Should some forums be restricted?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 231 total)
  • Author

ken

You said…

Look I'm all for answering those who are seeking the Lord.  But Tow is NOT seeking the Lord at all!!!!!

If a person comes here seeking the Lord why are we to allow a AntiChrist to deceive him.

Are we our brother's keeper?

Yes we are our brothers keeper. I think anyway. Look bro, you make some valid points. I guess the way I am looking at it is in America, the first and most important law governing our country is “freedom of speech” and “freedom of reliegion”.

However freedom of speech can be abused. Yet to protect this freedom we have to unfortunately allow a lot of stuff to be said that we might not agree with.

The question is, “Where do you draw the line?” t8 points out that the line should be drawn between believers in Christ, “Christians”, or unbelievers, “Non-Christian”. I agree as I think you do too. So it would seem best to me to not totally cut of the freedom of others to speak, but allow them to speak in an alloted area. If you dont then there will be many that may not have the chance to hear the truth and possibly change from being an atheist or unbeliever.

This way you can still have the Christian forums or “church as some may see it”, :p, Yet you could have a place for the unbeliever where the Christians can go out of the church as they are led, into the highways and byways (anything goes forum) and witness to the unsaved.

IMHO :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,17:45)
    Actually you're wrong about grief…….some good can come out of it. But I know that isn't what you were trying to say.

Well, bro, regarding this site and how you have come to believe parts of it are wicked – you'll have to answer to God on that one so you should do what he is telling you to do – even if that means leaving us. If your spirit is telling you to leave then there is nothing I can say to stop you.

I'll miss you though.
    Mandy

Won't we all have to answer to GOD! Including those who mislead others OR just happen to forget the truth for awhile or even refuse to obey HIM! :laugh: Mark 7:6 :(

I could sugar coat the words OR better yet tell you just what you want to hear OR DON'T tell you what you NEED to hear.

I won't have your blood on my hands some should think about that!

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, we all will get our turn answering to God. The thing is, I don't feel like I am doing anything wrong? I am searching God out. I am listening to everyone's opinion and interpretation of scripture. Stu has some interesting things to say about science and I enjoy searching that out as well.

Listen, I feel like I have been given one version of the truth. Growing up, that meant I was an “Assembly of God” church goer and believer. I wasn't allowed to question anything! I am enjoying the search…..and I am enjoying the wonder and the not-knowing. I am thrilled with the idea that for once in my life, I don't have a pat-answer for everything. This hasn't always been the case, even as of late. But I am learning to embrace change and uncertainty. I'm learning a greater faith than I've ever known. I am His.

Proclaimer
    Participant

But can those who don't believe in God assist you in searching God out?

I understand that we should never shut out believers because the kingdom is inside us and even though our minds may have fallen, our spirit is born from above and with scripture our minds can be renewed. So shutting out a believer could be like shutting out a truth.

But I just don't see how an atheist or mockers can assist in searching out God.

Jeremiah 15:17
    I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.

Jude 1:18
    How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

I can understand debating with atheists on the merits of why God exists or even about biblical texts, but what encouragement or good thing can a man who doesn't believe in God do for the faith? I think the answer is simple. They cannot contribute any good thing, rather to deny it. What else can they say if they do not believe?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Actually if it eventuates that there is an allotted area for believers only, then it will most likely be the minority of forums.

It could be the following forums:

• Scripture & Biblical Doctrine
  • Truth or Tradition?
  • Biblical Prophecy
  • Bible Trivia

The others could be open to all. I think there are about 14 others. Even Bible Trivia could be open too.

That way believers would have the choice to participate in all forums or just with other believers.

That seems to be the best solution for all to me at least.

The only one who misses out are non-believers in 3 or 4 forums and I don't think non-believers will really care, as they theoretically wouldn't be interested in the topics there. Except for maybe a few mockers who just want to hinder the learning process of those who are learning, which should be all believers.

My 5 cents worth. (We do not have a 2 cent piece in New Zealand anymore.) :)

TimothyVI
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 26 2007,20:44)
But can those who don't believe in God assist you in searchind out?g Go

I understand that we should never shut out believers because the kingdom is inside us and even though our minds may have fallen, our spirit is born from above and with scripture our minds can be renewed. So shutting out a believer could be like shutting out a truth.

Jeremiah 15:17
I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.

Jude 1:18
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

I can understand debating with atheists on the merits of why God exists or even about biblical texts, but what encouragement or good thing can a man who doesn't believe in God do for the faith? I think the answer is simple. They cannot contribute any good thing, rather to deny it. What else can they say if they do not believe?

