Should members be tiled for avoidance?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2011,03:23)
    SF

Supremacy is like saying "Almighty"
    To be Supreme.

this is also your comment ,you know this does not mean anything ,I have supremacy in my trade,many also have,

many in a same family can have supremacy without being on top of each other.

sorry for the tree =three but you smart boy you figured it out .

thanks
    ps.you do not get to me ;you play games i do not.

Pierre

Pierre,

Again I have no flippen clue what your talkin about gangsta…
    Look at what you just Said, what does that have to do with "COMPETITION?" in your orginal statements.

Im a smart Young Man but by whatever means I am too old to be a boy.

Pierre you stated that you do not play games, ok lets see if thats true.
    Terrarica has said:

and one more thing you have not answered my questions ,and you have turn my questions toward me to prevent you to answer :D :D

good try :p

so you are trinitarian that believe in tree gods :D :D :laugh:

and as many mysteries; :laugh: :laugh:

Here are the following examples of you PLAYING games, and poking the bear (I am the bear).
    IF im playing games its only because your provoking me to.
    It takes TWO to tango

Admit it, im getting to you.

seekingtruth
    Participant

SF

I am too old to be a boy

All the harassment you give us "old farts" and we can't call you boy! :D

I have a routine with my youngest son, I'll call him "boy", he'll call me "old man", I'll call him "boy" a second time then he'll call me "santa" (beard going white and middle section expanding) about this time I'll smack him (he loves this exchange).

Wm

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ May 26 2011,10:13)
    SF

I am too old to be a boy

I have a routine with my youngest son, I'll call him "boy", he'll call me "old man", I'll call him "boy" a second time then he'll call me "santa" (beard going white and middle section expanding) about this time I'll smack him (he loves this exchange).

Wm

WM,

lol Im Stubborn, ok Gandalf?

Im not one to give up on harrasments about old age.
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

seekingtruth
    Participant

Thats okay I don't mind, after all its taken me years to get old. :cool:

Wm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 26 2011,22:12)

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2011,03:23)
    SF

Supremacy is like saying "Almighty"
    To be Supreme.

this is also your comment ,you know this does not mean anything ,I have supremacy in my trade,many also have,

many in a same family can have supremacy without being on top of each other.

sorry for the tree =three but you smart boy you figured it out .

thanks
    ps.you do not get to me ;you play games i do not.

Pierre

Pierre,

Again I have no flippen clue what your talkin about gangsta…
    Look at what you just Said, what does that have to do with "COMPETITION?"  in your orginal statements.

Im a smart Young Man but by whatever means I am too old to be a boy.

Pierre you stated that you do not play games, ok lets see if thats true.
    Terrarica has said:

and one more thing you have not answered my questions ,and you have turn my questions toward me to prevent you to answer :D :D

good try :p

so you are trinitarian that believe in tree gods  :D  :D  :laugh:

and as many mysteries; :laugh:  :laugh:

Here are the following examples of you PLAYING games, and poking the bear (I am the bear).
    IF im playing games its only because your provoking me to.
    It takes TWO to tango

Admit it, im getting to you.

SF

Gal 6:8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

this is the end of this conversation

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    Look bro, I took alot of time and effort to respond to your post, so please do me a favor and at LEAST inform me that you have read my statements.  I hate knowing that i have put time and effort and responding every little thing, for it not to be read.

YES!  Let's call that "One True Lord"………….say……………"The Lord OF lords", shall we?  :)  Now, who is the One that gave the power and authority TO that "One True Lord" in the first place?  (Hint: The answer is in the scriptures.)

ummm the Lamb? Christ?? whats your point?
    What are you stating that another Lord above the true Lord was given authority?  
    that doesnt make sense… or maybe im not understanding what your point is.

Are you serious?  Is he YOUR god?  Do YOU worship him and serve him?  Just because he IS a god doesn't mean he's the God I worship and serve, does it?  ???

