Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Yes, the “gospel of Nick”, not to the holy scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    It seems futile to preach your new gospel here as no takers have appeared.
    Boredom rules.

chosenone
    Participant

Truth, very often, is ignored, some prefer the 'gospel of Nick', no scripture is needed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,.
    Yoiu have been offered truth but choke on it.
    Should we continue to throw pearls of God's wisdom to see them trampled?

chosenone
    Participant

No scripture? Typical.

Participant

What does true repentance constitute?

IM4Truth
    Participant

942767 It has to come within us deep within our Hearts. Then we can go to the throne of God our Heavenly Father and confess our shortcomings and our sins. And He is quick to forgive them. In an Instant. What a great God we have that He send His only begotten Son, so we can have eternal life.
    Thank you Father.
    And if we have sinned against a Brother we have to go to Him or Her and asked for forgiveness. And we better forgive a Brother otherwise scripture says God will not forgive us either, if we don't.

Bless you
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 29 2007,14:32)
    942767  It has to come within us deep within our Hearts. Then we can go to the throne of God our Heavenly Father and confess our shortcomings and our sins. And He is quick to forgive them. In an Instant. What a great God we have that He send His only begotten Son, so we can have eternal life.
    Thank you Father.
    And if we have sinned against a Brother we have to go to Him or Her and asked for forgiveness. And we better forgive a Brother otherwise scripture says God will not forgive us either, if we don't.

Bless you
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi Mrs. IAM4Truth:

What you say is very true, but true repentance is not simply saying that your are sorry for your behaviour but after acknowledging that we have sinned and showing remorse, there should follow a change in our behaviour.

I would welcome any other comments.

God Bless

Cult Buster
    Participant

Repentance is a sorrow for and a turning away from sin.  Sin is when one violates God's law.

1Jo 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Sep. 10 2007,15:30)
    Repentance is a sorrow for and a turning away from sin.  Sin is when one violates God's law.

1Jo 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Right on CB, Thanks for your input.

God Bless

IM4Truth
    Participant

942787 Of course repentants is to do away with sin, but do you think that we will ever overcome sin completely? Paul tells us that He does what He does not wants to do. But does not what He should be doing. Sin is not imputed to us, if we walk in the spirit we do not sin. Does that mean that we will never sin again in my humble opinion, I don't think so. John says if you say you are without sin the truth is not in us. I have often wondered if we still have to go to the throne of God and ask for forgiveness of our sins, so many have said, once forgiven always forgiven, My opinion is that we still have to repent of sin and ask for forgiveness. If we have offended our Brother we need to ask Him for forgiveness, before we go and bring our gifts to the altar.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 12 2007,19:53)
    942787 Of course repentants is to do away with sin, but do you think that we will ever overcome sin completely? Paul tells us that He does what He does not wants to do. But does not what He should be doing.  Sin is not imputed to us, if we walk in the spirit we do not sin. Does that mean that we will never sin again in my humble opinion, I don't think so. John says if you say you are without sin the truth is not in us. I have often wondered if we still have to go to the throne of God and ask for forgiveness of our sins, so many have said, once forgiven always forgiven, My opinion is that we still have to repent of sin and ask for forgiveness.  If we have offended our Brother we need to ask Him for forgiveness, before we go and bring our gifts to the altar.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi Mrs. IAM4Truth:

As born again Christians we are striving to obey the commandments that have come from God through our Lord Jesus, but we make mistakes.  When we make a mistake, we repent and ask God to forgive us in the name of Jesus.  If we offend a brother in Christ, then we are to also ask that person to forgive us.

1 John 1:6
    If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:  
    1:7
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another *, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.  
    1:8
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  
    1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  

18:15
    Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.  
    18:16
    But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.  
    18:17
    And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but * * if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.  

As Christians, we do not practice sin intentionally.

Romans 13:10
    Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

God Bless

Participant

The Days of Awe are the 10 days from the beginning of Rosh Hashanah to the end of Yom Kippur. This important period, which always occurs in the autumn, is devoted to introspection, repentance, and atonement for sin.

According to Jewish tradition, it is during the Days of Awe that God decides on each person's fate in the next year. He writes these judgments in “books” on Rosh Hashanah, but they can be changed until the end of Yom Kippur, when the books are sealed.

thehappyman
    Participant

Jer. 31 :31 is good reading too. We have a new covenant and the son of God is and has started the body of christ the annointed one of God…………….:D ……I hope it brings you good tithing. The books of Rosh Hashanah and of Yom Kippur comes from where ? Hebrew bible ? ……….???

IM4Truth
    Participant

thehappyman Yes we do have a new Covenant in Chrisr Jesus. He, he you have not answered my P.M.

How come?

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D :D

michaels
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2006,22:39)
    Hi,
    We hope God uses us to show the major issue between God and men is false teaching such as trinity. It is worse than common garden godlessness as it actually insults God.
    Religious men, those steeped in theology and spiritual knowledge, as in the time of Christ, find it hardest to see their need to repent.
    Those who claim to see do not want spiritual eyes unto eternity.

hi nick ,me think jesus is God for he is in him,God showed us when he came down to sup with us ,but what is this trinity teaching you speak of. is there not one God,even jesus as it says in isiah 9:6 everlasting FATHER ,the mighty God ,does it not say we shold only call one Father and that is God?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Oct. 15 2007,17:16)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2006,22:39)
    Hi,
    We hope God uses us to show the major issue between God and men is false teaching such as trinity. It is worse than common garden godlessness as it actually insults God.
    Religious men, those steeped in theology and spiritual knowledge, as in the time of Christ, find it hardest to see their need to repent.
    Those who claim to see do not want spiritual eyes unto eternity.

hi nick ,me think jesus is God for he is in him,God showed us when he came down to sup with us ,but what is this trinity teaching you speak of. is there not one God,even jesus as it says in isiah 9:6 everlasting FATHER ,the mighty God ,does it not say we shold only call one Father and that is God?

Hi Michaels,

It is proper to say that Jesus is a Father, albeit not the Almighty Father.

Isaiah 53:10

Yet it was the LORD'S will to crush him [Jesus] and cause him to suffer,

and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering,

he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his land.

We are Jesus' firstfruits; we are his offspring, so to speak. In a few places Jesus refers to us as his children. This is a non-Trinitarian understanding of the usage of “Father” as it relates to Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This essential step is a source of confusion to many of the world who see nothing blameworthy in their lives. But the Word states that all men are in need of it so it must mean we lack insight as to the difference between how God views us and how we see ourselves.

Acts 17
    30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Shania
    Participant

Something to think about:

What is true repentance? What does it look like? Is it mere acknowledgement? Is it confession? Or is it a heart change? Does your behavior change? Is it lipservice? What if you believe that it is a heart change and your action changes? What if, some time later, you relapse? Does that mean that you never repented or that you need to repent again? What is the purpose of repentance?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi shania,
    Lk 15
    ” 14And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account