Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Laurel
    Romans 14:13 Judge not so you may not be judged
    I do keep the commandment, but spiritual according to the new Covenant that Jesus gave us. and that you do not understand.
    I am so sorry that you think you have to keep the Feasts. You have put yourself under the law and have fallen from Grace. You would do well to do a study on the Covenant.
    And yes we did keep the Feast, how would you know that we did not were you there? You take a lot for granted. What is that called? Why don't you read my Testimony, if you care to know.
    And I did not contradict myself either, you just don't know what I am talking about. I suppose you are without faults to, Ha. You say you never contradict yourself, you might be doing it and don't realize it.
    I have been a Christian a lot longer then you have, so I hope you would respect your elders. I have been accused on this Website by you for the last time, I will not answer you again. And no I am not angry! Don't get me wrong. I will not make that mistake again.
    I am at peace in Christ. I have put myself under His Covenant.
    “Auf Wiedersehn”
    Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

THE NEW COVENANT
    Luke 22:20 likewise he also took the cup after super saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.

Mark 12:30 “And you shall love the LORD your God with all of your Heart, with all of your soul, with all of your mind ,and with all of your strength. This is the first Commandment.

verse 31 ” And the second like it, is this,” You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

THERE IS NO OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THEN THESE.”

And then there is the sermon on the mount were Jesus magnified the Commandment and made them spiritual.

That is the Covenant that we go by. To overcome and run the good race. To put the mind that was in Jesus be in you also. We have Gods holy Spirit to be able to accomplish that, if we submit. We are His. The Father has given us to Him and He will not let anything snatch us out of His Hands. I have Gods Word on that, and I am happy to be called the Son of God.
    I have a Bell with what we are on Charity's rhymes which is very inspiring if you care to read it.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 28 2007,17:19)

Quote (Laurel @ Aug. 28 2007,16:34)
    Christmas and Easter are kept by most Christains. Why? Satan has used the family togetherness of tradition to cover up YHWH's reaf Feastivals, Satan has also done an excellent job swaying people from YHWH's set apart Sabbath. Satan knows if we break one we break them all, and we can not repent something that WE think is OK.

Laurel,

Can you show me in the Bible where celebrating Christmas and Easter are wrong?  Thanks.

Not3in1,

It seems that the “heathens” started the Christmas tree. The xmas tree started as an Idol then like all other pagan days and things was tied in Christianity.

Today people say they don't “worship” the tree. Then why is it your home? Why do you decorate it as a idol? Why do you put presents underneath the “tree”.

Jer 10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Jer 10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Just pointing scripture out Sis.

In His Peace and Love

Ken :)

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 30 2007,03:47)
    Lev 23:42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

Lev 23:43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Lev 23:44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

Why didn't God write these laws? Why did God give these laws to Moses to write? Why did Moses put the Law God wrote INSIDE the ark and the law he (Moses) wrote ON THE SIDE of the ark?

Please explain what is the purpose of staying in a booth for seven days. Explain these things and may be I will SEE. But What I do see is that these laws have been fulfilled by Christ. I SEE a separation of the Law the Ten that have never been fulfilled and done away with and the law that was placed OUTSIDE the ARK showing that is was to be fulfilled.

None of the Ten Commandments will be done away with or fulfilled. Will it ever be OK to murder? Paul speaks of a law that was fulfilled and nailed to the cross WHICH law was it?
    The law of God? OR The law of Moses?

Ken, I don't find your theory of laws placed in the ark are to remain forever and the laws not placed in the ark are the ones that have been fulfilled, neither convincing or scriptural.

Nowhere in the bible does it say that the laws God wrote with His own fingers are to remain forever, while the ones Moses wrote are fulfilled.

First off, Exodus 34:27 tells us that the commandments placed in the ark Moses wrote. The first tablets that God wrote on were broken, and this scripture given tells us that Moses was the one to rewrite the Ten Commandments.

Secondly, all laws and decrees which God gave to the Israelites from Exodus to Deuteronomy came from God.

Lets get one thing strait the bible is CLEAR that the laws of Moses ARE GOD”S LAWS. The laws of God are called Moses’s laws because they were given to Moses by God, NOT because Moses made them himself.

Why were the Ten Commandments placed in the ark and other commandments weren’t? Whatever the reason, we are not ever told that it is because they will remain forever and ones not in the ark will be fulfilled (done away with). That is mere speculation on your part Ken.

Jesus fulfilling the law means that he, like no other man, fully obeyed the law and remained sinless. When Jesus died he had not broken a single law, and thus he fulfilled (kept completely) God's requirements in order to recieve eternal life. Jesus fulfilling the law does not mean that Jesus destroyed the requirements of certain laws. What it means to us is that instead of being given eternal life only if we obey every law perfectly, we can be given eternal life through being of same mind as Jesus, which is having the mind of the Spirit and not of the flesh.

Mt 5:17 – “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.

Romans 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

How are we told that we fill the just requirement of the law? We are to live by the Spirit and not by our flesh. It should be clear that living according to the Spirit is fulfilled through loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and loving your neighbor as yourself.

Luke 10:25 Just then a lawyer stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he said, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What do you read there?” 27 He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have given the right answer; do this, and you will live.”

Ro 13:8 – Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brothers and sisters; only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for self-indulgence, but through love become slaves to one another. 14 For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If, however, you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another. 16 Live by the Spirit, I say, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For what the flesh desires is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit desires is opposed to the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, to prevent you from doing what you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, dissensions, factions, 21 envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these. I am warning you, as I warned you before: those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, competing against one another, envying one another.

