Should some forums be restricted?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 25 2007,22:48)
    To heaven: I no longer wish to have posting rights BUT I do wish to observe! Is that possible?!

Yes. You can delete your account and be a guest.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Tow Do you own this Website, that you answered Ken?
    I hope not.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 25 2007,23:43)
    Tow Do you own this Website, that you answered Ken?
    I hope not.

No I was just telling how he could do what he asked.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 26 2007,16:35)

To heaven:  I no longer wish to have posting rights BUT I do wish to observe!  Is that possible?!

or just don't touch any quote or reply buttons.

kenrch
    Participant

To heaven: I no longer wish to have posting rights BUT I do wish to observe! Is that possible?!

Can't wait! :laugh:

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 26 2007,16:53)

or just don't touch any quote or reply buttons.

I bet you think you are cute! :laugh: You say what you don't mean and mean what you don't say. Then as I said call it rhymes.

Your own under tow will drag you down. :)

Have fun! :laugh:

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 25 2007,23:56)

You'd do Christianity a favor if you did. People like you made me question Christianity in the first place.

Not3in1
    Participant

Brother Ken……..

Please. Don't do this.

Mandy

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 26 2007,17:04)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 25 2007,23:56)

You'd do Christianity a favor if you did. People like you made me question Christianity in the first place.

Your pride made you question Christianity. But now it's my fault that's why you are a heathen. OH I suppose that will work with these deceived. Go ahead do your thing! :laugh:

WOW!

Hey If I'm helping you (as you say) then I should be well liked!!! Sooner or latter! :laugh:

I don't doubt that you will be saved once you are finished!

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,17:07)
    Brother Ken……..

Please. Don't do this.

Mandy

Don't do what? Tell the truth. Where have I lied?

Oh how I love Jesus I just won't do as He says. We can use our OWN judgment! Just like Adam and Cain! That's right YOU decide if his lies are true! :laugh: Use your “book” knowledge, HA!

In his mouth it was sweet but in his belly it became sour! Ring a bell? :laugh:

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 26 2007,12:56)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,10:56)
    t8,
    If an unbeliever is not allowed in the Scripture thread, how will he possibly become a Christian?  By only being allowed in threads with other non-believer's?  This doesn't quite make sense, and possibly I'm misunderstanding you?  Will the non-beliver's be able to view the thread but not post?  But then what if they have a question?  Are they not able to ask a Christian anything?  Hmmmm

I agree with Tim and Kejonn that if some here want an inclusive (or exclusive) club for Christians – there are plenty out there for them to join.  What if this site only allowed those who don't believe in the Trinity?  Then we would not have fellowship with WJ and other's who are Trinitarian.  What a huge loss that would be!

I still stand by my suggesstion to enlarge the rules to include the respect of God and his nature.  If non-believer's cannot follow the rules, then after the appropriate warnings received…….they're out!  That way, if they are harrassing anyone – they won't be able to do it for long.  

To be perfectly honest, how do you determine a “believer” anyway?  Some “believe” that Jesus is God – other's do not.  Are the ones that believe he is God believer's and the other's non-believer's?  Or is it just those who consider themselves “Christians” that would be allowed full posting privileges?  I know some folks who by my definition are non-believer's but they consider themselves “Christians.”.  Who would decide what being a Christian means?  Would there be definition posted and an evaluation form to fill out?  You see where I'm going with this.

Besides, it's human nature to surround controversy.  It's why we slow down on the Interstate to “look” at the mangled car wreck.  It's why we love drama.  It's why our 5 O'clock news is filled with murder and mayhem versus good samaritan stories.  If we had threads only open to non-believer's…….I bet they would be popular threads (used by non and believer's alike).  It would become the place where you would feel free to talk about anything.  Kind of like what we enjoy NOW.  
    :;):

Hi Not3in1 and everyone else.

I am not saying that it is my way or the highway, but I am expressing my opinion and am actually also happy to keep it the way it is with rules that bar users from changing the subject. Although I made the point that this would be very hard to administer.

As far as non-believers forums, I wasn't thinking along those lines. Rather forums for all that includes believers and non-believers alike. These forums would be suitable for debating things like is there a God, what one must do to obtain salvation, or science etc.

Just to make the record straight. Heaven Net discussions are sorted this way:

BBS > Categories > Forums > Discussions/threads

An example of the above is:
    Heaven Net > GENERAL STUFF > Creation & Science >  Bananas

So a forum is really a grouping of discussions and not the whole BBS (Bulleting Board).

So if there was a believer only area, it could take place at Category level. Something like:

• SCRIPTURE & DOCTRINE for believers only.
  • GUESTBOOK, PRAYER & ADVICE , GENERAL STUFF, HELPDESK for all members (believer and non-believer alike).

Or it could be that some forums are open to believers only, such as “Scripture & Biblical Doctrine”, Truth or Tradition?, Biblical Prophecy, & Bible Trivia while all others are open to all members, which includes: “The Bible” too. As I think that non-believers can contribute good things regarding biblical texts, etc.

