Satan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 388 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 17 2010,18:54)
    Gene, what about Jude 1:9 and that dispute between Michael and Satan?

Igor……..Jude was quoting a scripture that does nt exist in any scriptures we have, It is believed He got that from the book of Enoch , some believe it to have been inspired other do not. I personally do not. In our Scriptures It say that GOD Buried Moses, and I don't think anyone was arguing about the Body of Moses at all. Igor look up the word SATAN in any concordance and your will find it means Advisory. When Peter was acting as an Adversary to GOD Work Jesus called Him a SATAN, and indeed He was. Jesus said also “have i not chosen all of you and one of you (IS) a DEVIL”, the word Devil is Greek for SATAN. In my opinion there is (NO) SATAN Being going around jumping in and out of People. That is just another of Many false teaching of the Harlot Church. It is their teachings of the doctrines about devils and demons, we are warned against in REVELATIONS. WE are told to come out of Her that we recieve not of Her plagues.The plagues are Phobias caused by believing in unsee spooks going around taking over People and is a large peoblem with many people today.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Gene

Do you understand the consequences of what you're saying?

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If “any man” preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

If I were you, I would really take these scriptures to heart.

Georg

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 18 2010,13:16)
    “””Moreover, an examination of the Hebrew text, will convince any one that the evidence for the title “Lucifer” is exceedingly slight. It is precisely the same word as the translators rendered “howl” in Zech.11:2. In the feminine it occurs again in this very chapter, at the beginning of verse 31. In slightly different forms it is found in Isaiah ten times, and it is always rendered howl (13:6; 15:2,3; 16:7,7; 23:1,6,14; 52:5; 65:14). There is no valid reason why Isaiah 14:12 should not be rendered, “Howl!” instead of “Lucifer.” This name is a human invention, and should have no place in the Scriptures.”””
    ——————————————————–

What, or who, gives you the right to determine what is, and what is not, a human invention. The Bible says “Lucifer”, I can see were that gives you a problem, but it is your problem, not no one else's.

Georg.
    You say…”What, or who, gives you the right to determine what is, and what is not, a human invention. The Bible says “Lucifer”, I can see were that gives you a problem, but it is your problem, not no one else's.

This is an example of the translaters, who translate the same hebrew word in the hebrew scriptures into different words in the various English versions. It just shows that the same hebrew word should not have a variety of meanings in English words, so some must be incorrect. This has nothing to do with me, I was just quoting you some facts. It is not me changing scripture as you accuse.

Blessings, Jerry.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 17 2010,05:21)
    Gene,

Peter was at that very moment opposing Yeshua, so he was called a Satan, perhaps because at that moment he was doing what Satan wanted. Peter is of course a great brother of us, and we all make mistakes, he really loved Yeshua and didn't want him to die and didn't really understood at that moment, what needed to be done.

But Satan is a fallen angel, the bible is very clear on this, especially in the New Testament, but also in the Old Testament.

Hi Igorwulff,

Mispronouncing [יהשוע המשיח] YÄ-shü-ă  hä Mäh-shē-äkh is also a way of opposing Jesus!

Pronouncing his name as Jesus is NOT a problem, however
    mispronouncing it as [Yəsh-yü-ă] IS A BIG PROBLEM; and here's why…
    Knowing the importantcy of God's Son's Name is critical because of it's meaning: which illustrates

The Hebrew word [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă merely means ‘He will save.
    distancing (יהוה) [YÄ]’s salvation from the man Jesus is a DIRECT Rejection of “YÄ-shü-ă”(Jesus=74) as “Messiah”=74.
    This subtle distinction of [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă purposely substituted for [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă
    usually goes unnoticed when heard by a non Hebrew-speaking person;
    nevertheless, this wholly implies a specific denial of Jesus as Lord and Savior.
    Jesus being found in fashion as a man, humbled himself, and became obedient unto death,
    even His death on the cross [†]. (Phil. 2:8) Along with Jesus, either the phrase
    |יהשוע הנצרי מלך היהוםדי| or the acronym of it was posted on a plaque and nailed to the “cross”=74.
    This Hebrew inscription means|YÄ shü ă of Nazareth the king of the Jews|. YÄ-shü-ă means:
    YÄ WILL SAVE” because “YÄ is YHVH”=117 and “YHVH is GOD”=117. Meaning: GOD the Father is
    both Christ’s Savior
    (Gal. 1:1) and ours. (1Cor. 6:14) “GOD the Father”=117 “is” “The Savior”=117. (AKJV: Isaiah 12:2)

THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION IS CRITICAL IN OUR UNDERSTANDING!
    PSALM 117is[The Bible's Center], the “[smallest chapter]” of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    gene is not interested in your views he want us to buy is views and to recognize his power of understanding and clairvoyance so to speak,
    I WOULD IF HE WAS SAYING THE TRUTH ,BUT THEN IT WOULD NOT BE IHS VIEWS IT WOULD BE GODS VIEWS,

CAN'T WIN 'GENE” THIS WORLD YOU LIVE IN IS THE DEVILS ONE,MANY OF US WILL HAVE NO PART OF IT.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 18 2010,16:37)

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 14 2010,08:03)
    “””Moreover, an examination of the Hebrew text, will convince any one that the evidence for the title “Lucifer” is exceedingly slight. It is precisely the same word as the translators rendered “howl” in Zech.11:2. In the feminine it occurs again in this very chapter, at the beginning of verse 31. In slightly different forms it is found in Isaiah ten times, and it is always rendered howl (13:6; 15:2,3; 16:7,7; 23:1,6,14; 52:5; 65:14). There is no valid reason why Isaiah 14:12 should not be rendered, “Howl!” instead of “Lucifer.” This name is a human invention, and should have no place in the Scriptures.”””

What, or who, gives you the right to determine what is, and what is not, a human invention. The Bible says “Lucifer”, I can see were that gives you a problem, but it is your problem, not no one else's.

Georg.
       You say…”What, or who, gives you the right to determine what is, and what is not, a human invention. The Bible says “Lucifer”, I can see were that gives you a problem, but it is your problem, not no one else's.

This is an example of the translaters, who translate the same hebrew word in the hebrew scriptures  into different words in the various English versions.  It just shows that the same hebrew word should not have a variety of meanings in English words, so some must be incorrect.  This has nothing to do with me, I was just quoting you some facts.  It is not me changing scripture as you accuse.

Blessings, Jerry.

Hi ChosenOne,

Your information is false: “Howl” is Never translated from the word 'Lucifer' is translated from in the AKJV Bible!
    Georg is right here and it is you who is mis-informed!

Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

CO

if what you say is in the scriptures God give you the right to say it in his name so is Christ,
    is that authority high enough for you ???

this is not a man it is he who create men.

Elizabeth
    Participant

——————————————————–

Georg.

This is an example of the translaters, who translate the same hebrew word in the hebrew scriptures  into different words in the various English versions.  It just shows that the same hebrew word should not have a variety of meanings in English words, so some must be incorrect.  This has nothing to do with me, I was just quoting you some facts.  It is not me changing scripture as you accuse.

Blessings, Jerry.

Jerry

If I can't trust the Bible, the word of God, then whom would you say should I trust?
    The Bible was not written so all of us have to first look at Hebrew, Greek or Latin, and then figure out what a word may say; the Bible was written so that it requires the Holy Spirit of God to understand it.

1Cr 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……….If you take any concordance and look up the word SATAN , or DEVIL or DEMON you will find they all have the same meaning and the meaning is (ADVERSARY) ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE. It is Man who attaches the false understanding to those words Not GOD or Jesus. ANYONE CAN BE A SATAN AT ANY TIME OF THEIR LIVES. But men love ignorance and suspicions over the truth and that is the real problem , so all these false assumptions about spooks going around jumping in and out of People arises. The ONLY SATAN'S ON the earth is MAN, HE IS THE ADVERSARY OF GOD, He is the one sitting in high places of the earth , effecting it, BY the SPIRIT (intellect) IN HIM, not some invisible (BEING OR SPOOK) possessing some great power over our minds, but the Spirit (intellect) of disobedience working in the Childern of Disobedience. That is what the ADVERSARY of GOD is. Not A BEING OR FALLEN ANGLE, BUT A SPIRIT (INTELLECT) THAT WORKS THROUGH the minds of those who are against the truth of GOD. NOT A BEING IN COMPETITION WITH GOD, BUT AN (INTELLECT) OR SPIRIT. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

