Satan was NOT the God of this age

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Mike

2SA 22:10 “He bowed the heavens also, and came down
    With thick darkness under His feet.
    PS 8:6 You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
    You have put all things under his feet,
    PS 18:9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down
    With thick darkness under His feet.
    LA 3:34 To crush under His feet
    All the prisoners of the land,
    1CO 15:25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
    1CO 15:27 For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, “ All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.
    EPH 1:22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
    HEB 2:8 YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET.”
    For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him.

1Co 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
    1Co 15:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
    1Co 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
    1Co 15:27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

In those verses it is clear to me that God as given all powers to Christ ,for the reasons of putting all his enemies under his feet,including DEAD,

and then Christ turn the kingdom over to his GOD,

but the reasons for not being done yet ,resides in the fact that not all of those to be save by their number are not complete yet,

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 26 2012,09:01)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 26 2012,03:31)
    T8………..So to you You GOD is SATAN at this time right? because YOU SAY HE is the GOD of this WORLD, But Jesus seemed to think differently , He never said Satan was His God or even the GOD of this earth either, in fact he told Peter that he was Satan and said to him to get behind him. Why did he not bow to Satan being he was the God of this World as YOU SAY “he” was,  in fact this is what he said,

The world is not the Kingdom of God Gene.

God has already condemned the ruler of this world and we know that the God of this age is Satan and that the world is passing away. It is already judged and is just a matter of time before it has passed away.

If you understood the meaning of world, you would then see that when God created the Heavens and Earth that he did not create the this world. Rather, we are told to not love the world for if we do, the love of the Father is not in us. And you wonder why we do not follow your assumption that YHWH is the God of this world/age. No, we do not love the world, we love YHWH. You can't have it both ways Gene.

If you love the world, then you love the works of the evil one. It doesn't need to be said that we should love all that is of God and the world is not his handiwork, hence why we should not love the world.

T8…………Who ever said this world is the kingdom of GOD. I would appreciate if you would deal with my POSTS.  I said God the Father is the ONLY “TRUE” GOD of {ALL} creation.

What i am saying is that God is the ONLY TRUE GOD of (ALL) things, and HE is SOVEREIGN, over all creation now and alway was, surely you know this, or do i have to give you the hundreds or thousands of scripture in the bible that shows this. Because he allows evil to exist and function in this world does not lessen His control over all thing in this world and on this earth. There are so many scriptures that show this.

I believe as Jesus said , GOD so “LOVED THE WORLD” He gave his only begotten Son , that whosoever believes in him should not parish but have everlasting life. So God himslef loves this world and has set himself to deliver all creation “FROM IT BONDAGE”. THAT BONDAGE IS ALLOWED BY GOD and He will deliver it according to scripture.  

Let me give you and example of what you are doing.
    Jesus said “He who does  not “HATE” his mother , sister , brother, and his own life also , cannot be my disciple.. But he also said to LOVE your enemies and pray for them that spitefully use you.

So how do we reconcile these things, on the one hand he said to hate even you own life and on the other hand he said to love even our enemies . What is the difference here, is it not that on the onehand he was talking about (the way we live) our very live we are living, we are to come to hate, But does that mean to Hate the Person themselves (NO) we are to love people not hate them no matter how they live.

What the Point? It is this , we are told not to love the World (systems of doing things) but that tis not to say we are not to love the world and what is in it, GOD sure did love this world did he not. Your mixing up the systems of governments and the way people live which God not only allows but also installed them and allows them to function at this time in this world.

Satan is not a GOD of anything never was and never will be . Show us where Jesus ever said Satan is the “GOD” of this world.
    (IT) might be yours but (IT'S) not mine, I have ONLY ONE GOD.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 26 2012,12:29)
    T8…………Who ever said this world is the kingdom of GOD. I would appreciate if you would deal with my POSTS. I said God the Father is the ONLY “TRUE” GOD of {ALL} creation.

Exactly. The world is not the Kingdom of God, thus God is not the God or King of the world. That is the point I am making. God or his son are not the King of the world. The world is not part of God's Kingdom. It is a rebellious outpost.

Just as God is not the God of the dead but the living, but I guess given your reasoning, you have to say that he is also the God of the dead even though scripture says otherwise.

God is not responsible for the sins of the world. The ruler of this world is responsible and so are those that do his bidding and he has been cast down. YHWH is not cast down.

Don't ascribe to YHWH what is Satan's or vice-versa. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom Gene.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I believe as Jesus said , GOD so “LOVED THE WORLD” He gave his only begotten Son , that whosoever believes in him should not parish but have everlasting life. So God himslef loves this world and has set himself to deliver all creation “FROM IT BONDAGE”. THAT BONDAGE IS ALLOWED BY GOD and He will deliver it according to scripture.

