Proclaimer vs WJ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Now go back to the verses in question WJ and have another go.

The Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy by saying that he was claiming to be God.

Jesus corrected them and said ye are gods and he was the son of God.

John 10:32-36
    32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

So again WJ. Why are you like those Jews by claiming that Jesus was saying that he was God, when he said that was an accusation against him of blasphemy and that he in actual fact he said that he was the son of God and not God.

NOTE: Both Peter, Jesus, and myself are in agreement as to who Jesus is.
    You and those Jews that accused Jesus of blasphemy are in disagreement.

So how about you answer the question WJ in your next post?

Why accuse Jesus of blasphemy by saying that he claimed to be God?

Quote (t8 @ June 07 2011,20:34)
    Now go back to the verses in question WJ and have another go.

The Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy by saying that he was claiming to be God.

T8

You can’t have it both ways. Do you believe they were telling the truth when they say Jesus was claiming to be God? If you say “no” then why would you believe their claim that he would be blaspheming as true?

Besides it is obvious that to call Jesus “theos/god” would not be blasphemy when Jesus quoted the Psalmist who spoke of the wicked fallen judges who would die like men, though he said “I said ye are gods”.

So you will have to do better than this t8 because it looks like another one of those weak attempts at building another straw man argument.

Did Isaiah, John, and the Father blaspheme for calling Jesus “theos/god”?

Why are you accusing them of blasphemy?

Please answer this question and you will have your answer.

Do the scriptures call Jesus “theos/god” or not?

Instead of agreeing with the Jews (who you claim were lying) why don't you give me a scripture that says “it is blasphemy to call Jesus “theos/god”?

It is amazing that none of the Apostles ever wrote that Jesus was not “theos/god”, from the first century through the early church Fathers to this very day.

Remember t8 you said…

Quote (t8 @ June 14 2011,17:49)
    Actually I believe that Jesus is theos/god.

Can you find an Apostle or a early church Father that said… “Jesus is not theos/god'?  :D'

I didn't think so! Burn that strawman down!  :p

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

So in order to dig yourself out of a hole that you dug yourself, you now have to admit that there are other legit uses for theos in scripture.

It was a long time coming WJ. You should really be more accepting of truth to begin with rather than only admitting it when it benefits you.

My next post will come today probably. No time to do that now. But suffice to say for now, that if men can be called theos, then how much more the one whom men should aspire to be like.

This is theos in a qualitative sense WJ as I have been saying on here for years now and even quoted those early Church Fathers as saying the same.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account