gene

you maybe right about words ,but you still wrong, it as to be seen this way;God is spirit ,not carnal,wen in genesis the angel (spirit being)that was according to Eze; in Eden,and wen man was created found the way to make man disobey his creator,
    man became the target of that angel for the angel (spirit being) has is name changed into the what is actions put him in regard of Gods will,and that was SATAN or adversary,because of is action that is exactly what he became.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca……….YOU assumption a SPIRIT is A BEING, needs to be proven (FIRST). To me a Being other then GOD, is a BODY + SPIRIT in It. That to me equals a BEING. The only one scripture i know of, that has been misunderstood in my opinion is where it says ” GOD CREATES HIS ANGLES SPIRITS” AND THEY GO AND MINISTER. Some presume that is saying Angles are Spirit Beings, But it is not saying that at all, What it is saying is that GOD (CREATES) HIS ANGLE'S (SPIRITS) THEY HAVE (IN) THEM, AND SENDS THEM OUT TO MINISTER. There are no Spirit Being other then GOD HIMSELF, SPIRIT is What is (IN) a BEING. IMO

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 19 2010,04:11)
    To all……….If you take any concordance and look up the word SATAN , or DEVIL or DEMON you will find they all have the same meaning and the meaning is (ADVERSARY) ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE. It is Man who attaches the false understanding to those words Not GOD or Jesus. ANYONE CAN BE A SATAN AT ANY TIME OF THEIR LIVES. But men love ignorance and suspicions over the truth and that is the real problem , so all these false assumptions about spooks going around jumping in and out of People arises. The ONLY SATAN'S ON the earth is MAN, HE IS THE ADVERSARY OF GOD, He is the one sitting in high places of the earth , effecting it, BY the SPIRIT (intellect) IN HIM, not some invisible (BEING OR SPOOK) possessing some great power over our minds, but the Spirit (intellect) of disobedience working in the Childern of Disobedience. That is what the ADVERSARY  of GOD is.  Not A BEING OR FALLEN ANGLE, BUT A SPIRIT (INTELLECT)  THAT WORKS THROUGH  the minds of those who are against the truth of GOD. NOT A BEING IN COMPETITION WITH GOD, BUT AN (INTELLECT) OR SPIRIT.  IMO

Hi Gane,

1Tm:1:20: Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan,
                     that they may learn not to blaspheme.

What adversary did Paul deliver Hymenaeus over to?

1Cor:5:5: To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
                    that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

What adversary was Paul delivering the fornicator to?

2Cor:2:11: Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

This non-entity adversary has devices, what are these devices; Gene?
                          They are obviously adversarial type devices, of course!

Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Group: Regular Members

——————————————————————————–
    Terraricca……….YOU assumption a SPIRIT is A BEING, needs to be proven (FIRST). To me a Being other then GOD, is a BODY + SPIRIT in It. That to me equals a BEING. The only one scripture i know of, that has been misunderstood in my opinion is where it says ” GOD CREATES HIS ANGLES SPIRITS” AND THEY GO AND MINISTER. Some presume that is saying Angles are Spirit Beings, But it is not saying that at all, What it is saying is that GOD (CREATES) HIS ANGLE'S (SPIRITS) THEY HAVE (IN) THEM, AND SENDS THEM OUT TO MINISTER. There are no Spirit Being other then GOD HIMSELF, SPIRIT is What is (IN) a BEING. IMO

Gene

the word BEING means; being could be understood as anything that can be said to be, which is opposed to nonexistence. For example one could ask: “why is there something instead of nothing?” Where “something” implies being.[1] For a metaphysician the main problem

angel ;they are spirit being this means they are alive in there nature.

terraricca
    Participant

gene

you should stop reading novel about dreams ,your questions seems like you never read the bible.

