Should members be tiled for avoidance?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    Istari
    Participant

SF,
    I was tidying my house today and came across print outs of WJ and KJ debates from around a year ago … They made very interesting reading when compared with their discourse today…

I'll have a looksee if any if yours are there…!!

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 09 2011,06:13)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,14:32)
    Which God? because you got alot of gods buddy!

If you were honest in your treatment as to how scripture uses the word Theos and Elohim, you would know that there is one God the Father and that others can be called by theos and elohim in a qualitative sense.

Either that, or you lack that understanding.

In either case, you are not up to speed and therefore cannot offer insight in this subject until you can come to terms with the reality of scripture and how it deals with the words theos and elohim.

Some here acknowledge that reality, others prefer to ignore that reality and create myths instead. This is how traditions start and are propagated.

T8,
    Isnt obvious that im antagonizing mike in purpose?
    so dont try to belittle me, and see that im simply poking mikes buttons to get him to react since he wants to say stupid stuff as I did above just to antagonize me.

There are two extremes that one can take elohim to mean a god for everytime its referenced, or the Almighty God.

Its obvious the correct definition is always defined by context.

So maybe you should pay closer attention to my posts.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ April 09 2011,06:35)
    SF,
    I was tidying my house today and came across print outs of WJ and KJ debates from around a year ago … They made very interesting reading when compared with their discourse today…

I'll have a looksee if any if yours are there…!!

lol you printed out my debates?? what for?

you could do that??

lol ya let me know.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 08 2011,11:57)
    In the Revelation ONLY God and the Lamb are worshiped.

Jesus isn't worshipped in any scripture. The angel didn't tell John to "worship the Lamb and God", did he? No, he only said "God". And we all know that our only true God is the Father, right? At least that's what the scriptures clearly teach.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 08 2011,19:45)
    so dont try to belittle me, and see that im simply poking mikes buttons to get him to react

Please refrain from "poking my buttons" then.  I have enough going on with people who are here to actually discuss scriptures without dealing with your childish antics.

And how is t8 "belittling" you if you seriously and frequently claim that there is only one God in scripture?  It's not true, I've showed you this, but still you want to keep screaming about ONLY ONE GOD.  

Well, if there is only one God, then consider this:  The one who you think IS this one God is the one who told us the only true God was NOT him, but his Father.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 09 2011,07:03)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 08 2011,19:45)
    so dont try to belittle me, and see that im simply poking mikes buttons to get him to react

Please refrain from "poking my buttons" then.  I have enough going on with people who are here to actually discuss scriptures without dealing with your childish antics.

And how is t8 "belittling" you if you seriously and frequently claim that there is only one God in scripture?  It's not true, I've showed you this, but still you want to keep screaming about ONLY ONE GOD.  

Well, if there is only one God, then consider this:  The one who you think IS this one God is the one who told us the only true God was NOT him, but his Father.

mike

ANd your my perfect example of the other extreme of this debate.

Which means you deny scriptures that say that there is only one God.

Obviosly the usage of elohim are defined by context.
    obvisouyl though baal and other made up gods were called gods doesnt mean they were real gods.

but of course you ignore this.

Soooooooo

continue with your confusion mike.
    your just making yourself look pathetic.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 08 2011,20:19)

Deny?  Or UNDERSTAND what they mean when they say "one God"?

D, is Jehovah the God OF gods?  Case closed.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 09 2011,08:06)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 08 2011,20:19)

Deny?  Or UNDERSTAND what they mean when they say "one God"?

D, is Jehovah the God OF gods?  Case closed.

mike

lol the bible says there is only ONE GOD.

just because ur a god of yourself and worship your own self doesnt mean your god mike.

get over yourself

case closed.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Dennison,

Deuteronomy 10:17
    For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

Psalm 82:1
    A psalm of Asaph. God stands in the assembly of El; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

Psalm 136:2
    Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.

Daniel 2:47
    The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.”

Daniel 11:36
    “The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place.

My question was:

D, is Jehovah the God OF gods?

Maybe we should try this "tiled for avoidance" thing out right here and now, huh?  :)

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 09 2011,23:04)
    Hi Dennison,

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

A psalm of Asaph. God stands in the assembly of El; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.”

“The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place.

My question was:

Maybe we should try this "tiled for avoidance" thing out right here and now, huh?  :)

mike

The only True God is the God of everyone even those who professed themselves to be gods.

He is the God of the Greek gods who dont exist, he is the God of baal, who doesnt exist, and the God over every imagination that Man has created to be thier gods.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 11 2011,19:26)

Hi Dennison,

My question was:

mike

The only True God is the God of everyone even those who professed themselves to be gods.

He is the God of the Greek gods who dont exist, he is the God of baal, who doesnt exist, and the God over every imagination that Man has created to be thier gods.