Hi T8,

You said

But can those who don't believe in God assist you in searchind out?g Go

Did not God harden the heart of the non believing Pharoah so that He could show His power to the world?

I guess that I believe that God uses evil to bring about good.
He uses dissension to bring about unity. I am not certain that God did not send stu and tow to this forum to show the error in their thinking.

At any rate, it is all in His hands.

Tim

kenrch
Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,18:10)
Yes, we all will get our turn answering to God. The thing is, I don't feel like I am doing anything wrong? I am searching God out. I am listening to everyone's opinion and interpretation of scripture. Stu has some interesting things to say about science and I enjoy searching that out as well.

Listen, I feel like I have been given one version of the truth. Growing up, that meant I was an “Assembly of God” church goer and believer. I wasn't allowed to question anything! I am enjoying the search…..and I am enjoying the wonder and the not-knowing. I am thrilled with the idea that for once in my life, I don't have a pat-answer for everything. This hasn't always been the case, even as of late. But I am learning to embrace change and uncertainty. I'm learning a greater faith than I've ever known. I am His.

Mandy you don't know if their is a God? You don't know if Jesus is God's lamb?

Do you think you can find God is an atheist or an AntiChrist?

Again these people are not seeking God. Funny how you had Tow pegged right but now have changed your mind! Sounds to me and looks to me like you have been deceived. Do you think that this is IMPOSSIBLE?

Satan used scripture to tempt Jesus the Son of God. Do you think Satan is perhaps smarter than you and I? Neither one of these messengers admit that they have Not tasted of the Spirit. Don't become offended but have you?

I believed you have BUT now I hope you haven't! If you have and fall then it's over! Seems you “may” have fallen already.

You deny scripture that tells you not to give an ear to these messengers. Your Saviour said to shake the dust off your feet!

But you want to do the other. Just as Christmas and Easter!

No one is free Mandy! You are free to choose who you will serve
and that's it. You choose to serve God then you refuse to serve Satan you choose not to serve God then you choose to serve Satan. This was THE SIN! The sin that started it all because of pride. No one including Jesus can be God.

What secret do you think TOW has? You think he knows something you don't that will increase your knowledge?

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything–and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you–abide in him.

Do you believe the above scripture? If so then why would you run after an Antichrist?

Some would say why are you judging. You shouldn't judge just let your brother/sister fall! I'll let you in a little secret Tow is not the only Antichrist. Some are in lambs clothing.

Jesus said He would leave the 99 sheep to go after one who has strayed.

You say their are lots of Christian sites out there>LET THEM JOIN ONE OF THOSE< well there are many Jewish Antichrist sites also, Why don't you join one of those after all TOW is not a real Jew! :laugh:

I can remember at one time we voted if we should let denominations on this site…MY HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED….Now it's should we let a deceiving, heathen, Antichrist on this site……..HA! I voted to let a person who believed in Jesus on the site because they are deceived as we were following the harlot. Most at that time didn't want to let denominations on the site. HA! NOW! Some as yourself want to allow a person not seeking truth but seeking to deceive on the site when they did not want a confused believer on.

t8 said “I'm not saying it's my way or the hwy” I'm saying It's Jesus and John's way or it's the HWY for me. I would never stay
in a church that preaches Jesus is the false Messiah, so why would I stay here?

OH yes for some of us this IS church! Including yourself!

If this site continues to embrace Tow as one of their own. Then I will make some happy. :(

Not3in1
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 26 2007,20:44)
But can those who don't believe in God assist you in searching God out?

I agree with Tim. I believe that non-believer's can assist with the growth of Christians. Don't all things work together for good to those who love him? Speaking with Stu and Tow has put my face in the Scriptures more than speaking with any other here. Now that is a testimony. But I'm only one person and so there you go.

Sometimes when you are forced to defend what you believe, you begin to narrow down exactly what you DO believe. You search out the truths that you will stand on and those you can dismiss (the Trinity is one example that I dismissed because a JW told me it wasn't true).

kenrch
Participant

That's quite a change, Mandy:

Not3in1 Online

Group: Regular Members
Posted: Oct. 29 2007,17:07 QUOTE
2 John 7-11, in part

Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world.

Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Anyone who does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and Son.

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

Just like the frog :(

kenrch
Participant

How do you explain a drastic change?

I have going back and reading all post and there is a change gradually has taken place not only with you but i must admit mostly you.

