Questions about Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

God/God = God

Man/Women = Man

God/Women = Divine Man

This is the simple truth written in the gospels concerning the only begotten Son of God.

God had a plan/purpose. That plan/purpose came to life through the glorious virgin conception in Mary. Mary was pregnant. Mary gave birth. God and Mary had a Son. Jesus – Son of God, and Son of Man.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 14 2007,17:46)
    God/God = God

Man/Women = Man

God/Women = Divine Man

This is the simple truth written in the gospels concerning the only begotten Son of God.

God had a plan/purpose.  That plan/purpose came to life through the glorious virgin conception in Mary.  Mary was pregnant.  Mary gave birth.  God and Mary had a Son.  Jesus – Son of God, and Son of Man.

That's it!  Plain simple truth :)

2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the SIMPLICITY THAT IS IN CHRIST.

Jesus first born Son of God Son of man.  We His brethren are sons of God and sons of man.
    Lets not belittle ourselves!  This is why Jesus paid for our sins that we could become children of God just as HE.

Mat 18:3  And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

We must become as little children.  Believeing God's Word the simplicity of Christ.  We must wipe the slate clean forget man's confusing teachings and get back to the simple truth.

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
    1Co 1:19  For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
    1Co 1:20  Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    1Co 1:21  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Not3in1
    Participant

Two schools of thought are interesting to me:

1.) Jesus is an incarnation of God himself. He is the “second person” of God, not separate from God; but indeed, God himself.

2.) Jesus is the Son of the living God. Come in the flesh. His own person; with his own will, separate from God. Not God.

As you read these two schools of thought, which one sounds more scriptural right from the beginning?

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,07:27)
    Two schools of thought are interesting to me:

1.)  Jesus is an incarnation of God himself.  He is the “second person” of God, not separate from God; but indeed, God himself.

2.)  Jesus is the Son of the living God.  Come in the flesh.  His own person; with his own will, separate from God.  Not God.

As you read these two schools of thought, which one sounds more scriptural right from the beginning?

N

The first one.

John 1:1 and Phil 2:6 and 1 Jn 1:1,2 and Jn 17:5 and 1 Cor 15:47

Just to mention a few.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

Once again, you must infer when using the verses you point out. For NOWHERE IN SCRIPTURE does it explain that God incarnated himself in the second person of his triunity (there's a new “unbiblical” word to add to the many that describe the theory of the Trinity). No disrespect meant. Just pointing out the obvious.

WJ, I am posting the things that I am posting mainly for those who are lurkers and read this thread. That they may have a view that is scriptural. A view that uses scriptural language. I realize that you are set in your view, and haven't really been humble enough to look at any one elses here. Primarily you debate, and that is OK, I've learned a lot from you. But I am not trying to convince YOU. Just leaving information for others who may want to ponder another view. One they can explain to their children. :)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,09:37)
    Once again, you must infer when using the verses you point out.  For NOWHERE IN SCRIPTURE does it explain that God incarnated himself in the second person of his triunity (there's a new “unbiblical” word to add to the many that describe the theory of the Trinity).  No disrespect meant.  Just pointing out the obvious.  

WJ, I am posting the things that I am posting mainly for those who are lurkers and read this thread.  That they may have a view that is scriptural.  A view that uses scriptural language.  I realize that you are set in your view, and haven't really been humble enough to look at any one elses here.  Primarily you debate, and that is OK, I've learned a lot from you.  But I am not trying to convince YOU.  Just leaving information for others who may want to ponder another view.  One they can explain to their children.  :)

Not3in1

It seems to me you are also set in your view and not willing to humble yourself to the majority of the scriptures that disagree with you!

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

I knew you would say that, WJ. Kind of like a “nanny-nanny-boo-boo.” Ha! But the truth of the matter is, you can look back on many of my posts (some to you, even), where I have said things like: I will consider this. I will look up these verses. I will ponder this some more.

No, the truth is, I have and do consider others views. I read back-posts (many of yours, in fact), and have pondered things deeply. I will continue to do this. Have you? That's really not the point as we are nit-picking now. Pointing fingers, and you know where that leads? Nowhere.

I just wanted you to know that I do consider what you have to say – probably more than you know. Will it change my view? I honestly don't know? I'm open to the truth. But up to this point, I believe scripture is a lot more simple than you do. I take it for face value without reading a lot into it. I try not to infer as much as possible. I try to take things as literal as possible. You cannot do that with your view. You cannot do it! YOU MUST INFER TO COME UP WITH THREE IN ONE! God only ever says he is One. When HE says that he is three………I'll believe it.

Not3in1
    Participant

But back to the topic –

Did God not provide the seed?

How did Mary become pregnant then?

Or was a true pregnancy…………what do you think, WJ? True pregnancy or incarnation?

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,10:27)
    But back to the topic –

Did God not provide the seed?

How did Mary become pregnant then?

Or was a true pregnancy…………what do you think, WJ?  True pregnancy or incarnation?

Not3in1

If he was both the Son of God and the Son of man then it was not a true pregnancy was it?

A true pregnancy involves a man and a woman, not a woman and God.

So answer incarnation.

:O

Not3in1
    Participant

What do you mean – IF – he was the Son of God and the Son of Man? Jesus IS the Son of God and the Son of Man. It is written.

It is also written that Mary “conceived.” Not received an “incarnation.”

Stay with what is written. But what you are confessing is interesting. I will ponder what you have said tomorrow while I do my bible study.

Have a great Sunday!

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,16:13)
    What do you mean – IF – he was the Son of God and the Son of Man?  Jesus IS the Son of God and the Son of Man.  It is written.

It is also written that Mary “conceived.”  Not received an “incarnation.”

Stay with what is written.  But what you are confessing is interesting.  I will ponder what you have said tomorrow while I do my bible study.

Have a great Sunday!

not3in1

Excuse me. “Since he is the Son of God and the Son of Man!”

Then it is not a normal pregnancy.

:p

Not3in1
    Participant

Says you.

I disagree.

You tell God that his Son is not legitimate then……..but give me fair warning so I can log off…..:)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,16:55)
    Says you.

I disagree.

You tell God that his Son is not legitimate then……..but give me fair warning so I can log off…..:)

N

When you were born in the world was God your Father and your Mom your Mother.

Was she a virgin?

Tell me. If there was nothing different about Jesus birth than ours then why didnt the Father just pick a husband and wife and tell them that the Holy thing in them will be the Son of God?

???

Not3in1
    Participant

Tell me. If there was nothing different about Jesus birth than ours then why didnt the Father just pick a husband and wife and tell them that the Holy thing in them will be the Son of God?

Because it had to be God's SEED! Excellent question :)

You say:
    No. There was only ONE “only” begotten of God. That's what makes Jesus so special.

Special. Not “different” from us in how he was conceived, and brought into the world.

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh, and yes, my Mom was a virgin. Typical 50's wife! :)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:06)

Because it had to be God's SEED!  Excellent question :)

You say:
    No.  There was only ONE “only” begotten of God.  That's what makes Jesus so special.  

Special.  Not “different” from us in how he was conceived, and brought into the world.

N

I see he was the Monogenes “Unique” Son of God but his birth wasnt different.

Where did you learn this stuff?

???

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:07)
    Oh, and yes, my Mom was a virgin.  Typical 50's wife!  :)

N

So she concieve without having intercourse a suragate Mother?

???

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2007,17:06)
    Because it had to be God's SEED!  Excellent question :)

He he….does YHWH have DNA?

Not3in1
    Participant

So she concieve without having intercourse a suragate Mother?

Please.

Not3in1
    Participant

does YHWH have DNA?
    Is he a Father?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account