Gene, you can love something and still not be the God of it. And God didn't love the world because he is the God of it, rather he loves the people in that world and wants to save them and bring them into his own Kingdom where he is the ultimate majesty and God of.

Ed J
    Participant

Let me give you and example of what you are doing.
    Jesus said “He who does  not “HATE” his mother , sister , brother, and his own life also , cannot be my disciple.. But he also said to LOVE your enemies and pray for them that spitefully use you.

So how do we reconcile these things, on the one hand he said to hate even you own life and on the other hand he said to love even our enemies .

Hi Gene,

Easily, the word 'hate' there (Luke 14:26)
    should have been translated as “love-less”.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

ftk
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 25 2012,22:32)
    ftk, what you are saying is irrelevant.

1 John 4:4
    You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

The spirit in a believer is greater than the spirit that rules the world.
    Our mission was never to make the world a better place, but to extend the Kingdom of God to Earth.

The world is passing away and the world is judged.

Same with the flesh ftk.

You can try and beat the flesh into submission and make your flesh nature better, but the flesh is condemned.
    Instead we are to be led by the Spirit so we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Anyone who teaches that we can make our flesh better and the world better is not teaching the will of God.

The ruler of this world/age is already condemned.

t8:

ftk, what you are saying is irrelevant…..[What I say is not irrelevant but thanks for the degrading, non-respect!…]

1 John 4:4
    You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.[…..THIS SCRIPTURE IS FOLLOWING A DECLARATION OF WHO ANTI-CHRISTS ARE….THEN IT SAYS YOU ARE OF GOD LITTLE CHILDREN AND HAVE OVERCOME (THEM)…..(THOSE WITH THE ANTI-CHRIST SPIRIT)….HOW….BECAUSE GREATER IS HE WITHIN YOU(THE ONE TRUE GOD) THAN HE WHO IS IN THE WORLD(THE SPIRIT OF ANTI-CHRICT)…….You are saying Satan/antichrist spirit is god of this world…..so there are two Gods….the true most high God of all creation and the antichrist spirit you call a god!

The spirit in a believer of one true God (is greater) than the spirit(wrong thinking) that rules the world.[….THEN ONE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ONE IS NO GOD AT ALL…..] No spirit rules the world but through mankind. The rulers of the darkness of this world are mis-informed preachers, some in high places, touting errant doctrines. Man now has the ability and right to accept and absorb the spirit ruling power and authority/the Kingdom of God within us to complete the spread of the gospel and usher in the fulness of Gods love in the earth. Thy Kingdom come thy will be done.

Our mission was never to make the world a better place, but to extend the Kingdom of God to Earth.

Can you call yourself a “Christ like” person and make that statement that… we were never meant to make the world a better place? How could an extension of the Kingdom of God not make the world a better place?

I'll take my beliefs….irrelevant as they may be….and live a loving life filled with God the father, Jesus, and the holy Spirit….the great God of LOVE living within! My world is then a better place, filled with joy and thanksgiving!

The world is passing away and the world is judged…..[THE OLD RELIGIOUS WORLD PASSED AWAY….BEHOLD ALL DOCTRINES, AND TRUTH FROM GOD, IS BECOME NEW….A NEW MAN IS CREATED BY GOD, A NEW TEMPLE, NEW CHURCH, NEW HIGH PRIEST, THE SACRIFICE IS REMOVED AND MUCH MORE…..] TK

Proclaimer
    Participant

ftk, this world is not the new world or Kingdom of God.
    If we love this world, then the love of the Father is not in us.
    Simple as that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……….It is not a Satan who is the rulers of this word it is Men in HIGH PLACES who rule this world, Your Satan is not a GOD of anything it is a Spirit of Evil working in the hearts and minds of Men who rule this world. You attribute that to one being Satan you call a GOD, but i see the rulers of this worlds darkness as men who do not have the spirit of God leading them. Men who have recieved from the world the lust of the eyes and the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, from the world, not from any Satan “BEING” who you think is a GOD. The Satan's of this world are men serving themselves, not a Satan God “BEING” of any kind. If you understood what Spirit (IS) you could understand that and it is God that created and who Controls all Spirits rather good or evil, he only is TRUE GOD of ALL things as Jesus plainly said ” for thou art the “ONLY” true God You can chose to disbelieve that all you want T8 , but I chose to believe Jesus. I have but ONE GOD the FATHER, and he along is my GOD It is Him I pray to and it is HIM I TRUST IN>

T8 all this is serving GOD intended purpose that he had from the very start of this creation, yes even the evil that is here is serving his purposes also, He is in Full control and always was and always will be , he is SOVEREIGN over all creation.

