Satan was NOT the God of this age

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Jan. 30 2012,22:34)
    t8:  Gene is right on target with this doctrine! All doctrine is knowledge, information thoughts, spirit and it is either Truth from God, which is eternal and stands forever….or it is distorted knowledge, information and thinking, that is not Gods truth,  which is an ''illusion'' of truth. Illusion of truth is not eternal. It is temporary and apart from God/Truth, until corrected.

Let me interpret your words.

Gene is right and scripture got it wrong.

Here is where you think scripture errs:

1 John 5:19
    We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

John 12:31
    Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

Do I need to say anymore?

Sorry but I have to stick to the option that you think is wrong, namely scripture.

ftk
    Participant

t8: Are you comfortable with pulling scriptures from different situations and pasting them out of context into a single meaning. Shall we then put together….Judas went and hanged himself,…. go and do thou likewise! That's what I call pasting together scriptures to make it look like that is what is being said.

Do we dare to take 1John5:19….right after v18 that says…We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not: but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and… [THAT WICKED ONE TOUCHETH HIM NOT]…! and then say the next verse actually means….and we know we are of God, and the…[WHOLE WORLD LIETH IN WICKEDNESS.]!…..Do you not see a separation between those of God and the “whole world”? If not, does that even make sense? Then you remove it and mix it with John 12:31 as though they were saying the same….v31…Now is the judgment of this world:….now shall the price of this world be cast out….V32 and if.. be (lifted up)[be glorified] from the earth, will draw all men unto me…….V33….THIS HE SAID, SIGNIFYING WHAT DEATH HE SHOULD DIE!……COME ON MAN…HE WAS SYMBOLICALLY SPEAKING ABOUT HIMSELF AND HIS COMING MISSION for God.

I wish you didn't think I thought scripture was wrong. In many cases it is either outright mistranslated or at the very least slanted by the translators to seeming say things a way that follow many religious doctrines. All scripture must align to say the same thing as far as I can see. Perfect continuity of understanding. I also believe that the more valuable “gems” of truth from God lay under the surface and must be found after one has dug down deeper. There is a mystery, hidden ''for'' the righteous children of God. I don't ask you to like me…just read what I write with an open mind/heart to see if there is any truth.

Lies, evil and deception will never intentionally be my god. There is only ONE true God. God bless, TK

Proclaimer
    Participant

ftk, I am quoting pertinent verses that back up that Satan is the God of this age, the ruler/prince of this world, and that the evil one who is Satan is in control of this world.

You are suppose to take each verse on their own. I didn't intend you to join them together and make up one verse.
    Your misconception ftk, not my fault.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Jan. 31 2012,20:51)
    THIS HE SAID, SIGNIFYING WHAT DEATH HE SHOULD DIE!……COME ON MAN…HE WAS SYMBOLICALLY SPEAKING ABOUT HIMSELF AND HIS COMING MISSION for God.

Oh so the ruler of this world who is being cast out is now Jesus?
    Is this what you are saying.

You forget that it is the evil one who controls the world and that if you love the things of the world then the love of the Father is not in you. The world is not of God, ftk in case you thought that the ruler of this world/age was Jesus or YHWH as some others think.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 31 2012,23:05)
    ftk, I am quoting pertinent verses that back up that Satan is the God of this age, the ruler/prince of this world, and that the evil one who is Satan is in control of this world.

You are suppose to take each verse on their own. I didn't intend you to join them together and make up one verse.
    Your misconception ftk, not my fault.

T8……….And i posted “Pertanite verses where GOD HIMSELF SAID , ther is “NO” GOD besides HIM. And you accuse me of Not quoting scripture , But in truth is it not you who does not believe GOD and What He and Jesus also said, For THOU ART THE “ONLY” TRUE GOD. Then come on here and try to accuse me of what you in fact are doing. Just like you “PREEXISTENCES” do with where GOD said HE “ALONE” and BY “HIMSELF” created everything.

So who is the one changing scriptures to meet there own dogmas and false teachings.

peace and love…………………………………gene

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 24 2012,13:53)
    Hi All

This is real simple.

If all authority and power belongs to Jesus (Matt 28:18) and all things are in his hands both in heaven and in earth, then Jesus is “the God of this age”.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and IN EARTH. Matt 28:18

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal [him]. Matt 11:27

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. Luke 10:22

Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; John 13:3

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. John 15:16

Would any here dare say that satan has any power over Jesus? If not and Jesus is a God and you want to call satan a god then that would mean still that Jesus is God over the god of this world which would mean that Jesus is the True God of this age.

But then again that would be Polytheism for there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD WHO HAS ALL AUTHORITY AND POWER AND THAT INCLUDES THIS WORLD TOO!