Why would I answer a question that you  wont answer your self?
    that Depends, he is the god of this age, and you and i are of this age…. soooo????? since you believe he is a real god, i mean dude… what does that mean for us?
    Thats why i asked you those set of questions that i thought you were going to "answer honestly".  but of course you avoided it.

Where?  What exact scripture called them "false idols"?  Do you know that in the Hebrew and Greek texts, not only is there no mention of any "so-called gods", but there's not even any mention of anything called a "false god".  Those are English words added by English translators.

Its false Idols because I say so, its another term to state "not real Gods"  "man-made"  
    The scriptures give emphasis and describe how they are not gods, by stateing:
    1. Its Mans imaginations,
    2. Men create idols
    3. That they can neither move or speak or any of the sort
    4. They are a abomination in Gods eyes
    5. It was a Lie- I.E. =FALSE
    and Etc.

By these means they are false, not by title but by Identity
    They cannot do what God does, so therefore they are NOT God.

Another Chief Example is when Elijah competed with the Baal worshipers to fire up the alter.  The Baal worshippers had NO POWER, yet Elijah did.  So therefore according to the Rules, Jehovah is God, and Baal is not.

The Following Verses back up My point:
    Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1 Chronicles 16:26
    For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens

Psalm 96:5
    For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

Psalm 115
    1Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
    2Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?

Psalm 135
    15The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
    16 They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;

Isaiah 2:8
    Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:

Isaiah 45:16
    They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

Ezekiel 14:3
    Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?

Revelation 9:20
    And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

1 Thessalonians 1:9
    For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Zechariah 10:2
    For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams; they comfort in vain: therefore they went their way as a flock, they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.

Habakkuk 2:18
    What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
    These are just some of MANY verses that give a message that Idols are just stupid imaginations of men and are not REAL gods.
    PERIOD.

And why is that?  Is it because YOU live in 21st century America where we consider the word "god" to refer to ONLY our Omniscient Creator?  This is the whole point here, D.  MOSES called them gods.  So I don't really care if YOU wish to call them that or not, because the inspired writers of the actual scriptures DID call them gods.  And they as sure as the Gospel didn't call them "false gods".

Where did Moses call them gods?
    You mean when they "created a god" as a golden calf?
    Or when God himself destroyed thier religion with his "wonders".
    Every plague destroyed a religious idol that egypt served.
    Anyways, they are false based on the premise that they are not THE TRUE GOD, THE LIVING GOD. therefore NOT GODS in comparison to the ONLY TRUE GOD.
    As much as you WISH to be from ancient times, im sorry to inform you that you are NOT THAT OLD.  You are from this day and age, so deal with it.

YES AGAIN!  Not only DEMONIC forces, but also ANGELIC forces.  THESE are the beings called gods by the writers of scripture.  When Pauls says there are many gods in heaven and on earth, the heavenly gods he's talking about are these same demons and angels.  And Jehovah is the God OF these gods.

I believe I already proved my point with this: Here is another proof text in context of Psm 86:8

10For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.<< thanks Irene for this scripture.

Then you're not defining it in a way that will ever let you understand the scriptures.  Moses surely didn't think the gods of Egypt were "equal to YHWH", yet to him they were nonetheless gods and he got to see their power first hand.  These are the ones spoken of when God says to have no gods before Him.  He wants to be #1.  He is the One who created everything, including these other powerful spirit beings that are called gods, and He wanted to make sure by many signs and wonders that His chosen people understood that these other gods were nothing compared to His Power.  That's why He kicked the other god's butts so many times – to show who was REALLY in charge of things.  (Btw, I think "Allah" is what the Muslims call YHWH.  They believe in the same OT as we do, just not the events of the NT.  I think.)

No Mike,
    When I say "Im praying to God" than what do you flippen think im talking about?
    I think I already proven my point about the whole Idols thing before.  And how God destroyed the things they worshipped like the Nile, the Sun, and etc.

