Satan is in the lake of fire

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 04 2009,06:58)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 04 2009,06:33)

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 03 2009,14:12)
    BD…………..So the angle of the lord was a adversary to Balam , Yes his was a (SATAN) to Balam ,a adversary, but not to GOD. Adversary simply means against something, The problem is people connect a (Particular) Being with the word, a Begin can express a Satan attitude (adversarial) attitude that is. Even as Peter and Judas and the Pharisees did, and can be called a devil or satan, because of that attitude .

A Angle is a Being who has a body with Spirit in it. There is no one who is pure SPIRIT except GOD Himself. All others who have Spirit in them have bodies also. The word  spirit (Being) does not imply a Being who has no body of some kind even Jesus had a body after his resurrection.  I have never seen a real Being called (THE) devil, AND neither has anyone else seen this elusive Being called the devil, except people them selves these are the only devils i have ever seen. What about you please tell me what he looks like if you have seen him. DB while your looking around to see one , just look at your fellow man chances are there is your devils. IMO

gene

We never see the words “pure sirit” because Spirit refers to something purely invisible. I never said that anyone was an adversary to God for I have always said that Satan is the enemy of Man. Yes, To become Satanic is to be a Satan and the fact is many spirit beings followed what was the first Satanic Spirit Being in the Quran this being had an actual name which was Ibliss and he was not an angel he was what is known as a Jinn another creation of God that was created before the creation of Man.

What!!! Another creation before man?  You don't really believe this do you?  That is way out!!!!!!
    Irene

Weren't angels created before mankind? Wasn't all creatures ogf the sea, land and sky as well as all creeping things created before man?

georg
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 04 2009,08:07)

BD…………..So the angle of the lord was a adversary to Balam , Yes his was a (SATAN) to Balam ,a adversary, but not to GOD. Adversary simply means against something, The problem is people connect a (Particular) Being with the word, a Begin can express a Satan attitude (adversarial) attitude that is. Even as Peter and Judas and the Pharisees did, and can be called a devil or satan, because of that attitude .

A Angle is a Being who has a body with Spirit in it. There is no one who is pure SPIRIT except GOD Himself. All others who have Spirit in them have bodies also. The word  spirit (Being) does not imply a Being who has no body of some kind even Jesus had a body after his resurrection.  I have never seen a real Being called (THE) devil, AND neither has anyone else seen this elusive Being called the devil, except people them selves these are the only devils i have ever seen. What about you please tell me what he looks like if you have seen him. DB while your looking around to see one , just look at your fellow man chances are there is your devils. IMO

gene

We never see the words “pure sirit” because Spirit refers to something purely invisible. I never said that anyone was an adversary to God for I have always said that Satan is the enemy of Man. Yes, To become Satanic is to be a Satan and the fact is many spirit beings followed what was the first Satanic Spirit Being in the Quran this being had an actual name which was Ibliss and he was not an angel he was what is known as a Jinn another creation of God that was created before the creation of Man.

What!!! Another creation before man?  You don't really believe this do you?  That is way out!!!!!!
    Irene

Weren't angels created before mankind? Wasn't all creatures ogf the sea, land and sky as well as all creeping things created before man?

Did you talk about Angels on your previous post?
    What you did say that God created another creation who was not an Angel but was created before man. This being was known as Jinn.  Whatever that was.  The Bible never talkes about another creation besides man and celestial beings. So I will not believe in that. I dd'nt think you were talking about Animals, like creeping things, they are considered Animals.  You said another creation, that is called again JINN.
    Irene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 04 2009,08:25)

gene

Irene

What you did say that God created another creation who was not an Angel but was created before man. This being was known as Jinn.  Whatever that was.  The Bible never talkes about another creation besides man and celestial beings. So I will not believe in that. I dd'nt think you were talking about Animals, like creeping things, they are considered Animals.  You said another creation, that is called again JINN.
    Irene

So when God said he sent a lying spirit do you think he was saying a lying Angel?

1 Kings 22:21-23 (King James Version)

21And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.

22And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

Now notice it is not an angel it is simply said it is a spirit, one capable of lying. Do angels really lie?