God has allowed men still to have a will to do good or evil nevertheless he is still the God of all flesh and has the power to do as he wills over any man.

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jer 32:27

AS THOU HAST GIVEN HIM POWER OVER ALL FLESH, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. John 17:2

God the Lord is still the God over all or else what does KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS mean?

That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High RULETH in the KINGDOM OF MEN, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. And whereas they commanded to leave the stump of the tree roots; thy kingdom shall be sure unto thee, after that thou shalt have known that THE HEAVENS DO RULE.

He has not changed, but still rules over all and does with men as he pleases! Satan was a liar when he said to Jesus all the kingdoms of the world were his. Jesus himself said that Pilate would have no power over him unless it came from above. John 19:10, 11

till thou know that the most High RULETH in the KINGDOM OF MEN, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

WJ

Bump for t8 and Mike.

Does Jesus have all “Authority and Power” in heaven and IN EARTH or not?

Does Jesus have power OVER ALL FLESH or not?

Does Jesus have power over satan or not?

Are ALL THINGS in Jesus hands or not?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2012,09:25)

Hi All

This is real simple.

If all authority and power belongs to Jesus (Matt 28:18) and all things are in his hands both in heaven and in earth, then Jesus is “the God of this age”.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and IN EARTH. Matt 28:18

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal [him]. Matt 11:27

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. Luke 10:22

Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; John 13:3

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. John 15:16

Would any here dare say that satan has any power over Jesus? If not and Jesus is a God and you want to call satan a god then that would mean still that Jesus is God over the god of this world which would mean that Jesus is the True God of this age.

But then again that would be Polytheism for there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD WHO HAS ALL AUTHORITY AND POWER AND THAT INCLUDES THIS WORLD TOO!

God has allowed men still to have a will to do good or evil nevertheless he is still the God of all flesh and has the power to do as he wills over any man.

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jer 32:27

AS THOU HAST GIVEN HIM POWER OVER ALL FLESH, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. John 17:2

God the Lord is still the God over all or else what does KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS mean?

That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High RULETH in the KINGDOM OF MEN, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. And whereas they commanded to leave the stump of the tree roots; thy kingdom shall be sure unto thee, after that thou shalt have known that THE HEAVENS DO RULE.

He has not changed, but still rules over all and does with men as he pleases! Satan was a liar when he said to Jesus all the kingdoms of the world were his. Jesus himself said that Pilate would have no power over him unless it came from above. John 19:10, 11

till thou know that the most High RULETH in the KINGDOM OF MEN, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

WJ

Bump for t8 and Mike.

WJ

WJ

God the father has power over all things,he has given powers to Christ to bring all things under his Father rules ,but all according to those rules not his rules ,

this is why we are still in the mess we are living today,

the day that Satan will stop his the day Christ take him and putting him behind bars so to speak for 1000 years,

so you red pencil marks are not true ,

Pierre

Pierre

So let me see if I understand ???, the words of Jesus in RED are not true?

Why don't you answer the questions?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2012,11:37)
    Pierre

WJ

WJ

what did i say ?;God the father has power over all things,he has given powers to Christ to bring all things under his Father rules ,but all according to those rules not his rules ,

so it is not as you say ;but your believe that because he receive all powers MAKE HIM THE GOD OF THIS AGE;THIS IS WRONG ;ONLY WEN IT IS ALL OVER SO THAT ALL OPPOSITION TO GOD THE FATHER AS BEEN ELIMINATED THEN IT WOULD BE TRUE ,BUT THEN WE WOULD BE IN ANOTHER AGE RIGHT .?YES

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2012,04:37)
    Pierre

WJ

Keith,

Did you see the thread I started, “T8's and Mikeboll's fuzzy math”?

Jesus had power over satan BEFORE He was exalted and given “ALL power.”

Check out the op to that thread.

Jack

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 31 2012,12:46)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2012,11:37)
    Pierre

WJ

WJ

what did i say ?;God the father has power over all things,he has given powers to Christ to bring all things under his Father rules ,but all according to those rules not his rules ,

so it is not as you say ;but your believe that because he receive all powers MAKE HIM THE GOD OF THIS AGE;THIS IS WRONG ;…ONLY WEN IT IS ALL OVER SO THAT ALL OPPOSITION TO GOD THE FATHER AS BEEN ELIMINATED THEN IT WOULD BE TRUE ,BUT THEN WE WOULD BE IN ANOTHER AGE RIGHT .?YES

Pierre

Peirre

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 31 2012,12:46)
    so it is not as you say ;but your believe that because he receive all powers MAKE HIM THE GOD OF THIS AGE;THIS IS WRONG ;…

So when Jesus says…

Then to you Jesus is lying when he says he has all authority in the earth?

So to you Jesus is not “the God of the age” or “a God” at all, yet you call satan the God of this world?