James 2:8 You do well if you really fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”[/b[

I believe that there is a new ministry in Christ, where when it says in the NT to keep the commandments this is referring to the Two Great Commandments given to us by Jesus, which we keep through our spirit and not our flesh. With this better covenant we are given freedom. We are justified by God through what He sees in our hearts and minds. While certain laws of the Old Testament go hand in hand with the Two Great Commandments, others do not and we are freed from keeping them, actually as Gentiles we were never bound to them in the first place. We are not required to keep such things as food laws, feasts, and sabbaths.

Hebrews 8:6 But Jesus has now obtained a more excellent ministry, and to that degree he is the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted through better promises.

2Co 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thank
    s to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

I do not see a separation made between the Ten Commandments and the rest of the OT laws in the NT, where one remains and the other one is fulfilled (no longer required). I believe the NT is clear about what laws we are to keep and what laws are not necessary. The Two Great Commandments are what is required for us to keep. These laws are kept when we walk in the Spirit of God and deny our weak flesh. Walking in the Spirit and bearing its fruit means giving love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Nowhere do I see a requirement for walking according to the Spirit means you rest on Saturday after six days of work.
    However, if resting from your work sundown to sundown from Friday to Saturday helps YOU walk in the spirit then by all means do so. We all have different lives, different schedules, and different struggles. What works for one man to deny weak flesh and walk according to the Spirit does not work for another, this is why we are not to judge and bound people to OT laws making them slaves.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your concern, however I've read these passages before and there is not a clear understanding given that this is referring to Christmas trees. The passage goes on to talk about idols being “carved” out of these trees and we know that idols were adorned with all kinds of gold and silver. To some degree, I see that this passage has been adapted by those who fear the Christmas celebration is pagen and belonging to only the anti-Christ. Again, we can “see” anything in scripture that we want to – we can read-into a lot of things if we wish. We have many different doctrines out there that have done just this. Which one is true? Well, it's hard to discern because everyone is using “scripture” to say it's true. However we know that a lot of interpretations have gone into these teachings. And those interpretations are man-made.

God told Peter that what once was un-clean was now made good. That Peter was free to even eat meat sacrificed to idols! However, if his concience wasn't clear, or if he was eating it in front of a weaker brother, then it was sin. This tells me that we are free in Christ. If I celebrate a holiday that is known to be pagen (i.e., eating meat sacrificed to an idol), but I am thanking the LORD for the holiday (i.e., an idol is nothing at all, for us there is only One God), then I am not sinning. For me, it is not sin to celebrate; for me it is not sin to bring a tree into my home and enjoy the evergreen smells and sites; for me it is not sin to give good gifts to my children and remember that God gave us the greatest gift of all. I am free. The holiday may be considered pagen, but I am not a pagen. I am a free daughter of the Most High.

I also have God's precious holy spirit to guide me, and I have been warned against those who would try to put me in bondage by obeying what the world see as pagen (i.e., sacrificed to an idol). I will not abuse my freedom in Christ, but I am free – to the extent that I am not sinning for considering one day holier than the next. I am not sinning for enjoying something that has been sacrificed to an idol. This means nothing to me. It's all about Christ and nothing else *including the pagens*. :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Aug. 31 2007,08:17)
    Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Yahoo!

I believe Christmas falls under this umbrella (“religious festival”).

:D

kenrch
    Participant

Lev 23:42  Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

Lev 23:43  That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Lev 23:44  And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

Why didn't God write these laws?  Why did God give these laws to Moses to write?  Why did Moses put the Law God wrote INSIDE the ark and the law he (Moses) wrote ON THE SIDE of the ark?

Please explain what is the purpose of staying in a booth for seven days.  Explain these things and may be I will SEE.  But What I do see is that these laws have been fulfilled by Christ. I SEE a separation of the Law the Ten that have never been fulfilled and done away with and the law that was placed OUTSIDE the ARK showing that is was to be fulfilled.

None of the Ten Commandments will be done away with or fulfilled.  Will it ever be OK to murder?  Paul speaks of a law that was fulfilled and nailed to the cross WHICH law was it?

Ken, I don't find your theory of laws placed in the ark are to remain forever and the laws not placed in the ark are the ones that have been fulfilled, neither convincing or scriptural.

Nowhere in the bible does it say that the laws God wrote with His own fingers are to remain forever, while the ones Moses wrote are fulfilled.

First off, Exodus 34:27 tells us that the commandments placed in the ark Moses wrote. The first tablets that God wrote on were broken, and this scripture given tells us that Moses was the one to rewrite the Ten Commandments.

Secondly, all laws and decrees which God gave to the Israelites from Exodus to Deuteronomy came from God.  

Lets get one thing strait the bible is CLEAR that the laws of Moses ARE GOD”S LAWS. The laws of God are called Moses’s laws because they were given to Moses by God, NOT because Moses made them himself.

Why were the Ten Commandments placed in the ark and other commandments weren’t? Whatever the reason, we are not ever told that it is because they will remain forever and ones not in the ark will be fulfilled (done away with). That is mere speculation on your part Ken.