You scare me Mandy, WHY? Because you influence people into the way you think.

From reading the posts you went from a word from God about a “stranger” who is up to No good AT ALL! TOO he may have some truth for me!!!!

As the above shows you even quoted the same scriptures Mrs and I have been trying to show………….WHAT HAPPENED?!

The same that will happen to most those who listen to the father of lies.

kenrch
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 26 2007,17:51)
ken

You said…

Look I'm all for answering those who are seeking the Lord. But Tow is NOT seeking the Lord at all!!!!!

If a person comes here seeking the Lord why are we to allow a AntiChrist to deceive him.

Are we our brother's keeper?

Yes we are our brothers keeper. I think anyway. Look bro, you make some valid points. I guess the way I am looking at it is in America, the first and most important law governing our country is “freedom of speech” and “freedom of reliegion”.

However freedom of speech can be abused. Yet to protect this freedom we have to unfortunately allow a lot of stuff to be said that we might not agree with.

The question is, “Where do you draw the line?” t8 points out that the line should be drawn between believers in Christ, “Christians”, or unbelievers, “Non-Christian”. I agree as I think you do too. So it would seem best to me to not totally cut of the freedom of others to speak, but allow them to speak in an alloted area. If you dont then there will be many that may not have the chance to hear the truth and possibly change from being an atheist or unbeliever.

This way you can still have the Christian forums or “church as some may see it”, :p, Yet you could have a place for the unbeliever where the Christians can go out of the church as they are led, into the highways and byways (anything goes forum) and witness to the unsaved.

IMHO :)

WJ I appreciate your concern but does Satan have an office at the church you attend? :D Do you think your Father would like that?

Again, at least in this case you can see what this person is doing. Mandy saw what he was up too, warned everyone quoted the same scriptures I have been quoting but now wants him on the site.

Now imagine someone seeking God but knows nothing of God. Do you want to be responsible for this person never knowing the Lord your God?! Because of the confusion of Tow and Stu?

Oh I'll just tell God well that was in a different room! Same address BUT different room!

Sorry for all who disagree but that's NOT for me! My name is in the book but it can be erased!

Do we do man's will OR what seems right OR do we listen to scripture which speaks of what is happening here right NOW!

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.
2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.
2Jo 1:8 Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.
2Jo 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
2Jo 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting,
2Jo 1:11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Goodness if you greet him then you take part in his work. What happens if you give him a room in your house!

Mar 6:11 And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.”

Why should we shake the dust off our feet? To testify against him. Again if a young convert sees everyone paying attention to the Antichrist what will he think?

A hasty decision is NOT needed here. This is more serious than people would want to believe.

Not3in1
Participant

Hi brother Ken,

I don't have a huge amount to time this morning to respond.  In fact, I've had HeavenNet running, but I've been on the phone unable to read or respond.  So, I'll try to address some of your concerns and then come back later, if need be.  First of all, I want you to know that I love you.  And I respect all of what you are saying here to me.  I know you are trying to watch out for me like a good brother should.  In fact, let me qualify that by saying you have given me more care than my own blood-brother!

I have going back and reading all post and there is a change gradually has taken place not only with you but i must admit mostly you.

Yes, I have changed.  I addressed this fact with David not too long ago.  He also felt the need to go back into the archives and bring out some of my words.  I also wrote a post where I explained that I was in error to say the things I did regarding Tow.  The warning was for me, personally.  We all make mistakes.  What can I say?  People are allowed to change their minds.  People are allowed to grow and to learn.  People are allowed to keep some truths while denying others as they uncover evidence.  If I stood by statements that I made even 4 years ago….I would still be a Trinitarian!  That is not to say that I am flighty…..but I am here because I am searching, Ken.  I do not have all the answers yet like some do here.

You scare me Mandy, WHY?  Because you influence people into the way you think.

I've noticed this too (by all the PM's I receive from various member's and other's).  I cannot help this.  I always tell folks that I am searching.  I am not a teacher like some are here.  I do not have a set theology yet (I only denied the Trinity a few years ago).  I do have opinions and feelings and thoughts on almost every subject – I enjoy this forum a lot which is a reflection of the number of posts I have made.  But I do not have all the answers!  I always tell folks that I am learning and so my thoughts may change at any given time.  In other words……don't quote me………but I guess you already have.  :;):

From reading the posts you went from a word from God about a “stranger” who is up to No good AT ALL!  TOO he may have some truth for me!!!!