And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
    2 Kings 21:5-7

The Quran explains:

(10) Behold! We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam”: They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!
    ( سورة الكهف , Al-Kahf, Chapter #18, Verse #50)

You see Iblis(Satan) was one of the Jinns he was not an angel that disobeyed God for Angels cannot disobey God

(8) And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.
    ( سورة الحجر , Al-Hijr, Chapter #15, Verse #27)

(23) And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke:
    ( سورة الرحمن , Ar-Rahman, Chapter #55, Verse #15)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Satan can be as an angel of light.
    He was with the sons of God in Jb1-2
    He has angels and the fire is prepared for them[mt25]

Islamic offerings are comparatively useless.

Psalms 104:1-4
    “1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; . 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire.”

In the above passage is David speaking of just one group or two groups of beings?

Ephesians 6:10-13
    “12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Do these reference apply to all angels? Here is where some confusion may arise due to the liberal use of the term angel. Psalms 104:1-4 wasn't necessarily stating that angels are strictly spiritual beings. Also, not all angels are enveloped in flaming fire. The angels in Ezekiel 1:4-14, for instance, were angels surrounded by flames of fire, but don't even come close to the human appearance of the angels that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, among others, which were usually mistaken for being male humans.

Ezekiel 1:4-14
    “4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. 5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. 6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. 7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. 8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. 9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. 11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. 12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. 13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.”

As for the spiritual beings mentioned in Ephesians 6:10-13, these are spiritual beings that Christian's wrestle against. This distinguishes them as either fallen angels, or demons, terms which are unique from each other. Paul mentions them specifically as not having flesh and blood. I think there could be three possible explanations for this passage of scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Are his ministers necesarily angels and is that fire not the fire of God in them.
    God is a consuming fire.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 04 2009,09:13)
    “1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; . 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire.”

In the above passage is David speaking of just one group or two groups of beings?

“12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Do these reference apply to all angels? Here is where some confusion may arise due to the liberal use of the term angel. Psalms 104:1-4 wasn't necessarily stating that angels are strictly spiritual beings. Also, not all angels are enveloped in flaming fire. The angels in Ezekiel 1:4-14, for instance, were angels surrounded by flames of fire, but don't even come close to the human appearance of the angels that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, among others, which were usually mistaken for being male humans.

“4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. 5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. 6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. 7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. 8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. 9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. 11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. 12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. 13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.”

As for the spiritual beings mentioned in Ephesians 6:10-13, these are spiritual beings that Christian's wrestle against. This distinguishes them as either fallen angels, or demons, terms which are unique from each other. Paul mentions them specifically as not having flesh and blood. I think there could be three possible explanations for this passage of scripture.

Your perception is very keen. Very good scriptures provided

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    The Cherubim you spoke of are angelic beings that form the throne of God.
    Amazing beings with wheels as seen in Ez 1-10

Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 01 2009,11:52)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 01 2009,08:47)

Quote (georg @ Nov. 01 2009,01:00)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 31 2009,11:37)
    Nick was saying people die every day but this is not the judgement, but Adam, those who were destroyed by the flood in the days of Noah, and Sodom and Ghommorah were judged by God and in the case of the wicked in the days of Noah and Sodom and Ghommorah they were destroyed.  This was no ordinary death.  They were judged by God.

Anyway, I have given you my understanding of this.  I would hope that everyone would be saved, but based on my understanding of the scriptures, I don't believe that will happen.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Have you ever wondered why Jesus said this?

Mat 10:14   And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.  
    Mat 10:15   Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.  

Doesn't that show that all the dead will yet have their chance to repent?

Georg

Hi Georg:

Everyone had an opportunity to repent during their lifetime.

But judgement will be severe on those who have heard the gospel and have rejected it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

“EVERYONE”?

I don't think you believe that yourself.

Georg

Hi Georg:

In Adam all die in that all have sinned, but the scripture states that “in Christ” shall all be made alive.

I believe that this verse of scripture is referring to the dead in Christ because of the following verses before and after 1 Co 15:22 which you quoted, and so taken in context.

1Cr 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

1Cr 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 15:20 ¶ But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1Cr 15:21 For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

And the verse after:

1Cr 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

georg
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 04 2009,09:02)

Quote (georg @ Nov. 04 2009,08:25)

gene

Irene

Irene

So when God said he sent a lying spirit do you think he was saying a lying Angel?

1 Kings 22:21-23 (King James Version)

21And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.

22And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

Now notice it is not an angel it is simply said it is a spirit, one capable of lying. Do angels really lie?