(BTW, the whole Allah thing, its TOTALLY not the same thing. The whole thing is different trust me, we can discuss it on a thread if you would like some other time)

Now if only that phrase said "the God of EVERYTHING".  But it doesn't, does it?  It says "the God of gods".  D, you never answer this question:  Who exactly do you think the gods are who are mentioned in Psalm 82:1?  You know, the ones who assemble WITH YHWH?

Either way its a emphasis of supremacy.
    And the one's that DIE LIke men in the context?
    Also it states that the Lord is amoung the Mighty, judging amoung the gods.  It could mean so many things dude, but for sure using other scriptures to iron things out, it doesnt mean other gods exist.

It could simply mean that God judges the amoung the supposed gods men created, as there are other texts that state that God judged the gods of the egyptians.

Yes, that really IS the whole point.  Because that verse is not saying God is LITERALLY the only savior, is it?  Scriptures tell of many other saviors.  What it's saying is that no one would ever be able to save even a hair of their own head if not for the "One True Savior".  Are you seeing it yet?  It is not saying any other savior in the Bible, like Saul, and Deborah and David are "false saviors".  "One True Savior" is saying that none of them would amount to anything without HIM.  It's the same with "One True God".  It is not denying the existence of other gods in the scripture, but emphasizing that none of those other gods would amount to anything at all if not for HIM.

Here is the thing, Saul, Deborah, nor David would ever claim themeselves to be Saviors!  but instead give ALL GLORY to God as it should be.  the Emphasis is the Glory of God, which to him alone will receive that Glory.   Instead for the sake of His Glory God sent others by his Will because he is the only savior.

Where did you EVER get that crazy idea?  I've never claimed that and don't believe it for a second.

When you stated that there are OTHER gods.
    That Jesus is the SECOND  most powerful being.

D, if you ever get confused as to which god is which, ask me and I'll tell you, okay?  :)  (Just kidding)  Can you think of any scripture were you don't know which god they're talking about?  There are a couple oddball ones where we have to guess, but for the most part, it's pretty much common sense, don't you think?  Here's one example of an "oddball" one:

1 Samuel 4:8
    Woe to us! Who will deliver us from the hand of these mighty gods? They are the gods who struck the Egyptians with all kinds of plagues in the desert.

The Philistines said these words when the Israelites brought the ark of the covenant into their camp for the battle.  The Hebrew word is "elohim", but it's hard for us today to decide if they meant God, or gods.  

There are only a few instances like this in scripture.  Not enough of them to make you be scared, always wondering, "Oh no!  Which god are they talking about?"  :)

I just happen to reading that before posting this response.
    The thing is by your definition that are so many gods, that are gods because God put them as gods?  
    There are gods that you say exist, that do not exist.
    and there are powerful beings that do exist but are not the one True God.
    You have to becareful because by your own defintion and standards you are a polytheist.
    In a belief of many gods, however we all know that there is only One God.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2011,10:43)
    SF

Gal 6:8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

this is the end of this conversation

Pierre

Pierre,
    Your Man pleasing.

If you realy wanted to "please the spirit" you would have stayed SILENT.
    But of course in your vanity you couldnt help but to respond and try to get the last word. Your obvious.

Its Over when I Say its Over.
    Got it? Capeche?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 24 2011,06:21)
    D, you didn't answer my question about Beelzebub.  Do you believe Jesus that he is the Prince of the Demons and the Ruler of them?  Do you believe him to be the one called "Satan"?

1. NO
    2. NO

Why? and what does this have to do with the Convo?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 24 2011,06:25)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 22 2011,17:09)
    Mike,
    My point started when i asked you "If Jesus is not God, what is he?"
    You stated "the second most powerful being, just a god amoung other gods such as satan is the god of this age"

That is EXACTLY scriptural D.  Satan is a god who is not the Almighty God, but was created by that One.  Jesus is a god who is not the Almighty God, but was created by that One.

Sometimes men have called man-made idols "gods".  They are not.  But other times, like when Moses refers to the gods of Egypt, there is no reason for anyone to think they are not exactly what Moses called them.  They are not called "idols" or "false gods", so why would any sensible person just assume that's what they were?  Moses saw their powers with his own eyes – why would he then be "implying" they were "false gods"?

