Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Here is the scripture you asked for:

(Eph.4) according as you were called also with one expectation of your calling;
    5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 one God and Father of all, Who is over all and through all and in all.
    7 Now to each one of us was given grace in accord with the measure of the gratuity of Christ.
    Notice “All is of God”, not “something” we do to earn our salvation.
    Second answer to “…some are not called out?” All are not saved at the same time, see 1Cor.15 for the order of vivification, some will not be saved until the “consummation”.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ July 03 2007,13:55)
    Hey Ken,

What do you believe is to take place on the Sabbath?

You are to keep the Sabbath Holy. How do you do that? You dedicate the whole day to your Father. This is not grievious, it is a delight. Worship your Father spend time with your Father. Most people go to their church then go home and watch football or some kind of sport. Or they do chores around the house. This is not keeping the Sabbath. You are sharing time with the world on Father's day.

Keeping the Sabbath is personal between you and the Father. The apostles picked corn on the Sabbath. If it is going to rain on the first day of the week and the only other time to mow the lawn is on the seventh day then mow the lawn. If you don't want to spend time with your Father then don't even try to keep the Sabbath.

But remember there is no scripture that does away with the seventh day Sabbath of God. The first day sabbath is of the Roman Universal Church or the Harlet and was not instituted until the 3rd century.

The Sabbath like the other nine is spiritual and not to the letter. Are there TEN commandments or just nine?

kejonn
    Participant

CO,
    Precept:

• A rule or principle prescribing a particular course of action or conduct.
    • Law. An authorized direction or order; a writ.

And this differs how from a commandment :O?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ July 03 2007,15:44)
    CO,
    Precept:

• A rule or principle prescribing a particular course of action or conduct.
    • Law. An authorized direction or order; a writ.

And this differs how from a commandment :O?

The greek word ENTOAWN, meaning “OF' direction” and closely translated “precept”. A dictionary translation of the greek word would be more accurate.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ July 03 2007,15:40)

Quote (kejonn @ July 03 2007,13:55)
    Hey Ken,

What do you believe is to take place on the Sabbath?

You are to keep the Sabbath Holy. How do you do that? You dedicate the whole day to your Father. This is not grievious, it is a delight. Worship your Father spend time with your Father. Most people go to their church then go home and watch football or some kind of sport. Or they do chores around the house. This is not keeping the Sabbath. You are sharing time with the world on Father's day.

Keeping the Sabbath is personal between you and the Father. The apostles picked corn on the Sabbath. If it is going to rain on the first day of the week and the only other time to mow the lawn is on the seventh day then mow the lawn. If you don't want to spend time with your Father then don't even try to keep the Sabbath.

But remember there is no scripture that does away with the seventh day Sabbath of God. The first day sabbath is of the Roman Universal Church or the Harlet and was not instituted until the 3rd century.

The Sabbath like the other nine is spiritual and not to the letter. Are there TEN commandments or just nine?

Hey Ken,

Just wanted to get a feel for what you felt was proper for honoring the Sabbath. Nothing out of line IMO.

I did want to remind you of one thing though:

Exodus 31:16 – So the sons of Israel shall observe the sabbath, to celebrate the sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.'

Did you know that there are some Jews who are trying to reach out to the Gentiles as well, and prescribing that Gentiles can share in the life to come by following the 7 Noahide (or Noachide) Laws? These were supposedly given to Noah when he departed the ark. The reason Gentiles were to follow these laws instead of the laws given the children of Israel was that the Jews are the chosen people of God, and have been directed to lead the world in spiritual matters. Gentiles who follow these Noahide Laws are called Hasidic Gentiles. I bring them up because the Jew actually forbid these Gentiles from honoring the Sabbath because they insist that the 10 commandments are strictly for the Jews.

I'm not saying I agree with any of this, but just wanted you to hear about and note the above verse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 03 2007,15:39)
    Here is the scripture you asked for:

(Eph.4)   according as you were called also with one expectation of your calling;
    7 Now to each one of us was given grace in accord with the measure of the gratuity of Christ.
        Notice “All is of God”, not “something” we do to earn our salvation.
    Second answer to “…some are not called out?”    All are not saved at the same time, see 1Cor.15 for the order of vivification, some will not be saved until the “consummation”.

Hi CO,
    You quote
    “(Eph.4) according as you were called also with one expectation of your calling;
    7 Now to each one of US was given grace in accord with the measure of the gratuity of Christ.”

Indeed we who are called must strive to go through the narrow gate and be found among the US.

chosenone
    Participant

Where did you find that in scripture?
    When God baptizes us with His holy spirit, He cannot be resisted! This is the “Grace” of God, who is the saviour of all mankind. (1Tim.4:9-11)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    SO where have you seen the evidence?
    Or is it just something we all take on faith?

chosenone
    Participant

What kind of “evidence” are you talking about?

kejonn
    Participant

CO,

Just curious, but where do you get ENTOAWN? Are you using the CLNT again? All other versions use either commands or commandments. The word used is entole,which according to Strong's can be translated as “injunction, i.e. an authoritative prescription:–commandment, precept.” Yes precept is in there, but I gave the meaning of precept above. You need to give valid sources if people are to believe you.

chosenone
    Participant

I looked it up useing the “Inerlinear Scripture Analyser”. This gives the original greek (or hebrew if OT) words and correct sentence structure, I find it the most accurate translation. And also the correct sentence structure is very important, as some translations alter this, and it confuses the original meaning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 03 2007,16:14)
    What kind of “evidence” are you talking about?

Hi CO,
    At the time of pentecost when Christ baptised his followers in the holy Spirit, Peter referred the amazed onlookers to Jl 2 where signs and wonders are shown to be the result of this baptism. That Jl 2 verse refers to when all flesh is baptised in this Spirit but this has yet to occur. Either way the signs follow believers in power whether then or now. So if you see this happening where is it?

chosenone
    Participant

I can not understand which scripture you are refering to. Please explain to me what “Jl 2 verse” is refering to what scripture, sorry but I am not sure what scripture you are quoting.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Jl2
    ” 28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”

chosenone
    Participant

I have figured it out, you quote the book of Joel. Again Nick, you use scripture from the 'Old Testament”. It was for the Jews, the nations were not included in the 'Old Covenant' under the law. I believe, but am not sure, that this is when God will make a new Covenant with the Jews, also spoken of in Jer.31:31, and Heb.8:10.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    OT?

Acts 2
    “16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

chosenone
    Participant

This is still to the Jews. It wasn't until Acts.13:45-46, that Paul instructed the Jews that they (the Jews) had been “thrust away” and God commissiond Paul to the “Nations”.
    Acts 13
    45 Yet the Jews, perceiving the throngs, are filled with jealousy, and they contradicted the things spoken by Paul, blaspheming.
    46 Being bold, both Paul and Barnabas, say, “To you (Jews) first was it necessary that the word of God be spoken. Yet, since, in fact, you are thrusting it away, and are judging yourselves not worthy of eonian life, lo! we are turning to the nations.

I know you have trouble “correctly cutting the word of truth”. Perhaps if you took the time to study to whom is “saying”, and to whom it is “written”, then scripture will have more meaning to you.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You should correctly cut the Word and note that the eternal and universal gospel of repentance for the forgiveness of sins was offered first to the Jews but now all men everywhere are forcing their way in. No new gospels.

chosenone
    Participant

Scripture please?

NickHassan
    Participant

HI CO,
    You seem to be deaf to the gospel.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account