The reason of course is to allow believers a non-hindered experience when talking about scriptural teachings.
    It seems to me that so far, we cannot really progress beyond defending the basics such as does God exist, in many of the scriptural discussions.

I would assume that the enemy will just bring more unbelievers to stop us from making any kind of progress in this forum. I tend to think this weaknesses will only be exploited more and more, as it is within the nature of our adversaries to do so. Remember that one of the antichrist's tactics is to wear down the saints.

I know I spend a good amount of time deleting spammers who register here, and time wasters are only increasing here and in the rest of the WWW too. I also think people who post the same thing in unrelated discussions are spammers too.

That said, another option is to make people stick to the topic of the discussion. For this to work however, members would need to report posts that are not related to the topic. A blind eye could be turned for most, as they may only be slight deviations or a deviation to prove a point that is ultimately related to the topic. But when someone speaks bad about God or a person, then if it were reported to a moderator, it could lead to increasing the warning level of that member. After 5 warnings, that member would lose posting rights and thus there would be a weeding out of trouble makers.

However, a believer only “Scripture & Doctrine” category (or at least some of the forums contained therein) could eliminate most of the administration and also make it easier, clearer, and more interesting for others to read the discussions without having to contend with unbelievers who will try and stop progress of a discussion or degrade the quality of a discussion.

:)

• t8

You said…

So a forum is really a grouping of discussions and not the whole BBS (Bulleting Board).

So if there was a believer only area, it could take place at Category level. Something like:

SCRIPTURE & DOCTRINE for believers only.

GUESTBOOK, PRAYER & ADVICE , GENERAL STUFF, HELPDESK for all members (believer and non-believer alike).

Or it could be that some forums are open to believers only, such as “Scripture & Biblical Doctrine”, Truth or Tradition?, Biblical Prophecy, & Bible Trivia while all others are open to all members, which includes: “The Bible” too. As I think that non-believers can contribute good things regarding biblical texts, etc.

I like your ideas here. I think that it is important to allow a place where anyone with any belief on unbelief can come and discuss what they want.

As Christian we could participate if we want in those forums or threads.

Like I mentioned earlier, these could be for believers and non-believers or guest.

While I dont personally believe someone should look at this sight as their church, however if we viewed it as a church then we would not allow agnostics or unbelevers to come in and take over the services or sunday school classes. On the other hand we would not want to exclude them from coming in church and hearing and learning the Word of God.

But we would want to allow them a place to post their questions or concerns or even their critisism.

Mandy has some valid concerns about censoring unbelievers.

I think in answering her concer
    n, to know if someone is a Christian, Jew, unbeliever or atheist, to become a member they would have to answer a few questions.

If they dont want to Answer the questions, they can remain a guest and are restricted to only the alloted areas for the guest, unbelievers or “Anythng goes” forum.

Ken has some valid points about not entertaining them. So maybe this could adress that.

This way Christian only threads are kept from being hijacked by the agnostics and the unbelievers.

Of course PMs could be open to all that wanted to discuss something in private.

Just my thoughts.

Not3in1
    Participant

I meant don't leave this web site and only be a non-contibutor. Good grief. :(

You no its amaziing that I am even saying this, but we sure could use Nick Hassans help these days.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 26 2007,17:24)

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 26 2007,12:56)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,10:56)
    t8,
    If an unbeliever is not allowed in the Scripture thread, how will he possibly become a Christian? By only being allowed in threads with other non-believer's? This doesn't quite make sense, and possibly I'm misunderstanding you? Will the non-beliver's be able to view the thread but not post? But then what if they have a question? Are they not able to ask a Christian anything? Hmmmm

I agree with Tim and Kejonn that if some here want an inclusive (or exclusive) club for Christians – there are plenty out there for them to join. What if this site only allowed those who don't believe in the Trinity? Then we would not have fellowship with WJ and other's who are Trinitarian. What a huge loss that would be!

I still stand by my suggesstion to enlarge the rules to include the respect of God and his nature. If non-believer's cannot follow the rules, then after the appropriate warnings received…….they're out! That way, if they are harrassing anyone – they won't be able to do it for long.

To be perfectly honest, how do you determine a “believer” anyway? Some “believe” that Jesus is God – other's do not. Are the ones that believe he is God believer's and the other's non-believer's? Or is it just those who consider themselves “Christians” that would be allowed full posting privileges? I know some folks who by my definition are non-believer's but they consider themselves “Christians.”. Who would decide what being a Christian means? Would there be definition posted and an evaluation form to fill out? You see where I'm going with this.

Besides, it's human nature to surround controversy. It's why we slow down on the Interstate to “look” at the mangled car wreck. It's why we love drama. It's why our 5 O'clock news is filled with murder and mayhem versus good samaritan stories. If we had threads only open to non-believer's…….I bet they would be popular threads (used by non and believer's alike). It would become the place where you would feel free to talk about anything. Kind of like what we enjoy NOW.
    :;):

Hi Not3in1 and everyone else.