Why would any sensible person believe that Egyptians DIDNT HAVE IDOLS, when all they had all over the tempels WERE just that.
    If anyone knows anything about Egypts history we know they had many and many idols.
    Isaiah 19:1
    The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it

How about the fact that Moses was the Prince of Egypt and he also knew what they were all about.

Moses grew up as a polytheist, believing in many gods.
    Yet the ONE true God, came to him and showed him the truth.

We have to look at the bible as a whole, many people were igonrant of those days.
    Take Romans 1 for example.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Mike I like what Kerwin said from another thread:

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2011,10:20)
    Mike Boll,
    …………..It is speaking about the entire nation because God did call them the children of the most high in the Law of Moses just like he stated he had in Psalms 82. He did not literally call them gods but just consider that a child of a human being is a human being and in the same manner a child of God is a god.

God does and did judge in the whole assembly of all his people not just their judges, prophets, and leaders.

Quote (seekingtruth @ May 26 2011,00:13)
    SF

I am too old to be a boy

Wm

:D :D :D

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 27 2011,02:55)

SF

I am too old to be a boy

Wm

WJ,
    You happen to have an Old man for your Avatar,

JUST SAyin?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 26 2011,00:00)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 24 2011 @ 06:25)
    Now, who is the One that gave the power and authority TO that "One True Lord" in the first place?

ummm the Lamb? Christ?? whats your point?

The One who gave our "one Lord" all power and authority was his own God, who just happens to be our God too.

that Depends, he is the god of this age, and you and i are of this age…. soooo????? since you believe he is a real god, i mean dude… what does that mean for us?

It means exactly what Paul said:  That there are many gods, but for us only One.  Satan IS a god, but not my god.

The Following Verses back up My point:
    Romans 1
    Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator

True, we are to worship only the God who created all things, not any of His creations, of which Jesus is His first.

1 Chronicles 16:26
    For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens

Psalm 96:5
    For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

The word translated as "idols" in both of these verses is actually the word "eliyl", which means "worthless".  So these are actually scriptures that speak of the real gods of other nations, and call them "worthless" in comparison to the God who made the heavens.

The rest of your scriptures speak of man-made idols, which are not gods at all.  My favorite is in Isaiah 44, where God is speaking of a man who cut down a tree, put part of it in the fire to cook his meal, then formed another part of it into an idol:
    16 Half of the wood he burns in the fire;
      over it he prepares his meal,
      he roasts his meat and eats his fill.
    He also warms himself and says,
      “Ah! I am warm; I see the fire.”
    17 From the rest he makes a god, his idol;
      he bows down to it and worships.
    He prays to it and says,
      “Save me; you are my god.”

:D  :laugh:  :D   I laugh every time I read that passage.  God is FUNNY, man!

Anyway, let's not discuss idols, for I don't claim them to be gods.

Where did Moses call them gods?

Numbers 33:4
    while the Egyptians were burying all their firstborn whom the LORD had struck down among them. The LORD had also executed judgments on their gods.

And God Himself said the same thing:
    Exodus 12:12
    “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn—both men and animals—and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

D, God can't possibly "execute judgment" on a man-made idol, can He?  A man-made idol can't possibly turn staffs into snakes and make frogs appear out of nowhere, can it?

But "execute judgment"…………….where have we heard that before?

psalm 82:1
    God stands in the assembly of gods; in the midst of the gods he executes judgment.

And the one's that DIE LIke men in the context?
    It could simply mean that God judges the amoung the supposed gods men created, as there are other texts that state that God judged the gods of the egyptians.

Kerwin thinks that this "assembly of gods" is referring to humans.  But what group of human beings ever assembled in the presence of God Himself?  We know from Job 1, that Satan, who IS a god according to Paul, partook in one of these assemblies, when the sons of god came to present themselves before God Almighty.

I don't believe that God is executing judgment on man-made idols, D.

Moses also said:
    Deuteronomy 4:7
    For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as is the LORD our God whenever we call on Him?

