do, they don't BELIEVE it is Him.

Point is-IF God tells us that He is going to heal us, and to stop taking our medication in FAITH, then are we going to keep taking it and suffer?

Or are we going to step out in FAITH and believe what God is telling us? We can learn a lesson from the Israelites…..

My pastor told us a story not too long ago. He spoke about a man calling who had never been to our church. He said that he needed prayer, but did not go into detail about his problem.

He got to the church, and he was crippled-he could not walk without a walker. My pastor was kinda freaked out, and said that he really didn't have much faith that God was going to do anything with the man….

Yet he prayed over the man's legs…..and he made a KEY POINT…he told the man to step out IN FAITH and to try to walk.

The man ended up not only walking, but he went up and down the steps and jumped up and down!!!!

God CAN heal…but we cannot LIMIT him by our own lack of faith.

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (Maranatha @ Aug. 22 2009,06:31)
    I guess not many people actually hear God's Voice…or if they do, they don't BELIEVE it is Him.

I'd say very few really can hear God.
    The number who really listen is no greater.

i find it interesting that you think people can limit god through lack of faith.

Don't get me wrong, I don't subscribe to the all powerful, all knowing, without beginning and end school of thought.

But most do.

Of course if you can hear, you can also ask questions.

theodorej
    Participant

Point is-IF God tells us that He is going to heal us, and to stop taking our medication in FAITH, then are we going to keep taking it and suffer?

Or are we going to step out in FAITH and believe what God is telling us?  We can learn a lesson from the Israelites…..

My pastor told us a story not too long ago.  He spoke about a man calling who had never been to our church.  He said that he needed prayer, but did not go into detail about his problem.

He got to the church, and he was crippled-he could not walk without a walker.   My pastor was kinda freaked out, and said that he really didn't have much faith that God was going to do anything with the man….

Yet he prayed over the man's legs…..and he made a KEY POINT…he told the man to step out IN FAITH and to try to walk.

The man ended up not only walking, but he went up and down the steps and jumped up and down!!!!

Greetings M….Did it ever come to mind that…maybe it is not Gods voice you are hearing…in addition faith is some thing you clearly need to understand….every time somebody buys a lotery ticket,they are convinced they are going to win…that is the kind of faith that exists on a grand scale today among many so called christians….God helps those who help themselves….

karmarie
    Participant

Why are you fearful, you of little faith?

Here I am!
    I stand at the door and knock.
    If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
    I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

My eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land,
    that they may dwell with me

“Today, if you hear his voice,
       do not harden your hearts”

O unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied,
    “how long shall I stay with you?
    How long shall I put up with you? …
    “Because you have so little faith.

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God
    and those who hear will live.

Your faith has made me well

:)

Cindy
    Participant

Maranatha Are you not interestimg in what mt Husband has about Hell. I agree with Him. Just tell me if you want to or not, so I don't keep the teread going.
    Irene

Maranatha
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 23 2009,07:07)
    Maranatha  Are you not interestimg in what mt Husband has about Hell.  I agree with Him. Just tell me if you want to or not, so I don't keep the teread going.
    Irene

I don't mean to be rude, but no, I'm not really interested in it. I know what the bible says about hell. Sorry for my late replies to everyone's posts, but I visit several other groups online.

Maranatha
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 22 2009,22:07)

Here I am!

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God

Touche'

I think I posted about my pastor. He had walked a member of the congregation out to their car and they talked awhile.

The member mentioned that he had cancer and was scared.

My pastor expressed his condolances, and walked off. As he was walking off, he heard God's Voice telling him to go back and pray for the guy-that He was going to heal him.

He walked back, laid hands on the man where his cancer was, and he literally FELT God healing him.

The man went back to his doctor a few days later, and there was NO sign of cancer after they did more Xrays. The doctors were totally baffled.

We HAVE to have faith.

Maranatha
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 22 2009,08:42)

Or are we going to step out in FAITH and believe what God is telling us?  We can learn a lesson from the Israelites…..

My pastor told us a story not too long ago.  He spoke about a man calling who had never been to our church.  He said that he needed prayer, but did not go into detail about his problem.

He got to the church, and he was crippled-he could not walk without a walker.   My pastor was kinda freaked out, and said that he really didn't have much faith that God was going to do anything with the man….

Greetings M….Did it ever come to mind that…maybe it is not Gods voice you are hearing…in addition faith is some thing you clearly need to understand….every time somebody buys a lotery ticket,they are convinced they are going to win…that is the kind of faith that exists on a grand scale today among many so called christians….God helps those who help themselves….

First off, you seem to be implying that I was making up the story about God healing that man through my pastor. This was a true story, if I did not mention that.

Also, I was not the one who said they heard God's voice telling anyone to stop taking medicines. But IF I heard God telling me that, I would know that He confirms what He says, and I would do my very best to step out in faith and EXPECT a miracle.

What sort of church do you go to? If they don't believe that God CAN heal today, and that God DOES speak to us today, then you need to find a different sort of church.

When I was a teenager, I had a serious problem in my legs. Severe pain. I was on crutches sometimes, and could not walk. Doctors could not figure out what was wrong,but they thought it was related to my diabetes, like severe neuropathy.

I walked in a new church (NOT on crutches btw), and I sat down and listened to the sermon, in severe pain, yet trying to hide my pain. In the middle of the sermon, the pastor, who did not know me from Adam….yelled out…”There is someone in here who God said He was going to heal!!”

I looked around to see who he was going to go to….and he walked straight up to me and laid his hand on me, and everyone around laid their hands on me and I was HEALED right there!!

The pain never came back!

So what would have happened if that pastor heard a Voice in his head saying “Walk up to that girl and lay hands on her because I am going to heal her”, and he IGNORED that voice, thinking it was not God?????

I would probably be in a wheelchair right now!!

I praise God that there are still people out there who have enough faith to step out and BELIEVE when they do hear God's voice.

Again. I did NOT hear God telling me to stop any medicines. But IF I heard His voice, I would know that He is faithful to do what He says, even if it is not right at that moment.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Maranatha @ Aug. 23 2009,09:28)

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 23 2009,07:07)
    Maranatha  Are you not interestimg in what mt Husband has about Hell.  I agree with Him. Just tell me if you want to or not, so I don't keep the teread going.
    Irene

I don't mean to be rude, but no, I'm not really interested in it.  I know what the bible says about hell.  Sorry for my late replies to everyone's posts, but I visit several other groups online.

Really, you believe there is a literal Hell?
    That would surprise me not, cause most of so called Christians believe so. That is a lie that Satan wants everbody to believe.
    Good Luck to you, and goodbye.
    Irene

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 22 2009,22:07)

Here I am!

Sorry that last line was supposed to read ….

“your faith has made YOU well.”
    (Luke 17:19)

Blessings, and may God please show you that there is no fear in love. It is fear -not of punsihment but of awe! Love and submission.

Love and peace.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account