Isa 44:6…..> Thus say the LORD the KING of Israel and his redeemer the LORD of hosts: I am the first and I am the last; an beside me there is “NO GOD”

Now you can chose to believe that or not T8, i chose to believe it brother.

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

peace and love……………………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 27 2012,08:11)
    T8……….It is not a Satan who is the rulers of this word it is Men in HIGH PLACES who rule this world, Your Satan is not a GOD of anything it is a Spirit of Evil working in the hearts and minds of Men who rule  this world. You attribute that to one being Satan you call a GOD, but i see the rulers of this  worlds darkness as men who do not have the spirit of God leading them. Men who have recieved from the world the lust of the eyes and the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, from the world, not from any Satan “BEING” who you think is a GOD. The Satan's of this world are men serving themselves,  not a Satan God “BEING” of any kind. If you understood what Spirit (IS) you could understand that and it is God that created and who Controls all Spirits rather good or evil, he only is TRUE GOD of ALL things as Jesus plainly said ”  for thou art the “ONLY” true God You can chose to disbelieve that all you want T8 , but I chose to believe Jesus. I have but ONE GOD the FATHER, and he along is my GOD It is Him I pray to and it is HIM I TRUST IN>  

T8 all this is serving GOD intended purpose that he had from the very start of this creation, yes even the evil that is here is serving his purposes also, He is in Full control and always was and always will be , he is SOVEREIGN over all creation.

Isa 44:6…..> Thus say the LORD the KING of Israel and his redeemer the LORD of hosts: I am the first and I am the last; an beside me there is “NO GOD”

Now you can chose to believe that or not T8, i chose to believe it brother.

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

peace and love……………………………………………..gene

gene

Isa 44:6 “This is what the LORD says—
    Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:
    I am the first and I am the last;
    apart from me there is no God.
    Isa 44:7 Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
    Let him declare and lay out before me
    what has happened since I established my ancient people,
    and what is yet to come—
    yes, let him foretell what will come.
    Isa 44:8 Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
    Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
    You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
    No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

God is talking to his people ,and to them their should only be ONE GOD the true God, but then who's is the god of all other men and nations around them ???

and as the scriptures have shown true history that Israel did not stay faithful to their God as he ask ,then to witch god did they surrender them selves ??

it is true that there is only ONE TRUE GOD,but everything else that claims to a god is also challenged by the true GOD just as it was in Egypt with Moses.

but you would not understand this anyway

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…………..”O” I understand that you believe Satan is the God in power here but I do not believe he ever was or is, and what you cant understand is that though GOD was talking to Israel that makes no difference His word are true and He said there in “NO GOD BESIDE HIM”. No one is asking you to believe what He said and your can twist it any way you like, as you do other scriptures, But as for me and MY House there is ONLY “ONE” TRUE GO
    NO matter what you think you Know. I will trust what Jesus said about HIM and believe as Jesus did and I tell you Satan was Not a GOD of any kind to HIM or ME.

He is another one you guys can twist up,

Isa 44:8…….> Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told you from that time, and have declared it? you are my witnesses, Is there a GOD beside Me ? yea there is “NO” GOD: I know NOT ANY>

But you PIERRE and T8 say theres another,  TRUE GOD. Who you call SATAN.  And as far as you Pierre saying God was just talking to Israel that is pure garbage , because GOD'S words are the Same Yesterday as they are today. IMO

peace and love…………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

Jehovah is the God of gods. He couldn't be that unless there existed other gods for Him to be the God of.

Paul told us there are many gods in heaven and on earth. Who are these gods, Gene? And don't say “false gods” or “so-called gods”, because neither of those terms are in any scripture in the Bible.

Paul surely didn't say “there are many FALSE gods”, did he?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……So you disagree with what GOD himself said , interesting, but then you people disagree with what he said about HIM beings “ALONE and BY HIMSELF creating everything. So it doesn't surprise me that you would not Believe what he directly said in the Scriptures I quoted, Now you Make Paul into a IDOLATER Himself. But what you fail to see is that Paul did say and mean it in a way, of false Gods of the Heathens and he went on to say but unto us there is only “ONE” GOD> I like Paul have “ONLY ONE GOD” you, T8 and Pierre can have all you want, But as for me and My Family we believe in ONLY ONE TRUE GOD and there is NO OTHER.

peace and love……………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

God also said that apart from Him, there was no savior. So, which do you believe:

A. Jesus is NOT our Savior?
    B. Jesus IS God Himself?

Which one, Gene?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 27 2012,11:57)
    Gene,

God also said that apart from Him, there was no savior.  So, which do you believe:

A.  Jesus is NOT our Savior?
    B.  Jesus IS God Himself?

Which one, Gene?

