Strange times

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cubes
    Participant

Without meaning any disrespect or bringing any accusation against the character of Pope John Paul The Great, I can't help noticing that we live in strange times indeed.

I just saw in the news that U.S. President W Bush, along with Mrs. Bush and former Presidents Bush and Clinton are all in Rome for the viewing of the Pope laying in State. Isn't that sort of significant? I feel that it is but I can't put my finger on it yet. President W Bush said something that indicated to me that he believes the Pope was on the Throne of St. Peter.

Also, I can't help contrasting this moment in history with the accounts of Jesus' death and burial, where guys like Joseph of Arimathea had to go ask permission simply to take his body and prepare it in a humble way. How sparse the gathering seemed, with the few faithful among whom were his mother and Mary Magdalene…

trettep
    Participant

Yes nothing has changed from the humble few in the early church.

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    George W Bush said in a speech something that alarmed me, to the effect that the pope gave moral backing to the US's 'war on terror'. I have never heard a world leader speak so constantly in 'moral' terms. It manipulates religious people into thinking he has divine authority for his mission to free the world from evil. So similar to the folly of the Crusades.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account