Proclaimer vs Nick about when Jesus was considered the messiah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8.

If you were walking in the Spirit you would not manifest such deep insecurity and need to shun your companions.

Listen to the Spirit in the anointed ones.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes or no Nick. Anything else is from the Evil One and I will not entertain it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Yes is the prophetic truth.

Proclaimer
    Participant

After your yes or no to the simple question constructed entirely from scripture, I will then of course read your explanation as to why you answered yes or no.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

When the Master was asked in Lk 22

Art thou the Christ?

he gave an answer of 39 words.

I claim the same standard, but you may demand a higher standard than his.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Your reliance on simplistic logic robs scripture.

Open your ears.

Proclaimer
    Participant

When Jesus was asked if he was the Christ, he answered yes. And he gave an explanation.

You cannot answer yes to the question. You answer “yes but” which is “no”.

This is why you cannot answer the question as yes or no.

Matthew 5:37
    All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick. A man who cannot answer yes or no is hiding something. If he answers yes to what the scripture actually says, then he agrees. If he answers no, then he doesn’t agree. I can only assume that your answer is no because if it were yes, you wouldn’t hesitate to answer with a simple yes to show you agree with scripture. It is a shame that scripture is not trustworthy enough for you that you cannot wholeheartedly agree with it as it is written. You basically answer no, then add extra text so you can then say yes. Let me do a similar exercise.

Does God exist? Yes / No

1. Yes he does exist. (Clear and no explanation even needed as you are in agreement.)
    2. No he doesn’t exist. (Clear and no explanation even needed as you have made your stance clear for all to see.)

But let’s say I do NOT believe in the existence of God, but my conscience bugs me about answering ‘no’ as I know ‘yes’ is the correct answer, even though I actually do not believe he exists. So here is what to do. You can say something like this:

Yes God exists, but God is another name for the Universe.

See that. I get to actually say ‘yes’, but am really saying no. I satisfy the readers in as much as I have not denied his existence to expose myself as a fool, but then I change the meaning to actually say I do not believe he exists, but I get to use the word ‘yes’ in the sentence.

This is what you are doing Nick. The Devil is in the detail.

But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

Nick, there is absolutely no need to collude with the evil one. Just say yes or no. Anything else means you are unworthy to have a truthful discussion, and thus you shouldn’t be here in the forum. Have another go Nick.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account