Jesus fulfilling the law means that he, like no other man, fully obeyed the law and remained sinless.  When Jesus died he had not broken a single law, and thus he fulfilled (kept completely) God's requirements in order to recieve eternal life. Jesus fulfilling the law does not mean that Jesus destroyed the requirements of certain laws. What it means to us is that instead of being given eternal life only if we obey every law perfectly, we can be given eternal life through being of same mind as Jesus, which is having the mind of the Spirit and not of the flesh.  

Mt 5:17 – “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.

Romans 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

How are we told that we fill the just requirement of the law? We are to live by the Spirit and not by our flesh. It should be clear that living according to the Spirit is fulfilled through loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and loving your neighbor as yourself.

Luke 10:25 Just then a lawyer stood up to test Jesus.  “Teacher,” he said, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What do you read there?” 27 He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have given the right answer; do this, and you will live.”

Ro 13:8 – Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brothers and sisters; only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for self-indulgence, but through love become slaves to one another. 14 For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If, however, you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another. 16 Live by the Spirit, I say, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For what the flesh desires is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit desires is opposed to the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, to prevent you from doing what you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, dissensions, factions, 21 envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these. I am warning you, as I warned you before: those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, competing against one another, envying one another.

James 2:8 You do well if you really fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”[/b[

I believe that there is a new ministry in Christ, where when it says in the NT to keep the commandments this is referring to the Two Great Commandments given to us by Jesus, which we keep through our spirit and not our flesh. With this better covenant we are given freedom. We are justified by God through what He sees in our hearts and minds. While certain laws of the Old Testament go hand in hand with the Two Great Commandments, others do not and we are freed from keeping them, actually as Gentiles we were never bound to them in the first place. We are not required to keep such things as food laws, feasts, and sabbaths.

Hebrews 8:6 But Jesus has now obtained a more excellent ministry, and to that degree he is the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted through better promises.

2Co 3:3  And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man considers one day m
    ore sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

I do not see a separation made between the Ten Commandments and the rest of the OT laws in the NT, where one remains and the other one is fulfilled (no longer required). I believe the NT is clear about what laws we are to keep and what laws are not necessary. The Two Great Commandments are what is required for us to keep. These laws are kept when we walk in the Spirit of God and deny our weak flesh.  Walking in the Spirit and bearing its fruit means giving love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Nowhere do I see a requirement for walking according to the Spirit means you rest on Saturday after six days of work.
    However, if resting from your work sundown to sundown from Friday to Saturday helps YOU walk in the spirit then by all means do so. We all have different lives, different schedules, and different struggles. What works for one man to deny weak flesh and walk according to the Spirit does not work for another, this is why we are not to judge and bound people to OT laws making them slaves.

Of course all the law was from God but God did not write all of the law.

He wrote the Ten Commandments twice.

Deu 10:1 At that time the LORD said to me, “Cut two more stone tablets like the first ones, and come up to me on the mountain. Also make an ark out of wood.
    Deu 10:2 I will write on the tablets the same words that were on the first tablets, which you smashed. Then you will put them in the ark.”
    Deu 10:3 I made an ark out of acacia wood. I cut two more stone tablets like the first ones. I carried the two tablets up the mountain.
    Deu 10:4 The LORD wrote on these tablets the same words as before, the ten commandments. He had spoken these words to you from the fire on the mountain on the day of the assembly. Then the LORD gave them to me.

Verse 2 states that God would write the same words as he did on the first tables.

Verse 4 states that God wrote the SAME words as before “the Ten Commandments”.

Deu 10:5 I came back down the mountain and put the tablets in the ark I had made. They are still there, where the LORD commanded me to put them.

Verse 5 states that Moses put the “ten Commandments that God wrote AGAIN “in” the Ark.

This is what these scriptures say to me.

What do they say to you?

Exo 34:27 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write down these words, because on the basis of these words I'm making a promise to Israel and to you.”

The above scripture describes Moses writing a Promise. What was the Promise? Was the Promise the Ten Commandments?

Exo 34:28 Moses was there with the LORD 40 days and 40 nights without food or water. He wrote on the tablets the words of the promise, the ten commandments.

The above scripture describes Moses being WITH GOD while God wrote the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

Either that OR scripture is contradicting itself according to Deu. 10:1-5 which says God wrote the Ten Commandments which Moses placed INSIDE THE ARK.

And again the law Moses wrote (Deu. 31:9) were placed on the side of the ark NOT inside the ark, Deu. 31:26. Notice also Moses' law (the law that God gave him to write) was to be a witness against us.

The law that Moses wrote were the sacrificial laws that were ADDED because of transgression of the Ten Commandments until the seed would come.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

Notice that the ordinances in Col. were also against us just as the law Moses wrote placed outside the ark was a “witness against us”.

These Ordinances nailed to the cross were NOT the Ten Commandment law that God wrote and were placed Inside the ark.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

There is NO mention in the Ten Commandments of food, drink, moons, holy days, and ANNUAL Sabbath DayS.

The Ten Commandments of God are His MORAL Law. There is nothing sacrificial of ritual about them.

Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

There you have it.
    1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

If we love the Lord our God with everything we are then we will as it says in 1John 5:3 “keep His Commandments” The first four commandments show what pleases God.

If we love our neighbour as ourselves then as it says in 1John 5:3 “We keep His Commandments” The last six commandments shows how to treat your neighbour.

My at some point we are to use the Spirit.

You don't think that the Ten Commandments of God will remain? When will it be alright to murder?

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Are the commandments of God here the whole law or the Law God wrote? If it were the sacrificial law that Moses wrote then what is the Testimony of Jesus?

