Salvation and Christian Theology

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    It shows how limited is our appreciation of the ways of God and how unwise we are to question them.

Mandy
    Participant

Nick I know you don't like to “question” anything, but why keep judging those who feel free to wonder and ponder outloud?

Maybe it is your Catholic background that keeps you from straying too far from Mother Church and her guidance? You know, God really is big enough of a Father to answer the question, “Why?”. Trust Him. :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    So far such need for knowledge has led many on this site to insult God.

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

8It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2008,07:48)
    Hi mandy,

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

But Jesus endured insults, our God endures them as well and yet remains faithful.

I think questioning is only natural. Sure, we should not completely lean on our own understanding but I still think God is OK with questions. I would never tell me child not to question me! How else will he learn?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    One sin is unforgiveable.
    Abhor the attitudes of those who do not fear our God.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2008,14:48)
    Hi mandy,

Nick, you don't have to play among the heathen if you don't want to. There is a special section just for Christians here, you'd be much safer there. As long as we are abiding by the rules, I see little need for your short philosophical and dogmatic responses other than to give stronger creedence to the very things we bring forward.

kejonn
    Participant

Hi mandy,

Oh, and for the most part this is totally offbase. Most are not insulting God by pointing out the various problems with a human book wrote in the prehistoric viewpoint.

That would be like saying you personally hate an author just because you did not enoy the book. Or closer yet, saying you insult your wife by telling her the burnt casserole was not tasty. You still love her the same, do you not?

Mandy
    Participant

Nick,

I think Kevin is kicking you at of the sanbox. Telling you to take your ball and go home now! :laugh:

Seriously though, I think if you used less banter and more patience with Kevin you may both have a conversation that last longer than one-liner's are meant to.

Mandy
    Participant

Have a good day brother's!

I'm off to paint my bedroom now…..

Love you both,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 14 2008,08:03)

Hi mandy,

Oh, and for the most part this is totally offbase. Most are not insulting God by pointing out the various problems with a human book wrote in the prehistoric viewpoint.

That would be like saying you personally hate an author just because you did not enoy the book. Or closer yet, saying you insult your wife by telling her the burnt casserole was not tasty. You still love her the same, do you not?

Hi KJ,
    The book was not sent for our enjoyment but to offer us rescue from the wrath of God.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2008,15:11)

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 14 2008,08:03)

Hi mandy,

Hi KJ,
    The book was not sent for our enjoyment but to offer us rescue from the wrath of God.

You just proved my point. Mandy, take note: its about fear, just as I said.

Try a human relationship based on fear. They call it abuse. Why do you want to view God that way?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    Ps1
    1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Pr1
    1The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

2To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

3To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

4To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

5A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

6To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2008,15:16)
    Hi Kj,
    Ps1
    1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

The word of law here is “torah”. You do know that the Torah is, right? So do you delight in adhering to Torah Nick? If not, why quote this?

3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Pr1
    1The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

2To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

3To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

4To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

5A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

6To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

According to this, the ungody are those who do not obey Torah. Where do you fit in here Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    In Christ Torah is fulfilled.
    We do not have a righteousness of our own.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2008,15:23)
    Hi KJ,
    In Christ Torah is fulfilled.
    We do not have a righteousness of our own.

Mat 5:18 “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Did I miss heaven and earth passing away?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    The law exists in it's fullness.
    Of course it was never given to the gentiles.]
    They are dependant completely on the fulfillment by the Son of God.

kejonn
    Participant

Then why did he tell Nicodemus — a Jewish leader and keeper of the Law (Torah) that he must be “born again”? You are offering conflicting situations here Nick. It can't be one or the other.

Why do Christians witness to Jews if they are under the Law then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    The law exists.
    But having been fulfilled by Christ the standard has become unattainable perfection.
    That is why all are offered the door of Christ- to partake in his righeousness-salvation by grace

kejonn
    Participant

“Fulfilled” does not equal “abolished”.

kejonn
    Participant

Let me ask you Nick: why do you think God gave the Law if the Law could not be kept?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account