Moses is referring to YHWH traveling along with them in the cloud of smoke, and speaking directly to them from Mt. Horeb, etc.  But idols are generally in the very tents that people live in.  Yet Moses is claiming that YHWH is closer to the nation of Israel than the gods of the other nations are to those nations, so he can't be speaking of idols that "dwell" in their very homes, can he?

Samuel says:
    2 Samuel 7:23
    And what one nation on the earth is like Your people Israel, whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people and to make a name for Himself, and to do a great thing for You and awesome things for Your land, before Your people whom You have redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, from nations and their gods?

Is Samuel saying that YHWH used His mighty power to redeem a nation from the power of man-made idols?

There are gods that you say exist, that do not exist.

Not me, but Moses and Samuel and King David and Asaph and Paul and YHWH Himself, among others.

and there are powerful beings that do exist but are not the one True God.

True.  They are truly gods, but the God OF those other gods is the "only true God".

You have to becareful because by your own defintion and standards you are a polytheist.

A polytheist worships more than one god.  I can't remember the name for what I am, but I believe like those in scripture that there are many gods, but only One who is worthy of our worship and service, because He alone created us as His children and loves us and has done so much for us.

In a belief of many gods, however we all know that there is only One God.[

I agree that the Creator of the heavens and the earth and everything in them, who is the God OF all other gods, is the only One worthy of the English capital "G".  

D, many people are lost in 21st century thinking.  You've gone as far as to say that the one human being who saw the back of God and spoke to Him directly was confused because of his polytheistic beginnings.  Surely Moses knew more about the things of God than anyone else who ever walked the earth except for Jesus, yet you claim him to have been confused or something.  That's not good logic or faith.

Instead of looking up idols, look up "gods".  Many times it is clear from the context that these "gods" ARE man-made idols.  But many other times, there is no indication whatsoever that the inspired writer of scripture meant anything other than a real bonafide god.  We can today imagine that they were speaking of some "false god", but that isn't even hinted at in the scriptures.

When Moses said that YHWH executed judgment on the gods of Egypt, that is exactly what he meant.  God executed judgment on the gods who turned staffs into snakes and performed other mighty signs.  God executed judgment on some of those who assemble with Him on occasion in the assembly of gods.

If you focus on only the "Lord" issue, things will become more clear.  Jesus is said to be our "ONE Lord", right?  But we know that can't be taken to mean that Jesus is LITERALLY the ONLY lord who ever existed, right?  It is a statement of emphasis, placing him ABOVE all the other lords we might have, but not a literal statement that there has only ever been one lord, and the rest of them were "false lords".

If you can understand this, then you can also understand why "one God" does not mean there have never been any other gods in existence.  It is a statement of emphasis, placing Jehovah ABOVE all the other gods, which is why He is the God OF gods.

Hey, if you want to keep discussing this, pick a point and respond.  Fair warning:  If you DO decided to respond to this whole post, be forewarned that I will most likely quote only one thing you post and respond only to that one thing.

I don't like these long posts.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 26 2011,00:04)

D, you didn't answer my question about Beelzebub.  Do you believe Jesus that he is the Prince of the Demons and the Ruler of them?  Do you believe him to be the one called "Satan"?

1. NO
    2. NO

Luke 11
    14 Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed. 15 But some of them said, “By Beelzebub,the prince of demons, he is driving out demons.” 16 Others tested him by asking for a sign from heaven.
    17 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. 18 If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebub.

Care to change your answers?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 27 2011,08:44)

1. NO
    2. NO

Luke 11
    14 Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed. 15 But some of them said, “By Beelzebub,the prince of demons, he is driving out demons.” 16 Others tested him by asking for a sign from heaven.
    17 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. 18 If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebub.

UMM Noo……..
    1. some of the people claimed that he was, which doesnt make it true.
    2. And Jesus answered back stating "because YOU CLAIM" not that He cliams.

