Reincarnation vs the truth.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Don't hold your breath. Paul looked for the same thing you do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    Now he is in the mansions of Christ.
    I would love to meet this gentle and wise servant.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2008,06:32)
    Hi Stu,
    Taste and see that the Lord is good.
    Those who are outside of Christ cannot understand.

Those who are inside of Jesus cannot see because it is dark in there.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2008,15:53)
    Hi Kj,
    Now he is in the mansions of Christ.
    I would love to meet this gentle and wise servant.

Paul was an advertising executive for ChristianityTM.

Replace wise with cunning.

Stuart

Samuel
    Participant

So…what would be real funny is what that one comedian said.

If reincarnation were true…(Which Its not)…if you came back as a Tree and they cut you down, made you into paper and printed the Bible on you.

That would be great!

Cato
    Participant

Samuel,
    You should read my thread on, “reincarnation is not hinduism”.  Many here seem to mix the two falsely.  Reincarnation is the concept that a soul can be reborn into different physical bodies.  It goes back to the idea that a person is in truth a spiritual being himself and physical bodies are the clothes a soul wears to interact in the physical plane.  It is no more or less ridiculous then the belief that a dead body even if scattered and decomposed to dust can be brought back to full life and function as in the concept of resurrection.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ April 02 2008,05:10)
    So…what would be real funny is what that one comedian said.

If reincarnation were true…(Which Its not)…if you came back as a Tree and they cut you down, made you into paper and printed the Bible on you.

That would be great!

To really be charitable, christians should pulp their bibles and use the fibres for house insulation for the less well-off.

Stuart

Samuel
    Participant

Thats not very nice.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ April 02 2008,23:28)
    Samuel,
    You should read my thread on, “reincarnation is not hinduism”.  Many here seem to mix the two falsely.  Reincarnation is the concept that a soul can be reborn into different physical bodies.  It goes back to the idea that a person is in truth a spiritual being himself and physical bodies are the clothes a soul wears to interact in the physical plane.  It is no more or less ridiculous then the belief that a dead body even if scattered and decomposed to dust can be brought back to full life and function as in the concept of resurrection.

Hi cato,
    Do you believe God cannot raise the dead?
    Can he not recall to life those who died at sea?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Nice?
    Toughen up dude.
    You are more likely to hear the hounds of hell baying for your blood.

Samuel
    Participant

I'm not scared of the hounds of hell…

They have to go through the Blood of Jesus Christ to get to me.

He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world.

Toughen up?

There is no reason for me to be tough…
    Of course, I'm a spiritual warrior for Christ…however…without christ I am nothing but a lump of dust.
    I am also therefore a wittness, Jesus Christ fights my battles.  Hes the one thats tough.
    I'm the one that has Faith and look to him for everything…for without him I am nothing.

I can do nothing of my own…I mean nothing…i've tried it…it don't work out very well.

NickHassan
    Participant

Good stuff Samuel,
    You will learn much if you hang around and much of that learning is via the attacks on truth from loud puppet intellectuals. Yes we have the armour and we need it all. We follow Christ.
    Is 59
    15Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

16And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

17For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

18According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.

19So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

20And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

21As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Eph6
    13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1Thess5
    8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2008,13:07)
    Hi Samuel,
    Nice?
    Toughen up dude.

You mean Cerberus? I didn't know you believed in Greek mythology Nick.

Is it written?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ April 03 2008,06:34)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2008,13:07)
    Hi Samuel,
    Nice?
    Toughen up dude.

You mean Cerberus? I didn't know you believed in Greek mythology Nick.

Is it written?

Yes there is a written mention of it in the holy Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology

Praise be.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ April 03 2008,03:15)
    Thats not very nice.

Neither is Leviticus.

You can't call Ezekiel good family reading either.

Stuart

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2008,05:44)

Quote (Cato @ April 02 2008,23:28)
    Samuel,

Hi cato,
    Do you believe God cannot raise the dead?
    Can he not recall to life those who died at sea?

That God could do these things I do no doubt.
    What I question is that he would.  Do you question that God could not place our spiritual essence into a new body?  You say demons do so, so God should certainly be able to.

So both should be possible if you believe in God.

My point is that reincarnation at least seems logical, and when connected to the idea that life is for learning and growing as beings with spirits/souls, it make ever so much more sense that we be given multiple perspectives on life and the cause and effect of our actions.

If life is just a test, pass or fail as you believe, then I admit
    resurrection makes more sense.  Yet what about those that die as children, when their bodies are resurrected from death do they remain so or are they magically aged and given instant maturity of mind?  Are homosexuals made straight?(nevermind their not going to make it anyway bad example)  After this do they age and die again or stay that way in that form forever?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ April 04 2008,03:08)
    Are homosexuals made straight?(nevermind their not going to make it anyway bad example)  

I think that is actually the best example. God created everythng with omniscience, no? Then he created homosexuality. Why?

Stuart

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ April 03 2008,06:17)
    There is no reason for me to be tough…
    Of course, I'm a spiritual warrior for Christ…however…without christ I am nothing but a lump of dust.
    I am also therefore a wittness, Jesus Christ fights my battles.  Hes the one thats tough.
    I'm the one that has Faith and look to him for everything…for without him I am nothing.

I can do nothing of my own…I mean nothing…i've tried it…it don't work out very well.

Samuel,

I think this is taking an idea to an extreme.  God created us, yes, and I accept it is his will that sustains both us and the world around us. Yet how can you be both a spiritual warrior for Christ and be nothing on your own without him?  You say that Jesus fights your battles so what are you doing other then relying on him for salvation?  If you can do nothing on your own what good are you to God, to Jesus, to anyone?  Why would Satan bother tempting mere dust?

I think it is better to say we are limited beings with limited powers, dependent on the divine but with a small spark of that very divine within us.  We can make a difference for good or evil by the direction of that spark in our thoughts and deeds.  I think Jesus was sent to teach us, not fight for us.  That is not to say help is not available for those who ask, but it is help, not an escape from duty or service.  I think Jesus cringes everytime someone proclaims they are nothing without him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    We are not of the divine except of His expelled breath, and that returns to Him.
    We are sustained but will not be after death unless we have served.
    We have nothing to offer except our bodies unto service.
    Our roles are now appointed and our strength.
    Led by the Spirit unto the ways of God.

Romans 12
    1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

9Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

11Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Samuel
    Participant

Until we can all realize that we are nothing but dust, and are capable of doing nothing.
    There is not power in us for with which to do anything…with out GOD dwelling in us…and GOD does not fellowship with sin.

Therefore we have to take up our cross DAILY, admit that we are dogs…and have the Faith required for the relationship with GOD that he and we both desire to have with each other.

We all fall short of the Glory of GOD…we are all sinners. We have to get washed off with the Blood of Jesus, Baptized in the Holy Spirit and with FIRE!

And put GOD first…we have to say …I've had enough of all the lies!

Pray …that GOD will show us the truth…I want the truth …and a relationship with you GOD and I will not be satisfied till I get it.

I'm not turnning lose till you bless me.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account