WJ

Hi All

This is real simple.

WJ

T0 t8, Mike and Peirre

WJ

Who has the power to do true miracles in this world/age? (Note: not lying and decieving wonders or works)

Who has the power to heal all diseases in this world/age?

Who has the power to save all men in this world/age?

Who has the power to raise the dead in this world/age?

Who has the power over all darkness in this world/age?

Who causes the sun to rise and fall on the just and on the unjust in this world?

Is it satan that has any power except what man gives him by yielding to his devises?

As Jack has pointed out “God has blinded the minds of them that believe not”.

By the way who is it that opens the seals of judgment on mankind in the book of Revelations?

Blessings WJ

journey42
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2012,07:56)
    Who has the power to do true miracles in this world/age? (Note: not lying and decieving wonders or works)

Who causes the sun to rise and fall on the just and on the unjust in this world?

Is it satan that has any power except what man gives him by yielding to his devises?

By the way who is it that opens the seals of judgment on mankind in the book of Revelations?

Blessings WJ

Hi WP

Yes, Jesus has been given authority, but at the moment he sits at the right hand of God.

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

On Christ's return he will claim his own throne and exercise all his authority. This is when he will rule, with the power given him.

Jeremiah 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Zechariah 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 31 2012,15:59)
    On Christ's return he will claim his own throne and exercise all his authority.  This is when he will rule, with the power given him.

And even then, he will still be ruling in the strength and name of his Father and God.  (Micah 5:4)

Even then, he will still be “Prince” and “King” to Jehovah's “God”.  (Ezekiel 34:24)

Keith, both Journey and Pierre have answered your posts wonderfully.  

As Pierre pointed out, you must be blind to not see all the times it says “my Father GAVE me” in the scriptures you posted.  Who is greater, Keith?  The one who gives the power, or the one who receives what is given him?

Also, no one here is claiming Satan rules this world because of his own doing.  Just like with Job, Satan can only go as far as his own God allows him to.  So it's not a matter of Satan being stronger or greater than God or Jesus; it's a matter of that's how God has set things in place for now.

Also, I addressed your post the first time on this thread, and heard no rebuttal.  I wanted to know why the God of Jesus needs to place Satan and his other enemies at the feet of Jesus before Jesus is able to subdue them.

And finally, the word in Matthew 28:18 is AUTHORITY, not POWER.

peace,
    mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2012,07:56)

Blessings WJ

WJ, you forget that the Kingdom of God is greater than the world. Of course Jesus has greater power than the world.

Love not the world WJ, for the love of the Father is not in you if you do. God is not the God of this world. If he was, we should love that which he is God of.

He is the God of the living and not the dead, but by your reasoning he is the God of the dead too. No God never intended for us to die. He is not the author of sin that leads to death. He is not the author of this world either.

Get a grip guys. Don't blame God for this world.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Journey42 wrote:

On Christ's return he will claim his own throne and exercise all his authority.  This is when he will rule, with the power given him.

Paul said that Christ “must reign” until He returns. he said that when Christ returns He will “deliver the kingdom to the Father” and will “Himself become a subject.”

You have absolutely no scriptural basis whatsoever for what you say. His kingdom ENDS when He returns.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 01 2012,14:47)

Hi All

This is real simple.

WJ

T0 t8, Mike and Peirre

WJ

Wj

again you know the answer to all of them ;so tell me why did Christ does not uses those power ??

why is it that the powers of Satan are still in full action on the earth ???

what is scriptures saying about what Christ as to do regarding the development of events prior to the end ???

Pierre

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 01 2012,10:51)
    Journey42 wrote:

Paul said that Christ “must reign” until He returns. he said that when Christ returns He will “deliver the kingdom to the Father” and will “Himself become a subject.”

You have absolutely no scriptural basis whatsoever for what you say. His kingdom ENDS when He returns.

KJ

Hi KJ

Yes that is true what you quote, but that is at the end of the millennium. This is when Christ will hand the kingdom back to the Father, and be subject to him,
    …..for God will dwell with men, when the holy city, New Jerusalem comes down from heaven. This can only happen after Christ has put all enemies under his feet, even death itself. No more death… ever, for anyone…death will be thrown into the lake of fire.
    The earth will be cleaned up by Christ, and rid of all evil in preparation for it to be melted, and presented to the Father, clean, white.

The millennium has not started yet. But will soon, after his return. This is when we will see the big changes, and Christ ruling with a rod of iron. It's his way now.

Regarding your comment, I gave you scripture?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8………..So God the Father, takes the back seat TO YOUR SATAN in your dogmas of this world right? He is not “Really ” SOVEREIGN over all things according to you, right T8 . T8, you are wrong on this one brother.

peace and love to you and yours T8…………………………………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account