Again what does this have to do with the Current Convo?

kerwin
    Participant

Mike Boll and Dennison,

Mike wrote to Dennison:

Kerwin thinks that this "assembly of gods" is referring to humans.  But what group of human beings ever assembled in the presence of God Himself?  We know from Job 1, that Satan, who IS a god according to Paul, partook in one of these assemblies, when the sons of god came to present themselves before God Almighty.

The Hebrew people are called gods because they received the Law of Mosses, which is called the Word of God, from God.   In that very Law God specifically states they are his children just like Psalms 82:6 declares he had done.

As for the God being in the presence of the Hebrew people what scripture states are that they in his hearing, 1 Chronicles 28:8, and prostrate themselves before him when assembled, 1 Chronicles 29:20.  In addition their assembly is called the Assembly of God, Nehemiah 13:1.  Even in the Law of Moses,  it instruct the Hebrew people that their actions are judged in his sight, Deuteronomy 24:13.

REFERENCES

Psalm 82(New King James Version)
    A Psalm of Asaph.
    1 God stands in the congregation of the mighty;
            He judges among the gods.
    2 How long will you judge unjustly,
            And show partiality to the wicked?  Selah  
    3 Defend the poor and fatherless;
            Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
    4 Deliver the poor and needy;
            Free them from the hand of the wicked.

5 They do not know, nor do they understand;
            They walk about in darkness;
            All the foundations of the earth are unstable.

6 I said, “You are gods,
            And all of you are children of the Most High.
    7 But you shall die like men,
            And fall like one of the princes.”

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth;
            For You shall inherit all nations.

1 Chronicles 28:8 (New King James Version)

8 Now therefore, in the sight of all Israel, the assembly of the LORD, and in the hearing of our God, be careful to seek out all the commandments of the LORD your God, that you may possess this good land, and leave it as an inheritance for your children after you forever.

1 Chronicles 29:20 (New King James Version)

20 Then David said to all the assembly, “Now bless the LORD your God.” So all the assembly blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed their heads and prostrated themselves before the LORD and the king.

Nehemiah 13:1

On that day they read from the Book of Moses in the hearing of the people, and in it was found written that no Ammonite or Moabite should ever come into the Assembly of God,

Deuteronomy 24:13 (New International Version)

13 Return their cloak by sunset so that your neighbor may sleep in it. Then they will thank you, and it will be regarded as a righteous act in the sight of the LORD your God.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

hi kerwin,
    By the way, i quoted you from the last page, and i agree with your asseritions as a possibilty that makes sense, espeacially that the context of ps82 speaks of people calling them "ye are gods" and thsn say they die as fallen princes.
    very good points kerwin.

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 26 2011,19:21)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 27 2011,02:55)

SF

I am too old to be a boy

Wm

WJ,
    You happen to have an Old man for your Avatar,

JUST SAyin?

Hi Dennison

Captain Pickard is Old? God help us who are older than he is.

Man you are young but you aren't that young! :)

Just sayin!

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 28 2011,00:07)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 27 2011,08:44)

1. NO
    2. NO

Luke 11

UMM Noo……..
    1. some of the people claimed that he was, which doesnt make it true.
    2. And Jesus answered back stating "because YOU CLAIM" not that He cliams.

Again what does this have to do with the Current Convo?

Read it one more time, D.

Jesus is fully aware of who Beelzebub is. He refers to him also as "Satan". The "claim" to which you refer is that the Jews "claimed" that's how he drove out demons, not that they were "claiming" Beelzebub was Satan.

Keith, what do YOU think? Is "Beelzebub" another name for the "Prince of demons", otherwise known as "Satan"?

Kerwin? What do YOU think from the passage?

Anyone else?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 28 2011,02:11)
    The Hebrew people are called gods because they received the Law of Mosses, which is called the Word of God, from God.

Kerwin,

I have also received the word of God from the Law. I am not a god. You are mistaken, as Jesus explained the ones called gods were the ones to whom the word of God came. That phrasing implies something more than "the ones who read the Law that Moses wrote down".

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 357 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account