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Same here. Did Jesus fulfill the sacrificial laws of Moses?

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
    Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
    Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Here Paul explains:

1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Paul was not without the law of God but under the law of Christ. What is the law of Christ? Is it not that HE was the promise as mentioned in Gal 3:19.

Where in the Ten commandments does it mention the Messiah?

Until someone shows that we are to keep Moses' law and then show WHAT law was nailed to the cross then this is the TRUTH for me.

Peace in His Name,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 31 2007,08:22)

Yahoo!

I'm just wondering where is Dec. 25th mentioned as a holy day or a festival or a Sabbath or anything bibical at all? :p :)

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 31 2007,11:32)

Yahoo!

I'm just wondering where is Dec. 25th mentioned as a holy day or a festival or a Sabbath or anything bibical at all?  :p  :)

Ken

It's not mentioned. Niether are the other “religious festivals” that the verse probably embraces; that's the point really, that there were probably lots of festivals and celebrations. No one should be judged for participating in them. This is just my take on this. Oh, and 12/25 – it's just a date – the celebration is really not about “the date” it's about the greatest gift ever given! I wouldn't care if I celebrated the birth and gift of Jesus in the middle of the summer – I just like celebrating it to show gratefulness to God. :)

I tend to think that someone decided that winter “holidays” were a good idea to keep us all from falling into winter depression. Ha! It's something to look forward to; it's something that brings families/friends/whole communities and the world together! Maybe winter was chosen because Christmas lights look so pretty against the snow? I don't know, but it doesn't really mean anything to me. It's all about Christ and nothing else (the tree/gifts/lights are all part of the “festival” but the meaning of the festival is Christ.).

I don't mean to offend you by my freedom in Christ. And if you were to come visit me in WA State during the Christmas holiday……..I would accomodate your feelings above my own. This is true freedom, and brotherly love.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 31 2007,13:28)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 31 2007,11:32)

Yahoo!

I'm just wondering where is Dec. 25th mentioned as a holy day or a festival or a Sabbath or anything bibical at all?  :p  :)

Ken

It's not mentioned.  Niether are the other “religious festivals” that the verse probably embraces; that's the point really, that there were probably lots of festivals and celebrations.  No one should be judged for participating in them.  This is just my take on this.  Oh, and 12/25 – it's just a date – the celebration is really not about “the date” it's about the greatest gift ever given!  I wouldn't care if I celebrated the birth and gift of Jesus in the middle of the summer – I just like celebrating it to show gratefulness to God.  :)

I tend to think that someone decided that winter “holidays” were a good idea to keep us all from falling into winter depression.  Ha!  It's something to look forward to; it's something that brings families/friends/whole communities and the world together!  Maybe winter was chosen because Christmas lights look so pretty against the snow?  I don't know, but it doesn't really mean anything to me.  It's all about Christ and nothing else (the tree/gifts/lights are all part of the “festival” but the meaning of the festival is Christ.).

I don't mean to offend you by my freedom in Christ.  And if you were to come visit me in WA State during the Christmas holiday……..I would accomodate your feelings above my own.  This is true freedom, and brotherly love.

Mandy dear you are not offending me I'm just asking questions because I don't understand why someone would wnat to keep a pagan day……Christian. A day that the World, athiest, and all drunks keep. I'll bet Stu keeps Christmas. BTW I “think” heathens who were worshipping a sun god on his birthday (Dec. 25th) was made christian by Constantine in order to unite his kingdom.

But now I don't understand your interpretation of verse 16?

I thought verse 16 keeping in context with verse 14 was saying not to let anyone judge you for NOT keeping holy days, moons, feasts, and annual sabbaths etc.

If the scripture is saying that we should keep the holy days, moons, food, drink etc. NO MATTER what people judge then we should keep the annual sabbaths and Moses' law.

So which do you think it is?

Just wondering?

Ken :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 31 2007,15:49)
    Mandy dear you are not offending me I'm just asking questions because I don't understand why someone would wnat to keep a pagan day……Christian. A day that the World, athiest, and all drunks keep. I'll bet Stu keeps Christmas. BTW I “think” heathens who were worshipping a sun god on his birthday (Dec. 25th) was made christian by Constantine in order to unite his kingdom.

Well, the pagens may have made the Day (Christmas), I don't know for sure, but I am celebrating the Day with joy and gladness. I am not seeing the pagen intentions, nor is my heart leaning in any way towards those intentions; I just see Christ. I believe that is what the passage in Col. is saying; don't let anyone give you a hard time about keeping certain festivals and Sabbaths – none of the “ceremony” means anything! It's all about Christ.

Hey, by the way, I like Stu. I sort of think he used to be a sold out Christian and got burned somewhere along the line; or perhaps gave way to fear and the enemy got in and stole the seed that was planted in him? I don't know, but at any rate, he is here…….and I believe the love of God can flow through us to him.

See, as far as the date goes – I don't care when it (Christmas) is. It doesn't matter to me, it's part of the ceremony that doesn't mean anything at all. The only thing that matters is Christ, and our hearts towards the greatest gift and sacrifice every given! That's just my take on this bro.
    :)

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All;
    I thought I would give this some thought and maybe you too could explain this more so as to keeping the old covenants. Because of the confusion between the sabbath and what was done away with and what wasn't, Some are keeping both days in order to be correct with Jehoviah. Saturday and Sunday.