I am not saying that it is my way or the highway, but I am expressing my opinion and am actually also happy to keep it the way it is with rules that bar users from changing the subject. Although I made the point that this would be very hard to administer.

As far as non-believers forums, I wasn't thinking along those lines. Rather forums for all that includes believers and non-believers alike. These forums would be suitable for debating things like is there a God, what one must do to obtain salvation, or science etc.

Just to make the record straight. Heaven Net discussions are sorted this way:

BBS > Categories > Forums > Discussions/threads

An example of the above is:
    Heaven Net > GENERAL STUFF > Creation & Science > Bananas

• SCRIPTURE & DOCTRINE for believers only.
  • GUESTBOOK, PRAYER & ADVICE , GENERAL STUFF, HELPDESK for all members (believer and non-believer alike).

The reason of course is to allow believers a non-hindered experience when talking about scriptural teachings.
    It seems to me that so far, we cannot really progress beyond defending the basics such as does God exist, in many of the scriptural discussions.

I would assume that the enemy will just bring more unbelievers to stop us from making any kind of progress in this forum. I tend to think this weaknesses will only be exploited more and more, as it is within the nature of our adversaries to do so. Remember that one of the antichrist's tactics is to wear down the saints.

I know I spend a good amount of time deleting spammers who register here, and time wasters are only increasing here and in the rest of the WWW too. I also think people who post the same thing in unrelated discussions are spammers too.

That said, another option is to make people stick to the topic of the discussion. For this to work however, members would need to report posts that are not related to the topic. A blind eye could be turned for most, as they may only be slight deviations or a deviation to prove a point that is ultimately related to the topic. But when someone speaks bad about God or a person, then if it were reported to a moderator, it could lead to increasing the warning level of that member. After 5 warnings, that member would lose posting rights and thus there would be a weeding out of trouble makers.

However, a believer only “Scripture & Doctrine” category (or at least some of the forums contained therein) could eliminate most of the administration and also make it easier, clearer, and more interesting for others to read the discussions without having to contend with unbelievers who will try and stop progress of a discussion or degrade the quality of a discussion.

• t8

You said…

SCRIPTURE & DOCTRINE for believers only.

GUESTBOOK, PRAYER & ADVICE , GENERAL STUFF, HELPDESK for all members (believer and non-believer alike).

I like your ideas here. I think that it is important to allow a place where anyone with any belief on unbelief can come and discuss what they want.

As Christian we could participate if we want in those forums or threads.

Like I mentioned earlier, these could be for believers and non-believers or guest.

While I dont personally believe someone should look at this sight as their church, however if we viewed it as a church then we would not allow agnostics or unbelevers to come in and take over the services or sunday school classes. On the other hand we would not want to exclude them from coming in church and hearing and learning the Word of God.
    But we would want to allow them a place to post their questions or concerns or even their critisism.

Mandy has some valid concerns about censoring unbelievers.

I think in answering her concern, to know if someone is a Christian, Jew, unbeliever or atheist, to become a member they would have to answer a few questions.

If they dont want to Answer the questions, they can remain a guest and are restricted to only the alloted areas for the guest, unbelievers or “Anythng goes” forum.

Ken has some valid points about not entertaining them. So maybe this could adress that.

This way Christian only threads are kept from being hijacked by the agnostics and the unbelievers.

Of course PMs could be open to all that wanted to discuss something in private.

Just my thoughts.

Look I'm all for answering those who are seeking the Lord. But Tow is NOT seeking the Lord at all!!!!!

If a person comes here seeking the Lord why are we to allow a AntiChrist to deceive him.

Are we our brother's keeper?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 26 2007,17:32)
    You no its amaziing that I am even saying this, but we sure could use Nick Hassans help these days.

It's funny you should say this, WJ.

I contacted Nick not too long ago and basically begged him to come back and check-in. He had some pretty good reasons not to. I had to respect him.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,17:24)
    I meant don't leave this web site and only be a non-contibutor. Good grief. :(

Their is nothing good about grief ???

I don't know if I can be a part of this any longer!

2Jo 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting,
    2Jo 1:11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

As a member I would be as guilty as if I gave the heathen the same encouragement as everyone else.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,17:38)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 26 2007,17:32)

It's funny you should say this, WJ.

I contacted Nick not too long ago and basically begged him to come back and check-in. He had some pretty good reasons not to. I had to respect him.

I just want to know one thing IS he alright because he has been on my mind!

Not3in1
    Participant

Actually you're wrong about grief…….some good can come out of it.  But I know that isn't what you were trying to say.

Well, bro, regarding this site and how you have come to believe parts of it are wicked – you'll have to answer to God on that one so you should do what he is telling you to do – even if that means leaving us.  If your spirit is telling you to leave then there is nothing I can say to stop you.

I'll miss you though.
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick has had some issues with his health, but is OK from what I understand. He and his family had a fabulous time on vacation and he is enjoying his grandbabies.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 26 2007,17:47)
    Nick has had some issues with his health, but is OK from what I understand. He and his family had a fabulous time on vacation and he is enjoying his grandbabies.

Good for him! :D May the Lord bless him.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account