And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
    2 Kings 21:5-7

The Quran explains:

(10) Behold! We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam”: They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!  
    (  سورة الكهف  , Al-Kahf, Chapter #18, Verse #50)

You see Iblis(Satan) was one of the Jinns he was not an angel that disobeyed God for Angels cannot disobey God

(8) And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.  
    (  سورة الحجر  , Al-Hijr, Chapter #15, Verse #27)

(23) And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke:  
    (  سورة الرحمن  , Ar-Rahman, Chapter #55, Verse #15)

What do you think Satan was before iniquity was found in Him.
    Isaiah14:12 How you have fallen from Heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!  How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!
    Verse 15 For you have said in your heart; I will ascend into heaven, I wll exalt my throne above the stars of God;  I will alo sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides
    of the north;
    verse 14 I wll ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the MostHigh.”
    Irene

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 03 2009,14:47)
    Hi CON,
    The Cherubim you spoke of are angelic beings that form the throne of God.
    Amazing beings with wheels as seen in Ez 1-10

I am sure you know best.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 03 2009,14:39)

Well they do seem different.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So Satan is not yet in the lake of fire.

Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 04 2009,19:53)

Hi Con:

I don't believe that the Apostle Paul was indicating that these did not have flesh and blood, but that it is the spirit of wickedness that we struggle against, such as the Pharisees.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    Col 2:15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it

Another example of this is that spirit that wants to impose Sharia law on the whole world.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 06 2009,12:47)

Hi Con:

I don't believe that the Apostle Paul was indicating that these did not have flesh and blood, but that it is the spirit of wickedness that we struggle against, such as the Pharisees.

Col 2:14   Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;  
    Col 2:15   [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it

Another example of this is that spirit that wants to impose Sharia law on the whole world.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Sharia (Arabic: '‎شريعة Šarīʿa; IPA: [ʃɑˈriːɑ]) is an Arabic word meaning ‘way’ or ‘path’. In Arabic, the collocation ‘Šarīʿat Allāh’ (God’s Law) is traditionally used not only by Muslims, but also Christians[1] and Jews, sometimes translating expressions such as Torat Elōhīm [תורת אלוהים] or ‘ho nómos toû theoû' (ὁ νόμος τοῦ θεοῦ) '’. Yet in modern English it often refers to an Islamic concept, the wide body of Islamic religious law.

The early Christians were of “The Way”

Jesus was an intensifier of the Law not one to abolish it see if you can spot some Islamic beliefs here:

Matthew 5:27-29 (King James Version)

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:29 (King James Version)

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 5 (King James Version)
    17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

31It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Con:

Col 2:14   Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;  
    Col 2:15   [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it

Love in Christ,
    Marty

By the way, do you say that The Way of God should not be upon the whole world? Are you of the mind that man should be able to do whatever he wants?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Con:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Are people SPIRITS OF WICKEDNESS?
    Hmmm

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,14:12)

Hi Con:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Hmmm

Hi Nick:

1Jo 3:10 ¶ In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
    1Jo 3:12 Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

And what about Hitler's works? What say ye?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 06 2009,13:43)

Hi Con:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Sharia (Arabic: '‎شريعة Šarīʿa; IPA: [ʃɑˈriːɑ]) is an Arabic word meaning ‘way’ or ‘path’. In Arabic, the collocation ‘Šarīʿat Allāh’ (God’s Law) is traditionally used not only by Muslims, but also Christians[1] and Jews, sometimes translating expressions such as Torat Elōhīm [תורת אלוהים] or ‘ho nómos toû theoû' (ὁ νόμος τοῦ θεοῦ) '’. Yet in modern English it often refers to an Islamic concept, the wide body of Islamic religious law.

The early Christians were of “The Way”

Jesus was an intensifier of the Law not one to abolish it see if you can spot some Islamic beliefs here:

Matthew 5:27-29 (King James Version)

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:29 (King James Version)

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

31It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

And so, do you believe that someone that commits adultery should be stoned to death? or tha
    t Jesus meant that someone's hand should literally be cut off if he were caught in a theft?

Jesus fulfilled the law and we who are born again Christians fulfill it also by walking in his footsteps and by the blood that he shed for us to wash away our sins and keep us in the state of holiness when we come short of perfect obedience.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 06 2009,15:29)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,14:12)

Hi Con:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Hmmm

Hi Nick:

1Jo 3:10 ¶ In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
    1Jo 3:12   Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

And what about Hitler's works? What say ye?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Were you less of a sinner than him before God granted you mercy?

The spirit of man is not evil.
    Just the company he entertains in his flesh house

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account