31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    [34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
    [35] Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
    [36] If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
    [37] Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
    [38] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.
    [39] And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.
    [40] And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever……………..
    ???

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 31 2007,16:46)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 31 2007,15:49)
    Mandy dear you are not offending me I'm just asking questions because I don't understand why someone would wnat to keep a pagan day……Christian.  A day that the World, athiest, and all drunks keep.  I'll bet Stu keeps Christmas.  BTW I “think” heathens who were worshipping a sun god on his birthday (Dec. 25th) was made christian by Constantine in order to unite his kingdom.

Well, the pagens may have made the Day (Christmas), I don't know for sure, but I am celebrating the Day with joy and gladness.  I am not seeing the pagen intentions, nor is my heart leaning in any way towards those intentions; I just see Christ.  I believe that is what the passage in Col. is saying; don't let anyone give you a hard time about keeping certain festivals and Sabbaths – none of the “ceremony” means anything!  It's all about Christ.

Hey, by the way, I like Stu.  I sort of think he used to be a sold out Christian and got burned somewhere along the line; or perhaps gave way to fear and the enemy got in and stole the seed that was planted in him?  I don't know, but at any rate, he is here…….and I believe the love of God can flow through us to him.

See, as far as the date goes – I don't care when it (Christmas) is.  It doesn't matter to me, it's part of the ceremony that doesn't mean anything at all.  The only thing that matters is Christ, and our hearts towards the greatest gift and sacrifice every given!  That's just my take on this bro.
    :)

Hi!, It's me :) ,

So you are saying “spiritually” you keep His birthday not the day itself. You are following the Spirit by keeping Dec 25.

I don't understand why their is a split of the same Spirit? Something doesn't click.

I don't know Stu I only know that he attacks God. Their are some I believe born TARES. Is Stu one? I don't know I can only go by his fruit and his fruit seems to be rotten. “You will KNOW them by their fruit”.

You say that Col. 2:16 is saying not to judge those who want to keep a Festival. Wow! Then you will be keeping God's holy days or does that just apply to Dec.25th?

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
    Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Handwriting against us.
    Principalities and powers, triumphing over them
    Therefore let no man judge in holy days… but not pagan days?

Sorry Sis I just can't see it your way. If you can make “anyday” His birthday then I suppose you could make “anyday” His Sabbath day. If you can break the forth commandment then why not the other nine also?

So we disagree OR agree to disagree, all that is nice but the fact is someone is wrong. I'm not judging you Mandy I'm disagreeing with your belief as you have NO scripture for the worldly pagan holiday. No scripture says NOT to keep Dec 25th. Well I don't know about that but the facts says Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th and the facts say that pagans celebrated a false god on that day. Then we have the world that celebrate it and if it were a holy day would certainly be blaspheming God just by the way they keep it. The fact is their are more suicides on Dec 25th then at anytime of the year, more automobile crashes resulting in deaths because of the partying on “Christ's Birthday”. I'm sure He's pleased :(.

See here's the thing your spirit see's nothing wrong with all this while my spirit dose.

2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

While people say they are honoring Christ on this day. While they stand before a tree decked out and open their presents that are under the tree, and take their last drink for the road, hoping not to get stopped by a Cop who has probably had a few also. I can't see how that is honoring Christ!

Well some do honor Christ! But the fact is most do not. It's just an excuse to party in the name of Jesus. :(

But you are among the few that dose. But scripture says not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. But they believe. Do they? “You will know them by their fruit”. A Christian walk is full of choices and the fact that Satan appears as an angel of light doesn't help, 2Cor.11:14.

I'm sorry that I strongly disagree with your belief that you are free to keep a worldly day and that God will honor that.

In His Peace,

Ken :(

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Sep. 01 2007,01:03)
    Hi All;
    I thought I would give this some thought and maybe you too could explain this more so as to keeping the old covenants. Because of the confusion between the sabbath and what was done away with and what wasn't, Some are keeping both days in order to be correct with Jehoviah. Saturday and Sunday.

31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    [34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
    [35] Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
    [36] If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
    [37] Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
    [38] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.
    [39] And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.
    [40] And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever……………..
    ???

Hi Happyman,

Thank Christ that we are under a NEW Covenant! No animal sacrifices.

But does the New covenant give us the right to break any of the Ten Commandments?

Scriptures say NO!
    Scriptures say if we love God we keep His commandments.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

The saints of the New testament will keep the commandments.

Rev 12:17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.
    Rev 14:12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

Indeed those who enter into life DO His Commandments.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Does the scriptures say we can pick and choose which Commandments we want to keep?

So yes we are under a New Covenant. We have forgiveness when we break a commandment if we repent.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Is grace a licence to break the commandments?

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Peace and God Bless,

Ken

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1…..Mandy, christmas started along time ago way before Jesus was born. There was a queen named Simiramus who was married to Nimrod and she had a illegitimate son through incest and named him Tamazu and the infient died, and she had a dream on the Solace of winter Dec 25 that He came back to life in the form of a green bay tree (pine tree) and she commanded all the people to go every year on Dec 25th and get a green bay tree and bring it into their homes and decorate it with silver and gold trinkets in honor of her illegitimate son Tamazu and even the Egyptian priests carried arounf a symbol that looked like a cross with a loop on top which repersentes the (T) for Tamazu. And we are told not to learn the way of the heathens.
    I know what you are going through, years ago when i stoped celerbrating christmas i felt so sorry for my childern, in fact i went to a store the day after christmas and bought a whole pickup truck load of toys for may childern, so they wouldn't feel left out. I still don't celerbrate christmas but i go to my childerns Home and give them things. There are things that are good about it, that is the birth of Jesus even though i know it wasn't on that day, it proberly was around Sep-Oct time of the year.aroung the Feast of Tabernacles. This year it starts Sept 27th. I don't condem you, i feel you pain sister….gene

kenrch
    Participant

Hummm mmmm ???

