Quick Intro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    dirtyknections
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I attend the Macclenny, Florida, USA congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Now before you offer your invitations of “freedom from the cult” :p..I want to clarify my beliefs. So here is a quick rundown of my belief system.

-God is the father, Jesus is the son, Holy spirit is what he uses to get things done. Hence the the meaning of his name, “he causes to become”. So yeah…no trinity

-Salvation is by faith. Works are a by product. Yet you can't have one without the other.

-We are under the “Law of love and faith”, therefore we are “subject to no man, yet subject to all”. This is part of the reason why I have to clarify my beliefs as to my background as a JW. The org has in my option developed their own “Law”
    which is contrary to the scriptural “freedom” Paul preached about.

-I don't believe only JW's will be saved. I believe all who are follow Christ and put faith in his ransom sacrifice, while also love their neighbor, loving God with their whole soul, and simulatneously fulfilling Jesus last commision at Matt 28:19,20 will be saved. Baptism is an essential part of your salvation. Yeah, i know that is the perfect example of a run-on sentence ;-). Simply put, membership on a specific religions membership log means nothing when concerning salvation.

-Their are two hopes clearly in the bible. No.. i don't know who goes to heaven or who stays on earth. All I can say is that God will put you in one of three places when the time comes. those places are either: Heaven, Earth, Gehenna.

-Jesus probably isn't michael the archangel…doesn't matter to me though what way you want to beileve. Trying to rid myself of all the excess eisegisis myself 😉

-Jesus was begotten not created

-Jesus is not an angel..but he is in the same form as the angels, aka celestial body or spirit creature

-We have free will..given to us by God

-God is the source of all knowledge but does not know everything. Someone things he chooses not to apply his ability to foreknow…aka the individual nuances of our lives.

-Heaven is not the destination for just 144,000 JW but for whoever God chooses.

-The “faithful and discreet slave” mentioned is Matt 24:45-47 does not refer to the modern “anointed” of JW…rather it is refering to all Christians who are good stewards over their faith and the commisions Christ left for us

ok i guess that will do

:D :D :;):

TimothyVI
    Participant

Welcome DK, that sounds better than welcome dirty. :D

Tim

How about nection or Brother, what do you want us to call you? In any event I want to Welcome you to this Website, and hope you can bring us some good news. We are mostly from the U.S.A. the owner from Australia and Nick our Board Member is from New Zealand. One member is from India. I think that's it.
    I do have a question for you. If you do not believe what the J.W. believe how come you still are going to their Church?
    Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D

Lightenup
    Participant

Welcome DK,
    I look forward to your posts and believe alot of the same things as you. I am not a JW though and I do not agree with the trinity. I believe that the Son of God is the only begotten God before the foundation of the world and not eternal past like His Father. I am kinda in no man's land and don't feel like I fit in anywhere. I can't deny my beliefs just to join an established denomination even though I attend a Baptist church because my hubby is a trinitarian. I'm a black sheep I guess. Oh well, here's to all the black sheep out there:blues:

So were you ever a trinitarian? How did you come to be a JW? I hope you enjoy the threads here at heaven net.

God bless,
    LU

Kathi! You are blacked out like I am now, A black sheep you are not. You are a Child of God and have His Holy Spirit working in you, otherwise you could not understand what you do.
    Love Irene :D :D

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 29 2008,05:58)
    -Jesus probably isn't michael the archangel…doesn't matter to me though what way you want to beileve. Trying to rid myself of all the excess eisegisis myself

Dirty (you may want to change this? Unless you want folks calling you, “dirty”) :;):

Jesus as Michael is one of the reasons I haven't joined the JW's. I admire quite a lot about their religion and I usually study with them once a month (when they come to my door).

Anyway, welcome!
    Love,
    Mandy

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hey…thanks for the warm welcome

I was born into the JW faith…therefore i never beileved the trinity…I have researched the possibility intensely, and still on my own come to the conclusion that there is no trinity…

I still attend JW services because I do not see a reason to stop. Our walk with Christ is an individual walk..not a group walk…therefore no matter where i attend or dont attend…i still have to individually prove my faith

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ May 29 2008,08:03)
    I believe that the Son of God is the only begotten God before the foundation of the world and not eternal past like His Father. I am kinda in no man's land and don't feel like I fit in anywhere.

Hi Kathi,

I'm peeking in every now and then.

I smiled when I read what you wrote above. You know, everyone here at Heavennet has their quirks about certain dogma's. If you listen long enough you will hear it all. I didn't know what you believed at first but now I have a pretty good idea. And yes, it's a bit different and I haven't heard your point of view before.