1Ki 19:7 The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.”
    2Ki 1:3 But the angel of the LORD said to Elijah the Tishbite, “Go up and meet the messengers of the king of Samaria and ask them, ‘Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going off to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?’
    2Ki 1:15 The angel of the LORD said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So Elijah got up and went down with him to the king.
    2Ki 19:35 That night the angel of the LORD went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand men in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning—there were all the dead bodies!
    1Ch 21:12 three years of famine, three months of being swept away before your enemies, with their swords overtaking you, or three days of the sword of the LORD—days of plague in the land, with the angel of the LORD ravaging every part of Israel.’ Now then, decide how I should answer the one who sent me.”
    1Ch 21:15 And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem. But as the angel was doing so, the LORD saw it and was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was destroying the people, “Enough! Withdraw your hand.” The angel of the LORD was then standing at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.
    1Ch 21:16 David looked up and saw the angel of the LORD standing between heaven and earth, with a drawn sword in his hand extended over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell facedown.
    1Ch 21:18 Then the angel of the LORD ordered Gad to tell David to go up and build an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.
    1Ch 21:20 While Araunah was threshing wheat, he turned and saw the angel; his four sons who were with him hid themselves

2Ch 32:21 And the LORD sent an angel, who annihilated all the fighting men and the leaders and officers in the camp of the Assyrian king. So he withdrew to his own land in disgrace. And when he went into the temple of his god, some of his sons

Da 6:22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king.”
    Hos 12:4 He struggled with the angel and overcame him

Zec 5:10 “Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.
    Zec 6:4 I asked the angel who was speaking to me, “What are these, my lord?”
    Zec 6:5 The angel answered me, “These are the four spirits of heaven, going out from standing in the presence of the Lord of the whole world.
    Zec 12:8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of the LORD going before them.
    Mt 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
    Mt 1:24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.

Mt 2:13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

Mt 2:19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
    Mt 28:2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.
    Mt 28:5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
    Lk 1:11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.
    Lk 1:13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John.
    Lk 1:18 Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.”
    Lk 1:19 The angel answered, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.

Lk 1:26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,
    Lk 1:28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”
    Lk 1:30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.
    Lk 1:34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
    Lk 1:35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
    Lk 1:38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May it be to me as you have said.” Then the angel left her.
    Lk 2:9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
    Lk 2:10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
    Lk 2:13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

Lk 2:21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.
    Lk 22:43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.
    Jn 12:29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.
    Ac 5:19 But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out.
    Ac 6:15 All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.
    Ac 7:30 “After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai.
    Ac 7:35 “This is the same Moses whom they had rejected with the words, ‘Who made you ruler and judge?’ He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush.
    Ac 7:38 He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.

Ac 8:26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.”
    Ac 10:3 One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!”
    Ac 10:4 Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked.
    The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.
    Ac 10:7 When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants.
    Ac 10:22 The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to have you come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.”
    Ac 11:13 He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, ‘Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter.
    Ac 12:7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.
    Ac 12:8 Then the angel said to him, “Put on your clothes and sandals.” And Peter did so. “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me,” the angel told him.
    Ac 12:9 P
    eter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision.
    Ac 12:10 They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.
    Ac 12:11 Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know without a doubt that the Lord sent his angel and rescued me from Herod’s clutches and from everything the Jewish people were anticipating.”
    Ac 12:15 “You’re out of your mind,” they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, “It must be his angel.”
    Ac 12:23 Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.
    Ac 23:9 There was a great uproar, and some of the teachers of the law who were Pharisees stood up and argued vigorously. “We find nothing wrong with this man,” they said. “What if a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?”
    Ac 27:23 Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me
    1Co 10:10 And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel.
    2Co 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
    Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
    Gal 4:14 Even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Rev 2:1 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:
    These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands:

Rev 2:8 “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:
    These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Rev 2:12 “To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
    These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword.

Rev 2:18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
    These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

Rev 3:1 “To the angel of the church in Sardis write:
    These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Rev 3:7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
    These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

Rev 3:14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
    These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.
    Rev 5:2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?”
    Rev 7:2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea:
    Rev 8:3 Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 18 2010,21:50)

Georg.

Blessings, Jerry.

Hi ChosenOne,

Your information is false: “Howl” is Never translated from the word 'Lucifer' is translated from in the AKJV Bible!