IM4Truth
    Participant

Hi Mandy This is really a rough one. I know that you are filled with so much Love and want to share on the Day when the world, to some degree, shows love to some unfortunate children and give them all kinds of material Food etc. I really had a bad time with this too. But it is a fact that Christ first of all was not born on Dec. 25 and Nimrod was born on that day and it was celebrated on that day. It was Constantine that changed all of those days from Gods Holy Days into the Pagan Holidays, and that includes Christmas and Easter. I love you very much and I know how hard it was for our Family, but what does Jesus say :” If you love your Mother, your children etc, more then Me(and remember when Christ is talking it is from the Father) you are not worthy of Me.
    Every time Christmas comes around I cant wait til it is over with for another year. We have not had a X-mas Tree or any kind of Decoration in our House since 1985. Did our Family like it. No, of course not. Was it hard for me; you better believe it, and it still is. Just like in your Family , it was always a big celebration with our Family. They all still celebrate it. But Mandy what does God tell us to do:” Come out of Her My People.” I am so sad right now. I wish I could take you under my wing and protect you from all of this, I am getting all joked up, that I have to say this to you. But I believe this to be the truth. Even your Britannia Encyclopedia explains about it. It is all Documented.
    I hated to write this to you, but the Holy Spirit is somehow influencing me to do so. And here comes my tears.
    In Christian Love Mrs.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 31 2007,10:04)

Lev 23:42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:

Lev 23:43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Lev 23:44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

Why didn't God write these laws? Why did God give these laws to Moses to write? Why did Moses put the Law God wrote INSIDE the ark and the law he (Moses) wrote ON THE SIDE of the ark?

Please explain what is the purpose of staying in a booth for seven days. Explain these things and may be I will SEE. But What I do see is that these laws have been fulfilled by Christ. I SEE a separation of the Law the Ten that have never been fulfilled and done away with and the law that was placed OUTSIDE the ARK showing that is was to be fulfilled.

None of the Ten Commandments will be done away with or fulfilled. Will it ever be OK to murder? Paul speaks of a law that was fulfilled and nailed to the cross WHICH law was it?

Jesus fulfilling the law means that he, like no other man, fully obeyed the law and remained sinless. When Jesus died he had not broken a single law, and thus he fulfilled (kept completely) God's requirements in order to recieve eternal life. Jesus fulfilling the law does not mean that Jesus destroyed the requirements of certain laws. What it means to us is that instead of being given eternal life only if we obey every law perfectly, we can be given eternal life through being of same mind as Jesus, which is having the mind of the Spirit and not of the flesh.

Luke 10:25 Just then a lawyer stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he said, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What do you read there?” 27 He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have given the right answer; do this, and you will live.”

2Co 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Chris
    t.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

I do not see a separation made between the Ten Commandments and the rest of the OT laws in the NT, where one remains and the other one is fulfilled (no longer required). I believe the NT is clear about what laws we are to keep and what laws are not necessary. The Two Great Commandments are what is required for us to keep. These laws are kept when we walk in the Spirit of God and deny our weak flesh. Walking in the Spirit and bearing its fruit means giving love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Of course all the law was from God but God did not write all of the law.

He wrote the Ten Commandments twice.

Deu 10:1 At that time the LORD said to me, “Cut two more stone tablets like the first ones, and come up to me on the mountain. Also make an ark out of wood.
    Deu 10:2 I will write on the tablets the same words that were on the first tablets, which you smashed. Then you will put them in the ark.”
    Deu 10:3 I made an ark out of acacia wood. I cut two more stone tablets like the first ones. I carried the two tablets up the mountain.
    Deu 10:4 The LORD wrote on these tablets the same words as before, the ten commandments. He had spoken these words to you from the fire on the mountain on the day of the assembly. Then the LORD gave them to me.

Verse 2 states that God would write the same words as he did on the first tables.

Verse 4 states that God wrote the SAME words as before “the Ten Commandments”.

Deu 10:5 I came back down the mountain and put the tablets in the ark I had made. They are still there, where the LORD commanded me to put them.

Verse 5 states that Moses put the “ten Commandments that God wrote AGAIN “in” the Ark.

This is what these scriptures say to me.

What do they say to you?

Exo 34:27 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write down these words, because on the basis of these words I'm making a promise to Israel and to you.”

The above scripture describes Moses writing a Promise. What was the Promise? Was the Promise the Ten Commandments?

Exo 34:28 Moses was there with the LORD 40 days and 40 nights without food or water. He wrote on the tablets the words of the promise, the ten commandments.

The above scripture describes Moses being WITH GOD while God wrote the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

Either that OR scripture is contradicting itself according to Deu. 10:1-5 which says God wrote the Ten Commandments which Moses placed INSIDE THE ARK.

And again the law Moses wrote (Deu. 31:9) were placed on the side of the ark NOT inside the ark, Deu. 31:26. Notice also Moses' law (the law that God gave him to write) was to be a witness against us.

