Satan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 388 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (sanmiguel737 @ Mar. 30 2010,17:28)
    satan WAS FIRST CREATED AN ANGEL,BUT THEN,INIQUITY WAS FOUND IN HIM,WHEREFORE THE CHIEF PRINCE ST. MICHAEL DID CAST HIM OUT OF  THE KINGDOM OF GOD IN HEAVEN,AND NOW MUST CAST OUT OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH!DAN12:1.

Tell me something,

When earth is made as it is in heaven, will those perfected in Christ given immortal life, be able to sin?

True absurdity IMO is it for someone to preach that God's creatures once dwelling literally in His righteous abode can FALL from that position.

Scripture speaks of falling from heaven not in a literal sense. There exists nowhere in scripture of a literal fall from the sky/heaven or from God's abode/heaven.

Luke 10:15  And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades.  

The city of Capernaum was not literally exalted up into God's righteous abode neither did it sit in the clouds of heaven. The city was placed in a HIGH position being given power and authority, and therefore being brought down is represented as loosing that position.

Revelation 12:8 and they did not prevail, nor was their place found any more in the heaven;  9 and the great dragon was cast forth — the old serpent, who is called `Devil,' and `the Adversary,' who is leading astray the whole world — he was cast forth to the earth, and his messengers were cast forth with him.

The great dragon represents kings and their position of power, and they make their choices out of the lust of their own flesh, following after their own nature the nature of a created BEAST such as a serpent or dragon, instead of following after the nature of God. The dragons authority and powers are brought down.

If a messenger LITERALLY dwells in the presence of the Almighty God that would mean that, just like Jesus who was perfected FOREVER, they too have been made into a PERFECT creature NO LONGER being capable of SIN.

Anyone IMO who teaches that an individual can reach the position to be in the literal presence of God, and not find it good enough, or satisfying enough that they would turn from God and sin, brings DISGRACE to our Heavenly Father.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ED J………Then was Jesus lying when He called Peter SATAN?. Was Peter actually a SATAN? Or how about Judas was He actually a DEVIL or the Pharisees Were they Actually Childern of the Devil. If the Devil is a real Being how does these things fit . It can only fit if it is SPIRIT (intellect) Being talked about here.

I believe there is Only a SPIRIT (intellect) that is SATAN and can exist in anyone, no Being or Person of any type going around going in and out of people , only Spirit (intellects) effecting People and their lives and their relationship with GOD in their minds the Spirit (intellect) of an adversary to GOD and His WILL.

Lucifer means (morning star) which means the Light bringer , that is what our Morning Star does (the sun). The whole prophesy has to do with the Kingdom of Babylon, its king and its people, and they did dwell where ancient Eden existed. Today it is believed to be Baghdad where ancient Babylon existed. The Babylonian system still exists today in the governments of the world and GOD is going to destory it completely at some time in the near future. IMO

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2010,04:46)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 31 2010,00:23)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 30 2010,19:13)
    :p  how foolishness can be dragged out so far is beyond me :D.

Is there really a point of arguing with an unbeliever?

Georg

Hi Georg,

Why do you call Gene an unbeliever?

Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause
    shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall
    be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Ed J

edj

do you think Jesus called the pharisees his brethren??????

Hi Terraricca,

He quoted Psalm 82:6 to them…
    Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. (John 10:34)

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 31 2010,05:46)
    ED J………Then was Jesus lying when He called Peter SATAN?.

Who is the one 'lying' here?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 30 2010,15:55)
    ED J………My point is what do you call and entity?

Is it a (BEING) of some kind that goes around stalking people and jumping
            in and out of them taking control of them or what is HE or (IT) then.

peace and love……………gene

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Satan is not the one who lives in people but his satans are.They can be thrown out and can come back to abide in men as Jesus taught. Such a spirit entered Judas and another was in Peter when he wanted the things of men and they were in the sons of Zebedee and caused them to want to draw down fire from heaven against opposers.

His dominion of darkness is via his minions.

But the one Spirit of God unites the kingdom of light.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 31 2010,05:57)

Georg

Hi Georg,

Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause
    shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall
    be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Ed J

edj

Hi Terraricca,

Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. (John 10:34)

God bless
    Ed J

edj

thats what you would like but that is wrong and decieving,what you say ,look here;
    JN 5:39 “ You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
    JN 5:40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.
    JN 5:41 “ I do not receive glory from men;
    JN 5:42 but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves.
    JN 5:43 “I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
    JN 5:44 “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?
    JN 5:45 “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope.
    JN 5:46 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
    JN 5:47 “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

JN 8:31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “ If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
    JN 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

JN 8:44 “ You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies

well now what a difference between your view EDJ and Christ view

wich you think we should fallow????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Jesus quoted what scripture said about OTHER men, not the men he was talking to.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2010,10:10)

Georg

Hi Georg,

Ed J

edj

Hi Terraricca,

God bless
    Ed J

edj

thats what you would like but that is wrong and decieving,what you say ,look here;
    JN 5:39 “ You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
    JN 5:43 “I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
    JN 5:44 “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?
    JN 5:45 “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope.
    JN 5:46 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
    JN 5:47 “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

JN 8:31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “ If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;

JN 8:44 “ You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies

well now what a 'difference' between your view EDJ and Christ view

Hi Terraricca,

Your putting 'spin' on what I said…

Mt:16:6: Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven (doctrines) of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
    Try to keep your 'opinions' out of the way of the FACTS, Terraricca;OK?
    Answer: No difference!