I also have addressed this.  I believe I spoke something publically that was meant for me personally.  This is between me and God now.  Some have said, “If God has warned you then why do you ignore God?”  And this is reasonable.  All I can hope is that everyone obey's God when they are spoken to.  Have you or anyone else been told to do something by God and then went your own way?  I'm sure everyone has at one time or another.  Usually there are consequences for such behavior but rarely are you cast into utter hell for it.  I am a child of God.  As a child, I am still learning.  Sometimes we learn from discipline.

As the above shows you even quoted the same scriptures Mrs and I have been trying to show………….WHAT HAPPENED?!

I believe the scriptures, bro.  However, you tell me not to entertain Tow and Stu or as Mrs. says – not to repsond to them – but I see you both doing what you are telling me not to.  I've had this kind of teaching while growing up, it goes like this, “Do what I say, not what I do.”  I know you have my best interst at heart – my salvation at heart – but we all must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.  We will not stand before God as a group, but as individuals.  I must answer for myself.  And if I must answer for myself, I need to be sure of those answers. This is what I am trying to do.  Please be patient with me.

I would never stay
in a church that preaches Jesus is the false Messiah, so why would I stay here?  

I wouldn't either.  Tow is not everyone, Ken.  He is one person.  I wouldn't let him drive me away, but you must do what you feel you must.  I may not agree with everything that goes on here, and I may not agree with whatever t8 decides to do with the forums, but I can still participate.  We don't have to like everything.  OK, gotta run.  I love you, bro, and I would be sad to see you go.  Not everyone will embrace every word in the Bible – that's just the way it is.  This forum doesn't have a pre-req that we do.  This forum doesn't even require that everyonen is a “Christain”, and I believe that is why it gets so many hits and has a core group that participates.  Most of us have been shunned from traditional churches, and traditional definitions of what a “Christian” means……that's why we find comfort here.  I know that I do.  :)

With love,
Mandy

Not3in1
Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 27 2007,06:15)
Mandy saw what he was up too, warned everyone quoted the same scriptures I have been quoting but now wants him on the site.

I don't believe I have directly said this, Ken. Be careful what you quote as truth.

I have said that I think everyone should be able to participate, however.

kenrch
Participant

Here is your warning to kejonn NOT that it did any good in fact it backfired!

kejonn

Posted: Oct. 28 2007,12:32 QUOTE
Hi gang,

Towshab and I have been going at it “behind the scenes”. He knows I am desirous of learning the Tanach — particularly the Torah — but he also know that while I'm “teetering” that I still hold a special place in my heart for Yeshua. He has pointed me to many things but I've also appealed to him as well. Be patient with him because he went through similar situations as me. It is surprising to see the number of ppl who are trying to shed their selves of pagan influences. Sadly, it seems that many on this board are not.

I hope that you folks realize that he is just a human like any of us and is subject to emotions getting the best of him.

LG&LP,
Kevin
————————————————-
Not3in1 Online

Posted: Oct. 28 2007,18:26 QUOTE
Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 28 2007,13:42)
Quote (kejonn @ Oct. 28 2007,12:32)
Towshab and I have been going at it “behind the scenes”. He knows I am desirous of learning the Tanach — particularly the Torah — but he also know that while I'm “teetering” that I still hold a special place in my heart for Yeshua.

I hope and pray that as I mature as a christian I NEVER get to a stage where I would make a statement like this. Instead I hope that Yeshua becomes increasingly significant to me in my life, to the point where I, like Paul, might make statements like this:

“For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21)

Amen!

Knowledge is a good thing. But faith is better……

Many things are hidden or unsearchable, but without faith it is impossible to please God (this goes for the God of the OT as well).

Kevin, will there come a day when you consider our dear Lord to be a pagen influence that needs to be shed? I fear you are headed in this direction under the counsel of a stranger to God. The water is about to boil…..JUMP!

WHAT HAPPENED MANDY?

You should follow your advice to kejonn………JUMP!

Not3in1
Participant

Ken,

You need to stop this – really!

You cannot keep slinging people's words back at them. It does no good. People will do what they will no matter how many archives you visit and cut and paste. I'm sorry but people are free to change their minds! People are free to post and read what they will.

You and Irene are really taking this to another level and yet you both are STILL posting to Stu (just today, in fact). Talk about practicing what you preach! Goodness.

By the way, I still believe everything I wrote in the above archive of my words! Nothing in that regard has changed. Have I denied Christ? Have I denied faith? Have I said that Christ only holds a dear spot in my life but I do not believe him to be the Messiah? Nope. So what gives? Why are you harassing me like this?

