Son of Perdition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

I am also confused why most people say some future demon possessed human = the antichrist.

Mercy, this has also astonished and confused me for some time. If we look at the scriptures that actually speak of antichrists (in plural) we find that there isn't just one all powerful antichrist, but “many antichrists” and that they already existed in the apostles day. Let's look at the scriptures:

1 JOHN 2:18
    “Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as YOU have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.”
    (BACK THEN, THERE WERE “MANY ANTICHRISTS” ALREADY.)

1 JOHN 2:22
    “Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.”
    (BASICALLY, SOMEONE WHO IS ANTICHRIST IS AN ANTICHRIST)

1 JOHN 4:3
    “but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s [inspired expression] which YOU have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.”
    (IT WAS “ALREADY IN THE WORLD” BACK THEN.)

2 JOHN 7
    “For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.”

Mercy
    Participant

Good point David,

The antichrist may simply be a title of anyone who denies Jesus is the Christ and nothing more.

1 John 2:18
    18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

Is John saying that a really bad singular antichrist is coming and many little antichrists are already among them.

or

Is John saying that a the spirit or movement or apostasy of a christ denying nature is coming. Then he coins the term antichrist to describe this falling away and procedes to point out that many persons have already taken part in this apostasy and so he calls them antichrists?

However, the son of perdition / the beast who will exalt himself over God and sit in the temple to be worshipped will no doubt be an antichrist, and could justifiable be called a chief among all antichrists.

II Thessalonians 2:3-4
    3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
    4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

The term antichrist might not be specifically meant for the being described above, however, I think that title would be an accurate one to describe him.

kenrch
    Participant

Who does anyone think the antichrist might be? Tell you what the Prime Minister who wanted to give land to the palestines to promote peace had me thinking of 1Thess 5:1-3.
    They will be saying peace and safety then sudden destruction will come upon them.

I think, only my opion, that the antichrist will be the prime minister of Isarel who will bring “peace and safety” to Isarel and then declare war on christians (Rev. 13:7).

Will not the antichrist be the one who assends from out of the bottomless pit? Is he not the same who will kill the two witnesses?

Rev. 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Rev. 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

In Iran, there is a well that the Moslems believe their messiah will ascend from. They have people visit this well every day and pray over it. It is for this reason the Iranian leader is trying to usher in world war. For they believe this has to happen in order for their messiah to ascend from this will. It is possible this will just may be the bottomless pit spoken of in Revelations 9. There was a special, I can't be sure if it was niteline or what it was for sure. On this, I don't remember, but they showed the well and spoke of how the Iranians and many other Moslems believe their messiah will come from this well. I think it is very interesting.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    “Who does anyone think the antichrist might be? Tell you what the Prime Minister who wanted to give land to the palestines to promote peace had me thinking of 1Thess 5:1-3.
    They will be saying peace and safety then sudden destruction will come upon them.”

Good points

david
    Participant

I am not here stating that the man of lawlessness is the U.N. It is not. Nor am I suggesting that the U.N. is “the” antichrist, as some believe there to be “the” antichrist. But adding to Nick's comments, about 1 thess 5:3:

The U.N.'s charter has in it, as the prime purpose, peace and security!

THE preamble to the United Nations Charter expresses these noble aims:
    “We the peoples of the United Nations determined to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, . . . and [desiring] to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, . . . have resolved to combine our efforts to accomplish these aims.”

Hopes that were built up for the UN exceeded all reality. Former U.S. secretary of state Cordell Hull said it held the key to “the very survival of our civilization.” U.S. president Harry Truman called it a “supreme chance to . . . create an enduring peace under the guidance of God.” The UN’s Charter was called “possibly the most momentous document ever produced by man” and “a turning point in the history of civilization.” Forty years later, Gregory J. Newell of the U.S. Department of State said: “The cause was oversold: disappointment was inevitable.”

It existed as the League of Nations before. But it was abyssed. It was not (existing). Then it ascended out of the abyss, with a new name, a similar name, and a very similar purpose. But it will go off into destruction. (Rev 17:8a)

It seems, if anyone will be in a global position to proclaim peace and security, it is the U.N, for that is it's purpose. But it will not be a true peace or security, of course.

Just some thoughts.

dave

Mercy
    Participant

H,

I think the antichrist is Abaddon. Most people think he is a man. I think he is a fallen angel in the guise of a man. He is released from the abyss where he has been since the days of Noah.

I have to agree with you Mercy. I believe Apollyon will be the antichrist and he will take the disquise of a man. Who the man is to be is yet to be seen? For the bottomless pit has yet to be opened. I believe when the pit is opened, that the fallen angels will come into the world and will take over many who have been prepared for them. I believe that man has been preparing for the arrival of the beast and his hoards since they were bound in the Abyss in the days of Noah. I believe the human race has been genetically altered to host the coming beings who will arrive at the opening of the fifth seal.

Apollyon
    “The destroyer”. In the new testament of the Bible, Apollyon is called the angel of the bottomless pit. Abaddon, a poetic name for the land of the dead in the old testament, is Apollyon's Greek translation from the Hebrew language. Apollyon, in early Christian literature, is a name for the devil. He is identified as an angel of death, “hideous to behold, with scales like a fish, wings like a dragon, bear's feet, and a lion's mouth.”

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account