Ed J

EdJ.
    You misunderstand, read this again:- Moreover, an examination of the Hebrew text, will convince any one that the evidence for the title “Lucifer” is exceedingly slight. It is precisely the same word as the translators rendered “howl” in Zech.11:2. In the feminine it occurs again in this very chapter, at the beginning of verse 31. In slightly different forms it is found in Isaiah ten times, and it is always rendered howl (13:6; 15:2,3; 16:7,7; 23:1,6,14; 52:5; 65:14). There is no valid reason why Isaiah 14:12 should not be rendered, “Howl!” instead of “Lucifer.” This name is a human invention, and should have no place in the Scriptures.

This doesn't say the word “howl” is translated FROM “Lucifer”, it says that the ORIGINAL HEBREW word was translated more often as 'howl', and other lesser times as 'Lucifer'.
    Does that make it clearer?

Blessings Jerry

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 19 2010,05:48)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 18 2010,21:50)

Georg.

Blessings, Jerry.

Hi ChosenOne,

Ed J

EdJ.
      You misunderstand, read this again:-  Moreover, an examination of the Hebrew text, will convince any one that the evidence for the title “Lucifer” is exceedingly slight. It is precisely the same word as the translators rendered “howl” in Zech.11:2. In the feminine it occurs again in this very chapter, at the beginning of verse 31. In slightly different forms it is found in Isaiah ten times, and it is always rendered howl (13:6; 15:2,3; 16:7,7; 23:1,6,14; 52:5; 65:14). There is no valid reason why Isaiah 14:12 should not be rendered, “Howl!” instead of “Lucifer.” This name is a human invention, and should have no place in the Scriptures.

This doesn't say the word “howl” is translated FROM “Lucifer”, it says that the ORIGINAL HEBREW word was translated more often as 'howl', and other lesser times as 'Lucifer'.
      Does that make it clearer?

Blessings Jerry

Hi ChosenOne,

What was the other thread I responded to you on; I can't seem to remember?

Anyways… False information NEVER makes anything clearer !
    All those verses you reference use the word [ילל] with the only EXCEPTION Isaiah 14:12, which uses [הילל]!
    The similarity in wording must have confused your (IT SAYS) sources! But their information IS STILL FALSE!

Zech.11:2
    ילל yâw-lâl: Howl: to howl(with a wailing tone) or yell(with a boisterous one):-(make to)howl, be howling.

Isaiah 14:12
    הילל hêy-lêl: Lucifer: ‘giver of light and bright morning star’
    Lucifer also means: ‘to boast or make a showing and selfish rage or praise’.

This definition is a descriptive elucidation of Satan!
    Satan's=74 name is Lucifer=74! Gematria(Number associations) confirms this Truth.
    Geog is right, why do you (Chosenone) choose to disregard Provable FACTS!

God bless
    Ed J

chosenone
    Participant

EdJ.
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Blessings.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 19 2010,12:12)
    EdJ.
      I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Blessings.

Hi ChosenOne,

Unacceptable! What you present is a dichotomy. I cannot agree to your dichotomy, because a dichotomy is a LIE!
    Lucifer is hiding behind your dichotomy LIE, which I CANNOT agree to, because it is of satan the devil!
    Here is what Jesus says about lies, PROVING Lucifer(Satan), which is the very entity in question here…

John 8:44: Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
    He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth,
    because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie,
    he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Isaiah 28:17 Judgment also will I (YHVH) lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet:
    and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
    Psalm 10:15 Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.

I always seek to agree with “Bible Truth”! You more correctly choose disagree with “Bible Truth”.
    You can so choose to disagree with “Bible Truth” if you wish, but I wouldn't recommend it?

Ed J

chosenone
    Participant

Ed J.
    You have your sources, I have mine, we both trust in what they present. Lets be friends and quit this foolishness.
    I don't want to continue in this discussion, this will be my last post on this subject.

Blessings, Jerry.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 19 2010,16:01)
    Ed J.
      You have your sources, I have mine, we both trust in what they present.  Lets be friends and quit this foolishness.  
      I don't want to continue in this discussion, this will be my last post on this subject.

Blessings,  Jerry.

Hi Jerry,

Isn't your source the Concordant Bible?
    If it is, don't they specialize in Greek rather than Hebrew?

I use the Strong's Concordance, which has proven to be pretty reliable.

God Bless
    Ed J

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account