But if you stay here long enough……nothing will surprise you anymore. And it all starts to sound reasonable. Or at least you can certainly see how folks come to their ideas.

Take care,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 29 2008,08:58)

I was born into the JW faith…therefore i never beileved the trinity…I have researched the possibility intensely, and still on my own come to the conclusion that there is no trinity…

I still attend JW services because I do not see a reason to stop. Our walk with Christ is an individual walk..not a group walk…therefore no matter where i attend or dont attend…i still have to individually prove my faith

Love your attitude, man!  To a large degree I think you are right.  It doesn't seem to matter where you worship so long as you know who you are worshiping.

This is the freedom that is starting to come to me as well.

Not3in1
    Participant

DK,

“david” is a JW on this site. He contributes quite a bit. In my opinion, he is one of the great debater's here. You may want to watch for him.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Yeah..

I'm familiar with “david”…i have actually been “lurking” on this site for about 6 months…

I am actually “familiar”…with all of you :p

I thoroughly enjoy the convo here…sometimes i think it strays a little too much into personal attacks…but hey…i get fired up about my bible too..Sometimes when reading the posts here i think of Jesus when he threw the money changers out of the temple…lol

I could just see some of the people that post here standing along side jesus screaming, “Get em' Lord…show how its done!!!” ( while simultaneously pocketing some of the money that jesus threw on the ground)..J/K…

Not3in1
    Participant

Ah…..so you're one of the LURKERS who is coming out to play! Well, good for you. Again, glad you're here.
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

I think sometimes the reason topics sway into personal attacks is because we are all human. Plus, there are a few women here and you know how dang catty we can be! :;):

Don't get me wrong, there are a few passionate men as well……

But everyone believes they have the “truth”. And if you pay attention, there are a lot of versions of the “truth” flying around. I have been discouraged by this in the past. In fact, I'm currently studying hard again to nail down some of my basic beliefs. But I find coming here helps me stay focused on searching Him out.

Like a few here, I also do not have a good network of real-live-people in my life who love God and want to serve him. So coming here helps fill-in the gaps a bit for me. I've recently been given some good advice by a brother here to join a church! I think I will take his advice and make the leap…….

Anyway, good to chat with you.
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

The JW church seems to be the only church I've encountered who are truly into studying the bible…..I think I'll give them a try! Although I'm not too keen on giving up my pagen holidays such as Christmas! I'm also pretty into living and if I needed a blood transfusion I'd sign up right away! Then there's the whole Jesus/Michael thing……… Oh, dear. Maybe I should just stick to the kitchen table for now.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

4000 posts! :p

I guess I better start making them count instead of rambling on and on and on and on…..

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 29 2008,10:35)
    4000 posts!  :p

I guess I better start making them count instead of rambling on and on and on and on…..

Holy cow Mandy,
    You are catching up with Nick.

Tim

dirtyknections
    Participant

well…i'll give you this little piece of advice…

The key to being a Christian AND a JW…is your ability to seperate the bible from being a JW…yes they are seperate…

If you really…want the scoop on being a JW…PM me or better yet call me 904-616-2069….I think i'm pretty quailifed to speak on it…

-I was baptized in 1993

-Father is an elder..mother a pioneer..

-12 other relatives involved in varying degrees of responsibility

Shania
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,00:58)
    Our walk with Christ is an individual walk..not a group walk…therefore no matter where i attend or dont attend…i still have to individually prove my faith

[Standing, applausing, shouting]
    AMEN!!!! :D

You've got an awesome heart.
    I personnally know at least 4 JW's and I agree with you here. Our Father looks at the heart.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,03:09)
    well…i'll give you this little piece of advice…

The key to being a Christian AND a JW…is your ability to seperate the bible from being a JW…yes they are seperate…

Again-
    SO RIGHT ON :D :) :;):

You cannot have a relationship with your Father through a pastor, an elder, or an organization- though it is important to be in a body of believers. Your relationship is just you and Him and only you are accountable to Him for your decisions, actions and behavior. This is why many people fall when their pastor falls– they put hope in him.

Like Nick says, “test all things”

I appreciate so much that your heart is to find the truth and to find your Father on a personal level- that you do not believe just whatever someone tells you too. You go and search it out. That can be hard and lonely. I applaud you. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 29 2008,08:58)

Hi DC,
    We are given to understand that to question JW dogma is to risk your future chance of scoring a place in the 144,000. But you concur that Jesus is not an angel and not Michael?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 232 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account