God bless
    Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 31 2010,11:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2010,10:10)

Georg

Hi Georg,

Ed J

edj

Hi Terraricca,

God bless
    Ed J

edj

well now what a 'difference' between your view EDJ and Christ view

Hi Terraricca,

Your putting 'spin' on what I said…

Mt:16:6: Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven (doctrines) of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
    Try to keep your 'opinions' out of the way of the FACTS, Terraricca;OK?
    Answer: No difference!

God bless
    Ed J

edj

the only thing you add to say was NO to my question.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2010,08:45)
    Hi,
    Satan is not the one who lives in people but his satans are.They can be thrown out and can come back to abide in men as Jesus taught.  Such a spirit entered Judas and another was in Peter when he wanted the things of men and they were in the sons of Zebedee and caused them to want to draw down fire from heaven against opposers.

His dominion of darkness is via his minions.

But the one Spirit of God unites the kingdom of light.

Nick……….Jesus did not call Peter “a satan minion” that is your rendition of what Jesus said , But truth is the Spirit of SATAN was working in Peter and He was acting as a true SATAN. Satan is the SPIRIT (intellect) of an adversary. That can be in anyone who does not have the Spirit of GOD in them, because they do not comprehend the things of GOD. An Adversarial Spirit is not necessarily wrong (IF) it does not oppose the Will of GOD. In fact it can be beneficial. This Spirit (intellect) is one of the creations of GOD himself. This Spirit lies within the realm of cunning and wise and calculating, is referred to as a serpent. But we are also told to be wise as a serpent , but harmless as a dove. So you can see that Spirit of caution and craftiness is not altogether evil unless it is used to resist the Will and Words of GOD. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

HGb,
    All satans are called satan as the word means adversary.
    There are no intellects but rather evil spirits.

Using the words of scripture helps keep your words aligned to God's

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………So your false rendition of “EVIL SPIRITS” is a creature of some kind going around controlling people, But where does the control take place, is it not in the (MIND) which is (INTELLECT) of a person. You still do not understand what SPIRIT is NICK. Spirit is (NOT) a Being , it is what is (IN) a Being and that is what controls the way the BEING THINKS> No minions of any kind > Just Spirit (intellects) that is expressed through WORDS> God himself is Spirit and expresses Himself through (WORDS) the same as we do. Ther exists both Good and Evil Knowledge and this Knowledge exist in the MINDS of People, we are receptors and recieve these intellects or spirits into us, once we are born we begin to absorb these intellects or spirits from the environment we live in and they began to effect the way we think and we speak from the way we think. “For all thats in a man, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, the pride of life are (FROM) the WORLD.

Nick what you and other do is make thoughts into beings of some kind, when in fact not such beings exists , Satan is Just an Adversarial (INTELLECT)or SPIRIT, that is (IN) a Person not Separate being of any kind, the person HIMSELF IS THE SATAN, if that INTELLECT is operating in HIM. Jesus Spoke it properly when He Said PETER WAS A SATAN, at that time in his life, and so was Judas as well as the Pharisees also.

We are told to come out of those False teachings so we wont recieve of Her Pleagues. The teaching or Doctrine of Devils and Demons are all part of those false teaching by the Apostate Church. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 19 2010,04:11)
    To all……….If you take any concordance and look up the word SATAN , or DEVIL or DEMON you will find they all have the same meaning and the meaning is (ADVERSARY) ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE. It is Man who attaches the false understanding to those words Not GOD or Jesus. ANYONE CAN BE A SATAN AT ANY TIME OF THEIR LIVES. But men love ignorance and suspicions over the truth and that is the real problem , so all these false assumptions about spooks going around jumping in and out of People arises. The ONLY SATAN'S ON the earth is MAN, HE IS THE ADVERSARY OF GOD, He is the one sitting in high places of the earth , effecting it, BY the SPIRIT (intellect) IN HIM, not some invisible (BEING OR SPOOK) possessing some great power over our minds, but the Spirit (intellect) of disobedience working in the Childern of Disobedience. That is what the ADVERSARY  of GOD is.  Not A BEING OR FALLEN ANGLE, BUT A SPIRIT (INTELLECT)  THAT WORKS THROUGH  the minds of those who are against the truth of GOD. NOT A BEING IN COMPETITION WITH GOD, BUT AN (INTELLECT) OR SPIRIT.  IMO

Gene! I just have to say something to you. You quote what the Word Satan means. Yes, it is that, however who was the first to oppose God. Did He not want to go and become like God, and sit on His throne rather then God? He oppsosed God and that is an Adversary. Pride was His fault. Scriptures all show that He wanted to do so.
    If you deny that Satan fall from Heaven like lightning in
    Luke 10:18 You are calling Jesus a liar. Because it was Jesus who said that.
    And in Isaiah 14:3-20 Explains that it was Lucifer who was a bright Morningstar. God created all through Jesus and He knew Him. So you need to really make a good study on this and if you keep believing the way you do, I am not going to judge you, but that doctrine that you teach is so wrong.
    And while I have your attention look up
    Rev, 19:13. and vers 16 It has nothing to do with Satan but Jesus,
    Peace to you Irene

