Some do not properly understand the bible!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Why do some today not properly understand the Bible?

Jesus made it very clear why certain ones today do not understand the Bible! For in John 14:6 Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” Then in John 6:44 he continues: “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him and I will raise him up at the last day.”

There is a side-point here worth mentioning. Jesus here told us that the only way to the Father was through him. Next he told us that the Father sent him. So how could it be that God took on a body of flesh? God can only be approached through his Son Jesus Christ. Now was it to be true that Jesus was God; it would have been an easy matter to approach him while he walked this earth; but since he was the Son of God and sent by God, approaching him directly would not have gained anyone anything, because he was not the Father, but the Son. In his office of “mediator,” and through his sacrificial death he was, and is “always alive to plead for those who come to God through him.” [Timothy 2:5] [Hebrews 9:24;7:25] The fact that Jesus has to plead in our behalf to his Father shows that Jesus was not God! One doesn't plead with himself, now does he? Point of fact is, if Jesus was God, here we have an instance where Jesus is pleading or interceding with himself for those who come to God through him. That is rather a silly notion now isn't it? A touch confusing as well. No Jesus was not God, and only those who do not properly understand will teach otherwise. Jesus explained what was wrong with this type at Matthew 13: 13-15 and John 14:16. Lacking the Holy Spirit, as they do, they could never understand a word of the Bible, and this scripture in John tells us that, that is exactly the case! Now, back to the subject at hand.

Now what will take place for those ones who are drawn by Jehovah to his Son? One thing is found at Matthew 13:11 where this statement is made: “The knowledge of the secrets of the Kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.” So the ones drawn by Jehovah to his Son have been granted to understand these secrets. Others are not granted to understand those secrets. That shows what is wrong with those ones who do not properly understand the Bible. They have not been granted to understand it! Once again Matthew 13: 13-15 explains what is wrong with these ones.

One other thing that will take place for the ones drawn by Jehovah to his Son is found at Luke 24:45 which tells us: “Then he opened their minds so they could understand the scriptures.”

So, the reason that some do not properly understand the Bible is, because, they have not been granted to understand it, nor have they had their minds opened by the Christ to understand the Holy scriptures.

Jesus described the condition these ones were in, in Matthew 13: 13-15 and because of this condition, comes the false teaching that Jesus was God, as well as many other false teachings. That teaching shows beyond any doubt that they do not properly understand the Bible! In description of these ones, Jesus went on to say the following:

“Therefore speak I unto them in parables: because they seeing, see not; and hearing, they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of E-sa'-ias, which saith, BY HEARING YE SHALL HEAR, AND SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND; AND SEEING YE SHALL SEE, AND SHALL NOT PERCEIVE: FOR THIS PEOPLES HEART IS WAXED GROSS, AND THEIR EARS ARE DULL OF HEARING, AND THEIR EYES THEY HAVE CLOSED; LEST AT ANY TIME THEY SHOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND SHOULD UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND SHOULD BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM.” [Isaiah 6:9,10]

So, in that spiritually blind condition, without first having been granted to understand the Bible, and without having the mind fully opened by the Christ, and lacking the Holy Spirit, one would not properly understand the Bible and could not possibly put forth an interpretation of scripture that was correct. Try as they might! Texas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account