Questions about Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Well that doesn't explain the “mechanics” at all Adam Pastor…..

kenrch
    Participant

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

The Son of man so he would be tempted as we are, but not sin. Jesus was flesh with the same feelings we have.

How did God do it? God is Spirit some how He impregnated Mary's egg without physical contact. God who created humans I believe could do that :)

That's that! I believe faith comes into play here. Don't you agree. However to me it isn't that far fetched.

Son of man through Mary and Son of God through the Holy Spirit who is God.

Now someone explain to me why the son of God had to receive the Holy Spirit when baptized? :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 15 2007,17:19)
    BTW Not3, I don't want to appear like i'm being facteious here, I really want to know how it happaned…..how can a metaphysical entity fertilise a human woman, what were the mechanics behind the operation?….

Hi Is 1.18,
    Does God not create?
    Is He not the source of all things?
    How is not the issue as we know from Scripture it is true.
    God overshadowed Mary and Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    You ask
    “Now someone explain to me why the son of God had to receive the Holy Spirit when baptized? “
    Because he did not have that Spirit. That Spirit is the Spirit of the Father and he is not the Father but the Son of God. He too had to be reborn from above so that he coul;d be the first of many brothers reborn from above.

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,10:41)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 15 2007,17:19)
    BTW Not3, I don't want to appear like i'm being facteious here, I really want to know how it happaned…..how can a metaphysical entity fertilise a human woman, what were the mechanics behind the operation?….

Hi Is 1.18,
    Does God not create?
    Is He not the source of all things?
    How is not the issue as we know from Scripture it is true.
    God overshadowed Mary and Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit of God.

yes Nick!! you have it!! God does create, indeed, is the only One who can, that is why Jesus is called the Creator and Sustainer….

(Colossians 1:15-17) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities–all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”

Isn't the word of God wonderful! So clear… so plain… Jesus is God the Creator!! Praise Him! All things were created by Him and through Him…. and it is He who holds together all of creation…. not something a mere human or even angelic being has the power to do… no, only God has such power, therefore, Jesus is God….

blessings,
    Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    So you believe God did not have monogenes Son that He sent into the world but He came Himself?
    And can you follow God?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Nick, how long have you been beating your wife?

epistemaniac
    Participant

or how about…. when did you stop beating your wife?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ken,
    Who is the monogenes Son of God?
    Was he sent into the world?
    Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

If Jesus was the God who came who was the God who was with him?

epistemaniac
    Participant

the point of this is merely to be a rhetorical device Nick… I really don't think you beat your wife…. the point of the question was to shock you a bit because you still seem to have a penchant for asking informally fallacious questions, informal fallacies called “complex questions”….. ask direct questions please, without the unnecessary “either/or” addition which always seems to assume something that you may be assuming, but is not perhaps what the person you are asking assumes….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    So who was the God who was with the Son of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    God was with Joseph as well.
    Acts 7:9
    And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

So was Joseph God too?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,13:53)
    Hi ken,
    Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

the only begotten Son was Jesus Nick… I would have hoped that you knew this by now… but hey, if you have need of such elementary instruction, I am here to help you 😉

and yes…. the Son was sent into the world Nick…..

and your last question goes on to commit the informal fallacy that you are positively addicted to….. when you tell me you stopped beating your wife I will answer your last question….

oh… what the heck …. Proverbs 26:5 and all ya know…. 😉

Jesus was the God who came, was and is the God who was always here, who never left, was and is the eternal I AM, not created but eternal……

AND

the God who was with Him was none other then God the Father and God the Son…

AND

voila…. the Trinity is proven once again… thanks so much for playing Nick… you have been a big help in once again priving that the doctrine of the Trinity is the only way to make sense of the whole counsel of God…. thanks so much for your help…

blessings,
    Ken

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,13:56)
    Hi Ken,

NH

He was the Father who is also God!

:)

epistemaniac
    Participant

you know Nick…. I have to ask ya…. when was Joseph ever said to be the One who created all that there is, and that he is the one who holds all creation together?

when you can answer this, you will have your answer to your other questions…

blessings,
    Ken

epistemaniac
    Participant

can you say…. “red herring”…?

goooood… I knew you could…. lol

epistemaniac
    Participant

Nick, you may want to leave the Socratic dialog type of questions to people like Peter Kreeft or John Gerstner… clearly you are not helping your cause here… :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,14:01)

Hi ken,
    Acts 10

the only begotten Son was Jesus Nick… I would have hoped that you knew this by now… but hey, if you have need of such elementary instruction, I am here to help you 😉

and your last question goes on to commit the informal fallacy that you are positively addicted to….. when you tell me you stopped beating your wife I will answer your last question….

Jesus was the God who came, was and is the God who was always here, who never left, was and is the eternal I AM, not created but eternal……

AND

AND

voila…. the Trinity is proven once again… thanks so much for playing Nick… you have been a big help in once again priving that the doctrine of the Trinity is the only way to make sense of the whole counsel of God…. thanks so much for your help…

blessings,
    Ken

Hi E,
    Do you need all this confusion?
    God is the Father.
    Jesus is His Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 16 2007,14:02)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,13:56)
    Hi Ken,

NH

He was the Father who is also God!

:)

Hi W,
    So when the bible just says “god” should we expect the term to relate to a trinity or the Father or one of the others?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2007,14:10)

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,14:01)

Hi ken,
    Acts 10

AND

AND

blessings,
    Ken

Hi E,
    Do you need all this confusion?
    God is the Father.
    Jesus is His Son.

oh.. I am not confused Nick… that seems to be you, especially given the nature of your ongoing illogical questions…

God the Father is God
    God the Son is God
    God the Holy Spirit is God
    And these three are one God,
    one in essence, 3 in person

fairly straightforward really….. not simple to be sure… but hey… explain the universe to em in 30 words or less ehh? God is infinite, omnipresent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, figure that out would ya?

if you strive for only simplistic answers, you will only always have a simplistic faith…. your level of maturity will always be that of a babe….. but for those who are mature… who want to take into account the whole counsel of God… the Trinity is there waiting…

blessings,
    Ken

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account