The law that Moses wrote were the sacrificial laws that were ADDED because of transgression of the Ten Commandments until the seed would come.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

Notice that the ordinances in Col. were also against us just as the law Moses wrote placed outside the ark was a “witness against us”.

These Ordinances nailed to the cross were NOT the Ten Commandment law that God wrote and were placed Inside the ark.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

There is NO mention in the Ten Commandments of food, drink, moons, holy days, and ANNUAL Sabbath DayS.

The Ten Commandments of God are His MORAL Law. There is nothing sacrificial of ritual about them.

Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

There you have it.
    1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

If we love the Lord our God with everything we are then we will as it says in 1John 5:3 “keep His Commandments” The first four commandments show what pleases God.

If we love our neighbour as ourselves then as it says in 1John 5:3 “We keep His Commandments” The last six commandments shows how to treat your neighbour.

My at some point we are to use the Spirit.

You don't think that the Ten Commandments of God will remain? When will it be alright to murder?

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Are the commandments of God here the whole law or the Law God wrote? If it were the sacrificial law that Moses wrote then what is the Testimony of Jesus?

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Same here. Did Jesus fulfill the sacrificial laws of Moses?

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
    Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
    Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Here Paul explains:

1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Paul was not without the law of God but under the law of Christ. What is the law of Christ? Is it not that HE was the promise as mentioned in Gal 3:19.

Where in the Ten commandments does it mention the Messiah?

Until someone shows that we are to keep Moses' law and then show WHAT law was nailed to the cross then this is the TRUTH for me.

Peace in His Name,

Ken

My bad, your right Ken, God wrote
    both of the Ten Commandments, I was reading it wrong and obviously there would be a contradiction. Who actually wrote the law with their fingers has no barring however in my understanding of what laws we are still to obey and what laws we are not, according to the NT.

Like I said before, I see no proof of your belief that Commandments placed inside the ark are forever and ones placed outside are done away with.

I think one reason why I am confused with what you are saying is because many of the laws written in the Book are not just sacrificial laws.

From Deut 6 onward we get an abundance of all sorts of laws, many of which repeat or stress further Ten Commandment laws, as well as, STRESS the Royal Law given in the NT.

When you get to Deut 31:26 the WITNESS is a song for God unto the Israelites for THEIR transgression that would soon take place after Moses' death.

Deut 31:16 And the Lord said to Moses: “You are going to rest with your fathers, and these people will soon prostitute themselves to the foreign gods of the land they are entering. They will forsake me and break the covenant I made with them. 17 On that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them, and they will be destroyed. Many disasters and difficulties will come upon them, and on that day they will ask, 'Have not these disasters come upon us because our God is not with us?' 18 And I will certainly hide my face on that day because of all their wickedness in turning to other gods. 19 “Now write down for yourselves this song and teach it to the Israelites and have them sing it, so that it may be a witness for me against them.

20 For when I have brought them into the land flowing with milk and honey, which I promised on oath to their ancestors, and they have eaten their fill and grown fat, they will turn to other gods and serve them, despising me and breaking my covenant. 21 And when many terrible troubles come upon them, this song will confront them as a witness, because it will not be lost from the mouths of their descendants. For I know what they are inclined to do even now, before I have brought them into the land that I promised them on oath.”

26 “Take this book of the law and put it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God; let it remain there as a witness against you. 27 For I know well how rebellious and stubborn you are. If you already have been so rebellious toward the Lord while I am still alive among you, how much more after my death!

Deut 32:44 Moses came and recited all the words of this song in the hearing of the people, he and Joshua son of Nun. 45 When Moses had finished reciting all these words to all Israel, 46 he said to them: “Take to heart all the words that I am giving in witness against you today; give them as a command to your children, so that they may diligently observe all the words of this law.

Ken you said, explaining Deut 31:26 that, “Moses' law (the law that God gave him to write) was to be a witness against us.

Reading the scritpures I just gave your statement is not true. The Song of Moses was to be a witness for God when the Israelites would sin.

This statement you made is also confusing to me, “The law that Moses wrote were the sacrificial laws that were ADDED because of transgression of the Ten Commandments until the seed would come.”

Deut 6:5You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.

Deut 6:14 Do not follow other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who are all around you

Deut 14:1You must not lacerate yourselves or shave your forelocks for the dead.

Deut 14: 10 And whatever does not have fins and scales you shall not eat; it is unclean for you.

Deut 15:7 If there is among you anyone in need, a member of your community in any of your towns within the land that the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hard-hearted or tight-fisted toward your needy neighbor. 8 You should rather open your hand, willingly lending enough to meet the need, whatever it may be.

Deut 16: 9 You shall count seven weeks; begin to count the seven weeks from the time the sickle is first put to the standing grain. 10 Then you shall keep the festival of weeks to the Lord your God, contributing a freewill offering in proportion to the blessing that you have received from the Lord your God.

Deut 16: 9 You must not distort justice; you must not show partiality; and you must not accept bribes, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of those who are in the right.

Deut 22:1 You shall not watch your neighbor's ox or sheep straying away and ignore them; you shall take them back to their owner. 2 If the owner does not reside near you or you do not know who the owner is, you shall bring it to your own house, and it shall remain with you until the owner claims it; then you shall return it.

Deut 22:55 A woman shall not wear a man's apparel, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whoever does such things is abhorrent to the Lord your God.

I fail to see how any of these various laws have anything to do with being given because the Israelites were breaking the Ten Commandments.