Hi Mike,

You know the answer is “C”.   …because both A. and B. present further difficulties.

C. YHVH saves us “through” Jesus. (see 2Cor.5:19)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    here in an Ed J parable with scriptural referencing: (Psalms 146:9, Isaiah 24:1, Luke 16:15-17)

The “Kingdom of Heaven” (on Earth) is likened unto an “hourglass” that is flipped.

“The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow:
    but the way of the wicked  he turneth upside down.” (Psalms 146:9)

“Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste,
    and turneth it ('the world': topic here) upside down,” (Isaiah 24:1)

Note: Isaiah 24:1 is NOT talking about a Global poll-shift, but
    rather compares to and augments Psalms 146:9!   continuing…

The kingdom of Heaven (on Earth) is likened unto an “hourglass”,
    it is our place to “flip” this hourglass”, which is called Repent”;
    meaning to change direction as in to “flip” the hourglass”.

The parable explained: “The world” is the bottom half where all the sand has collected.
    And the top (or perceived empty part) is the “Kingdom of Heaven”.
    The entire hourglass is The Earth (or 'old man').

Jesus is the focal point or skinny part on our hourglass.
    When we understand this, we repent or flip our hourglass.

Luke 16:15-17 Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts:
    for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the  “Kingdom of God”  is preached, AND EVERY MAN PRESSETH INTO IT.
    And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
    We, as the “New Man”, then watch (for ourselves) as all the sand comes trickling in.

He(satan is) a king(the god) over all the children of pride(of the world). (Job 41:34)

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 27 2012,11:57)
    Gene,

God also said that apart from Him, there was no savior.  So, which do you believe:

A.  Jesus is NOT our Savior?
    B.  Jesus IS God Himself?

Which one, Gene?

Mike……….This has nothing to do with the subject at hand nor the scriptures I QUOTED. Again you try to divide scripture and make them contradict themselves , Would it be better if you could see how they all fits together rather then oppose each other> But fact it is GOD the FATHER IS the “ONLY TRUE SAVIOR OF THE WHOLE WORLD” i rather it is through Jesus or Samson or King David or the prophets and leaders he used in the past like MOSES it makes no difference it is Still GOD doing the savings. If you understood what the meaning of Spirit was you could easily understand this. It was the SPIRIT of GOD (IN) these People bringing this all about.

Mike ……Jesus is not my savior nor my GOD, GOD is my savior Alone no matter who he does it Through or how He does it. If Jesus could not delver himself from death and the Grave, how could he save anyone else. Jesus is “GODS” salvation for mankind , He was GOD'S SACRIFICE, GOD uses for mankind. NO Man can take GODS Glory from him no not even Jesus can.

I think Mike you just like to argue, and it really does not matter about what it is. If i Posted the scriptures wrong or out of Context then PROVE IT> But ignorant and foolish questions i would rather just avoid. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Mike………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

Mike……….This has nothing to do with the subject at hand nor the scriptures I QUOTED.

what can you expect ??

:D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 27 2012,11:09)
    If you understood what the meaning of Spirit was you could easily understand this.

4001, and counting.  :)  Go answer the question I've been asking your for months in the “Bodies” thread, so we can see who understands the many meanings of “spirit” in the scriptures.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 27 2012,11:09)
    Mike ……Jesus is not my savior……

Hmmmmm…………….

Gene, my point was that if God can say there is NO savior apart from Him, but then SEND other saviors, the “only Savior” thing takes on a whole different meaning than “LITERALLY THE ONLY SAVIOR, PERIOD”.

It is the same with “no God apart from me”.

Gene, when Jehovah is called “the God of gods”, who are the gods He is the God of?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke………..To to you God changes His speak to match you Dogmas , it is no wonder you so confused about what the word of God. First it is this and then it is the and takes on “NEW MEANINGS” that does explain a lot about how you think MIKE>

Waht you need to do is Go back and read the book of Isaiah where God spoke about HIMSELF and come and tell us where in Scripture all this changed into NEW MEANINGS And i will show you where that Same GOD said He Changed NOT and that He was the same yesterday and today. Need scripture Just ask and i can post it for you, or anyone else.God or his word never took on “NEW MEANINGS” that Mike is you down fall, in understanding GOD'S Word. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

Do you have an answer to my bolded question? Or will this just be yet another case of “par for the course”?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account