I didn't want to say it like this, but, Ken – please leave me alone now. Let me search things out on my own. I would appreciate some space and some room to grow……

Thanks, bro.
Mandy

kenrch
Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 27 2007,06:26)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 27 2007,06:15)
Mandy saw what he was up too, warned everyone quoted the same scriptures I have been quoting but now wants him on the site.

I don't believe I have directly said this, Ken. Be careful what you quote as truth.

I have said that I think everyone should be able to participate, however.

Not3in1 Offline

N 3 In 1

Posted: Nov. 07 2007,04:47 QUOTE
Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 06 2007,20:46)
It is plain to me, that you never knew Him in the first place. You are a wanderer in the world.

I have been praying for some confirmation regarding what, I believe, the Lord told me concerning Tow. The Lord told me he never knew him, and that he was a “stranger”. Well, come to find out, someone looked up his name in Hebrew and it meant “Stranger.”

Having asked for confirmation, I find this post by sister Laurel.

In listening to this stranger, I nearly was deceived! Yes! The one who warned other's was nearly taken in by the words of the one who has “never knew him”.

Again, I caution those who feed this fire. You avail nothing, but to only further puts his words of falsehood out there for more to stumble on. OUCH! I know I stumbled……

1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you.

Amen! And thank you sister Laurel for being used of the Lord. Also to brother Ken who sent me a PM with words of knowledge that I needed. This is truly a body of Christ!

What happened Mandy did you get smarter?

Wake up sister! Please wake up!!!!!!!!!!!

kejonn
Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 26 2007,13:45)

kejonn

Hi gang,

Towshab and I have been going at it “behind the scenes”. He knows I am desirous of learning the Tanach — particularly the Torah — but he also know that while I'm “teetering” that I still hold a special place in my heart for Yeshua. He has pointed me to many things but I've also appealed to him as well. Be patient with him because he went through similar situations as me. It is surprising to see the number of ppl who are trying to shed their selves of pagan influences. Sadly, it seems that many on this board are not.

I hope that you folks realize that he is just a human like any of us and is subject to emotions getting the best of him.

LG&LP,
Kevin
————————————————-
Not3in1 Online

Towshab and I have been going at it “behind the scenes”. He knows I am desirous of learning the Tanach — particularly the Torah — but he also know that while I'm “teetering” that I still hold a special place in my heart for Yeshua.

I hope and pray that as I mature as a christian I NEVER get to a stage where I would make a statement like this. Instead I hope that Yeshua becomes increasingly significant to me in my life, to the point where I, like Paul, might make statements like this:

Amen!

Knowledge is a good thing.  But faith is better……

Many things are hidden or unsearchable, but without faith it is impossible to please God (this goes for the God of the OT as well).

Kevin, will there come a day when you consider our dear Lord to be a pagen influence that needs to be shed?  I fear you are headed in this direction under the counsel of a stranger to God.  The water is about to boil…..JUMP!

WHAT HAPPENED MANDY?

I warned you once before not to bring me into your posts unless addressing me. I am now reporting you to the admins for harassment.

You are obsessed. Leave me out of your posts unless you wish to directly communicate with me.

kenrch
Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Nov. 27 2007,07:25)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 26 2007,13:45)

kejonn

Hi gang,

LG&LP,
Kevin
————————————————-
Not3in1 Online

Amen!

Knowledge is a good thing. But faith is better……

Kevin, will there come a day when you consider our dear Lord to be a pagen influence that needs to be shed? I fear you are headed in this direction under the counsel of a stranger to God. The water is about to boil…..JUMP!

WHAT HAPPENED MANDY?

I warned you once before not to bring me into your posts unless addressing me. I am now reporting you to the admins for harassment.

You are obsessed. Leave me out of your posts unless you wish to directly communicate with me.

You are directly involved like it or not kejonn! You even said so!

seekingtruth
Participant

In my opinion it seems wise to have a few forums where believers can discuss topics without being assailed by unbelievers. If the unbeliever wants to discuss one of those topics he could start a thread of the same topic in a forum open to all.

Wm

kenrch
Participant

If I'm kicked off for wanting to save a sister from the deceit of an Antichrist well so be it!

I would love to leave you out of anything I do BUT as it is you are at the foundation of the problem, sorry!

You brought the man here YOU have left Jesus.

2Co 11:3 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

1Ti 6:3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness,
1Ti 6:4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account