God did not give Moses Holy Days, food laws, garment laws, hygiene laws, and additional MORAL laws as well as all other sorts of laws because the Israelites were breaking the Ten Commandments. That just does not make any sense to me. I believe many of the laws that were given to the Israelites had to do with keeping them a united and well organized nation, and as well, to keep them a very different and seperate nation from other nations.

Galatians 3:19 What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. 20 A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one. 21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe. 23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24 So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. 26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Ken, how do you get the idea that the law here is referring to just sacrificial laws?

The Law was a tutor to teach right from wrong, and moreover it served to show us our weakness and that we need God’s Spirit in order to be righteous and please Him. The Messiah became our law. Instead of following the Law which only condemned us and did not justify us, we follow the Messiah. The Messiah is a MUCH BETTER tutor then the Law. The LAW being talked about in verse 19 includes the Ten Commandments. The Law says do not commit adultery, our Messiah says don’t even look at a woman and lust for her. The Messiah is an example of the Law written in the heart and mind. If we follow our new tutor the written Law is not necessary, we don’t need it because Jesus is a better law. If we have faith in Jesus, trusting in him and following his example and the commandments that he gives us to live by, we are no longer under the supervision of the Old Covenant. We don’t need a tablet to tell us what to do, we have Jesus. Where the Old Covenant revealed sin, Jesus revealed the working of God’s Spirit. The Law could not lead u
    s into righteousness and perfection, but God’s Spirit can indeed, as it did for Jesus. Clothing ourselves with Jesus means that we embrace God’s Spirit as he did. Jesus gave us Two Great Commandments in place of the Old Covenant. By following these Two Commandments all the requirements of keeping the old commandments are filled.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Ken, once again how do you exclude the Ten Commandments from being apart of these scriptures? God forgave us for ALL our sins, not just the sins from not keeping a Holy Day or food law. God cancelled out all of the written code. If He only canceled out part through Jesus, then we would still be in numerous sins. Jesus nailed ALL sins to the cross, not just sacrificial laws! When it says God cancelled out the written code, is He talking about laws that do not apply to being righteous any more? No, what it means is that the written code no longer holds us in the punishment of death. What laws are and are not to be followed is a different matter then what God was telling us here in that scripture.

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Ken, I do not think it is correct of you to add to scripture. You said, “There is NO mention in the Ten Commandments of food, drink, moons, holy days, and ANNUAL Sabbath DayS.” -The text does not say ANNUAL Sabbath days, I believe that is a false assumption you are making.

Are not ANNUAL Sabbath days and Holy Days ONE and the SAME? Yes they are, so why would ‘a Sabbath day’ be added to the text if it didn’t mean the weekly Sabbath?

Weekly Sabbaths are mentioned together in the OT, they can certainly be mentioned together in the NT!

2Ki 4:23 -Why go to him today?” he asked. “It's not the New Moon or the Sabbath.” “It's all right,” she said.

1Ch 23:31 – and whenever burnt offerings were presented to the Lord on Sabbaths and at New Moon festivals and at appointed feasts. They were to serve before the Lord regularly in the proper number and in the way prescribed for them.

Ne 10:33 – for the bread set out on the table; for the regular grain offerings and burnt offerings; for the offerings on the Sabbaths, New Moon festivals and appointed feasts; for the holy offerings; for sin offerings to make atonement for Israel; and for all the duties of the house of our God.

Just as I believe Col 2: 16 is declaring freedom from the Sabbath, as well Romans 14:5 – (One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind,) is clearly doing the same.

Collosians 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. 19 He has lost connection with the Head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow. 20 Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

There is no separation in the NT of the Ten Commandments remaining and all the other laws of Moses are done away with. Since many of the laws of Moses apply and go hand in hand with the Ten Commandments that line of reasoning just does not make sense. I believe what makes greater sense is that the laws that are no longer necessary, are the ones that don’t go hand in hand with the Two Great Commandments. Verse 23 tells us that many laws no longer need to apply because they do not help in restraining sensual indulgences. The stress and focus I see in the NT, is not worry about food laws, Sabbath days, Holy days, but worrying about our weak flesh and giving into our sensual indulgences, because when we give into these things we are most definitely not walking in the Spirit, we are being selfish and self-centered and denying the Two Great Commandments.

It appears to me that in Colossians 2, food laws, Sabbath days, Holy days, etc. are now being referred to as being human commands and teachings! Does anyone else see this?

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Joh 15:10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love.

1 John 2:3 Now by this we may be sure that we know him, if we obey his commandments.

Ken, I don’t believe you are correct in applying when it says in the NT, ‘keep my commandments’, that this is meaning specifically keep the Ten Commandments. Nowhere in the NT are all the Ten Commandments listed together and no where are we being asked specifically to keep the Ten Commandments. The words Ten Commandments are not found in the NT.

When the NT asks us to keep God’s commandments, I am going to assume this means we are to keep the Two Great Commandments that Jesus gave us, which we are told, when kept, they fulfill the Law.

Ro 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Jodi Great Post, you did a much better Job then what I tried to do in my Covenant Topic. But good luck, to convince Ken of that.
    May God Bless you and Keep you
    Peace and Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Jodi One more thing I am so happy to be a slave of Christ and walk in the Spirit with Christ and whoever wants to jpin me. One Family of God, One Faith, one Baptism, one Lord Jesus Christ, one Father who is above all, and in us all. Amen
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account