Stages of life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

And your constant willingness to change my words is showing your fruit. Thus, I call foul and question your Christianity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Your mission is to destroy faith such as you have done to your own.
    You have denied the Master.
    You deny the prophets.

You have nothing positive to offer anyone do you?

Towshab
    Participant

Yes, I think it is quite a positive to worship YHVH instead of a dead man. I also think it is a positive thing to stop giving 10% of one's money to a social club called a church when such money can go to legitimate charities that actually improve people's way of life. Furthermore, I find that it is quite positive to stop believing in fiction when reality is much better.

You?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    How can a non Jew worship God outside of the new covenant?

Towshab
    Participant

Because He is G-d? The covenant made with Jews was an action that signified that they were chosen to represent. God also made a covenant with Noah and I am a descendant of him. sorry if you feel you must believe in a pagan god-man to fit in. Not my problem.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    I asked HOW not WHY?

Towshab
    Participant

How? By prayer, praise, faith, and dedication. How do YOU worship you god?

Towshab
    Participant

Nick,

Do you think those in the city of Ninevah were Jewish? Yet G-d heard their cry and relented. They believed in G-d and did not have to convert to Judaism. How do you explain G-d's mercy upon them?

And what of Job? You have no indication that he was a Jew. What of Abraham? Noah? None of them Jewish. Israel itself did not come about until Jacob and the covenant with Israel until Mt. Sina and Moses. So what about all of those who preceded Moses yet still walked with G-d?

All proof that while Israel is G-d's chosen, this status does not mean he loves them alone and that none other can worship Him, just that He has set them aside to be a people who would be His example.

What other race of people do you know who have survived through so much adversity?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 23 2007,01:10)
    How? By prayer, praise, faith, and dedication. How do YOU worship you god?

Hi Tow,
    So you recognise there is a God and, since you do not believe in the truth of scripture, you have developed you own ideas for how sinners like yourself can relate to Him?

Good luck.

Towshab
    Participant

While I may not believe all of Tanakh because it was written by men, at least I do not put paganism into Tanakh and call it 'New Testament'. That is what the writers of your GT did. G-d warned against pagan gods, idols, and religions. Christianity is the result of failing to heed that warning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Do you have the help of some spirit to sort which parts of the bible are acceptable?

Towshab
    Participant

Sure, the same spirit that leads you to different conclusions about your bible than other Christians. The same spirit that leads to 1000s of different denominations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So the leaven of the Pharisees is what divided the whore from Christ.
    Is that the one?
    Please do not quote the OT if you cannot accept it as true?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2007,13:19)
    Hi Tow,
    So the leaven of the Pharisees is what divided the whore from Christ.
    Is that the one?
    Please do not quote the OT if you cannot accept it as true?

Sorry Nick, it is you who must have 100%. Neither OT or GT is 100% true. Although OT comes much closer while GT is much like Harry Potter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    If the OT is not reliable to you it stilll carries more weight here than you do.

Towshab
    Participant

Yes, I'm sure it does. Yet when I first came, there were more usres here. Since then, many have left. Where are they Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Are you implying that you have been successful in destroying faith?
    I doubt that has happened much but many may have tired of your efforts to do so.
    We want to learn from the message of God to us in the whole bible and clanging cymbals distract

Towshab
    Participant

clang clang clang

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    I thought you were truly aware of the beauty and harmony of the OT but reject the new.
    We can respect that view.
    Instead you respect neither and are your own god it seems.

Towshab
    Participant

I have a G-d, His name is YHVH. You have a god, his name is Jesus. Worship your god and leave my G-d out of it.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account