So when God is rendering judgement in the midst of the other gods, He is really judging those who don't even exist to be judged?

D-linquent, no matter how much you kick and scream, you must accept that Paul clearly said there are many gods, in heaven and on earth.

Could you give me an example of one of the many gods in heaven that Paul spoke of?

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 12 2011,06:39)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 11 2011,19:26)

Hi Dennison,

My question was:

mike

So when God is rendering judgement in the midst of the other gods, He is really judging those who don't even exist to be judged?

D-linquent, no matter how much you kick and scream, you must accept that Paul clearly said there are many gods, in heaven and on earth.

Could you give me an example of one of the many gods in heaven that Paul spoke of?

mike

Actually can you because I never heard of other gods in heaven unless its from Greek Mytholgoy or other simliar mythology.

So tell me in your Mythology Jehovah is surrounded by which gods?

Baker
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,06:51)

Quote (Baker @ April 04 2011,07:29)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 04 2011,08:23)
    To All,

Im 21 years old, I have a legititament excuse to be immature, misbehave, or even get extra emotional because of my age.  
    But most of you guys are old, supposuly my elders, and you act no different from myself.

Is that wise?  
    An example?

I think notttttttt,

Grow up a little bit guys.

Sometimes when you get old, you feel young again, and then answer that way……..Young man…..and that is OK to do.  Especially when one is right in what is being said……
    Peace and Love to you young man, Old Gal Irene

So basically what your saying if one is conceited and arrogant enough to believe he is right, than its ok for him to act childish and immaturely??  

I believe not, or else my future doesnt look so good when i reach ya's age 100years from now.

:D :D :D I was kidding…..take a joke kid…..We have Grandsons your age…..They're not complaining…..they love to be teased….if you think I am arrogant, you should meet my Husband. We have a lot of fun….
    And hey, what are you doing on an old folks site???? You're much to young to be so serious….;lighten up…..
    Peace to you, Irene

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ April 12 2011,08:09)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,06:51)

Quote (Baker @ April 04 2011,07:29)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 04 2011,08:23)
    To All,

Im 21 years old, I have a legititament excuse to be immature, misbehave, or even get extra emotional because of my age.  
    But most of you guys are old, supposuly my elders, and you act no different from myself.

Is that wise?  
    An example?

I think notttttttt,

Grow up a little bit guys.

Sometimes when you get old, you feel young again, and then answer that way……..Young man…..and that is OK to do.  Especially when one is right in what is being said……
    Peace and Love to you young man, Old Gal Irene

So basically what your saying if one is conceited and arrogant enough to believe he is right, than its ok for him to act childish and immaturely??  

I believe not, or else my future doesnt look so good when i reach ya's age 100years from now.

:D  :D  :D  I was kidding…..take a joke kid…..We have Grandsons your age…..They're not complaining…..they love to be teased….if you think I am arrogant, you should meet my Husband.  We have a lot of fun….
    And hey, what are you doing on an old folks site???? You're much to young to be so serious….;lighten up…..
    Peace to you, Irene

Lol Irene,
    My post was a Cynical Joke. :D :D
    ehhh its called community service hours :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 11 2011,20:58)
    Actually can you because I never heard of other gods in heaven unless its from Greek Mytholgoy or other simliar mythology.

Absolutely.  Michael, as an archangel (ruler angel) would be an example of another god in heaven.  So would Jesus.  I imagine any of the Seraphim would be gods, because they rule over other angels, as I understand it.

Just like Deborah was a god when she ruled over Israel.  Are you starting to get the point?  Are you beginning to understand that God can't possibly be the "God OF gods" if there aren't any other gods for Him to be the God OF?  Do you see that He can't preside over the assembly OF gods and pass judgement if there are no other gods to assemble with or pass judgement upon?

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 14 2011,07:47)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 11 2011,20:58)

Absolutely.  Michael, as an archangel (ruler angel) would be an example of another god in heaven.  So would Jesus.  I imagine any of the Seraphim would be gods, because they rule over other angels, as I understand it.

Just like Deborah was a god when she ruled over Israel.  Are you starting to get the point?  Are you beginning to understand that God can't possibly be the "God OF gods" if there aren't any other gods for Him to be the God OF?  Do you see that He can't preside over the assembly OF gods and pass judgement if there are no other gods to assemble with or pass judgement upon?

mike

Is Michael called elohim within scripture?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No, not Michael per se. But angels have been.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 14 2011,08:08)
    No, not Michael per se.  But angels have been.

mike

Than You shouldnt refer Micheal as a ruler than, or a god.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:D D,

Archangel MEANS "chief angel" or "leader angel" or "ruler angel".

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 14 2011,08:39)
    :D  D,

Archangel MEANS "chief angel" or "leader angel" or "ruler angel".

mike

so the cheif angel is the god of other gods too?

come on dude.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 357 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account