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 01 2010,10:15)

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 19 2010,04:11)
    To all……….If you take any concordance and look up the word SATAN , or DEVIL or DEMON you will find they all have the same meaning and the meaning is (ADVERSARY) ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE. It is Man who attaches the false understanding to those words Not GOD or Jesus. ANYONE CAN BE A SATAN AT ANY TIME OF THEIR LIVES. But men love ignorance and suspicions over the truth and that is the real problem , so all these false assumptions about spooks going around jumping in and out of People arises. The ONLY SATAN'S ON the earth is MAN, HE IS THE ADVERSARY OF GOD, He is the one sitting in high places of the earth , effecting it, BY the SPIRIT (intellect) IN HIM, not some invisible (BEING OR SPOOK) possessing some great power over our minds, but the Spirit (intellect) of disobedience working in the Childern of Disobedience. That is what the ADVERSARY  of GOD is.  Not A BEING OR FALLEN ANGLE, BUT A SPIRIT (INTELLECT)  THAT WORKS THROUGH  the minds of those who are against the truth of GOD. NOT A BEING IN COMPETITION WITH GOD, BUT AN (INTELLECT) OR SPIRIT.  IMO

Gene!  I just have to say something to you.  You quote what the Word Satan means.  Yes, it is that, however who was the first to oppose God.  Did He not want to go and become like God, and sit on His throne rather then God?  He oppsosed God and that is an Adversary.  Pride was His fault.  Scriptures all show that He wanted to do so.
    If you deny that Satan fall from Heaven like lightning in
    Luke 10:18 You are calling Jesus a liar.  Because it was Jesus who said that.
    And in Isaiah 14:3-20 Explains that it was Lucifer who was a bright Morningstar.  God created all through Jesus and He knew Him.  So you need to really make a good study on this and if you keep believing the way you do,  I am not going to judge you, but that doctrine that you teach is so wrong.
    And while I have your attention look up
    Rev, 19:13. and vers 16   It has nothing to do with Satan but Jesus,
    Peace to you Irene

And in Isaiah 14:3-20 Explains that it was Lucifer who was a bright Morningstar.

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches.
    I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 01 2010,08:47)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 01 2010,10:15)
    And in Isaiah 14:3-20 Explains that it was Lucifer who was a bright Morningstar.

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches.
    I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.

Hi Karmarie,

I have stated Mary's father's lineage goes back to Nathen(son of David).
    Jesus step dad's lineage (as well) goes back to (son of David). (Matt.1:6-16)
    These are the “Only” connections to “son of David”(regarding Jesus' lineage).

David's 'curse' was NOT passed down to Jesus through the 'son of david' lineage! (Rev.22:16)
    2Sam:12:10: Now therefore the sword (curse) shall never depart from thine house (Rev.22:16);
    because thou hast despised me, and hast taken(Free Will) the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
    Rev.22:16 I Jesus have sent mine [messenger](Ed J) to testify unto you these things in the churches.
    i am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star(Lucifer). (LUKE 20:41-44)
    'great i am'=74 is Lucifer=74(satan's=74 name and 'title')! (Nahum 1:14/Gal.2:20/Rev.13:1/Rev.18:3)

THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT FACTS WE ALL MUST NOT NEGLECT TELLING
    Jesus was “the Son of HolySpirit“(Son of God); NOT 'son of david'! (no 'spin')
    Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee(Ed J) shall prosper; and every
    tongue that shall rise against thee(Ed J) in judgment thou shall condemn. This is the heritage
    of the servants (Isaiah 44:26) of [YHVH], and their righteousness is of me, saith [“I The LORD GOD”=117].

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center], the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Hoist with your own petard -you are no divinely appointed messenger.
    Just another searcher with strong opinions.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2010,12:07)
    Hi ED,
    Hoist with your own petard -you are no divinely appointed messenger.
    Just another searcher with strong opinions.

Hi Nick,

John 20:21: Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Then keep your eye on the message.
    It is not all truth yet.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi all,
    The whole satan thing was one of the key things that made me question the whole biblical view. I mean, if satan was initially created by God, and God is all good, and evil did not exist before satan rebelled and was cast out of heaven – then where did satan even get the idea to rebel? Where did the evil thought come from? Did it come from God? If so, then God is both good and evil. Did satan invent it? If so then God created satan with all he is capable of so ultimately God created evil? Or, is there another God that has existed as long as the biblical God that influenced satan? In that case, then there is more than one God out there. Either way, the whole satan idea contradicts the basic premises of the bible, that there is only one God who is only good that created everything and is the most powerful force in the universe. Some part of this premise cannot be true if the satan story is true.

The whole idea of Christianity on Satan is bogus and misleading.
    Think over
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You do get your self confused when you think too much.
    Why not allow God to be God?
    You know so little.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account